Options

DoW2 Beta: Eldar claims to have been raped by patch, gripping details inside.

• Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Spindrift wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    ok can we rename this thread the "complain here about eldar" thread instead of warhammer 40k dawn of war 2
    I think that would work.

Hey so I mean, what if we talked about something besides the Eldar now, would that work?

No. Relic fucked up the eldar. The only way you reverse horrible nerfs is to whine.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil and if it whines like a bitch, it decides where the buffs go.

I'm sure that someone at Relic is reading this thread and will right away report to their boss that they need to change the Eldar back because two guys on the Penny Arcade Forums are bitching to no end about it.

Two guys at Relic ARE reading this thread. Also, if you pull your head out of your ass and look at some other forums, you'll see that there's a lot of discontent about the Eldar.

And every other race.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    ok can we rename this thread the "complain here about eldar" thread instead of warhammer 40k dawn of war 2
    I think that would work.

Hey so I mean, what if we talked about something besides the Eldar now, would that work?

No. Relic fucked up the eldar. The only way you reverse horrible nerfs is to whine.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil and if it whines like a bitch, it decides where the buffs go.

I'm sure that someone at Relic is reading this thread and will right away report to their boss that they need to change the Eldar back because two guys on the Penny Arcade Forums are bitching to no end about it.

Two guys at Relic ARE reading this thread. Also, if you pull your head out of your ass and look at some other forums, you'll see that there's a lot of discontent about the Eldar.

And every other race.

I told you to get out and I meant it.

Spindrift on
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So far the patch has changed my play style with Tyranids in such a way:

1. Out with the Adrenal Glands, in with the Venom cannons. Watching two adrenal gland warrior groups get munched by a dread was the turning point. Venom cannons are still very good vs dreads, and in melee the two non-cannon warriors still rip up things.

2. Out with the hormagaunts, in with 2-3 groups of termagaunts, so bloody effective, though now that we can't knock down fleeing units I've found actually killing an entire unit is tough against a smart commander that pulls back early.

3. Carnifex = LOVE. Oh man, these fuckers just don't die now, they are so freaking AWESOME. I had a thornback upgraded carnifex charge through an enemy, kill 5 squads (2 warriors, 2 hormagaunts, 1 termagaunts) by himself, and still have about 200HP left, it so just amazing watching him eat through stuff finally instead of the dissapointment he usually brought about by being killed in 5 seconds.

4. Lictor needs melee upgrade sooner, with the lowering on damage, he's not nearly as good solo as he was, and can quickly be taken down by tac squads or banshees now early game. My favorite is the supression talons though, so good!

5. Spore mines are anti-building only now, its very hard to get them to kill enough units to make the microing worth it on the open field with their radius getting almost 50% reduction. Still nice and powerful but this combined with the ravenors ability being cut form 3 spore mine groups to just 1 group means the Raveners ability is totally ass right now. 300 biomass, 100 req, for 1 spore mine squad is terrible.

Thats what I've been doing so far, and it works most of the time, though I'm still having problems with orks early game, stikk bombas are assholes.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think that would work.

And every other race.

It's a good thing we don't have to care what you say :mrgreen:

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Hey Goomba, remember when your falcon grav tank destroyed my predator one on one? That was pretty cool, huh?
    Yeah, all I had to do is get a few rear armor hits and completely focus on it.

Edit: Urian, if enough people complain about Eldar maybe they don't suck again in DoW 2 like they did in DoW 1. It's a slim hope, really, but hope nonetheless.

It was a one on one test, why wouldn't you be focused on it. Also, it was head to head, you got no rear armor hits, buddy.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to redivert the topic for just a moment to plug a ranked 1v1 replay I just had against a trueskill 35 player. Orky Kommando vs Tyranid Lictor.

Check it out.

Can we stop talking about Eldar now?

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys, guys, Kinder tells me that all I have to do is making rangers, a ranged unit, and a few tanks. I remember doing that!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think that would work.

Actually, there are Relic employees that read this thread. One of them wanted to strangle TekDragon once, even.

Sounds about right.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think that would work.

And every other race.

And yet I'm still here. Being an internet toughguy not working out so well for you, huh?

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Was this just a data patch? I'm hoping they add some of the CoH GUI elements like tab-selecting units in a group before the release.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone need some popcorn?

EDIT:
    Was this just a data patch? I'm hoping they add some of the CoH GUI elements like tab-selecting units in a group before the release.

yeah, Croak said no code patch untill release.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And yet I'm still here. Being an internet toughguy not working out so well for you, huh?
    How many times are you going to quote that one post? :rotate:

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

Right here brother.

Urian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    How many times are you going to quote that one post? :rotate:

Once?

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to redivert the topic for just a moment to plug a ranked 1v1 replay I just had against a trueskill 35 player. Orky Kommando vs Tyranid Lictor.

Check it out.

Can we stop talking about Eldar now?
    Cool beans, I lost to a trueskill 31 SM as Lictor yesterday.

He put a devastator in a building.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

Right here brother.

*passes popcorn*

hope you don't might light, dad has to watch his weight ever since he stopped smoking.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In theory I'm going out with some buds in an hour, but until then, everybody's on notice: I'm going to start handing out red cards for the slightest impoliteness in this thread because I'm fucking tired of it. You can all behave yourselves if you try. I know you can do it.

In fact, I'm locking the thread for two minutes so you can read this post. Once it's unlocked, let's all be adults for at least an hour of our lives, mmkay?

Captain K on
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My thoughts on the changes:

The ratio of req to power is pretty high, so massing low power cost units is more viable than waiting for high power units. Unless you're 'nids, in which case everything worth using is low power cost. But on the whole, I think a reduction in the value of req points and HQ req income would be an improvement. I like the steady increase in req income from req points because it makes them worth protecting/harassing, however because you can't fortify them at all (and there are so many of them) it could increase musical chairs syndrome.

Also, I really enjoyed Dawn of War 2 for its small unit count, and the fact that reinforcing a squad used to take a decent chunk of your requisition made them worth preserving/harassing. The new patch means that if a game is close you end up with horrid blobs of vehicles. (Or platforms if you're Eldar) A game I played earlier ended 16-0, and by the end the SM players were fielding 4 predators a piece, the 'nid had several carnifexes, and the ork had a blob of looted tanks. As an Eldar, I had a bunch of brightlance platforms, a seer council, and a wraithlord now and then, because everything else would get eaten alive.

I think I agree that the Eldar need changing, because they just aren't fun to play anymore. I want my Eldar to be fast and lethal, but fragile, platforms are just the second and third, and infantry seem like just the first and last.

Traikan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    okay here we go

who wants the first infraction

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    okay here we go

who wants the first infraction

Captain K on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm always polite all the time. 8-)

JJ on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The "Lictor" damage reduction applies to the hero, too?

:|

Time to put more time in with the Ravener Alpha.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think they should make the fire prism worth buying. Either slap more HP on there, a speed boost, or give it better damage. Maybe a mix of all three 8-)

Perhaps give it a "big shot" ability like the ork tank. It just needs something.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wish the anti-armor mode for the Fire prism did more damage.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I think they should make the fire prism worth buying. Either slap more HP on there, a speed boost, or give it better damage. Maybe a mix of all three 8-)

Perhaps they should make other units in the eldar army also worth buying before retail as well.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »

Personally, I've always found the fire prism worth getting at times. Even more now that it can back away from walkers and the like. massive AoE knockbacks are always awesome.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

JohnDoe doesn't take orders from people on the internet.

What a badass.

Spindrift on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I usually find that my fire prism falls victim to a stray rocket/laser beam/whatever, losing most of its health instantly

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A nice 3v3 replay I had last night. Was a very close game.

http://www.0x0101.com/files/my3v3comeback.rec

Lux782 on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So guys SM Apoth is waaaaay overpowered amirite

No seriously, they seem to hold their own in a fight pretty fucking well. After I got steamrolled by that ranked match I decided to try out the Apoth (before I was hardcore FCs because CPU battles lent to Assault Termie deployments very well, cuz y'know, walking death with electric hammers are fun).

Got a couple of questions though:
    - Does the apoth autoheal ASM only? Is this why everyone keeps harping on about the Apoth+ASM combo? I put my Apoth next to my scouts and there's no green hexagons on them, whereas there are when next to ASMs.

- What upgrades are recommended, at the moment I got the energy sapping axe, the T3 superheal armor and T3 extra energy?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ork Sluggaz need Choppas not Swords.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Me and Kinder totally wrecked some dudes 2v3 after tyrannus' fat clogged his pipes and made him crash 2 seconds into the game last night.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    - Does the apoth autoheal ASM only? Is this why everyone keeps harping on about the Apoth+ASM combo? I put my Apoth next to my scouts and there's no green hexagons on them, whereas there are when next to ASMs.

I think the complaint just stems from having a powerful tier 1 unit that you can rapidly heal with the tier 1 armor upgrade

It's not really imbalanced, it's just a smart unit/ability combo

Captain K on
  • Options
    RuitCaelumRuitCaelum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm actually liking the fire prism now that it can at least back up. I'm sure it'd be knocked down by concerted AV fire in a couple of seconds, but it's a lot of fun to fire into a scrum and watch bodies fly. It could use a little juice in terms of speed to get rear armor shots or more anti-vee damage, though. Maybe if falcons and fire prisms could jump again...

RuitCaelum on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    So guys SM Apoth is waaaaay overpowered amirite

No seriously, they seem to hold their on in a fight pretty fucking well. After I got steamrolled by that ranked match I decided to try out the Apoth (before I was hardcore FCs because CPU battles lent to Assault Termie deployments very well, cuz y'know, walking death with electric hammers are fun).

Got a couple of questions though:

- What upgrades are recommended, at the moment I got the energy sapping axe, the T3 superheal armor and T3 extra energy?

Apoths aren't suppose to autoheal anything, they increase everyones health regen though... ASM + Apoth is so awesome becaue you get the (now...) best melee unit plus the only healing unit, who is also melee.

Those are good choices. some get the chainsword for the health regen, and the grenades to help with HWTs.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think a lot of Eldar players used Banshees/Warp Spiders/Exarch as a crutch. And now that those got nerfed they are perplexed as to what to do.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think a lot of Eldar players used Banshees/Warp Spiders/Exarch as a crutch. And now that those got nerfed they are perplexed as to what to do.

Alright, first of all, take a big step back and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE.

The Eldar players who used zero Banshees and maybe one squad of Warp Spiders are perplexed as to what to do. Care to explain that one, shitbird?

Spindrift on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh yeah, when I say auto-heal I really meant auto-regen. I guess I should test some more, maybe the green hexes appear when there's actually damage on the unit??

And the combo makes sense, I agree, melee axe with energy steal = heal spamming melee units. God I feel like I'm talking about an MMO :lol:

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, I didn't. So that argument is flawed. Sorry!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Warp spiders still seemed to be able to gib my infantry at a good rate, and I don't think there was any change that made them less able to teleport away the moment things go south.

Edit:
    Well, I didn't. So that argument is flawed. Sorry!

So what did you use?

and he did say most

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.