Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] Magnetic

15051525355

Posts

  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    She doesn't drink.

    It's either get with the drunk people or stay in.

    japan on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    I know. There was one time I was invited to a party, but I didn't wanna go for this reason. I couldn't drink since I was on a diet at the time, and they said you don't have to drink to have fun. Well guess what happened...

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Guys, I want to go home. Any of you feel like sitting at my desk and pretending to work for a few hours?
    Give me VNC access to your computer. What do you do again?
    You're going about this the wrong way. I need a body at the desk. The computer doesn't even really need to be on, though having visual studio up and running would help the illusion.
    Buy a mannequin. Actually I'd recommend a sex doll, since that way you can use it for other things.
    At that point I think I would be worried if the illusion were successful.

    Bama on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    We have a 25 minute hold time right now for customers calling in and one of the supervisors pulled her team off for a meeting. Is asking a supervisor if she's a dumb ass an acceptable way to get fired?

    What do you mean by acceptable? The question really should be asked of the supervisor. Give me her e-mail, I'll ask the question.
    This strikes me as a fantastic website - anonymous questions are us. A group of people who agree to exchange their problems with supervisors anonymously and supply an email address. I guess you could automate this sort of thing, but I think the appeal would be in writing the email by the other person and feeling like you're sticking it to the man.

    You sir, are a fucking genius. We could be rich and rule the world with an idea like this!

    Wouldn't this violate some sort of privacy law? It seems like people giving out your contact information to random websites should be legally discouraged...

    Never mind this legality shit. We will rule the world. What's your e-mail Irene? You can be our first customer.

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wouldn't this violate some sort of privacy law? It seems like people giving out your contact information to random websites should be legally discouraged...

    Make it a named service that's a glorified webmail server. You type in the e-mail address of the person and a message. The site handles the sending and whatever so it's truly anonymous and doesn't keep any records or saves any addresses (Yours or the recipients).

    Of course, this is just asking for abuse, but it could be done without violating privacy.

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    Same here.
    I can't stand being sober around sober people, either.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Guys, I want to go home. Any of you feel like sitting at my desk and pretending to work for a few hours?
    Give me VNC access to your computer. What do you do again?
    You're going about this the wrong way. I need a body at the desk. The computer doesn't even really need to be on, though having visual studio up and running would help the illusion.
    Buy a mannequin. Actually I'd recommend a sex doll, since that way you can use it for other things.
    At that point I think I would be worried if the illusion were successful.

    This seems vaguely like an amazing movie. Hmmmmmm...

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    I know. There was one time I was invited to a party, but I didn't wanna go for this reason. I couldn't drink since I was on a diet at the time, and they said you don't have to drink to have fun. Well guess what happened...
    You got fat?

    Last time I was sober at a party full of drunks my roommate's inebriated younger sister wouldn't stop flirting with me even though her brother was sitting right next to me.

    It was a little uncomfortable.

    Bama on
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Wouldn't this violate some sort of privacy law? It seems like people giving out your contact information to random websites should be legally discouraged...

    Make it a named service that's a glorified webmail server. You type in the e-mail address of the person and a message. The site handles the sending and whatever so it's truly anonymous and doesn't keep any records or saves any addresses (Yours or the recipients).

    Of course, this is just asking for abuse, but it could be done without violating privacy.

    E-mail anonymizers like this have come and go over the years and eventually get shut down because of spam/paranoid feds.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    I know. There was one time I was invited to a party, but I didn't wanna go for this reason. I couldn't drink since I was on a diet at the time, and they said you don't have to drink to have fun. Well guess what happened...
    You got fat?

    Last time I was sober at a party full of drunks my roommate's inebriated younger sister wouldn't stop flirting with me even though her brother was sitting right next to me.

    It was a little uncomfortable.
    I have to be honest, I would probably go for it.

    electricitylikesme on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I can't stand being sober around sober people, either.

    :(

    This is going to complicate our crime fighting teamup.

    Incenjucar on
    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Wouldn't this violate some sort of privacy law? It seems like people giving out your contact information to random websites should be legally discouraged...

    Make it a named service that's a glorified webmail server. You type in the e-mail address of the person and a message. The site handles the sending and whatever so it's truly anonymous and doesn't keep any records or saves any addresses (Yours or the recipients).

    Of course, this is just asking for abuse, but it could be done without violating privacy.

    Yeah, it's like those websites where you can have Samuel Jackson call your friend's phone to remind them to go see Snakes On A Plane. I swear I got 10 phone calls from my friends doing that shit. If that's legal, why can't my new website be?

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...

    BobCesca on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    Same here.
    I can't stand being sober around sober people, either.

    So... are you drunk all the time or pissed off all the time? Or both?

    IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited September 2008
    mdworker sure is grinding away. Not sure what it’s after.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...
    You're just a really sympathetic person?

    Bama on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well I'm off for my last visit to Pike and Downtown Seattle for the forseeable future, later kiddies.

    Incenjucar on
    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Alcohol and partying.

    I had a dream last night that I was supposed to go clubbing with my aunt. Who is middle-aged. And overweight. And has Chrohn's and had part of her intestine removed at one point. And so now always has one of those ... bags taped to her.

    If I really went clubbing with her I'd be too afraid of bumping into it. D:

    Also the fact she's middle-aged, married, and related to me.

    Oboro on
    words
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...

    I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat because no matter how much I drink, no matter how drunk I get, the only hangover I've ever had was from marijuana.

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...

    I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat because no matter how much I drink, no matter how drunk I get, the only hangover I've ever had was from marijuana.
    You're young and you'll get over it.

    Oh boy will you ever get over it.

    Bama on
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    Same here.
    I can't stand being sober around sober people, either.

    So... are you drunk all the time or pissed off all the time? Or both?

    A little from category A, a little from category B.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...

    I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat because no matter how much I drink, no matter how drunk I get, the only hangover I've ever had was from marijuana.
    You're young and you'll get over it.

    Oh boy will you ever get over it.

    How young is 'young'?

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had a dream that a poor choice in new fish was made in the aquarium and it ate my balas who are awesome and then I was stuck figuring out if I could murder this fish by connecting my jacob's ladder to the water.

    electricitylikesme on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    of course the hilarity is that I don't drink and yet I get worse hangovers than japan...

    I'm going to take this opportunity to gloat because no matter how much I drink, no matter how drunk I get, the only hangover I've ever had was from marijuana.
    You're young and you'll get over it.

    Oh boy will you ever get over it.

    How young is 'young'?
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Bama on
  • stiliststilist Registered User
    edited September 2008
    picture1mg8.png

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    But I don't drink alone, therefore I'm not an alcoholic.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    I had a dream that a poor choice in new fish was made in the aquarium and it ate my balas who are awesome and then I was stuck figuring out if I could murder this fish by connecting my jacob's ladder to the water.
    did you do it

    Oboro on
    words
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    Bama on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    yeah! watching people get drunk! This will be my evening.

    Off to get ready for the psuedo-drunkenness.
    I can't stand being sober around drunk people.

    I've spent the last 15 years being The Sober Guy. I've gotten pretty used to it.

    It does help to have at least one other at-least-partly-sober person, though. Someone to both point and laugh at the really really drunk, and someone to help you pull that really really drunk person out of the coffee table after they fall through it.

    Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    God you're old.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damn kids, get off Bama's lawn.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    And....you're telling me about being old why?

    I'm 2 days shy of 29 and I still don't get hangovers from alcohol.

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    God you're old.
    Aren't you like 30 or something?

    Bama on
  • FeralFeral That's what I do. I drink, and I know things. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    God you're old.
    Aren't you like 30 or something?

    This isn't about me, this is about you.
    Don't change the subject, geezer.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

    Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

    And....you're telling me about being old why?

    I'm 2 days shy of 29 and I still don't get hangovers from alcohol.
    When did I say I was old?

    Bama on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    This isn't about me, this is about you.
    Don't change the subject, geezer.
    I'm surprised you can even remember what the subject is, gramps.

    Bama on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Alcohol and partying.

    I had a dream last night that I was supposed to go clubbing with my aunt. Who is middle-aged. And overweight. And has Chrohn's and had part of her intestine removed at one point. And so now always has one of those ... bags taped to her.

    If I really went clubbing with her I'd be too afraid of bumping into it. D:

    Also the fact she's middle-aged, married, and related to me.

    Your aunt sounds like somone I wanna go clubbing with!

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I had a dream that a poor choice in new fish was made in the aquarium and it ate my balas who are awesome and then I was stuck figuring out if I could murder this fish by connecting my jacob's ladder to the water.
    did you do it
    No, like all my dreams it ended before I did anything assertive. This only applies to the good things. Bad stuff seems to follow through to completion frequently.

    electricitylikesme on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    We have a 25 minute hold time right now for customers calling in and one of the supervisors pulled her team off for a meeting. Is asking a supervisor if she's a dumb ass an acceptable way to get fired?

    What do you mean by acceptable? The question really should be asked of the supervisor. Give me her e-mail, I'll ask the question.
    This strikes me as a fantastic website - anonymous questions are us. A group of people who agree to exchange their problems with supervisors anonymously and supply an email address. I guess you could automate this sort of thing, but I think the appeal would be in writing the email by the other person and feeling like you're sticking it to the man.

    You sir, are a fucking genius. We could be rich and rule the world with an idea like this!

    Wouldn't this violate some sort of privacy law? It seems like people giving out your contact information to random websites should be legally discouraged...

    Never mind this legality shit. We will rule the world. What's your e-mail Irene? You can be our first customer.

    Well if it was work email given from an employee I doubt it'd be unlawful.


    @Irene There's no such thing as too snazzy a case.

    DeShadowC on
This discussion has been closed.