Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Was that even previously announced as coming to PS4?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    a long while back, but we never had a date until now

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Aren't they already doing a sequel?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

feel like we're getting a lot more indie farm-em-ups

this one's pretty cute though

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/18/minekos-night-market-announced/

• Options
    Aren't they already doing a sequel?

yup

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Huh, I thought this guy only made joke games

Sounds like there's something special to this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Maybe the biggest joke

Is taking video games seriously

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

this sounds really neat

• Options
    the real joke game was the friends we made along the way

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That sounds like a nice game that I'm never gonna play

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I'll probably check it out when it goes on sale

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    was that dude just watering and then harvesting a kitten

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Yeah sandbox games like that do absolutely nothing for me, but I'm glad they're out there for the people who like em

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    the real joke game was the friends we made along the way

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    was that dude just watering and then harvesting a kitten

are you unaware of how kittens are made or something

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    gotta put in for a name change to der fraffle mous

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wow, way to exploit people's burning desire for waffle facts in order to get some cheap points in Rocket League

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

And out of nowhere a seven years later Iji update. Iji is a pretty great game, so I'm excited to check out the new changes. Looks like the biggest changes are the addition of non-lethal weapon variants and some new story paths, but there's a bunch of other stuff too.

I just learned about this yesterday and came to post about it; glad somebody's way more caught up on it than I was. Iji is still my favorite indie game of all time, so I'm glad it's still getting some love and recognition.

Funny thing, I learned about it because I had a dream that Iji updated the other night and it made me curious to check out the author's website in the real world.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't even realize that was a thing. Glad to hear it won't be in the shipping version.

• Options
    his cameo made sense because he was good friends with grant kirkhope and he has pretty much always been youtube's biggest evangelist for the games of rare's heyday

that said, good on PTG for removing him. it can't be a minor thing to do, considering how close to launch the game is at this point

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    As long as they have a steam boat horn they'll be fine.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular

That's some bullshit, I don't agree with Jontron's politics but cutting someone out because you don't agree with their viewpoint is dumb. If I could request a refund for my backing then I would not that button without a second thought.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Okay but let me offer you a second though for consideration

Maaaaaaaaybe don't give people who think genocide might be a good idea a platform?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

That's some bullshit, I don't agree with Jontron's politics but cutting someone out because you don't agree with their viewpoint is dumb. If I could request a refund for my backing then I would not that button without a second thought.

no it's actually one of the central components of our society

you get to choose who you hang out with and who you want to employ and you get to decide what your criteria are going to be for these things

I will also point out that "viewpoint" is a pretty goddamn charitable way to describe the assertion that white supremacy is fine

Shorty on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

I was gonna say that it might not be completely fair to stop hiring people who consistently say douche things, as not being employed can worsen your douche traits, and I want to rehabilitate the douche, but it's very different from there being no repercussions to your douche opinions. You should absolutely lose a prestigious position if you are a racist fuck.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Make no mistake I think Jontron is a total asshat, but he's a really funny dude, and while I agree that there should be consequences to one's actions, I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be a net loss for the game's writing.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    There are other funny dudes, and i doubt he even had anything to do with the game's writing

He was just going to be a goofy voice, a nice tribute to him being a fan

Maybe losing that will make him do some thinking

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I doubt it
    He wasn't writing anything

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, plus aren't the actual voices in Yooka-Laylee just silly noises?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    JonTron has every right to spew hateful garbage

Playtonic also has every right to cut him from the product if they don't want to be associated with his hateful garbage, and I applaud them for that

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also he's not funny

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I'm sure Jontron already got recorded and paid long ago, he's not a hapless employee losing a job over a political opinion. Playtonic can do whatever they want with those voice samples, and if they want to throw it all in the garbage as a protest against the alt-right then good for them.

• Options
    There are other funny dudes, and i doubt he even had anything to do with the game's writing

I can guarantee you that the result of his thinking will be "GUESS THOSE SJWS HATE FREE SPEECH"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Make no mistake I think Jontron is a total asshat, but he's a really funny dude, and while I agree that there should be consequences to one's actions, I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be a net loss for the game's writing.

Well 1. He did a voice for the game. He didn't have anything to do with the writing, and 2. The game is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie where all the characters "talk" via pitch adjusted vocal gibberish. The dude's VO isn't even reading lines, it's just making a few goofy noises that get played over and over again while you read text boxes.

• Options

I can guarantee you that the result of his thinking will be "GUESS THOSE SJWS HATE FREE SPEECH"
    Most likely

Maybe getting the message from some people he respects and likes will make it sink in more

Wouldn't bet on it, but stranger things have happened

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Yeah, plus aren't the actual voices in Yooka-Laylee just silly noises?

yup which makes this whole complaint really fucking funny

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.