Everyone Hide! Mustang is in the [CHAT]!

VeritasVeritas Registered User
edited September 2009 in Artist's Corner
Shhhh! No one's here!

shhhqz.jpg

Veritas on
«13456762

Posts

  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My social rejectitude has been immortilized in chat form. What an honour.
    Wait, where is everyone?

    Mustang on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    [tiny]whisper whisper whisper gossip teehee[/tiny]

    Angel_of_Bacon on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ahahahahaha

    YES

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Stop it, stop laughing at me.

    Also I just discovered Miso Soup, I really like it. Yup me and Miso Soup, we going to be friends.

    Mustang on
  • jpegjpeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    we should keep talking about andrew bird! because he is great!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26PqNVy7kKo

    jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh man, my andrew bird post did get botp'ed didn't it?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRk2iHkOcNE

    @Jpeg: that clip is fantastic! Is there a place I could acquire the whole performance and/or the mp3s?

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • CharisCharis Registered User
    edited September 2009
    watch?v=6CRiR52YtjE

    I thought I would be all cool with my embeddin'. Durn electro-machines. Get off my lawn, I'm goin' ta Poppa Johns.

    Charis on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just paste the url

    the forum will take care of the rest

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • jpegjpeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    this is a good first chat thread page.

    jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    first we berate Mustang for being boring then we celebrate with awesome music?

    This is a good thread. I will do well here.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This guy is great!

    Thanks Chat Thread.

    DeeLock on
  • CharisCharis Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I saw someone mention The National a bit ago. I think it was actually Mustang. This might redeem him. I mean, Alligator and Boxer were both triumphs.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KehwyWmXr3U

    Charis on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited September 2009
    voooop

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, my dog is starting to settle down and it is awesome...he just kind of lays underneath the desk while I am working.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Has he done the cat "I'm just going to crawl over your keyboard and books ever so nonchalantly while you're working" walk?

    You may want to count your blessings if he hasn't

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited September 2009
    woohoo crazy dogs not being crazy

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been thinking of rolling in on a creationist forum and seeing how quickly I can get banned with well thought out, weighted arguments.
    Charis wrote:
    I think it was actually Mustang. This might redeem him.

    It was me, see I'm not boring.....well, at least partially not boring.

    Mustang on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You shouldn't hate on creationists so much, at this point intelligent design still offers a more solid explanation of the universe's existence than science has. As somebody who keeps an open mind...I have to admit that I think that people who make fun of religious people are morons.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I beleive in delicious food

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, I'm a man of some faith, but creationists tend to take the bible literally which would mean that we are living on a flat plane supported by several pillars and that the sky was painted on the inside of a dome-like structure.

    I'm all for religion, but its the ones who take it too so seriously they miss the point that I have a problem with.

    and that's my final imput in the matter. I'm not sure why I wrote this in the first place.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    You shouldn't hate on creationists so much, at this point intelligent design still offers a more solid explanation of the universe's existence than science has. As somebody who keeps an open mind...I have to admit that I think that people who make fun of religious people are morons.

    Oh I don't hate on them cake, some of my best friends are religious, though most of them think the book of Genesis is total bullshit. It's the hardcore, "You're wrong and I'm right and I'm not willing to look at your point of view" people that I don't like.

    So to clarify
    A) I have no problem with religious people, providing they're not forcing their beliefs onto me.
    B) Close minded bigots can go fuck themselves.

    Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    B) Close minded bigots can go fuck themselves.

    That sounds like something a close minded bigot would say :P

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well I have been identified as pure source of self loathing.

    Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    atleast fucking yourself is kinda fun, amiright?:)

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So right.

    Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This thread is really going places

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I guess I'll just have to cope with it.
    By throwing D-Robe down the stairs a few more times.
    You're a horrible husband!
    True, but D-Robe is - almost by definition- an even worse wife.
    I leave for 5 hours and this is how you repay me? You know the judge is going to award me the kids leaving you all alone with only your internet friends. In other words, a lot like now.

    D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And it just went places.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User
    edited September 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    at this point intelligent design still offers a more solid explanation of the universe's existence than science has.

    Really you think so?

    Denial of science or a lack of knowledge in the specific creation of the universe does not constitute proof or reason for creationism. The idea that it was willed into existence by an omniscient god has no greater weight simply because science has yet to figure it all out.

    Before there was proof that the world was round, the idea that the world was a flat disc wasn't any more true.

    Veritas on
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think there is absolutely every possibility of a higher power.
    However if there is a god and an intelligent design, he has been a lot less conspicuous than just creating a garden and ploking a guy and a girl in it and saying "Have at it you saucy minxes".
    It's a big reason I don't subscribe into any religion, they're far too unbending in their belief structure.

    So what I'm saying is that there is absolutley no reason why evolution couldn't be part of gods intelligent design.

    Mustang on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I don't disagree with that mustang.

    Technically I consider myself somewhere between a deist and an agnostic/atheist.

    I don't think we can truly know whether one or the other is right anymore than we can look past the beginning of time.

    At the same time though I think any rigidly absolutist belief is wrong simply because they can't prove themselves right, but I'm more likely than not to weigh in on the side that can at least show evidence towards their ideas even if it can't explain the totality of existence.

    Denial of the scientific method in favor of strong belief doesn't make their case, and in that I actually prefer an individuals faith based reasoning over the necessity of trying to prove existence through manufactured "science."

    Veritas on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ooh boy! A creation debate!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    at this point intelligent design still offers a more solid explanation of the universe's existence than science has.

    I disagree. Claiming that an intelligent being created the universe just creates an infinite regress - if that's true then who or what created the thing that created our universe? The same can be said for any claim made at the moment as to what created the universe. Both religion and academics are equally inadequate in proving how the universe began at the moment. However, while religion denies this, science embraces this and tries to understand why.
    cakemikz wrote: »
    You shouldn't hate on creationists so much... I have to admit that I think that people who make fun of religious people are morons.

    This I do partly agree with. Attacking individuals because of their religion won't change a great deal, unless they happen to be particularly influential. I would rather see people focus their efforts on the precepts of religion that are simply repressive, insular or downright harmful. The concept of religion is all well and good but the way in which it has been twisted over the years has done some terrible things.

    I'm not talking about Christianity alone. I'd say virtually every religion and every society has done terrible things.

    EDIT:
    Mustang wrote: »
    It's a big reason I don't subscribe into any religion, they're far too unbending in their belief structure.

    Limed for truth.
    Mustang wrote: »
    So what I'm saying is that there is absolutley no reason why evolution couldn't be part of gods intelligent design.

    And this is a very good point. I don't understand why some/many religious followers choose to be hostile towards science and academics. Wouldn't god be more impressive if they/it had designed such a complex system?

    Flay on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User
    edited September 2009
    There's not really much to debate without a hot headed opponent to deliver angry rebuttals.

    For everyone else presumably not interested, there are ten foot poles in the closet over there.

    Veritas on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    By the way, it seems you can listen to the entire new muse album on various websites for a short time.

    'Resistance' (the track) sounds pretty great, actually.

    Flay on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well I won't be a hot headed opponent for this debate because I don't care enough one way or the other. I actually went on to write a very long response about how I grew up and how I came to this particular perspective...but its irrelevant.

    Let's just leave it at I am one of the most skeptical people you could ever meet...and that applies to just about everything....but especially art and science.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User
    edited September 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Well I won't be a hot headed opponent for this debate because I don't care enough one way or the other.

    That's alright, I didn't expect that you were, your comment was more simply the catalyst to the discussion.

    Also I think everyone more or less owes their particular beliefs to their experience, whether that is an individually held belief or those of a specific orthodoxy or denomination but I think more often than not people need to realize that the beliefs they have crafted to suit themselves don't need to be held by everyone else for them to remain true to that individual. If that were the case we'd have quite a few less problems and if those beliefs don't hold that science and education is out to destroy their religion than all the better.

    I think being able to explain your reasoning is important however, otherwise it is simply blind adherence to doctrine which is generally not a position of strength in terms of faith (not that I need the explanation or that I ask you to provide one but in general terms of personally held belief).

    Veritas on
  • jpegjpeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    By the way, it seems you can listen to the entire new muse album on various websites for a short time.

    'Resistance' (the track) sounds pretty great, actually.

    I've been a Muse fan since I was like 12 years old, the only songs off of The Resistance that I liked are Unnatural Selection (which is admittedly really awesome) and MK Ultra. I don't really like the style that they're taking their music in. Although, it took like a year before I warmed up to Black Holes and Revelations, so maybe this will work like that.

    jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've got ticket's to see Muse in October! It's my first time to see them live so I'm pretty excited.

    no_toast on
  • PetalmunkPetalmunk Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I'm sad to say i didn't know about muse until I rocked out 'Knights Of Cydonia' in guitar hero.
    If you haven't seen it yet....

    watch?v=rMLFkHdbjLE

    Petalmunk on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sooooooooooooo, I got a job offer from Japan.

    Nothing official yet, but an offer.

    MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.