Options

[Wow] Zombie [Chat] hungers for braaaaaains...

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hah, wow

What horrible timing for Blizzard, I actually feel bad for them. I'm sure they had some grandiose plans for the invasion (or maybe they didn't, but let's assume they did) to intensify as we approached Thursday, and now it's probably (mostly) down the shitter.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nah, I'm thinking we saw all there was to the invasion stuff.

Henroid on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is the invasion. Shortly, they'll release photographs of a guy in Arthas armor swinging Frostmourne around in the server room and knocking realms offline.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's what's worse; I didn't even get to see it. I planned to log in yesterday to check it out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed it too, given that it didn't get started until late Monday (right? or was it Sunday?)

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Plus, I'd think there would have to be more to it than what we saw, because I thought that I read
    Ogrimmar was supposed to be razed.

This was just an attack.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I was hoping to log in for an hour last night to do my final blacksmithing push before wrath. Guess that didn't happen.

FIX UR SERVERS BLIZ GOD OBVIOUSLY NONE OF YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME OR WANT US TO PLAY IM CANCELING MY ACCT.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    It is, of course, going to suck for anyone who didn't think that it might get reset and disenchanted their old shit.

I tanked a Kara run late last night with a lock and a spriest that I'm positive had the full s2. Lock didn't even have anything gemmed, not that I blame him. Sad thing was they didn't roll on anything. Like they fully expect something like this to happen and its normal ops.

Also, long time troll at work.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    On Argent Dawn US the "invasion" thing hasn't happened from what I've heard. Thrall and whatshisname are at the arena but they haven't had their epic throwdown and there have been no frost wyrms.

::golfclap::

Well done Blizzard, well done.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    On Argent Dawn US the "invasion" thing hasn't happened from what I've heard. Thrall and whatshisname are at the arena but they haven't had their epic throwdown and there have been no frost wyrms.

Well, you'll always have the gnome invasions whenever Blackrock goes down. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Radiation wrote: »
    DVG wrote: »
    It is, of course, going to suck for anyone who didn't think that it might get reset and disenchanted their old shit.

I tanked a Kara run late last night with a lock and a spriest that I'm positive had the full s2. Lock didn't even have anything gemmed, not that I blame him. Sad thing was they didn't roll on anything. Like they fully expect something like this to happen and its normal ops.

Also, long time troll at work.

People often manage to combine stupidity, greed and lack of suspicion into one big old package of "WTF were you thinking". Said people treat paranoia like it's a bad thing as opposed to a survival instinct.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I wanted to check this out (I'm on AD too) but I couldn't even log in the last few days, booerns.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what are you kiddies planning to do when you've rushed back from the midnight release and everything is all installed? Assuming I can log on at all, I plan to run to Dalaran, set my hearth there, then go to sleep. Wake up 4, maybe 5 hours later, then level until work at 4pm EST. :)

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what are you kiddies planning to do when you've rushed back from the midnight release and everything is all installed? Assuming I can log on at all, I plan to run to Dalaran, set my hearth there, then go to sleep. Wake up 4, maybe 5 hours later, then level until work at 4pm EST. :)

Going to bed. Then getting up and working a full day at work. Afterwards going to a meeting at church. And then maybe playing.

I did take all of Friday off so it's all good.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    This is the invasion. Shortly, they'll release photographs of a guy in Arthas armor swinging Frostmourne around in the server room and knocking realms offline.

I don't know what came over me, I had to make it:
    AttackofTheLichKing.jpg

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Tonight - pick up game, maybe a CE. Play either PSP or Fallout 3 while installing, or chat on vent with guildmates. Wait for servers to shudder and collapse, play more FO3 until servers back up.

THEN, 4 days of blitzkrieg levelling to a) get past the mouthbreathing public and b) sprint to 80 so I can then take a breath and go back to run places for rep and work on my tradeskils.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The ebgames I pre-ordered it at isn't having a midnight launch I think, which is fine because it's right by my work. So Thursday morning I'm going there first thing, picking up my CE and then finishing my work day (hopefully leaving early), then I'm going to go home and poopsock friday (took the day off) and the weekend away leveling my new Death knight.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    GranakGranak Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just due to having work I won't get in the time I REALLY want for levelling initially but the weekend is wide open. I'm having more trouble deciding whether I want to get the main up to 80 first or start in on my DK. I suppose the SMART thing would be to gather up some items for said DK and get my main to 80 first, but.. hey.. I'm not one to do the smart thing. I've played this game for far too long after all.

So, yeah, i'll be picking up the game tonight. Non-CE, sadly, unlike the first two releases. I really want that pet..

Granak on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    THEN, 4 days of blitzkrieg levelling to a) get past the mouthbreathing public and b) sprint to 80 so I can then take a breath and go back to run places for rep and work on my tradeskils.
    I'm taking the opposite approach; let the fast and furious levelers pass me up so I can enjoy the new zones at a more casual pace.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am seriously pondering going on a DK gank fest. Just to be a dick.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I'm taking the opposite approach; let the fast and furious levelers pass me up so I can enjoy the new zones at a more casual pace.

We will co-exist peacefully, my friend.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm taking the opposite approach; let the fast and furious levelers pass me up so I can enjoy the new zones at a more cas- OH GOD WHY THE HELL IS THIS 80 ROGUE STILL FLYING ABOUT AND GANKING ME HE'S BEEN AT IT FOR 4 HOURS NOW DOSN'T HE HAVE RAIDS OR SOMETHING TO DO?!?!

Scroffus on
  • Options
    GranakGranak Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    I'm taking the opposite approach; let the fast and furious levelers pass me up so I can enjoy the new zones at a more cas- OH GOD WHY THE HELL IS THIS 80 ROGUE STILL FLYING ABOUT AND GANKING ME HE'S BEEN AT IT FOR 4 HOURS NOW DOSN'T HE HAVE RAIDS OR SOMETHING TO DO?!?!

Oh the joy.

Granak on
  • Options
    SyphonBrueSyphonBrue Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Halfmex! I have not seen you in a while. Are you very excite? I won't be able to play much until Sunday night :(

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Granak wrote: »
    Oh the joy.

Roam in packs, gentlemen, roam in packs. There's no reason to not group on the intro zones, and all it took was three of us in greens from HFP to easily stomp any new 70 gankers flying around.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    I am seriously pondering going on a DK gank fest. Just to be a dick.

I've only read a little bit about the DK starting area with all the phasing of content. New Death Knights won't be visible to a level 70 character hanging around that new area in EPL, right? It'd suck to drop down there and suddenly get ganked.

SteevL on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You first phase into the world as a DK when you wake up in Light's Hope Chapel.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nope, but the flood of DKs in HFP will be very vulnerable.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alts and multiple servers are the answer to gankfest evasion.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Nope, but the flood of DKs in HFP will be very vulnerable.

Every dead night elf or blood elf death knight is victory for the forces of good.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Alts and multiple servers are the answer to gankfest evasion.

This is true, but then, you'd have to spend some time not playing the DK, and that's a horrible thought.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh the joy.
    Just one more reason that I'm glad to be on a PvE server.
    SyphonBrue wrote: »
    Halfmex! I have not seen you in a while. Are you very excite? I won't be able to play much until Sunday night :(
    I am quite stoked, good Syphon. I've got three and a half days with which to enjoy the WotLK goodness. I'm still undecided on what to do first, but I'm leaning towards firing up the Dee Kay and going through at least the phased quests to get him leveled enough to hit Outland, then just parking him in Thrallmar for a bit.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Extending downtime notice in 3...2...1...

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I level a DK first, I expect mass ganking. But that is life, er rather un-undeath?

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh the joy.
    Just one more reason that I'm glad to be on a PvE server.
    I am quite stoked, good Syphon. I've got three and a half days with which to enjoy the WotLK goodness. I'm still undecided on what to do first, but I'm leaning towards firing up the Dee Kay and going through at least the phased quests to get him leveled enough to hit Outland, then just parking him in Thrallmar for a bit.

I am gonna try to sneak in some WoW time during work, if I can. I don't know if I can last waiting all the way to Sunday night before playing.

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Orc DKs in '08!!

Has anyone gotten the Blizzard WoW installer to work downloading wotlk? Mine says it can't find the interenet.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Orc DKs in '08!!

Has anyone gotten the Blizzard WoW installer to work downloading wotlk? Mine says it can't find the interenet.

I thought they said WotLK would not be available for download right away?

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Somebody posted a link to a client that lets you download WotLK in the WotLK release thread. It doesn't work for me either.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I am gonna try to sneak in some WoW time during work, if I can. I don't know if I can last waiting all the way to Sunday night before playing.
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone could make it that long without playing it. A guildie of mine went on vacation on the 11th and he's coming back the 18th. I have no idea how I'd manage if that were me. So yeah, get that time in whenever you can. If your boss gives you shit, kick him in the dick and get back to leveling.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone could make it that long without playing it. A guildie of mine went on vacation on the 11th and he's coming back the 18th. I have no idea how I'd manage if that were me. So yeah, get that time in whenever you can. If your boss gives you shit, kick him in the dick and get back to leveling.

This is probably terrible advice, but I will follow through on it.

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well balls. I gave up last night and went to bed to wake up to...servers down.

I still demand satisfaction!

Monsty on
This discussion has been closed.