As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fucking Cheaters

12345679»

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I kind of cheated once, I still wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. It's not that I didn't know the answer, it's that I didn't want to do the work.

It was some bullshit required class at my old community college that was basically there to teach people how to use Microsoft Word. Oh sorry, I learned all of this when I was 12, back in the 7th grade.

Me and my best friend since forever sat together in the corner of the classroom. We basically had to type alllll day right out of a book. Basically the book told you step by step what to do and what to fill in where. There was absolutely no critical thinking required. Just read, and type, read and type, the entire time. And that's all you did in the class. That's all we did every time we went into class, 3 times a week.

They'd give us a week or a week and a half to basically make our way through certain parts of the book for like, word processor, excel, etc. If we got done a day or so early we could just not show up until the next lesson started. We had to save everything we typed out on a floppy disk.

So me and my friend realized this was dumb and pointless. So we started splitting up the work and swapping floppy disks and just renaming eachother's work. Everyone's work was supposed to look identical anyway, since there's no possible way you could screw it up unless you were illiterate.

Eventually the old woman caught us and threw us out in the hall and chewed us out like we were in high school again. I think I remember her saying, "I thought you two were just good with computers, but I should have known you two were up to something like this."

I came back and apologized the next day and asked to be allowed back in the class. She gave me zeros on everything we had done so far, even though I technically at least did half of it myself. It's not like I wasn't learning anything.

My friend tried to apologize too but he's also a bit more prideful and I think he got in an argument with her and he just said he wasn't coming back.

Funny thing is, after coming back to the class and having totally awkward moments with everyone around me, I still finished 3-4 days ahead of everyone on every chapter. Even when I was doing it all by myself. Then I'd help explain things to other people, including the teacher.

Only managed to get a B in there despite making 100+ on all the tests and doing all of the assignments perfectly.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Air wrote: »
    she must have been teaching some real crap for a student to so blatantly not give a shit about it

what was she teaching

History, I think.

8th graders at a public school in a crappy area. Of course they don't give a shit.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's not like any of them are going to go on to make anything of themselves. She should have given them partial credit for at least printing out information on the right subject

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also, it's history.

Jimothy on