As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody bitches about [chat]

• Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I believe that black people in that yakuza is a question that should be thoroughly probed.

Dammit Inquisitor, you should be inquisitioning the tough questions.

Like, are black people old?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ege02 wrote: »
    I'm about to shove my fist up his ass.
    :winky:

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The asshole behind me is farting.

I'm about to shove my fist up his ass.

Increase the font size on your browser to maximum, angle the screen so he can see it, and just leave the computer sitting there with that post on the screen.

jotate on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    The Halo-helmet looks a lot better (and a bit bigger) than I expected.
    100_0453.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRDD!

(you've got your stereotypes wrong) You're meant to excuse him of being a frat bro and everything that comes along with that.

Leitner on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    According to my divining rod, and these knuckle bones I just cast about...and some signs and portents the answer is...

Some.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know how I can search through a forum with Boardreader (dot com)?
    Anyone? :(
    Suck dick for cash, bitch

Ah! That did the trick. Thanks Hacks. :D

Their archives didn't go back far enough, though. :( Boo.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    IronyBot, are white people bigots?

Seriously, what was the thought process that went in to asking that? That can not be a real question.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    According to my divining rod, and these knuckle bones I just cast about...and some signs and portents the answer is...

Ragnarok.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    The Halo-helmet looks a lot better (and a bit bigger) than I expected.
    100_0453.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRDD!

(you've got your stereotypes wrong) You're meant to excuse him of being a frat bro and everything that comes along with that.

Excuse or accuse?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Ragnarok.

It's always Ragnarok with you!

It's almost like you want Surt to engulf the world in flame.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Because I despise nerd culture for ruining the hobbies I enjoy.
    My warrior hit 32 last night. I'm now high enough for SM runs.

Time for lunch!

Major respect for people who enjoy warrioring. I suck at aggro management.
    Same to priests.

So many buttons.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Ragnarok.

It's always Ragnarok with you!

It's almost like you want Surt to engulf the world in flame.

I kind of want that.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tanking stuff when you were underlevel for it was probably the most fun I had when I used to play WoW, PvE wise.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Holy CRAP:
    Since duroquinone possesses four cones, each molecule essentially has four different settings. Since the central molecule can simultaneously control 16 other duroquinones, mathematically this means a single pulse at the machine can have 4^16 - or nearly 4.3 billion - different outcomes.

In comparison, a normal computer transistor can only carry out just one instruction at once, and only has two settings - 0 and 1. This means a single pulse at it can only have two different outcomes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080311/sc_livescience/tinybrainlikecomputercreated

EDIT:
    Bandyopadhyay added they could expand their device from a two-dimensional ring of 16 duroquinones around the center to a three-dimensional sphere of 1,024 duroquinones. This means it could perform 1,024 instructions at once, for 4^1024 different outcomes - a number larger than a 1 with 1,000 zeroes after it. They would control the molecule at the center of the sphere by manipulating "handles" sticking out from the core.

Jesus.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Shit, I meant accuse. What I'd give for the power to edit other peoples posts.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sometimes, when I quote people. I fix their typos for them.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I usually only quote people to point out their mistakes.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

I thought self quoting was frowned upon on these forums though Preacher.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sometimes, when I quote people, I fix their typos for them.

Yeah, me too.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Because I despise nerd culture for ruining the hobbies I enjoy.
    My warrior hit 32 last night. I'm now high enough for SM runs.

Time for lunch!

Major respect for people who enjoy warrioring. I suck at aggro management.
    Same to priests.

So many buttons.

Really? In my 20 levels of warrioring experience, it seems like warriors have more buttons than priests. I mean, they have 3 stances. I guess priests can get complicated if you try to mainheal as a shadow priest, but other than that, they're pretty straightforward.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Holy CRAP:
    Since duroquinone possesses four cones, each molecule essentially has four different settings. Since the central molecule can simultaneously control 16 other duroquinones, mathematically this means a single pulse at the machine can have 4^16 - or nearly 4.3 billion - different outcomes.

In comparison, a normal computer transistor can only carry out just one instruction at once, and only has two settings - 0 and 1. This means a single pulse at it can only have two different outcomes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080311/sc_livescience/tinybrainlikecomputercreated

EDIT:
    Bandyopadhyay added they could expand their device from a two-dimensional ring of 16 duroquinones around the center to a three-dimensional sphere of 1,024 duroquinones. This means it could perform 1,024 instructions at once, for 4^1024 different outcomes - a number larger than a 1 with 1,000 zeroes after it. They would control the molecule at the center of the sphere by manipulating "handles" sticking out from the core.

Jesus.

Awesome. My dream of becoming an AI pscyhotherapist is one step closer.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2008

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    good morning [chat]holes

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    good morning [chat]holes

Fuck you too, [chat]ass.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Warrior is easy.

You need three buttons: Intercept, Hamstring, Mortal Strike.

You then roll your face across the keyboard for maximum performance.

ege02 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

For me they allow it, like your mother.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Warrior is easy.

You need three buttons: Intercept, Hamstring, Mortal Strike.

You then roll your face across the keyboard for maximum performance.

Dammit, ege, you made me ROFL in class :P

And I'm pretty sure that's not the right way to maintank :P Or offtank. I guess it might be good for soloing.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Really? In my 20 levels of warrioring experience, it seems like warriors have more buttons than priests. I mean, they have 3 stances. I guess priests can get complicated if you try to mainheal as a shadow priest, but other than that, they're pretty straightforward.
    Yes, but you're only ever going to really use one stance for whatever you're planning. And when you change stances the interface automatically changes to the buttons you've assigned to that stance.

Meanwhile priests have multiple ranks of different heals and no benecast to simplify it anymore.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So, Quid, when's that gay apparel coming off?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Now whiny bitch is bragging about his high clearances in a whiny manner.

And now he's whining more.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yes, but you're only ever going to really use one stance for whatever you're planning. And when you change stances the interface automatically changes to the buttons you've assigned to that stance.

Meanwhile priests have multiple ranks of different heals and no benecast to simplify it anymore.

Sure, but very few people use all the different ranks. The thing is, mana efficiency goes up with the rank, and so, unless you're partying with people way below your level, you generally want to use the highest rank and just time your heals to minimize overhealing. The only time I've ever needed non-highest level heals was when I was trying to do the stupid staff quest, because the peasants you're trying to keep alive have like 100HP.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    good morning [chat]holes

Fuck you too, [chat]ass.

:shock:

I made this lasagna this weekend, and it is pretty darn good.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Church wrote: »
    People with appropriate Christmas spirit don't take down their decorations til July.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sure, but very few people use all the different ranks. The thing is, mana efficiency goes up with the rank, and so, unless you're partying with people way below your level, you generally want to use the highest rank and just time your heals to minimize overhealing. The only time I've ever needed non-highest level heals was when I was trying to do the stupid staff quest, because the peasants you're trying to keep alive have like 100HP.
    Well now I feel silly.

Veeeerrrry silly.

Quid on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    People with appropriate Christmas spirit don't take down their decorations til July.

My family has a Christmas in July party.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I'm still using my New Year's avatar. I like it, though, and it's not obnoxiously festive, so I think I might keep it around. At least until I find another image of Haruhi.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Actually, as a priest you use lower rank spells a lot in arena.

The priest on my arena team used to spam rank 1 shadow word pain on the opposite team, and their team kept wasting their time dispelling it, never realizing that it was rank 1.

Good times.

ege02 on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I use three different ranks of Greater Heal. It's good for keeping the tank at high health (To prevent disasters from burst damage) without torching your mana. Also, my mana regen while casting is about 50% and when main healing you're never out of the 5 second rule so it makes my mana go further to use a lower ranked heal. Also, my +Healing is almost 1700 while buffed, so there's that.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I pray not all intel types are as annoying as this prick. Cause so far they have been.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well now I feel silly.

Veeeerrrry silly.

As well you should, n00b!

At the risk of someone coming out and telling me I'm a dumbass, because I'm somewhat oversimplifying, for healing you really just need 5 buttons: big heal, small heal, HoT, shield, and fade. If you want to DPS as non-shadowspec, you have at most 3 options: Smite, Holy Fire, and Holy Nova. Shadowspec has more buttons, particularly after TBC, and styles vary, but still not anywhere near the complexity of tanking and instance, where you have to maintain aggro on multiple targets, and watch for adds.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.