As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ZOMBIE ON] Dead Rising revisited

123457»

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I still laugh a bit at the Zombie Genocider achievement.

[spoiler:27b423a76a]Kill 53,594 zombies, huh? Apparently the entire population of Willamette decided to go to the mall that day. Who knew?[/spoiler:27b423a76a]

Well, it is a pretty nice mall.

Apart from the whole zombie apocalypse stuff.
    just a shame it's full of fat, meat-eating 'merican scum!

*boot to the head*

That boot had better have been delivered in a glorious backflip-kick that knocked your target's head off.
    it was more of a Tae-Kwon-Leep style, but sure, we can throw in a backflip if necessary.

*boot to the head*

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:

[spoiler:88315e1b0a]Kill 53,594 zombies, huh? Apparently the entire population of Willamette decided to go to the mall that day. Who knew?[/spoiler:88315e1b0a]

*boot to the head*
    So I take it that the sequel features a japanese mall filled with fish eating japanese scum, whose fishing fleets scour the oceans clean of anything living there?

Gotta keep things equal here.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Silpheed wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:

[spoiler:cb68e10d15]Kill 53,594 zombies, huh? Apparently the entire population of Willamette decided to go to the mall that day. Who knew?[/spoiler:cb68e10d15]

*boot to the head*
    So I take it that the sequel features a japanese mall filled with fish eating japanese scum, whose fishing fleets scour the oceans clean of anything living there?

and everything's really, really tiny. Also, Frank's camera is a Polaroid.

Has there actually been any official news of a sequel? I've heard suggestions that a theme-park would be a great setting, and i can see no wrong with that. Would be sweet.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Silpheed wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:

[spoiler:c41b28b1e2]Kill 53,594 zombies, huh? Apparently the entire population of Willamette decided to go to the mall that day. Who knew?[/spoiler:c41b28b1e2]

*boot to the head*

and everything's really, really tiny. Also, Frank's camera is a Polaroid.

Has there actually been any official news of a sequel? I've heard suggestions that a theme-park would be a great setting, and i can see no wrong with that. Would be sweet.

The only mentioned was that the creator would like to set it at a resort, so he can do "research." But I think he was just kidding around.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, DR has been selling pretty well. I think they hit a million copies recently. It's Capcom and the story is all set up for a sequel, so I'd be genuinely surprised if there wasn't one.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007

The only mentioned was that the creator would like to set it at a resort, so he can do "research." But I think he was just kidding around.
    well something that allows extra sandbox mechanics ('research' i would hope would allow you to create new weapons/items, but i'm just clutching for straws here) would be pretty awesome.
    i've said it plenty, but i love how 'zombies' are the enemy. In your Resident Evil-style games, each individual zombie is some kind of a challenge to take down (even if it's not a particularly big one). In Dead Rising, a single zombie is nothing. Even a couple of zombies is nothing. It's zombies as a large, shambling group that are the problem, and that's what makes traversing the mall a task. I hate fetch quests, but there's something that feels so right about having to cross zombie-infested territory to gather things.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, uh, anyone know the answer to this?

[spoiler:40fff5cc02]Okay, so I just played through my 2nd time, but instead of doing the cases I just fought psychopaths and rescued people. I'm level 42 and I really want to get the level 50 achievement. If I start infinity mode and save, will it erase my 72-Hour character? I don't want to be so close then lose it all. I guess I could try for the Zombie Genocider until that time...[/spoiler:40fff5cc02]

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I forgot if I mentioned it in this thread, but capcom is turning DR into a franchise, so there is definantly going to be a sequel.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I forgot if I mentioned it in this thread, but capcom is turning DR into a franchise, so there is definantly going to be a sequel.
    :O
    sauce?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I am level 20, and I havent been doing the story, I just want to max out all my stats and then go back and do the story and all the other extras.

So far I got to 20 from doing straight up hostage runs, but is there another way? Is there a place with a massive amount of zombies with easy access to things that with slaughter them?

I dont have access to much, my story is just up to Odd Old Man

Aretè on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Aretè wrote:
    So I am level 20, and I havent been doing the story, I just want to max out all my stats and then go back and do the story and all the other extras.

So far I got to 20 from doing straight up hostage runs, but is there another way? Is there a place with a massive amount of zombies with easy access to things that with slaughter them?

I dont have access to much, my story is just up to Odd Old Man

What day are you on? I don't know if the yellow coated fellows show up if you don't follow the story, but if they do, they're some real yummy xp right there.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You could always try [spoiler:878223ebf6]the maintenance tunnels. Get a car and go to town. Also helps you get the zombie genocider acheivement. Although your best bet is to fight psychopaths and rescue people.[/spoiler:878223ebf6]

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just found that area! And yes I got the yellow guys, it seems a lot of things are based on how much time is left as well and not just the story.

time to go kill some shit

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:

well something that allows extra sandbox mechanics ('research' i would hope would allow you to create new weapons/items, but i'm just clutching for straws here) would be pretty awesome.

No, you misunderstood the comment..

He wanted to set it at a resort, so he'd have to go to various resorts and gather "research" about them: i.e. it would be an excuse for him (the creator) to spend lots of time lounging around on tropical islands.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:

No, you misunderstood the comment..

He wanted to set it at a resort, so he'd have to go to various resorts and gather "research" about them: i.e. it would be an excuse for him (the creator) to spend lots of time lounging around on tropical islands.
    so i go from 0 to 'tangent' in 3 seconds. Awesome.
    Well, i'm sure they'll make it an awesome game, as long as they expand on the right parts of the first and set it somewhere good.

edit: as you can likely tell, i took 'so he can do research' to mean Frank does some kind of research, rather than the dev team.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Setting it on an island resort would be great fodder for some more ridiculous weaponry...coconuts, sun loungers, beach balls... You could even kick sand in zombie's faces. :D

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Setting it on an island resort would be great fodder for some more ridiculous weaponry...coconuts, sun loungers, beach balls... You could even kick sand in zombie's faces. :D
    dig pits in the sand then lure them in.. then bury them..
    it'd be long-winded, but i'd sure waste a few hours doing that.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited January 2007
    i'd rather have another metropolitan area than an island, perhaps part of a city that's been quarantined by the army?

bongi on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    An island resort sounds fine. Frank could do with a holiday in the sun after all he's been through. :)

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    sauce?
    It just passed a million copies sold, and Capcom have never been shy of making sequels of popular games.

bruin on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bruin wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    sauce?
    It just passed a million copies sold, and Capcom have never been shy of making sequels of popular games.

No, he's actually talking about an official statement:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/dead-rising/surprise-dead-rising-to-rise-again-227877.php
    Capcom wrote:
    When you're at the front-end of a hardware cycle, people are willing to take more of an experiment in what games they'll try. Bringing out Dead Rising has allowed us to establish a new franchise that we can use for years to come.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Recoil42 wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    sauce?

Nope, he's talking about an official statement:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/dead-rising/surprise-dead-rising-to-rise-again-227877.php
    Capcom wrote:
    When you're at the front-end of a hardware cycle, people are willing to take more of an experiment in what games they'll try. Bringing out Dead Rising has allowed us to establish a new franchise that we can use for years to come.
    well that right there is excellent news to me.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    capnricocapnrico Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The next one should be in an amusement park.

capnrico on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    capnrico wrote:

Island resort with amusement park.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the far future

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future
    In the year 3000 to be precise.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    With...dare I say it...

snakes on the plain.

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    titmouse wrote:
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future

Starring Bender.

Blakout on
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blakout wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future

Starring Bender.

With blackjack.

GimeC on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    GimeC wrote:
    Blakout wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future

Starring Bender.

With blackjack.

And hookers.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GimeC wrote:
    Blakout wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future

Starring Bender.

With blackjack.

And hookers.
    And space dinosaurs?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Seriously though, the Amusement park idea is fantastic, if for no other reason than there needs to be a zoo in the next game.

Zombie critters FTW.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I dunno, I'm still getting over that zombie elephant from RE Outbreak File#2.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Seriously though, the Amusement park idea is fantastic, if for no other reason than there needs to be a zoo in the next game.

Zombie critters FTW.
    instead of psychopaths, giant enemy zombie wildlife? i could see it working. As long as the park was still populated with thousands of standard, easily-killable zombie fodder.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    How it should be.
    oddment wrote:
    Outbreak wasn't all bad... it had its good points, its just the PAL version shipped with no online play, which was rather daft, and by the time File 2 shipped, no-one was really interested to play it online anyway. Theres no voice chat, which yes, may spoil the atmos, but wud make playing a heck of a lot easier, especially if sound only travelled a certain distance in the game, so u cudn't just casually chat with someone in another building.
    The AI was really terrible, so offline play was just a bit frustrating, and with no-one really playing it online (here anyway), it just had no purpose.

I always said they'd have been better waiting and just bringing out an online RE game set across the whole of Racoon City, with missions to do and bosses and stuff, and perhaps 16 players per server... so u cud split into teams to do stuff, etc...

Anyway, Left 4 Dead looks like it might just be what RE: Outbreak should have been.

And yeh Dark Warrior, I agree... that'd b a great game! Especially online. Like a mix of Dead Rising, Dead Rush, Resident Evil 2, Dawn Of The Dead... but all online. Mmmmm...

Indeed, kinda like Freedom Fighters. Go out, happen across a scream, go and save some survivor. Maybe they're bitten. Do you let them live out their remaining life ala that hot chicks dad from the new DOTD then waste them or just take htem out before they become a risk. Not notice a hidden bite and they go rabid and infect your campers? Uh oh. Find cars, take em back and store em, kit em up for better protection, collect wine and stuff like in LOTD and sell them for cash to upgrade weapons and improve things around the place. Grow from a shopping mall and begin building outwards until theres a full on shanty town of survivors for you to defend while you struggle just to save yourself from the onslaught.
    I got money from LOTD. When there is a social infrastructure money does have value since you keep exchanging it for things. It still works somehow. Need a society of sorts though.

EDIT: In addition as you build up you'd start off with some basic fencing to stop zombies just wandering in and eating people. Then eventually you could save an electrician and assign some fairly useless people to him who with a few days training become electricians who then start running a generator you found and suddenly you now have electrified fences, tv to keep people calm, lighting and such for defences and just to make you feel a little safer in the base itself at night.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    rented it yesterday, this game is really fucking hard.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    OccisorsanOccisorsan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    GimeC wrote:
    Blakout wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Recoil42 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    capnrico wrote:

on the moon
    in the future

Starring Bender.

With blackjack.

And hookers.
    And space dinosaurs?

That are zombies.

Occisorsan on
    The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Hile!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    rented it yesterday, this game is really fucking hard.
    i didn't find it too hard unless i made it hard for myself. You don't have to get to all, if any, of Otis' missions that he throws at you. You don't even have to do the case files if you don't want. You can just run around, killing zombies, rescuing the occasional person and earn your Prestige Points, then save your character/die/reach an ending of some kind, and start again with a better character.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png