As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Return of the Creepiest thing you've ever seen?

• Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright, my psychic mini-experiment is on. At 5pm EST (about 50 minutes from now) I'll concentrate on an object in my presence for 3 minutes. Your task is to tell me something (anything) about this object.

For those of you wanting a focus, here's my mugshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/c8jJEVaNn

I'm in an office cube in Okemos, MI. After giving people 5 minutes or so to post their impressions, I'll reveal the object of my attention. The countdown is on people! Remember to take off your tinfoil hat, or this may not work.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A clever ploy, but my tinfoil hat will remain firmly planted on my head.

You nearly had me, though.

nescientist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My plan is foiled.

(The Army remote viewing manual, for those interested: http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/)

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Game on people.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Game on people.

Red and cylindrical?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The object of my attention (and desire):

f40fe5b4-ae15-44a9-8b71-8e1ae688522c_5237c17e-d1d1-4b32-83bb-4085947aba26_static_0_0_11_08_2007%2005_04%20PM.png

zenpotato on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Awesome! I was half right! And the contents of said package are vaguely cylindrical.
    (I was thinking you were lusting after Coke)

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was creepy. I actually was occupied at 5 and couldn't concentrate on anything (or post about it anyway) but I would love it if you did another such experiment.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I just may. If I do, I'll start a new thread with a bunch of links with resources.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do it, that might be fun.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So has anyone seen the commercials for the next set of "8 films to Die for"? Seems like one of them involves those Shadow People from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the begining of the thread.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sigh. The computer lab i'm in just emptied. I'm now alone at 4:13 AM in a large, quiet and seemingly empty dorm watching the scary films previously mentioned. Double sigh.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sigh. The computer lab i'm in just emptied. I'm now alone at 4:13 AM in a large, quiet and seemingly empty dorm watching the scary films previously mentioned. Double sigh.

They are behind you

they want to show you things

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No, that's just a hobo exposing himself. It's the Black Eyed Kids at the door that he should be worried about.
    Don't let them in.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, that's just a hobo exposing himself. It's the Black Eyed Kids at the door that he should be worried about.
    Don't let them in.

they will show you such pretty things

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Couscous on
  • Options
    X5X5 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The object of my attention (and desire):

f40fe5b4-ae15-44a9-8b71-8e1ae688522c_5237c17e-d1d1-4b32-83bb-4085947aba26_static_0_0_11_08_2007%2005_04%20PM.png

I know its total Bogus, but I looked at your pic and was just randomly flashing images in my minds eye and a recurring image of you holding a single reeses pieces candy keep going through my mind.

Odd that the real object was chocolatety, peanut buttery, and yummy.

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What kind of fucked up Kit Kat's have you been buying? Peanut butter?

jotate on
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy shit.

I am never ever getting french doors installed.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    X5X5 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    jotate wrote: »
    What kind of fucked up Kit Kat's have you been buying? Peanut butter?

aren't kit kats peaunt butter between the wafers? Or am I completely mistaken?

edit: Nope I'm wrong, just delicious wafers

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat
    It consists of bars composed of three layers of creme-filled wafer, covered in an outer layer of chocolate.
    UK: Milk chocolate (66%) (sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, dried skimmed milk, whey powder, butterfat, vegetable fat, lactose, emulsifier (soya lecithin), flavouring), wheat flour, sugar, vegetable fat, cocoa mass, yeast, raising agent (sodium bicarbonate), salt, calcium sulfate (a.k.a Gypsum), flavouring. At November 2006 the UK 4 finger Kitkat contained 233 dietary calories (kcal) (975 kilojoules).

USA: sugar, wheat flour, cocoa butter, nonfat milk, chocolate, refined palm kernel oil, lactose, milk fat, soy lecithin, PGPR (emulsifier), yeast, artificial flavor, salt, sodium bicarbonate.

I do recall there being a "with peanut butter" form of Kit Kat, but the originals aren't.

jotate on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    X5 wrote: »
    I know its total Bogus, but I looked at your pic and was just randomly flashing images in my minds eye and a recurring image of you holding a single reeses pieces candy keep going through my mind.

Odd that the real object was chocolatety, peanut buttery, and yummy.

I did eat a peanut butter cup over lunch yesterday. And it was yummy.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Alright. This is creepy as hell.

About a month ago, I ordered a Triops kit from ThinkGeek. In case you don't know what a Triops is, they're like Sea Monkeys, but they can grow quite big and I think they're a lot cooler. They look like this. (They're quite creepy, but that's not the creepy part).

I just wanted to try it out and see if it was cool...I never had sea monkeys when I was a kid, so maybe that's why I was interested in it. Regardless, it worked, of course, and I had a few hatch, but only one survived for more than two weeks. He grew pretty damn big, and then this morning I noticed him tail up on the bottom of the tank (also, I noticed a new hatchling swimming around, so it laid its eggs before it died!).

I tell my girlfriend about it, and we started halfway joking about giving him a burial, and we decided to do it. We didn't really have anything to bury him in, but we did have this coconut shell, so I lined it with paper towels, put him in there and closed it up. I nailed two pieces of wood together to make a little cross with his name written on it (sometimes I have this thing I do where I go over the top for no real reason), and then I go outside. I grab a shovel, pick a good spot, shove it into the ground, and...

A huge clap of thunder. The first I heard all day.

Alright. I move the dirt, then go get the coconut to see if the hole's big enough. It's kinda shallow, so I kick the shovel into the ground again.

Another clap of thunder, fucking louder this time, right as I do it.

This is getting creepy, but...I can't stop now, right? The hole needs to be a little bit deeper. So I kick the shovel again.

Lightning, right above my head, an even louder clap of thunder, and then it starts pouring down rain.

I toss the coconut into the hole, kick dirt over it and run the fuck inside.

Penny Arcade, did I just unknowingly commit some sort of occult ritual?

Taximes on
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It seems more likely, to me, that you were unknowingly attempting to bury some kind of Triop god. Have you checked to see if it was really dead? Or if it has since come back to life / unlife?

Tarantio on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think you just buried a star-spawn of Cthulhu.

On a related note, Triops are fucking creepy in themselves. I'd never heard of them till you linked that Wiki article, and now I wish I could un-see them.

Edit: Holy shit guys have you heard of this I am never going in the water again

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You should watch the deep-sea episode of Planet Earth. One of the segments features that. It's pretty fucking creepy.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A vampiric, deep-sea, bioluminescent squid with the ability to hypnotize its prey? Somewhere, H.P. Lovecraft's ghost is sobbing uncontrollably.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Eddie, that was a truly awesome story.

I'm deathly afraid of any and all kinds of stinging insects so something like that would probably make me petrified with fear. But excellent work with the wasp genocide.

Also good story Taximes.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think you just buried a star-spawn of Cthulhu.

Quite possibly the best response ever.

L|ama on
  • Options
    CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Don't let them in.

they will show you such pretty things

I was around when that shit happened, Ground Zero. At the time It had not been dis-proven. I watched the video.

Was so sketched-out, paranoid and just generally scared for the rest of the night.

However, its progression was interesting to say the least.

CrimsonKing on
    This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • Options
    EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Actually that Triops probably wasn't even dead. Most swimming sea creatures (I'm pretty sure this includes Triops) all have a 'swim bladder' full of air with which they check their balance, and control their buoyancy.

It's common for people who own sea creatures as pets to overfeed them. This results in them getting constpated and filling up with gas, thus making them way too bouyant and floating to the surface, unmoving. People often mistake them for dead, and many fish are actually killed this way.

Best thing for it is to just leave it for a few days without food. It'll likely just get better and start swimming naturally again. If it doesn't after such a period, then yeah, it's dead.

Either way, your Triops may not be dead.
    It may be outside.
    Angry.
    Waiting for you.

EddieDean on
  • Options
    MidViciousMidVicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A vampiric, deep-sea, bioluminescent squid with the ability to hypnotize its prey? Somewhere, H.P. Lovecraft's ghost is sobbing uncontrollably.

I'm sorry, but there's only one water-born creature that scares the living Christ out of me.

Ladies & gentlemen...

The Toothpick Fish.

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh man.

Never going to the Amazon.

Ever.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MidVicious wrote: »

Oh dear lord.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Man, that Toothpick Fish website doesn't work for me at all. It loads the no images, no colors/fonts, barely any links version of what looks to be a blog.

jotate on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    EddieDean wrote: »
    Actually that Triops probably wasn't even dead. Most swimming sea creatures (I'm pretty sure this includes Triops) all have a 'swim bladder' full of air with which they check their balance, and control their buoyancy.

It's common for people who own sea creatures as pets to overfeed them. This results in them getting constpated and filling up with gas, thus making them way too bouyant and floating to the surface, unmoving. People often mistake them for dead, and many fish are actually killed this way.

Best thing for it is to just leave it for a few days without food. It'll likely just get better and start swimming naturally again. If it doesn't after such a period, then yeah, it's dead.

Either way, your Triops may not be dead.
    It may be outside.
    Angry.
    Waiting for you.

Possible, but...I mean, when I was trying to get him out of the tank with the scoop, he was casually floating all over the place in a definitely dead way.

Taximes on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    jotate wrote: »
    Man, that Toothpick Fish website doesn't work for me at all. It loads the no images, no colors/fonts, barely any links version of what looks to be a blog.

It's a little fish that tracks fish by their urine residue in the water then swims into their gills, anchors with its spines, gnaws at an artery, swells up with blood, then swims away. The problem is that sometimes when a farmer goes into the water and takes a leak, the toothpick fish can't tell the difference, so attacks the urethra.

Hilarity ensues.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and that the fish gorges itself so much that it can't get out of your penis, and so you you spend an excruciating 3 days waiting for surgery or waiting for some "home remedy" to work it's magic.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh god enough! D:

jotate on
  • Options
    Dominic DragonDominic Dragon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    L|ama wrote: »
    http://www6.evilshare.com/84c4bee6-db9c-102a-9309-00a0c993e9d6

Original recording of the bit from the Art Bell show that tool use on faaip de oiad.

I HOPE that was fake. It always made sense to me and scared me (if they exist, which I hope they don't)that "extraterrestrials" were really just from a different dimension. If that's the case, that would be easier and more plausible than space travel. That clip had some really scary and interesting bits, especially the part where he talks about "the precursor to the space program" making contact with the evil beings. Every conspiracy theory under the sun talks about aliens blending in and taking control that way, but that too makes more sense than an ID4 invasion :P because it would be much easier than fighting a long war.

Dominic Dragon on
This discussion has been closed.