But then Comedy Central was all like

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

20kdd11.jpg

and the Crew was reborn!

w0q05d.jpg

and much rejoicing was had by all.

... So far this new season has brought us:

Rebirth-
In which was chronicled the death, and reformation of our beloved cast, the planet express crew.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela-
An episode focusing on Leela and Zap having been stranded in a strange paradise planet after a failed mission to stop a rogue smashed up satellite ala star trek from destroying the earth.

Attack of the Killer app-
A commentary on planned obsolescence and consumerism.

Proposition Infinity-
A take on cali's prop 8, discussing robosexual relations in classic futurama style.

The Duh-Vinci Code-
A some what dated pop culture reference, obviously, however futurama manages to put a new spin on an old hat.

Lethal Inspection-
Bender finds out he is not as immortal as he thought.. Bender/Hermes hijinks ensue!

The Late Philip J. Fry-
The professor invents a forward only time machine and the crew accidentally ends up in the year 10,000.

twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
Jacobkosh on

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blue Dotted.

There were so many awesome time-travel related jokes in this episode. Loved the "Dumblocks"

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, I just thought when the thread ended that was it. Turns out it just recreates itself! (but a few feet lower, go figure).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I really liked the end of the Lethal Inspection episode.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Wow, I just thought when the thread ended that was it. Turns out it just recreates itself! (but a few feet lower, go figure).

Haha, brilliant.

At first I found myself questioning two "awwww" episodes in a row. But after the whole thing was over, nope. I think it was a good idea.

I also didn't see the Hitler joke coming so I found it very very funny, twice.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fun episode. I like the exponent counting up near the end of the universe. And I thought Elzar's "Bam!" from across the room was really well delivered.

Oh yes, and the various statues of societies that blew up and Fry is distraught over.

Also the very image of the Professor toting around that comically large and dangerous looking laser weapon was just great.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    That episode was bits of fun sandwiched between boring as shit. Hit or miss. Again.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The last 3 episodes have really been a return to form ! I can't wait till this season comes out on DVD. A slightly random question. What is with shows like American Dad having DVD's come out as volumes as opposed to seasons ? I understand that its probably a better way to make far more money but it really annoys me that they don't sell them by seasons. I hope Futurama at least sticks to releasing DVD's as whole seasons.

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seems to me that the writers had to get those first few bland episodes out just so they could get their brain juices flowing again.

This last episode was probably the best so far. Feels like each episode is better than the last, a trend that I think started with Proposition Infinity.

One more thing, did anyone else notice when they replayed the Duh-Vinci Code episode, they seemed to have edited out the Space Pope scene? I noticed this a couple weeks ago, was hoping maybe my cable just crapped out.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    they need to hurry up and release a decently-priced box set of the movies. I didn't hate them, but they're sure as hell not worth $20-25 each.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've only seen the iPhone episode so far.

I liked the criticism of Apple and Twitter. Calling them
    twits

was brilliant.

But some of the grosser jokes falled flat to me. In particular
    Chunks the Goat and Susan Boil seemed like lazy writing to me

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

those two things are probably the worse parts of the new series. imo, nothing in the other episodes is near as bad

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

those two things are probably the worse parts of the new series. imo, nothing in the other episodes is near as bad

Good to know!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Good to know!

The two-headed goat made me laugh so hard.

"What do you feed it?"

"Whatever comes out one end we feed to the other!"

"Also, Indian food."

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For some reason Bender yelling "Give me the keys, Magoo" when the Professor screws up the time machine makes me laugh, even today.
    MagooAndDog.jpg
    Jim Backus needs more love.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Chunks the goat was great if only for the line "so much for a pleasant swim in vomit!"

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gyral wrote: »
    For some reason Bender yelling "Give me the keys, Magoo" when the Professor screws up the time machine makes me laugh, even today.
    MagooAndDog.jpg
    Jim Backus needs more love.

I haven't even seen that episode that's already cracking me up.

Feral on

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So after watching the last episode, I kind of want to ride a walrus down a glacier.

edit- also, 100% fresh squeezed walrus juice! Ride the walrus!

adytum on
  • Options
    ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode was probably my favourite of the new season so far.

Fry: BENDER! They had a backwards time machine
    Bender: So, that other place had a lot of good things too! Did you even see that mountain of skulls!?

Thesmileyemo on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Chunks the goat was great if only for the line "so much for a pleasant swim in vomit!"

Plus the fact it was called a puke-me-poop-you. I never thought I'd see a Doctor Doolittle reference.

This episode was pretty good. Not my favourite, but the visuals were very well done and the plot was fun.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    “So long, Earth. Thanks for the air and whatnot.”

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fry: "So what was the point of life?"
    Farnsworth: "I don't know. Some hogwash about the human spirit or something."
    Fry: "Yeah, that sounds about right."

I just thought of something:
    When Fry, Bender, and the Professor finally arrived at the right point in the third universe, that universe's versions of them were about to get in the time machine. What about the Fry, Bender, and Professor Farnsworth from the second universe? Did they travel in time and end up in the fourth universe?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    When Fry, Bender, and the Professor finally arrived at the right point in the third universe, that universe's versions of them were about to get in the time machine. What about the Fry, Bender, and Professor Farnsworth from the second universe? Did they travel in time and end up in the fourth universe?

someone in the previous thread fanwanked that:
    because hitler was killed early in that timeline, the professor was never compelled to develop time travel.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I also like how in the last thread everyone was trying to figure-out just how old Bender is, and now he,
    Fry, and the Professor are all at least 2 UNIVERSES old.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

because hitler was killed early in that timeline, the professor was never compelled to develop time travel.

of course,
    universe 2's time travelers could have ended up in universe 4

also, that guy in the episode with Paulie Shore?
    the one that thought time was cyclical? he was pretty much right, apparently

Joolander on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Good to know!

The two-headed goat made me laugh so hard.

"What do you feed it?"

"Whatever comes out one end we feed to the other!"

"Also, Indian food."

(redoubled barfing)

At least the barfing goat bit was rounded out with additional jokes, as opposed to "hey, let's stare at the barfing goat for a couple of minutes!" a la family guy.

Edit: aw crap, top of page.

Er...

"At least he died doing what he loved." (kicks corpse into pool of vomit/shit)

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It wasn't the goat. All of its orifices are in use.

RandomEngy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fry: "So what was the point of life?"
    Farnsworth: "I don't know. Some hogwash about the human spirit or something."
    Fry: "Yeah, that sounds about right."

Probably my favorite line from last night, which I enjoyed a lot.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So John DiMaggio (Bender) looks and acts pretty much exactly as I pictured him.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=341972&title=the-voices-of-futurama---john-dimaggio-on-bender

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Here's something you guys might not have considered (regarding the "The Late Philip J. Fry"):
    What about the Fry, Bender, and Professor from the previous universes?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's something you guys might not have considered (regarding the "The Late Philip J. Fry"):
    What about the Fry, Bender, and Professor from the previous universes?
    Perhaps Bender convinced them to stay in terminator future, or maybe they stayed long enough in backward capable hot women future?

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Personally I prefer to think that the professor was wrong. It's not another universe, it's just that time is a big circle and repeats eternally.

The 10 foot difference could just be written off as temporal drift.

(basically I prefer the concept of time as put forth in D.W. Jones' book "A Tale of Time City").

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how every time that's brought up, somebody comes up with a different answer :D

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Joolander wrote: »

of course,

Joolander on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I had to go back and rewatch the episode just to hear the "in the year 252525" song again. That was just golden. I think it's the Giraffe that did it for me. Best episode so far this season by far.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What I dont get, is why would a forward time machine have to do with killing hitler?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The new season just seams to be getting better and better.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What I dont get, is why would a forward time machine have to do with killing hitler?

I don't think it was invented to kill Hitler; the professor just thought it would be convenient.

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kirbith wrote: »
    So I had to go back and rewatch the episode just to hear the "in the year 252525" song again. That was just golden. I think it's the Giraffe that did it for me. Best episode so far this season by far.

Really wish Comedy Central would post the song as one of the videos for this episode. The audio's on Youtube in a couple places, at least.

antherem on
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

of course,

"universe 2's time travelers could have ended up in universe 4" is right. Every universe just shifts forward 2 universes. 1->3, 2->4, 3->5, ..., infinity -> infinity + 2

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Futurama has the best songs.

Tomanta on