Options

[Aion] ITT we argue about MMO lore

• Options
    EZEZ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    losers, they should have a crappy job like me so they get crappy days of like monday and tuesday.

EZ on
    psn: Fueler325
    Steam ID:
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EZ wrote: »
    Where are all the asmos at??

On Ariel server. There are people on.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Last night I saw Sephiroth on....

Not SSephiroth, or Sefiroth, or Sephiruth, but straight up correct spelling.

It makes cringe inside that those stereotypes have not been reviled enough to make them unacceptable in an online gaming community.
    I await with dread the SSJGoku's and SSJ4Vegohan's soon to populate this game, dragging the average IQ down with them.
    Also, I like WoW, I enjoy playing WoW and discussing its mechanics, gameplay, and faults. However, when I'm on Aion, its really the farthest thing from my mind. Until I glance at the chat...

I look forward to joining up with you guys so I can chat with people without ever looking at general again.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    EZ wrote: »
    Where are all the asmos at??

At work.

Unemployed! :)
    :(

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I cant join up on the PAAion channel for some reason. Anyone on that can invite Armitage to the legion.

EZ on
    Steam ID:
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It makes cringe inside that those stereotypes have not been reviled enough to make them unacceptable in an online gaming community.
    I await with dread the SSJGoku's and SSJ4Vegohan's soon to populate this game, dragging the average IQ down with them.
    Also, I like WoW, I enjoy playing WoW and discussing its mechanics, gameplay, and faults. However, when I'm on Aion, its really the farthest thing from my mind. Until I glance at the chat...

I look forward to joining up with you guys so I can chat with people without ever looking at general again.

Just leave General chat. Right click on the tabs you want it removed from and uncheck channel 1.

It's heaven.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Just leave General chat. Right click on the tabs you want it removed from and uncheck channel 1.

It's heaven.

Truly, you are a light in the darkness that is the internet.

399831.jpg
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so how do i get my preorder stuff?

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

You send me 5 dollars and your account info :winky:

In reality you log into your NCSoft master account go to your aion page and under actions theres a link that says apply in-game items.
    follow directions
    ???
    Profit

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

In reality you log into your NCSoft master account go to your aion page and under actions theres a link that says apply in-game items.
    follow directions
    ???
    Profit

heh alright, my ncsoft accounts being a dick though and not letting me sign in

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

follow directions
    ???
    Profit

My connection was reset like 5 times through the process. just keep trying.

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

follow directions
    ???
    Profit

Keep trying it took me a while but it works eventually.

EZ on
    Steam ID:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    also can someone on ariel send me an invite to the witchaloks? the name is Gorhir

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To be fair, considering the game does have a share of hebrew and angelic themes, I don't think "Sephiroth" is an innapropriate name for this game. I actually wanted to take it, but I didn't want to be associated with the FF7 fanboy stereotype.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    CabeCabe Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, been following aion for a bit. Wondering if I can join you guys in game?

Cabe on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To be fair, considering the game does have a share of hebrew and angelic themes, I don't think "Sephiroth" is an innapropriate name for this game. I actually wanted to take it, but I didn't want to be associated with the FF7 fanboy stereotype.

I bet that's what the guy with the nickname was thinking too... :lol:

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Maytag wrote: »

But when Darth Gokurine shows up he won't have an excuse lol

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This in-game item application system is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't it automatically distribute this stuff based on the creation of my account and the serial used?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arrgh! Stupid time-dilation at work...

Neurotika on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Haha now that I think about, it's kind of a shame that the name has probably been taken from a generic FF7 fanboy who has no idea about the origin of the name.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Haha now that I think about, it's kind of a shame that the name has probably been taken from a generic FF7 fanboy who has no idea about the origin of the name.

Agreed, it would be appropriate were it not for pop culture and fanbois.

I remember back in the day I had a guild called the Seekers of Twilight, and we thought it was pretty cool sounding. Now, well the movie has fucked it up for all of us.

399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009

What is there to know? Sephiroth originated from FF7

DUH

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Relevent to the current topic, this just popped up in my chat log.
    Onewingedangel: are tehr any groups oth tere?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »

Holy shit I read that without any problem.

*cries*

Aumni on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

*cries*

just do what i do and consider it a language apart from English and its not so bad.

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

*cries*

just do what i do and consider it a language apart from English and its not so bad.

Good call, I should put that I'm bilingual in "faceroll" on all my job applications from here on out...

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ForceVoid wrote: »

*cries*

Good call, I should put that I'm bilingual in "faceroll" on all my job applications from here on out...

That'll get you almost any telemarketing job out there hahaha

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    4 hour queue after work = no play time for me.

Can't say I'm best pleased really.

I'm not usually one for melodrama but I refuse to keep paying for a game that I have to queue over even 10 minutes to play. They had best sort it out asap.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Spatalos EU

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Louie wrote: »

I'm not usually one for melodrama but I refuse to keep paying for a game that I have to queue over even 10 minutes to play. They had best sort it out asap.

We are still in the first 24 hours of launch (well, pre-launch anyways). For someone not prone to melodrama you're starting it rather early.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MeepZeroMeepZero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A buddy at work told me if you do your collectors edition freebies while logged into the game. A little guy runs up and hands it to you in game.

I must have conformation on this, I want to see tiny man run to me!

MeepZero on
    Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are the CE items/wings only for a single character, or your entire account?

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Unlimited times, but each character can only get them once.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cool the box just arrived in the mail here. I was worried it'd be late or something.

The figurine isn't as bad as I thought it would be. At least now Vault Boy has a girlfriend! :D

Aistan on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I haf queshtion. Boring question, but nonetheless:

Do IAS mods and weapon speed affect how fast you execute skills and chains of skills? And consequently does that mean that a person with an IAS'd greatsword can perform the gladiator knockdown combo faster than one with a polearm?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

We are still in the first 24 hours of launch (well, pre-launch anyways). For someone not prone to melodrama you're starting it rather early.

Sure thing pal, thanks for the critique.

I didn't say i was quitting - just hoping that it does get sorted as understandably I would not continue to want to play if I had to queue hours every time.

I know they do not want to have too many servers then be forced to close some in a few months however at the moment look around gaming news sites and you will see that the press they are getting is mixed. I for one will praise the stability of launch and their servers however you would have to be tapped in the head to think that a 4 hour queue at any time is even remotely acceptable.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm STILL waiting on my key that I preordered from direct2drive on Friday. Not a happy customer, but I don't know whether to blame NCsoft or D2D!

Morvidus on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

What is there to know? Sephiroth originated from FF7

DUH

I thought Sephiroth was some jewish thing.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "touched in the head"

And I would agree with you, a four hour wait time is unacceptable. Write a polite e-mail to NC Soft telling them that this situation, if prolonged, would cause you to cancel your subscription to the game even before you got your free month of game time has expired. That will get their attention, as all the whiner babies ever do is make random noises, but a polite and well worded document will catch someone's eye.

If push comes to shove though, you may have to choose a different server. Unless it's a line up to even open the game and select a server in the first place.

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Sure thing pal, thanks for the critique.

I didn't say i was quitting - just hoping that it does get sorted as understandably I would not continue to want to play if I had to queue hours every time.

I know they do not want to have too many servers then be forced to close some in a few months however at the moment look around gaming news sites and you will see that the press they are getting is mixed. I for one will praise the stability of launch and their servers however you would have to be tapped in the head to think that a 4 hour queue at any time is even remotely acceptable.

Have they come out anywhere and said that this is completely fine and they expect to keep it this way? Because you're certainly behaving like they did.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png