Options

[Wow] Zombie [Chat] hungers for braaaaaains...

• Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Some seem to be coming up, but I wouldn't trust it.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Am I seeing this right? You can upgrade to WotLK online right now and the files are(when the website is back up) available? I would love to avoid a midnight Wal-Mart visit, if possible.

But you get to see the meth addicts with nothing better to do. Maybe the drunk rambling about something.
    Or any of the colourful people that choose to hang out at Walmart at midnight

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Am I seeing this right? You can upgrade to WotLK online right now and the files are(when the website is back up) available? I would love to avoid a midnight Wal-Mart visit, if possible.

But you get to see the meth addicts with nothing better to do. Maybe the drunk rambling about something.

I remember TBC's launch, and standing outside the same Game Stop I'll be at tomorrow night for WotLK. It was funny to hear people talk about the servers they all played on, and listen to some of the stories that people swapped.

It was kinda' sad to hear most of them talking about Molten Core, with a few smatterings of BWL. Having been part of <Fusion> of Turaylon at the time, I felt kinda' out of place. >.<

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am actually not at all upset about the realms being down. I really wanted to try out the Left4Dead demo that came out today anyhow.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey I used to roll on Turalyon, with the Samurai Hobos. They are Chaotic Neutral now.

Bigity on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Eh, I'm going to a Gamestop inside a mall, so the wait will at least be carpeted and not-rainy, with mall security guards roaming outside on Segways.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »

I remember TBC's launch, and standing outside the same Game Stop I'll be at tomorrow night for WotLK. It was funny to hear people talk about the servers they all played on, and listen to some of the stories that people swapped.

It was kinda' sad to hear most of them talking about Molten Core, with a few smatterings of BWL. Having been part of <Fusion> of Turaylon at the time, I felt kinda' out of place. >.<

Hahahaha, Fusion is still the shit™

I do remember back then people towards the end still talking about MC like it was difficult, it wasn't. ex: back when Turalyon came out (mid 06) I was in OR and we cleared MC a week after hitting 60, Fusion like 2 days after us. BWL came 3 weeks after that.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »

Eh, I'm going to a Gamestop inside a mall, so the wait will at least be carpeted and not-rainy, with mall security guards roaming outside on Segways.

This is the only thing that has me worried atm. It's been shitty shit shit weather in Wichita since the week started. Rainy and balls cold.

Think I'll be showing up in full Gortex to Game Stop.
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Hahahaha, Fusion is still the shit™

Aye. I check in on them from time to time. Lotta' new faces, as is the way of things for everyone. Was glad to see Trouble and Punkrocker were still playing. Used to have a good time going toe to toe with Punk on the damage meters. Fucker was specced Combat Daggers at the time. Never believed Sword Spec Rogues would take over. Ahh, good memories.

Laurluna on
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to hit up some 7-11s tomorrow to see if I can find it before midnight. If not then I'll just go to where I pre-ordered it.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hate going to Gamestop it's just a few blocks away and it's the last place I will ever go when looking for games

It's werid to talk to people about WOW in real life. It's quite werid when you say who you are in game the flash of hate in thier eyes appears

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hate going to Gamestop it's just a few blocks away and it's the last place I will ever go when looking for games

It's werid to talk to people about WOW in real life. It's quite werid when you say who you are in game the flash of hate in thier eyes appears

Damn son. Who are you hanging out with?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's "werid" when someone makes the same typo twice in one post.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »

Get off his nuts.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Haha. This is why I enjoy my Concealed Carry Permit.

Any would-be "IRL gankers" are in for a surprise.

Sorry, I had to. >.<

Laurluna on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »

Back to your hole, geek.

Back, too. You're whole, geek!

I don't know, I'm bored, there are no realms.

Edit: Ninja edit was a ninja.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    There are a few up according to Realm Status, but I'm sure they're getting slammed by influxes of levels 1s from bored players.

You'd think they would have learned by now and just disabled all character creation until every server is up.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Joeslop wrote: »
    There are a few up according to Realm Status, but I'm sure they're getting slammed by influxes of levels 1s from bored players.

You'd think they would have learned by now and just disabled all character creation until every server is up.

One would think so.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    At my local Gamestop I let one of the employees know that I played WoW, much to my dismay. Every time I walked in, he would start a conversation about WoW. I could just be in to make a pre-order, and he would consult me on raid strategies, guild drama, etc. Ever since I let it slip that we cleared Sunwell a few weeks ago I have not returned since...

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I haven't paid much attention to the Realm Status page in years. I just know that it's been like this ever since I got home from work:

statsch5.jpg

Edit: Oops, now Arathor just disappeared from the list.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hand of the Deceiver better be in my mailbox when I log on come tomorrow. Thanks for cheating me out of a Sunwell clear Blizzard.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WHO FUCKED WITH THE MAIL CODE? WE'RE NOT EVEN CHANGING MAIL FOR THE XPAC. JOHNSON, WAS THAT YOU AGAIN GODDAMMIT KNEW I SHOULD'VE FIRED YOU AFTER THAT 3.0.2 DEBACLE YOU FUCKSTICK

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aw man. I just missed my train home, and had to walk, figured I'd be able to log on when I got home and relax..
    Major bummer.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    New ETA, 7:45 PST.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I haven't paid much attention to the Realm Status page in years. I just know that it's been like this ever since I got home from work:

statsch5.jpg

Edit: Oops, now Arathor just disappeared from the list.

Look, an account name! crack it, boys!

Arrath on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God damn. I don't mind server downs (too much) but when they say it's gonna be up at XXX time, come on...

At least make it by YYY.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

They really mean it this time too...for reals

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Poketpixie wrote: »

They really mean it this time too...for reals

I bet its just one guy there, stalling until tomorrow when people are actually working.

Arrath on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh god I wanted to spend my dkp before it was reset for the expansion
    what the hell is blizzard doing

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    lol

Night shift to do list:

Update message every 45 minutes for 60 minutes extra downtime.
    mop

Bigity on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    and i can't even kill time with old snl sketches because the writer's strike really ruined everything for online viewers and even though NBC.com has all the celebrity jeopardy anyone could want it is impossible to find the sean connery as James Bond getting his STD tests sketch anywhere... the new digital frontier sucks if freedom of information means i can only watch a preselected portion of what our focus group decided that i liked.

man if server's where up I would not have the opportunity to be pissed off at stupid stuff like this

EDIT: they don't even have a message up about server's anymore... would this qualify as "phoning it in"

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    lol

Night shift to do list:

Update message every 45 minutes for 60 minutes extra downtime.
    mop

play WAR

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am struggling to find Collectors Edition of WoW at a local store. Dammit I do not want to do the midnight sale. Everyone told me only CE are done with preorders.

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My glyph research was ready at 8am this morning, damnit.

Arrath on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Horus wrote: »
    I am struggling to find Collectors Edition of WoW at a local store. Dammit I do not want to do the midnight sale. Everyone told me only CE are done with preorders.

Walmart? Best Buy? Target?(I think they had some CE TBC)

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    /sigh

Bigity on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Yeah I always thought Hyjal was better because it set the pace of the raid. Trash waves are coming, you don't have time to fuck around and go AFK instead of rezzing/drinking. I got tired of it after months and months of farming but it was the BC raid that I could tolerate for the longest before getting tired of it.

This is a few pages back, but I never found the pace of Hyjal to prevent AFKing.

All it does is means that theres a HUUUUUUGE afk break between the Alliance and Horde encampment.s

Every week we say ok there will be no AFKing between those two bases, and someone ALWAYS says "I just need to quickly go afk" and it starts a train and it takes 10-15 minutes.

This always happens, especially in easier raids like Kara. "AFK real quick." "Me too." "I gotta go AFK too." "Same." And "Real quick" is always the asshole who took 45 minutes.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Horus wrote: »

Walmart? Best Buy? Target?(I think they had some CE TBC)

I scooped mine up at a midnight wal-mart release last year. I am banking on it this time too.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    way to meet 3 self-imposed deadlines bliz...

i just wasted a decent portion of my day off. and blizzard made money

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only emotion I feel is...
    Waaaaagh.

Achilles Last Stand on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    so when it goes to suggest a realm for me, the only locations it has for me is "Development"

Paradox Control on
    \
This discussion has been closed.