edited October 2008
    Spongebob is having a very bad day :(
    He's got the suds.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would be all over an iPhone if I didn't have to sign up for AT&T.

That's really my problem with Apple - this sort of closed system "trust us, we know best" attitude. (I know there's more going on with the iPhone example)

That and their advertising.

Bama on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »

What you work for their cable company?

I work for Comcast, so there's a good chance the answer is yes.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Spongebob is having a very bad day :(
    He's got the suds.

Did he get all moist and wet and no one wanted to help dry him off?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    Macs are for fags

This too but I try not to let my blatant hatred cloud my view. Macs are just impractical because they essentially hide all functionality to prevent novice users from making mistakes. Which I suppose is fine because it can be worked around. Hell the first thing I do on a windows OS is disable as much as possible.

Seriously. No thanks, Vista, I don't need you to remind me of my next prostate exam with data you mined from my Office documents.

It will also let you know when you have been putting on a few too many pounds by calling you a fatass and telling you to workout.

jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

This too but I try not to let my blatant hatred cloud my view. Macs are just impractical because they essentially hide all functionality to prevent novice users from making mistakes. Which I suppose is fine because it can be worked around. Hell the first thing I do on a windows OS is disable as much as possible.

Seriously. No thanks, Vista, I don't need you to remind me of my next prostate exam with data you mined from my Office documents.

Ewww it does that?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    also, do not confuse the ruben and the cuban and think they are the same thing. A Ruben is Kraut, Corned Beef, and russian dressing (some people do Ranch or mayo, that shit is wrong) topped off with some swiss cheese and sandwiched between two grilled slices of rye bread or texas toast. A cubano is Lean ham, pepper jack, Jalepeno's, Bannana peppers, Green onions, spicy brown mustard, a little itallian dressing, served grilled on Italian Sourdough hoagie. Served with a side of spanish BBQ sauce.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What the fuck? Why is my Vista slacking it won't tell me a damn thing.

(edit: that cuban sounds like the most delicious thing ever imagined.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    I would be all over an iPhone if I didn't have to sign up for AT&T.

That's really my problem with Apple - this sort of closed system "trust us, we know best" attitude. (I know there's more going on with the iPhone example)

That and their advertising.

Android android android

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Those I'm a PC commercials really annoy me.

I thought the one about Microsoft spending big bucks on advertising was funny though. Not the commercial, the part that Apple was making fun of Microsoft for spending big bucks on advertisements.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    I am pretty much the antonym of a power user. I mean, I guess I convert video. I also record music sometimes. But 98% of my usage of my computer is as a media player and to browse the intertubes.

Organichu on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

I'm still trying to figure out a way to maintain Windows XP when I buy a new computer.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Do you use Office with its Calendar?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

That sucks, I use to work for Time Warner, and I know how it is dealing with dumbass after dumbass for 8-10 hours a day.

They never stop calling, and once you think you have talked to the king of dumbasses well here comes another one being able to out dumbass the last one.

jes is a on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like Vista

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Macs are for fags

I'm still trying to figure out a way to maintain Windows XP when I buy a new computer.

Build your own.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's not a cuban

a cuban is ham, roast pork, swiss cheese and and a big pickle

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ricky_ricardo.jpg

delicious

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Those I'm a PC commercials really annoy me.

I thought the one about Microsoft spending big bucks on advertising was funny though. Not the commercial, the part that Apple was making fun of Microsoft for spending big bucks on advertisements.

I really loved the completely random ass commercials Microsoft put out recently.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    And I find Arby's to be a delight every time i go there (which is rare now, because i'm on this fucking diet to drop some poundage)

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

That sucks, I use to work for Time Warner, and I know how it is dealing with dumbass after dumbass for 8-10 hours a day.

They never stop calling, and once you think you have talked to the king of dumbasses well here comes another one being able to out dumbass the last one.

You get used to it. When you stop caring it does wonders.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

what? I didn't find that at all when i got my mac. In fact, it's much easier to change things because you have a terminal handy.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    japan wrote: »
    I'm stuck on I know PCs. I know how to build, use, and fix them. I know multiple OSs on them, and what causes weird things to happen. Throw me on a mac and its like o_O

I get that feeling even thinking about using a mac.
    I have been using a pc since like 93, and I won't ever never go to mac.

I posted in chat a couple of days ago about how it took me a good ten minutes to figure out how to switch on Cesca's iMac.

How did you end up turning it on?

Was it all hard and difficult?

Apparently the switch was on the back.

It's on the back, and designed such that is also invisible. You have to locate it by fondling the back of the casing until you come across a slight indentation. That's the power switch.

japan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Nah I use rainlender.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's not a cuban

"While there is some debate as to the contents of a “true” Cuban sandwich, most are generally agreed upon. The traditional Cuban sandwich starts with Cuban bread. The loaf is sliced into lengths of 8-12 inches (20-30 cm), lightly buttered on the crust, and cut in half horizontally. A coat of yellow mustard is spread on the bread. Then roast pork, glazed ham, Swiss cheese, and thinly-sliced dill pickles are added in layers. Sometimes the pork is marinated in mojo and slow roasted.

The main regional disagreement about the sandwich’s recipe is whether or not to include salami. In Tampa, Genoa salami[2] is traditionally layered in with the other meats, probably due to influence of Italian immigrants who lived side-by-side with Cubans and Spaniards in Ybor City.[5][8] In Miami, salami is left out.
    In Key West, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato are usually added. These additions are often available in restaurants in Tampa and Miami, but are frowned upon by traditionalists there.[8][9]

When assembled, the sandwich is lightly toasted in a sandwich press called a plancha, which is only somewhat similar to a panini press but without grooved surfaces. A traditional Cuban sandwich is never made with a panini grill. The plancha both heats and compresses the sandwich, which remains in the press until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted. It is usually cut into diagonal halves before serving."

Go go wikipedia go.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

Insert Windows XP CD.
    Boot from Windows XP CD.
    Reformat hard drive.
    Install Windows XP.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vista is probably nice but I don't plan to use it unless I somehow get trapped. I like XP.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

Build your own.

I have a terrible, irrational fear that any piece of delicate expensive equipment I attempt to plug in/attach will somehow break or otherwise be rendered useless.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Nah I use rainlender.

I think he mentioned it as a built in feature of Office and Vista mix.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    What's the sandwich with roast beef that gets dunked in a tub of gravy. Saw that shit on the Food Network, son.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's not a cuban

I will see your boring sandwich, and raise you the deliciousness i just described.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You get used to it. When you stop caring it does wonders.

Yea, but not caring can only do so much.

I still work in a call center, but now I work for A T and T and damn, people who call in are dumbasses.

I also work down here in Texas so that may have something to do with it, seeing as I get calls from all of the south, and fuck those people from Mobile Alabama are the dumbest lot I have ever talked to, I swear.

I hate my job to the fullest.

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Macs are for fags

Insert Windows XP CD.
    Boot from Windows XP CD.
    Reformat hard drive.
    Install Windows XP.

I was under the impression if I loaded my XP disc onto my new computer, that their authentication thingy will prevent me from doing so since I'd been using it on my current computer.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Macs are for fags

Build your own.

I have a terrible, irrational fear that any piece of delicate expensive equipment I attempt to plug in/attach will somehow break or otherwise be rendered useless.

Its not that bad.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's not boring it's awesome

and I can get one for 3 bucks at my local cuban diner

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    What's the sandwich with roast beef that gets dunked in a tub of gravy. Saw that shit on the Food Network, son.

Are you thinking of a French dip sandwich? You generally dip that in au jus though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you can install XP on as many computers as you want with one disc.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Macs are for fags

Insert Windows XP CD.
    Boot from Windows XP CD.
    Reformat hard drive.
    Install Windows XP.

I was under the impression if I loaded my XP disc onto my new computer, that their authentication thingy will prevent me from doing so since I'd been using it on my current computer.

How, you own that shit, they can't tell you not to use your own shit.

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Yea, but not caring can only do so much.

I still work in a call center, but now I work for A T and T and damn, people who call in are dumbasses.

I also work down here in Texas so that may have something to do with it, seeing as I get calls from all of the south, and fuck those people from Mobile Alabama are the dumbest lot I have ever talked to, I swear.

I hate my job to the fullest.

I get calls from Charleston, SC. down to Miami Fl. Its better then the back breaking work I did at Walmart though.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Nah I use rainlender.

h5 Rainlender is awesome. As is ObjectDesktop.

Aegis on
    Characters
This discussion has been closed.