Options

[Aion] ITT we argue about MMO lore

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The fact that you cannot notice the self deprecating tones of my post along with acknowledging that people in queues get bored and need to rant speaks volumes about you.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The fact that you say one thing and then continue to do the complete opposite speaks volumes about you as well.

Go play another game or something while you wait.

Post by Louie regarding queues
    Louie wrote: »
    The fact that you cannot notice the self deprecating tones of my post along with acknowledging that people in queues get bored and need to rant speaks volumes about you.
    .... It's an interesting approach. I know I'm being really fucking cynical but I read this as "i can't play now but first to make sure you take me seriously, I'm not a dramatic person, but fuck this shit is stupid and I'm going to rant and get all nasty when dev's say they are looking for solutions to the issue I am having. But it's actually totally ok because I'm just joking and anybody who doesn't understand that is an idiot"

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I actually have to sleep for work in the morning so that's not an option. Will you be here to make sure no one complains about the queues when the east and west coasts of USA hit peak times?

Hopefully ncsoft will have some good data regarding the servers when the us headstart ends tomorrow, and can make some decisions rather than wait and see.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    SilvarisSilvaris Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    If anybody needs an invite to Witchaloks, myself (Severin) and Toebig will be on for awhile. Drop us a whisper.

edit: Nevermind, Toe's going out for dinner, I'll still be on for a while though.

Silvaris on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thousands of russian accounts have apparently been banned by NCsoft but no word yet on the reason. NCsoft support have been sending out emails saying it is due to fraud but it's possibly some EULA stuff to do with Innova who will be supplying a russian version of Aion towards the end of the year.

Fun times!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Louie wrote: »
    I actually have to sleep for work in the morning so that's not an option. Will you be here to make sure no one complains about the queues when the east and west coasts of USA hit peak times?

Hopefully ncsoft will have some good data regarding the servers when the us headstart ends tomorrow, and can make some decisions rather than wait and see.

I'll do what I can.

Though I must say on the server I'm on I just had no problem getting on.
    Adda wrote: »
    Thousands of russian accounts have apparently been banned by NCsoft but no word yet on the reason. NCsoft support have been sending out emails saying it is due to fraud but it's possibly some EULA stuff to do with Innova who will be supplying a russian version of Aion towards the end of the year.

Fun times!
    I logged on for about 30 minutes this morning and was already getting hit with gold-seller spam. Might have something to do with that.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    These seemed to be legit russian guilds going by the people I spoke to but they could be full of shit and botting for all I know :D

Actually I dont even know what they are saying anymore
    Situation is... We have a certain man (Engenii Yur'evich Fraud) who somehow, perhaps linked with Scully and Mulder and the largest theft of credit cards.Some people say that recently he had seen in the Czech Republic or on tahiti.Truth somewhere close to us, soon we shall find it.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Um, why are they gathering data for this again? I thought they released this 1 year ago in korea etc. Wouldn't that have given them data to model an ideal release?

joshua1 on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm logging on in a sec. If anyone needs an invite to the Asmo guild (Ariel, not Zikel!) contact Psycho in game.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just picked up the disc from GameStop. The box is sweet! The activation code is inside the quick reference book, by the way, though it doesn't work until tomorrow (and not needed til Wednesday, I believe).

I also noticed that on Aion Online you now can log in with your characters and see all sorts of info about them, e.g., Azphram. Nice.

How long til we start using the Legion website and forum instead?

Strato on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure we'll use both forums.

I'm actually going to copy/paste a thread I just put over there for discussion:
    So, I don't know what the situation is over on the Asmodean side but on the Elyos side we've got our level 2 Legion and all 60 slots are almost filled up.

I tried to get my alt in the Legion earlier and was told it probably wasn't a good idea for now; which is perfectly fine. Mains before alts IMO.

But the situation arises that some of us, myself included will play our "alts" just as much as our "mains" and it's pretty lonely in alt-ville with no Legion.

So I guess I have three things.

1)How much does the next Legion level cost; is it feasible at our levels.

2)Are there already a lot of alts in the Sorcelators, or are we all mains?

3)Maybe we should consider making an alt Legion and ally with the main. Simple enough just to name the Alt legion on Elyos Witchaloks and the Asmodean one Sorcelators to avoid confusion.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments, better ideas?

EDIT: The aion page won't let me select my characters.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited September 2009
    just a question.

I downloaded the client for the headstart, but now i am thinking I will get another account so lady girlfriend and I can play together. So, when i go and actually pick up my real copy of the the game, can I use that to install on a new pc, create a new account and let the gf use the existing one?

Or are the actual physical games tied to an individual account? (I don't want to pay 2x$99 and then 2x$20 bucks a month)

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Woah, nerding out and reading the server statistics for Yustiel reveals that the Asmodians have 9% of their pop at level 20+, vs. the 0% of elyos.

Interesting.

joshua1 on
  • Options
    AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Color me shocked at the population spread so far, looks like the emo's are universally more popular. Hairy ladies are making a comeback it seems.

Ashdrake on
    I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    joshua1 wrote: »
    Woah, nerding out and reading the server statistics for Yustiel reveals that the Asmodians have 9% of their pop at level 20+, vs. the 0% of elyos.

Interesting.

Seriously? When I look it says 1% for Asmo vs 0% for Elyos.

Rakeeth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Rakeeth wrote: »

Interesting.

Seriously? When I look it says 1% for Asmo vs 0% for Elyos.

Same for me, though they are working us on legion numbers. 118 to 195

Ashdrake on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I wonder whats going on there then. yeah, I saw those legion stats too. <Furries For Life> and <Twilight Fans> be damned.

joshua1 on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Holy crap that My Aion website lets you check the trade broker and mailbox, as well as level history, abyss ranking, friends, legion info...

Wow.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Alas it will not let me pick my main toon yet, says no charcters available. Yet I can check my auction items with them.

Ashdrake on
  • Options
    MaverikVMaverikV Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know, considering winged flight is kind of a major selling point of this game, there are an AWFUL lot of invisible walls and do-not-fly zones

MaverikV on
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Huh, i still see the level stats as elyos having no 20+..... are you guys sure you aren't checking the whole server level stats (which are 99% and 1%) instead of the elyos stats?

joshua1 on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wish we could the the class breakdown by faction.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Those statistics seem somewhat inaccurate as a whole. I would imagine after the actual launch and things settle down and ncsofts websites work correctly we'll get real info from them.

Makes me wonder why, say, Blizzard is so against putting out those kind of metrics for their servers. It's pretty useful information. I know several times I was rolling alts where I wasn't really set on a class/faction where knowing what I was going into would have been nicer than getting to 80 and finding out that paladins are the most represented class on the server.

Ah well.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Interesting.

It isn't correct. I am level 20 on Yustiel, almsot 21. There are probably a good 50 or so who are 20+ on at any time.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey, Witchaloks. Let's pick one. Also, gimme a hex for the background color along with your choice...

This is only until we upgrade to level 3, and then we'll upload a custom one and it will be sweet.
    afda2f111.png

Psychoish on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I like #6 with the snakes and purple bg. Looks like it's forming a 'W'. But it's hard to tell what it would look like on a different background.

Strato on
  • Options
    tejinitejini Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like 7 and the black background is nice, although plain white would look good. I'll finally be able to start tomorrow, so the Witchaloks will have their tank.

tejini on
    steam.php?id=tejini&pngimg=TVsrh&tborder=0

3ds Friend Code: 1375-7311-7639
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like 4, 5, 6, and 7.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Round 2:
    2j9a8ja11.png

mzv89z81.png

It's now between everything in the second image + the red eye.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Purple snakes looks perfect.

The wings one keeps reminding me of deer antlers. :)

Strato on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spiritmaster is stupidly fun when you get into a fast enough rhythm that you can keep your DP pet buff up almost permanently. That thing turns him from "kind of a crappy DoT" to "KNEEL MORTALS, FOR I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS" and it's great fun watching him and my DoTs turn stuff into mush.

16.5... just three more levels to Rifts. :D

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Went with the purple snakes. It's only temporary until the custom emblem, and I'm doing crossed Witchalok blades for that. It will be sexy.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Person who plays Xhaliel here.

I like the purple, the flower is different enough that it stands out.

edit: Witchalok blades, woot.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TraldanTraldan Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Well, level 18. Good enough for tonight. Can't wait to get into some PvP.

Traldan on
    Tral

Aion Flames
    Aion trash talking and more!
  • Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It has come to my attention that the Sorcelators legion is all full up. That's right, 60/60 slots have been filled, and we won;t be able to expand any more until we hit the Abyss. I would have been aware sooner, but I was doing my duty over with the Witchaloks raising funds for their level 2 jump.

So now, there are two orders of business to address.

1: We can not afford to have Alts in the Legion at the same time as Mains, there are too few slots for people to be double dipping. I know we all love having Alts, but some sacrifices have to be made. Please contact an officer with the name of your Alt so it can be removed, opening space for a new member to join. There will be room for more Alts in the future, so it's not like we're exiling them. :)

2: We're going to have to make a Second Legion on the Yustiel server. At the moment I have no names prepared for this second legion, so I need suggestions. My first thought would be Wolfoids, but that seems more like something for the Asmodian side of the war. So dig deep into those brains of yours and get to that creativity!

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    CostanzaK wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that the Sorcelators legion is all full up. That's right, 60/60 slots have been filled, and we won;t be able to expand any more until we hit the Abyss. I would have been aware sooner, but I was doing my duty over with the Witchaloks raising funds for their level 2 jump.

So now, there are two orders of business to address.

1: We can not afford to have Alts in the Legion at the same time as Mains, there are too few slots for people to be double dipping. I know we all love having Alts, but some sacrifices have to be made. Please contact an officer with the name of your Alt so it can be removed, opening space for a new member to join. There will be room for more Alts in the future, so it's not like we're exiling them. :)

2: We're going to have to make a Second Legion on the Yustiel server. At the moment I have no names prepared for this second legion, so I need suggestions. My first thought would be Wolfoids, but that seems more like something for the Asmodian side of the war. So dig deep into those brains of yours and get to that creativity!

I'm sure we'll use both forums.

I'm actually going to copy/paste a thread I just put over there for discussion:
    So, I don't know what the situation is over on the Asmodean side but on the Elyos side we've got our level 2 Legion and all 60 slots are almost filled up.

I tried to get my alt in the Legion earlier and was told it probably wasn't a good idea for now; which is perfectly fine. Mains before alts IMO.

But the situation arises that some of us, myself included will play our "alts" just as much as our "mains" and it's pretty lonely in alt-ville with no Legion.

So I guess I have three things.

1)How much does the next Legion level cost; is it feasible at our levels.

2)Are there already a lot of alts in the Sorcelators, or are we all mains?

3)Maybe we should consider making an alt Legion and ally with the main. Simple enough just to name the Alt legion on Elyos Witchaloks and the Asmodean one Sorcelators to avoid confusion.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments, better ideas?

EDIT: The aion page won't let me select my characters.

EDIT: I'd be happy to make the alt legion. I'm almost ascended with my soon-to-be ranger alt.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for doing that Dude, but I'd really like this expanded Legion to become permanent. And with permanency comes a bad-ass name. So if possible could you hold off for a day, or half a day? Let us come up with a Legion name that screams PA.

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well I think we threw "bad ass" out the window when we named our legions after ironically bad character types in the comics.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Somehow my current appearance, combined with the presence of my mystic lookin pet, makes me think of a chinese philosopher or astrologer or something
    chinesephilosopher.jpg

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've made an alt as well. Not in-legion, mind you, but an alt legion would be nice.

Alt Legion names (I don't know the character limit:

Lords of the God-Kings
    Androgynites
    Shadows of the Shadowdark
    Six Things Total
    Barnes and Noble Bloodbath

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D