Options

[Wow] Zombie [Chat] hungers for braaaaaains...

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is it wrong that I only want free s2 on my priest because it looks awesome?

riz on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    riz wrote: »

It does and I got it on my priest as well
    Too bad I cannot get the warrior set

Brainleech on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My server is packed full of idiots that don't understand how to stand in a circle around something.

th_WoWScrnShot_111208_181214.jpg

Kelor on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    riz wrote: »

This is the best reason to want items. We have had many loot conversations that revolved around "but it doesn't match with what I have now"

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    In addition to the Warlock and Priest stuff, the ringmail helm for Shamans is free and the Brutal Off-Hand Ax for Hunters is also free.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    My server is packed full of idiots that don't understand how to stand in a circle around something.

th_WoWScrnShot_111208_181214.jpg

Mooo
    WoWScrnShot_111108_233906.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_111108_234137.jpg

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Invisible wrote: »
    In addition to the Warlock and Priest stuff, the ringmail helm for Shamans is free and the Brutal Off-Hand Ax for Hunters is also free.

Where is the axe for hunters?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    In other news the S2 weapons now require arena points to buy.

I guess the pvp vendors get all their prices in the mail...

-SPI- on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »

Where is the axe for hunters?

Arena Vendor in Shatt.

Invisible on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Full s2 on my priest. Hell yeah! I already had the helm, but I snagged the rest of it quick. I haven't bothered to gem it though in case they roll back the servers or something and take it away.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And the server's also packed with people complaining loudly and often about people on the NPC.

As if they were actually going to get to KEEP that gear.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, yeah. I took some screenshots for posterity. "And here, kids, is my priest decked out in season 2 arena gear back when Blizz screwed up the vendors right before WOTLK came out."

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Got two neck pieces and a ring for free but nothing I can really use. :(

langfor6 on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got nothing. I'll be enjoying northrend while all you suckers are banned for exploiting.
    Actually there was nothing I wanted for free :P

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    And the server's also packed with people complaining loudly and often about people on the NPC.

As if they were actually going to get to KEEP that gear.

I grabbed it just in case. I mean Wrath is just around the corner.

The best part of all this? A 100+ raid of alliance rocked up at the side entrance to Orgrimmar while every is at the hall trying to get free gear.

There must have been three or four times that in the hall alone. They got flattened so hard.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Easy fix: hall of champions should be restricted to officers only again.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I got nothing. I'll be enjoying northrend while all you suckers are banned for exploiting.

Most things I could get from there are PvE downgrades. On the other hand, I do wonder if this "bug" is some kind of ingenius "Cheaters Wait To Go To Northrend Until Friday" sting operation. Thus staggering waves of people into Northrend so there's an initial wave of people who didn't grab the gear, then they move on to higher-level zones in time for everyone behind them to come in afterwards, thus lowering congestion further.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

Most things I could get from there are PvE downgrades. On the other hand, I do wonder if this "bug" is some kind of ingenius "Cheaters Wait To Go To Northrend Until Friday" sting operation. Thus staggering waves of people into Northrend so there's an initial wave of people who didn't grab the gear, then they move on to higher-level zones in time for everyone behind them to come in afterwards, thus lowering congestion further.

pvpgearwhatbv4.jpg

Joeslop on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When do the boats start heading for Northrend officially? Will it coincide with the midnight launch?

langfor6 on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    langfor6 wrote: »
    When do the boats start heading for Northrend officially? Will it coincide with the midnight launch?

In theory, yes.

In practice... hah, I'd be surprised if they were working as intended.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can you imagine the how deserted the servers would be if everybody who picked up the free loot got banned, the tumbleweeds would be able to log on and roll around the servers for a week.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can you imagine the how deserted the servers would be if everybody who picked up the free loot got banned, the tumbleweeds would be able to log on and roll around the servers for a week.

I would make leveling in Wrath all the easier. Do it, Blizzard!

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zython wrote: »

I would make leveling in Wrath all the easier. Do it, Blizzard!

My brother was all set to buy a throwing weapon for his rogue, so he flew out to Netherstorm only to find out that both the TWs out there were 1k arena points. He wasn't terribly happy and logged out.

If I get a chance tomorrow I will let him know the prices may have been an error and he should check a vendor again.

Seg on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, so I wake up and login and am greeted with a "SERVER SHUTDOWN: 15:00" message. This is somewhat comical. :)

SteevL on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Server went down till 10 eastern to address the arena gear problem.

Doesn't seem to be any bans, just gear will be gone, supposedly arena points will be restored also.

Not that it matters for dick in 2 days.

edit:OH NOES, MY FIRST TOP'O THE PAGE....SUCH PRESSURE!

polloface on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    Heh, so I wake up and login and am greeted with a "SERVER SHUTDOWN: 15:00" message. This is somewhat comical. :)

Yeah, I didn't see anything mentioning that there would be scheduled maintenance. Lets hope that there isn't any more mail issues or we'll be lucky to see the servers back before Monday.

Kelor on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, well it was nice for those who got to look at it while it lasted. Still sad that Blizzard has stated I can't get wrath directly from them. May their bathtubs full of money be set on fire with them in it.

*is not bitter really*

But got my two main alts to 68 though so if I want I have a mage, shaman, warrior and warlock to level come wrath.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    this just seems like a really bad omen altogether

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So the Scourge attacks on Org/SW doesn't seem to have changed at all, I was kind of hoping for the Wrath event to have a bigger impact than the Halloween one. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yeah, I didn't see anything mentioning that there would be scheduled maintenance. Lets hope that there isn't any more mail issues or we'll be lucky to see the servers back before Monday.
    We will be performing an urgent maintenance on all realms beginning at 4:00 AM PST. We anticipate no more than three hours of downtime. This maintenance is designed to correct a very recent issue where players were able to obtain certain PvP items without paying the intended price.

Once the maintenance concludes, players who obtained such items will notice them removed from their inventory. However. any tokens or arena/honor points spent on said gear will be appropriately refunded.

3 hours of downtime for this? Huh.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    and the mail issue is apparently still outstanding, so we might see downtime to deal with that, also.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well I imagine they have to go:
    "SabreMau. Obtained S2 rings, neck, and helm legally.
    Jyodi. Obtained S2 ring and neck legally.
    Cockstain. Obtained S2 rings, neck, and helm November 12, 2008, at about 12:45 EST. Fuck right off."

FWIW, Disc, I sent money to my paladin and it got their fine.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

We will be performing an urgent maintenance on all realms beginning at 4:00 AM PST. We anticipate no more than three hours of downtime. This maintenance is designed to correct a very recent issue where players were able to obtain certain PvP items without paying the intended price.

Once the maintenance concludes, players who obtained such items will notice them removed from their inventory. However. any tokens or arena/honor points spent on said gear will be appropriately refunded.

It takes time to use the Tardis

Brainleech on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The got distracted by Jack Harkness.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well I imagine they have to go:
    "SabreMau. Obtained S2 rings, neck, and helm legally.
    Jyodi. Obtained S2 ring and neck legally.
    Cockstain. Obtained S2 rings, neck, and helm November 12, 2008, at about 12:45 EST. Fuck right off."

FWIW, Disc, I sent money to my paladin and it got their fine.

Eh, I obtained exactly two pieces of PvP gear. S3 boots and S3 neck. Both of them in-bank and unworn for months. They can take it or leave it if they want to; I can't sell or DE the things anyway.
    Brainleech wrote: »

It takes time to use the Tardis

"Time circuits on, flux capacitor...fluxing, engine running. All right!" (servers crash)

SabreMau on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It is, of course, going to suck for anyone who didn't think that it might get reset and disenchanted their old shit.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Eh, not too badly.

1) Wait two days
    2) Do a couple quests in Northrend
    3) Gear slots replaced!

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've had the s2/3 helm/shoulders for months because they look awesome for priests, hopefully they don't just purge arena gear from people who got it legit.

Arrath on
  • Options
    dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    It is, of course, going to suck for anyone who didn't think that it might get reset and disenchanted their old shit.

I'm waiting for those delicious tears to start flowing on the official forums. They nourish me. :P

dawningphoenix on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, you US folks sure seem to have a lot of problems. There hasn't been any mail or PvP item shenanigans here at Euroland that I know of.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.