As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resistance Fall of Man 2: More people should be talking about it (BETA)

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I didn't even know this was coming out. Then I saw a trailer with some sort of massive, ridiculously insane-looking creature the size of a building attacking a city, and I immediately reserved it.

Now I'm excited.

cr0w on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anybody getting Chimera toy edition?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just haven't had the time to sit down with the Beta, so I figured I'll just wait for the full thing. Can't wait to get my copy this week :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anybody getting Chimera toy edition?
    Absolutely. I had an Amazon gift certificate so it came out to $55 with free shipping, hurray. Although I'll be getting it a week or so after launch. Trying to finish up a few other games first though, so this'll force me to bide my time.
    This comes out in 2 days right? Anyone else taking out a loan for all these games coming out within the last month or so?
    I've been saving a bit in preparation but with the government printing billions, now's the time to spend spend spend before it becomes just so much worthless green cotton. Enjoy your life before it becomes a spiral into bankruptcy!

JAEF on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So first impressions?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm gonna go pick it up Wed, if anyone wants to get down on some online co-op wit me, I think half of you are already on my PS3 buddy list... this work week cannot end soon enough!!!

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    So first impressions?
    This game will make you open your mouth and scream.
    gameinformer_feb08_cover.jpg

Apparently Amazon shipped my game Monday, so I should be getting it around Friday hopefully. Super Saver is usually faster than indicated. Oh, for anyone who didn't play the multiplayer beta, moving around with the air vents is a lot less floaty with tighter jumps so less "floaty air shooting" that really pissed me off in some of the levels in R1. There was also a level with cars that can be asploded and when lit on fire they damage you if you stand close to them. Not really anything new in an FPS, but nice to see something going on other than floors and walls, youknowhatimsayin.

Gameplay really feels a lot tighter this time around, and the addition of being able to customize your weapon and berserker loadout in multiplayer makes it feel a lot like an arcadey CoD4, which is a good thing. Tons of very good changes to the game, lots of polish. I never ran into something that made me scream bullshit, except for maybe some Fareye abuse, which is easily counterable as the guy can't do shit if you rush at him with a shotgun. A ton more multiplayer modes as well to mix it up. CTF type maps, "Objective" maps that switch between [Defend/Attack this point]/[Reach this point first]/[Kill this dude/Stay alive for X amount of time] and give your team points for completing objectives so it's not just one thing over and over. Very classy.

JAEF on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm gonna go pick it up Wed, if anyone wants to get down on some online co-op wit me, I think half of you are already on my PS3 buddy list... this work week cannot end soon enough!!!

I would totaly be down for some co op wendsday. Sent you an invite.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just got my copy this morning. (Amazon shipped it yesterday. Yay prime) Unfortunately I have a test Monday morning that I really need to study for so I'm not sure how much play time I'll get.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got my copy, aaaaaaaand now I'm off to work. Fuck.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Got my copy from Gamestop this morning. So far, I'm pretty impressed. The biggest thing I've noticed is the color palette of the game seems to have gone from gray and brown to an actual spectrum of colors you'd see if you walked outside. Trees are green, grass is green or yellow, etc. It all looks very natural. I guess I'm only the 2nd level now, and already there has been quite a few "OH SHIT" moments, mainly the scale of things.

cr0w on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have my copy but I'm still finishing up the first games campaign. :\

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wow, this game is pretty awesome so far. Played through to chapter 2 then tried a round of competitive. Very much worth the $60 (Campaign, coop, competitve all great)

And yeah exiting the base in chapter 1 is definately an "OH SHIT" moment.

greeble on

I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Okay, so I bought resistance 2 but I had to do homework. Now i finished and I go to play but theres an update and its taking a while.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I got to make it through tonight’s work shift, then when I'm off, I'm gonna stop by Wal-Mart on the way home. So if anyone is up for some co-op play, I'm gonna be on this around 8am central standard time. Let’s see if we can get an 8 player co-op game going :) ... I'll probably play this until I literally fall over and pass out :P

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I just made it to Chicago, been playing pretty much non-stop all day.

Small location spoiler, nothing too specific.
    Twin Falls, Idaho

Creeped me out/scared me more than anything Dead Space threw at me. Fucking awesome.

cr0w on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yesterday, went to vote and then picked this game up.

It is currently sitting next to me, still in it's wrap.

Can you convince me to crack that wrap? (Trust me, it won't take much.)

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So...

2 Wal-Marts were sold out, 1 Target was sold out... BestBuy and GameStops don’t open till 10 (I got off of work at 7)

So I hit a 2nd Target, and they have around 20 copies in the glass case, and the Sales dude is like "yea, we have more in the back"... WTF.

So just got home, popping this in, if you're on, hit me up and let’s get down on some online Co-Op

edit: haha, you all want to make a clan? :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The toy is now sitting on my desk, it's awesome except the Chimera skin is way to light, it looks albino.

Anyway I'm on level 2 now and I'm loving the game, though I don't like how you can only hold 2 weapons now. I loved being able to pull out the right weapon for the right situation in the first game, now you'll come across 20 different kinds of weapon in a room before a big fight and will hem and haw for a while not knowing what to pick up because you don't know what's around the corner. And why the hell are pistols counted in the you can only carry two weapons thing? Really? You don't have a holster, so a revolver takes up as much space on your back as a rocket launcher? I'd make it so that you can have two - two handed weapons and one - one handed weapon IE handgun.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The toy is now sitting on my desk, it's awesome except the Chimera skin is way to light, it looks albino.

Pix plix!!!

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, I hear this game has guns or something :P
    (Just found out that I had apparently reserved this a while back... thanks for the call Gamestop :lol:)

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ginguskahn wrote: »

Pix plix!!!

I'd have to ask permission to take a pic of my work area.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Pix plix!!!

o_O Seriously?

Step 1: Put piece of paper behind chimera
    Step 2: Photograph chimera with background, not capturing anything else in frame
    Step 3: Get fired?

I will be spending all day thinking of an appropriately punny clan name.

JAEF on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JAEF wrote: »

Pix plix!!!

o_O Seriously?

Step 2: Photograph chimera with background, not capturing anything else in frame

Kansas City Chimera Kickers?

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Pix plix!!!

o_O Seriously?

Step 4: PROFIT!!

Fixed for you.

How about Fall of Wang... to lame? :P

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is no one posting because this is so awesome? I think I'm about to get this so I need to know.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Is no one posting because this is so awesome? I think I'm about to get this so I need to know.

It's awesome, get it, I posted my one real gripe so far on the last page.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i'm wondering about this class stuff. i'm always a fan of xp and unlocking levels and skills

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm really enjoying the game. At first I was getting abit dizzy but within an hour I'd adjusted and really found myself getting into the campaign (which is heart pounding action at it's best)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    xboxxerxboxxer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ditto. Just picked this game up yesterday, and popped it in today (watching election last night).

I just completed R1 in anticipation of this, so am fresh from that experience. The game "feels" very very different. The graphics are different -- less gritty, or something. The FOV stuff is neat. The weapons have a very different behavior, it seems -- they just don't feel the same. I think it may be because many of the enemies go down so much easier now -- which is made up for by an increased number of them.

I'm a bit disappointed that there's not more talk about this game. Much of what got me so hyped on this game was the multiplayer options, so that's really really going to be dependent on a large and active community. So c'mon guys! :)

xboxxer on
    PSN: Entair / XBLive: White Seraph
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It kills me that the last two posters have xbox related names/titles/sigs.

My copy is either at my place or in my local facility so today or tomorrow I will be rocking socks with the lot of you. We'll see just how albino that figurine really is.

As for the leveling up it seemed like the co-op and competitive multiplayer levels were separate (and separate for each co-op class also.) The best part about it is you get points not only for kills but for damaging and healing as well, so even just assist killing or supplying ammo etc. as long as you're doing you job you will level and get new adrenaline powers.

Edit: PSN name is Jaef by the way. You can add your PSN handles to your forum profile as well gents.

JAEF on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It makes me sad this isn't out for weeks over here. I cant wait to play this, especially the coop.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If you own this game, and want to play at any time, throw me a friend invite. ID: TheSneak

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    It makes me sad this isn't out for weeks over here. I cant wait to play this, especially the coop.

Import it? Im rather tempted, but I will have to see how poor I am after buying Gears2

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    xboxxer wrote: »
    Ditto. Just picked this game up yesterday, and popped it in today (watching election last night).

I just completed R1 in anticipation of this, so am fresh from that experience. The game "feels" very very different. The graphics are different -- less gritty, or something. The FOV stuff is neat. The weapons have a very different behavior, it seems -- they just don't feel the same. I think it may be because many of the enemies go down so much easier now -- which is made up for by an increased number of them.

I'm a bit disappointed that there's not more talk about this game. Much of what got me so hyped on this game was the multiplayer options, so that's really really going to be dependent on a large and active community. So c'mon guys! :)

The game does play quite different, with no life bar at all and the fully regenning health and all. (Not sure if I like this better or not.) But what I really do like is the blur and FOV changes when you run and stuff. I also like that the weapons do feel alot more powerful. I think this is to make up for the fact that you can only carry two at a time now.

greeble on

• Options
    xboxxerxboxxer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It kills me that the last two posters have xbox related names/titles/sigs.

My copy is either at my place or in my local facility so today or tomorrow I will be rocking socks with the lot of you. We'll see just how albino that figurine really is.

As for the leveling up it seemed like the co-op and competitive multiplayer levels were separate (and separate for each co-op class also.) The best part about it is you get points not only for kills but for damaging and healing as well, so even just assist killing or supplying ammo etc. as long as you're doing you job you will level and get new adrenaline powers.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I chose my username during the previous generation, when apparently I thought that I would stick to MS for my console goodness.

Since then, I've gotten GC, Wii, 360, and PS3 (with PS2 BC). And considering that my 360 RROD'ed on me, and the replacement has a dodgy optical drive (lots of DDE's during games), I actually prefer to play with my PS3 now.

But I'm stuck with the name ...

On a semi-related note, the DDE's actually make me dread playing the 360. Especially with games with limited save functionality (like Blue Dragon ... grrr). Having a DDE right BEFORE a save point is especially aggravating, and really has dulled me on playing the 360 at all ... at least until NXE comes out, and I can play off the HDD

xboxxer on
    PSN: Entair / XBLive: White Seraph
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Been reading a few reviews out in the net. Seems like it's a solid game for most people.

Suppose I need to update my PS3 firmware first...

Is anyone making a PSN Name list for this game?

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    After playing this for a bit in single player campaign, I can really tell that much of the level design was done with Co-Op in mind. The first elevator you ride, when I first got in, I thought... wow this elevator is a little big, and kinda boring looking. Then I pictured it with 7 other people.. and it seemed to be just the right size. I'm having lots of fun so far, I just really want to test out co-op.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I bought this on a whim today. Not because I thought it would suck, rather, I had far too much to finish as is with Far Cry 2/Siren/GTA/DMC4.

This game is AMAZING.
    AMAZING.
    AMAZING.

The guns have heft. Brutal, even.
    The enemies are so varied and well-rendered (go look at a corpse at close range -- go on, I dare you).
    The bosses (so far) are FANTASTIC.

Especially...
    THE KRAKEN FIGHT. SWEET FUCK ALL MY DICKS, EXECUTE. The entire build-up to that fight too. Phew.

And the pacing is perfect. It's such an interesting experience after dragging myself through FC2. Here, it's all smoking bullets, alien tracers and eerie climax. This is all go, no slow. Seriously, if anyone's on the fence here, fuck the doubt and buy this right away. DO IT.

PLUS >> My PSN is Radcrimes.

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tonights Co-Op bloodbath was awsome. Set up a clan, Resistance PA. Invited everyone that was playing on my Flist.

So if you want in Search it, send in an aplication. I'll try to add everyone asap.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.