Options

[GROAN ON] Team Fortress 2 : We Don't Have Zombies, (but we have each other)

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    ZOIGBEEEERG
    check that G son

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    ARRRGGGGGGGGGG?

NOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest DreamChest

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You guys seem so quick to agree with the fact that the pyro should rape the sniper at close range. And that's absolutely the right attitude. So why does the proposition that there's something wrong when the opposite isn't true cause so much friction? Is it that snipers just rile people up more than pyros or something?

So your point is that Snipers do not have an advantage over Pyros at long range? How is that? Pyros aren't magically fast like a scout. If you can snipe an engineer or even a medic you can snipe a Pyro. They don't have some special ability that protects them from headshots. I guess if you're a lousy shot it would be bad, but how in the world does a good Sniper NOT have an advantage over a pyro at long range? Flare gun/Shotgun vs Sniper Rifle... Hmmm...

I'm not trying to be antagonist here, by the way. I'm genuinely curious where you're seeing this perceived imbalance and how it can be fixed. Because outside of shitty snipers (and no class should be balanced around the bad players) I don't see any reason why a zoomed in sniper at long range won't anally violate a pyro.

Oh great and I got totp, too.

I think it's that a Pyro can't be killed with a snapshot anymore, but requires either a charge or a followup, if I read correctly. The machine gun doesn't bring smiles to the equation.

Me, I just shoot them until they die.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wtf I just edited that in for myself.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is your sig from Rat Race?

e: Also the AV, I guess since it's the same suit.

theantipop on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Whaaat. How many times do I have to consistently spell it out that I have no problem with a pyro killing me at short range. Are you just ignoring me when I say that? I've said it at least four times. Asiina understood perfectly what I was saying as did Tyrannus. You're hearing what you want to hear because I have said this So Many Times by now.

Also, no. I'm pitting the best long range class against the best short range class and worrying about how the long range class doesn't have a significant advantage about 30% of the time when in his element.

You guys seem so quick to agree with the fact that the pyro should rape the sniper at close range. And that's absolutely the right attitude. So why does the proposition that there's something wrong when the opposite isn't true cause so much friction? Is it that snipers just rile people up more than pyros or something?

I'm understanding what you're saying and agree completely.

I can only do well with sniper when I have a ton of space to shoot enemies from, like on OrangeX. It's like the only map I do well with sniper on.

Even then, pyro with backburner = tank. They aren't easy to take down since I can't headshot them every time.

MrDelish on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sith?

Your av?

Glorious, my friend.

Glorious.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    theantipop wrote: »

YES

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

yessiree

Sith?

Your av?

Glorious my friend.

Glorious.
    hooray for zoidberg!

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    iowa wrote: »
    i'm still trying to understand anyone who would give up the ability to explode a demo with his own stickies in favor of an extra 50 hp.

Because I can still do that and then survive with 2 hp left :D
    goggles wrote: »
    abloo bloo crotch
    web_jakorian.jpg

That's not a bloo crotch that's a red crotch

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rat Race.. that's that Cannonball Run-esque film right?

Is it any good?

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's good in a very absurd sort of way. And it ends with Smash Mouth, for some reason.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is it that snipers just rile people up more than pyros or something?

Well, snipers DO smell like poop.

Asiina on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sith?

Your av?

Glorious, my friend.

Glorious.

dont encourage him..

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

So your point is that Snipers do not have an advantage over Pyros at long range? How is that? Pyros aren't magically fast like a scout. If you can snipe an engineer or even a medic you can snipe a Pyro. They don't have some special ability that protects them from headshots. I guess if you're a lousy shot it would be bad, but how in the world does a good Sniper NOT have an advantage over a pyro at long range? Flare gun/Shotgun vs Sniper Rifle... Hmmm...

I'm not trying to be antagonist here, by the way. I'm genuinely curious where you're seeing this perceived imbalance and how it can be fixed. Because outside of shitty snipers (and no class should be balanced around the bad players) I don't see any reason why a zoomed in sniper at long range won't anally violate a pyro.

Er, no. My point isn't that :|

You did kinda ignore the bit where I said 70% of the time the sniper should win. I'm not saying snipers have no advantage. I'm saying that they don't have enough. That's both compared to how snipers fare against other classes, and how pyros fare against snipers once the fight in on the flamethrower's terms.

To answer your question, a pyro with 220 health now requires the same methodology to kill as a heavy. Fixed damage output, right? So assuming snap headshots that's two headshots to kill, or one 3/4 charge to kill.

However, unlike the heavy, the pyro is fast. So you need to be accurate and good twice, or accurate once - but any decent sniper on PA knows that standing still for too long is a really bad idea. Either way (due to charge time and reload time) you have about 4, maybe 5 seconds to kill the pyro before certain death. And don't laugh off that flare gun and shotgun. Shotgun can knock your aim at critical times, and flare gun means you won't be able to aim at all.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have two very important questions.

1) Does it feature Rowan heavily?

2) Is he weasley (Early blackadder) or suave / cunning (Later blackadder)?

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    he plays a narcoleptic mr bean.

Angry on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    He's stupid (Mr. Bean). It's an awful movie.

Just realised though:
    I'm saying that they don't have enough. That's both compared to how snipers fare against other classes, and how pyros fare against snipers once the fight in on the flamethrower's terms.
    Time until someone claims that I think snipers should win every ranged battle in ten... nine...

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Asiina wrote: »

Well, it's not like they can just leave their perch to go find an outhouse, now can they?

Zoidberg, it's not really like Cannonball Run as much as it's like It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. There are six teams of people racing for a cash prize, so Atkinson gets a proportionate share of the screen time. His character is pretty goofy, but so's the movie, on the whole. He's not much like Bean in this one though, in that Atkinson isn't miming the humor.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's good in a very absurd sort of way. And it ends with Smash Mouth, for some reason.

I believe that in 5-8 years after the whole rickroll thing becomes a relic of internet lore that Smash Mouth will be the new thing. You'll click a link for Hanah Montana free nudes pics and then you'll hear "someBODY" and you'll be all SHIT he got me again.

theantipop on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks guys. If I can catch it sometime I will.
    I believe that in 5-8 years after the whole rickroll thing becomes a relic of internet lore that Smash Mouth will be the new thing. You'll click a link for Hanah Montana free nudes pics and then you'll hear "someBODY" and you'll be all SHIT he got me again.

Oh god, don't give them ideas.

The internets is watching.

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't think a Sniper in a 1v1 faceoff against another class charging head on is a meaningful scenario. This is a team game and more often than not Snipers are sitting in the back picking off enemies as they fight teammates. It's supposed to be hard to kill people when you're on the front lines yourself, regardless of class.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Clearly pyros need conc grenades, I mean COME ON.

theantipop on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Know what's awesome? Me and Mandalore rollin pub nerds at 4 AM in the morning.

Know what's also awesome? Talking about our penises in said Pubs.

Know what isnt awesome? Finding out that you've been playing in a furry server for 2 and a half hours.

AND YOU KEEP PLAYING.

What on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Freight is on HonC

I say we go there!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I talk about my penis in pubs.

But the landlord always kicks me out.

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rawr The Blue Dot Rules All.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Er, no. My point isn't that :|

You did kinda ignore the bit where I said 70% of the time the sniper should win. I'm not saying snipers have no advantage. I'm saying that they don't have enough. That's both compared to how snipers fare against other classes, and how pyros fare against snipers once the fight in on the flamethrower's terms.

To answer your question, a pyro with 220 health now requires the same methodology to kill as a heavy. Fixed damage output, right? So assuming snap headshots that's two headshots to kill, or one 3/4 charge to kill.

However, unlike the heavy, the pyro is fast. So you need to be accurate and good twice, or accurate once - but any decent sniper on PA knows that standing still for too long is a really bad idea. Either way (due to charge time and reload time) you have about 4, maybe 5 seconds to kill the pyro before certain death. And don't laugh off that flare gun and shotgun. Shotgun can knock your aim at critical times, and flare gun means you won't be able to aim at all.

People are still jumping on the 'sniper vs pyro at short range' because you're not explaining your point well enough, or if what I'm reading now is correct, it's so situational and completely negates any outward forces that it's just a stupid point to begin with

And heavys go down with one headshot, how is it any different with pyros?

Like, your entire basis seems to rely on it being hard to headshot pyros. Sure it's harder than a heavy, not impossible...hell even saying it's hard is a stretch. They're not scouts that's for sure.

edit:
    snipers at range have a 95/5 advantage over heavy here is my essay...

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there anyone who actually thinks the extra HP from the backburner is needed? If the backburner lost normal crits and had a wider range of critting from behind, yet lost the extra HP, would anyone complain?

Edit: and yeah, that was a strange experience. Although we did learn why you're a bad Heavy, Duld. Stop breathing through your mouth, duh.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rat Race is fucking terrible. One of the very few movies I couldn't stand to watch the entirety of.

And I hate pyros and snipers infinitely, so I think I'll stay out of this one!

Monsty on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I AM ANGRY BECAUSE THE CLASS OF MY CHOOSING DOES NOT DOMINATE ALL OTHER CLASSES ALL THE TIME!

ANGRY!

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there anyone who actually thinks the extra HP from the backburner is needed? If the backburner lost normal crits and had a wider range of critting from behind, yet lost the extra HP, would anyone complain?

Edit: and yeah, that was a strange experience. Although we did learn why you're a bad Heavy, Duld. Stop breathing through your mouth, duh.

i appreciate the extra hp, its helps when attackign from the front. hence its an upgrade.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I would love to skip forward to when all the updates are out to see how the balance holds up...

Also, the forums.

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i appreciate the extra hp, its helps when attackign from the front. hence its an upgrade.

Well of course extra HP helps, but that wasn't the question. Do you think its NEEDED, or would a 175 HP backburner be more balanced? And besides, its supposed to be a fucking ALTERNATIVE weapon, not an "upgrade".

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Asiina wrote: »

Well, it's not like they can just leave their perch to go find an outhouse, now can they?

Zoidberg, it's not really like Cannonball Run as much as it's like It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. There are six teams of people racing for a cash prize, so Atkinson gets a proportionate share of the screen time. His character is pretty goofy, but so's the movie, on the whole. He's not much like Bean in this one though, in that Atkinson isn't miming the humor.

Rat Race was a good movie, even if only to see Atkinson not be Bean again (Blackadder was much better in my opinion).

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    More people need to play on HoNC, the only server with BLACK MAGICKS.
    off course youd find it easy then
    Sure, it seems like a poorly spelt sentence, but it's actually an ANCIENT MAGICK SPELL. Just try it, I dare you.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Boy, there sure is ALOT of Furry avatars. I wonder why that is? Wait.... teamFURtress.com? OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE?

What on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man at least Pyros actually put themselves in harms way when they fight

So as far as I'm concerned they are far cooler then Snipers

Gumpy on
This discussion has been closed.