• Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    rioting is the best form of protest

Xhero on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    seeing that tfs got an internship at his aclu branch kinda makes me wanna go oppress some shit.

just to get tfs riled up, fun for about an hour, then it would go back to stoic toke.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    all forcing a dude to live in a prison cell with no cable tv for a triple murder.

all trampling that dude's civil liberties.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    bumpin' some suspects head on the top of the cruiser for running from the police

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rachel Maddow's Ms. Information segment was talking about emails that the prosecutor's in the Madoff case submitted to the judge as evidence, hoping to get a stiffer sentence. One particular email that the prosecutors gave the judge as evidence against Madoff was found to be particularly interesting.
    My name is (redacted), but my origin is from Republic of Congo. I have an inherited fund I want to invest in business in your country with a help of a local. ...If you can assist, I am willing to give you 10% of the funds that is $3.5 million...

I love Rachel Maddow.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    bumpin' some suspects head on the top of the cruiser for running from the police
    Stomping on the breaks to make them hit their faces on the wire-mesh divider screen when they get too chatty in the back.

My dad did this while he was a correction's officer in Nevada. Those inmates forfeited their rights when they decided to behave more like animals than human beings. If they wanna act like a fucking wild beast than they ought be treated as such.

Like with a taser shield!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Uhm, on the whole crime and punishment and prison and all that, uhm, all I'm going to say is, not everyone who goes to jail is actually as guilty as they are found to be, and not all who break the law are criminals.

Oh, yeah, and not all who are criminals break the law, let alone are found guilty.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Y'know what? Yes. There are some innocent people in prison, and that sucks so fucking hard and I hope that they get the justice they so far have not as far as getting that shit resolved.

But 99 percent of the prison population are sub-human pieces of fucking trash that deserve a savage pummeling from one of these

pr_24_baton.jpg

Which my dad was a nationally certified instructor in the use of! So hey

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    chances are, if you don't keep your mouth shut while you're in custody of the police and you aren't asking for your lawyer, you're probably a fucking idiot.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    woo prisoner abuse!

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    But 99 percent of the prison population are sub-human pieces of fucking trash that deserve a savage pummeling from one of these

How do you know this?

Tox on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh god yes

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tox wrote: »

How do you know this?

My dad, two of my uncles and two of my aunts worked as corrections officers for about 10 years each.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

I know, just ask any one of them and they'll all tell you about how they're innocent.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

My dad, two of my uncles and two of my aunts worked as corrections officers for about 10 years each.

And would you say it is more appropriate to treat the ninety-nine better than they deserve? Or to treat the one worse than they deserve?

Tox on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

And would you say it is more appropriate to treat the ninety-nine better than they deserve? Or to treat the one worse than they deserve?

Second one. Treating the ninety nine percent better means you're treating child molesters and rapists and multiple murderers and fucking assassins for the Cuban mafia (all fine, fine potentially innocent citizens of the max-sec prison outside Ely, Nevada my family worked at) as if they aren't the absolute scum of the earth.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys some of my family members were corrections officers so I know how prisoners are all scum!

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

Second one. Treating the ninety nine percent better means you're treating child molesters and rapists and multiple murderers and fucking assassins for the Cuban mafia (all fine, fine potentially innocent citizens of the max-sec prison outside Ely, Nevada my family worked at) as if they aren't the absolute scum of the earth.

So, you're okay with being arrested, sentenced to life in prison, and being physically castrated, if it means preserving the poor treatment of the supposed deserving?

Tox on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bring back death by firing squad in the US

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

So, you're okay with being arrested, sentenced to life in prison, and being physically castrated, if it means preserving the poor treatment of the supposed deserving?

Hypothetically? Well in that situation I'd join the Aryan nation for protection, to do what I had to to survive in the prison system.

Edit: Well Lockout, I'd say countless first-hand accounts of attempted murder against correctional officers and other prisoners and the fact that a common way to piss the officers off was to smear feces all over the inside of your cell... yeah, most prison inmates are suitable for being made into inexpensive fertilizer.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How do you know this?

Hypothetically? Well in that situation I'd join the Aryan nation for protection, to do what I had to to survive in the prison system.

No, not hypothetically. If you were arrested, charged with raping a classroom of preschoolers, and sentenced to castration and life in prison, would you complain and start an uproar about how the system has failed? Or would you say, "well, I am an acceptable error rate, and my life is a sacrifice to the greater good of treating bad people badly."

Tox on
  • Options
    GatsuiokiGatsuioki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shit, assassins suck. Or at least video-games have portrayed them as ultimate bad-asses when they're just all "I'm behind you son, blam."

Gatsuioki on
    TDOT on Man vs Discovery Channel
    "Alright fuckers, I'm in charge now.

From here on, every week is Shark Week."
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Shit even the inmates that weren't total cock-shiners the whole fucking time they were locked up were still pieces of fucking shit. The guy who ran all the gambling inside the prison population was this old-ass italian guy, nice as could be to the officers and white inmates.

He was a mobster in Vegas back in the fifties and was locked up for killing three men with a baseball bat and burying their bodies in the desert.

edit: What fucking world do you live in where castration is a punishment in America? Are you fucking high?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ... and I think we've found the polar opposite of the bullshit "YOUR WHOLE FAMILY HAS BEEN RAPED AND MURDERED" theoretical people try to use to justify the death penalty.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Breaking news: Ten million people can be wrong.

Tox on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Protip: Child molesters don't fare well in prison.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You are one of ten million.

edit: No, child molesters do not. Good. Fuck 'em. If there's a crime that deserves a brutal painful death it's that.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Uhm, on the whole crime and punishment and prison and all that, uhm, all I'm going to say is, not everyone who goes to jail is actually as guilty as they are found to be, and not all who break the law are criminals.

Oh, yeah, and not all who are criminals break the law, let alone are found guilty.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

If you've broken a law, you've committed a crime, and are a criminal, however minor a transgression it might have been (I'm not saying people will call you a crook for the rest of your life but by definition that is what you are as long as the legal proceedings are going on)

And if you are not breaking any laws, I'm unclear as to how you can be classified as a criminal

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You are one of ten million.

edit: No, child molesters do not. Good. Fuck 'em. If there's a crime that deserves a brutal painful death it's that.

My point was that even if every story you've been told was true (and it's fair to guess they're not all true), you cannot fairly take that sample as accurate of the whole.

Not to mention, this was a max security prison. That's like going to CPAC, seeing how those people act, and making sweeping statements about the entire republican party. Even if you think you can take a sample to be an accurate reflection of the whole, you certainly can't take an extreme sample to be so.

Tox on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

If you've broken a law, you've committed a crime, and are a criminal, however minor a transgression it might have been (I'm not saying people will call you a crook for the rest of your life but by definition that is what you are as long as the legal proceedings are going on)

And if you are not breaking any laws, I'm unclear as to how you can be classified as a criminal

uh, by being wrongly convicted, mostly

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

i'm curious, genuinely, about this. i'm not trying to be snarky or anything

how many times does this happen in a year, honestly? and it isn't turned around in an appeal or something?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

I'm looking forward to the brutal and painful death of one in particular, the one who is responsible for me having to lock up all the knives in the house, away from my roommate's ten-year-old daughter.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I'm looking forward to the brutal and painful death of one in particular, the one who is responsible for me having to lock up all the knives in the house, away from my roommate's ten-year-old daughter.

lots of ways to facilitate that kinda action, darth. man of your particular skills and connections, etc.

edit: seriously though, child molesters need to be fucking crucified or rat-boxed. there is no lower form of life on earth. it can't be cured, or rehabilitated. might as well try to rehabilitate a cat's love of blonde gals or shapely legs. it's impossible. kill 'em all, let god sort em out.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

how many times does this happen in a year, honestly? and it isn't turned around in an appeal or something?

statistics on this are impossible to come to reliably, so i couldn't help you with that one. and the appeal system does not work all that quickly. it happens enough to be a problem.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait guys did Teefs actually get an internship at the ACLU

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

statistics on this are impossible to come to reliably, so i couldn't help you with that one. and the appeal system does not work all that quickly. it happens enough to be a problem.

man, this country's court system is fucked. i can't tell you how many times my mom came home from working, in sacramento, at the child protection services courts just fuming about how shit happened, etc.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009

By being black!

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SO LACIST

Robcham on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

By being black!

Well, I mean... statistically...

Metzger Meister on
This discussion has been closed.