As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Trading Cards - Meetup After Closing Ceremonies At PAX

1131415161719»

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, Dave is a stand up guy.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I came into this whole thing late, made my cards thursday morning of the con with help from a nice lady who worked at the kinkos in the Hynes. I handed mine out to only two people, while I was drunk on the ground during the pokecrawl. So, mine were limited edition, I guess.

Rex Beavers on
    edited March 2010
    I'm so pissed I missed the trading card meets. I only got a handful of cards. I'll probably end up bringing the same ones to PAX East next year, just because I have SO MANY.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I agree with Moe. I have enforcer cards and that is about it. I heard there was ameetup everyday at 6 but the issue with this is i was on shift. I have a ton of cards left so yep if anyone needs a card i will have them next year.

Singollo on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I'm so pissed I missed the trading card meets. I only got a handful of cards. I'll probably end up bringing the same ones to PAX East next year, just because I have SO MANY.

I think i got 19 cards or something like that, and I left 35 with Dave....so that leaves me with just under half of the hundred I started with. Not sure what I'll do with em all, i suppose they'll come along to PAX Prime.

Kjeldor on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    First of all, thanks a bunch for everyone who was able to take part in this. I apologize for the people who weren't able to collect as many as they liked.

I am going through my PAX swag and will be posting a list of the cards I have. I have no problem mailing the cards out to people to help them complete their set. (If you live in NJ/NY/PA you can even come pick them up and have a drink with me!) If you would like me to marshal your cards to the appropriate people send me a PM and I will add you to the list of available cards.

In a couple days I will be starting a brain-storming thread for the trading cards, and also gauging interest in doing cards next year.

PeasantDave on
  • MankMank Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I also didn't get to attend any of the meet-ups and was only able to get one card! :( However, I was lucky enough to spot the binder when I had to use the bathroom during the set break during the Friday night concerts, so at least Mike and Jerry can appreciate my pretty face. :winky:

MANK

Mank on
  • ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would love to do a trade up somehow. I only got 19 or so. =(

I loved the idea though.

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dave I owe you a drink for what you did, not just for the trading card thing, but for childs play.

Since Im never too far from the shore, I think this summer looks like a good time for it.

On another note:

Anyone who didnt get my card and wants it, let me know and I'll mail it out.

ZeroHourHero on
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shervyn!!! Crap, I never got one of your cards :( PM me your address and I'll send you my card if you can send me your card :)

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whoa they gave you a Core i7? Very cool of you to give it back. I would have, too, but only because I would have to buy the parts to fit it and that shits expensive :-x

Goose! on
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My final Card haul I ended up with 32 including my own.
    PAXEastTradingCards.jpg

ikelewis on
    edited April 2010
    ikelewis wrote: »
    My final Card haul I ended up with 32 including my own.
    PAXEastTradingCards.jpg

Ok either you are an enforcer or you managed to get an enforcer to nab my card for you as you have mine yet i don't have yours.

Singollo on
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am an Enforcer, either that or Dave picked it up for me.

ikelewis on
  • Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I missed out on the second two meetings, but will be happy to mail out my card to anyone that didn't get it..

EDIT: There's a package on it's way to Dave containing a bunch of my cards, but if you just need me, the offer still stands.

Joedel263 on
    edited April 2010
    ikelewis wrote: »
    I am an Enforcer, either that or Dave picked it up for me.

Thats how you got mine them as me and a few other enforcers left are cards to be grabbed.

Singollo on
  • ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    Shervyn!!! Crap, I never got one of your cards :( PM me your address and I'll send you my card if you can send me your card :)

Would love to (will PM you my addy)...but since I was stuck in CCFP I sent Apechow with all of mine and he left most of them with Peasant Dave so I only have one spare left.

:?

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
    edited April 2010
    I will be putting up the list of cards I can mail out tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

PeasantDave on
    edited April 2010
    Man, I want to mail out cards and get more cards in return, but I don't want to mail cards to a million places.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    Man, I want to mail out cards and get more cards in return, but I don't want to mail cards to a million places.

Mail them to me, then.

PeasantDave on
    edited April 2010
    Dave, are you volunteering to be a hub for cards to be sent out to and assortments of cards be sent back? Because if you are, that's awesome, and if you're not, well it's a lot of work and I understand.

Also, kudos on your selflessness during the presentation of the buttons. Did anybody get video of that?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    Dave, are you volunteering to be a hub for cards to be sent out to and assortments of cards be sent back? Because if you are, that's awesome, and if you're not, well it's a lot of work and I understand.

Also, kudos on your selflessness during the presentation of the buttons. Did anybody get video of that?

Yes, I am volunteering to be the trading card hub for mailings. So everyone PM me to get my address if you have extra cards.

I do not know if anyone has a video of the card presentation.

PeasantDave on
  • MoonVydeoMoonVydeo Lord Moon Enforcer at Large Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The curse of being the Expo Hall Deputy Manager, I missed all the meet-ups. :(

MoonVydeo on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got video of the card presentation. I was in the balcony directly above Dave.
    I'll see if the audio came out. If it did, I'll try to render out that chunk and stick it in tha innarwebs today on lunch.

macrogeek on
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know there were a decent amount of cards that I missed. I shall be throwing a stack at Dave tomorrow for distribution to the masses with the masses of other cards he has. Though I'll probably also help with distribution if need be. Note: If you see neat handwriting on the envelope, it's Dave...if it looks like chicken scrawl, it's me.

zezspecs on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Video is up on my site. I'll get a copy over to YouTube at some point as well.
    http://www.rawrphoto.com/Events/PAX-East-2010/11635080_xPaWz#824985365_yV9RB-A-LB

macrogeek on
  • Bigtoy_JBigtoy_J Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    macrogeek wrote: »
    Video is up on my site. I'll get a copy over to YouTube at some point as well.
    http://www.rawrphoto.com/Events/PAX-East-2010/11635080_xPaWz#824985365_yV9RB-A-LB

Great video! Dave you got class!!

Bigtoy_J on
    Love George Bernard Shaw quotations.

Also, I can count to "boat".
  • JonnyBrokenBonesJonnyBrokenBones Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was really pleased with the way cardsharks turned out, and this being my first PAX it gave me something to look forward to in addition to whatever was happening at the show. And in the end it turned into a pretty sizeable donation toward a good cause.

Three cheers for peasant dave for getting things started, and to everyone who participated in the card trade this time around :)

Add me to the list of people who can aid the photoshop impaired in making cards for next year

JonnyBrokenBones on
    edited April 2010
    Here is the list of cards I have a lot of:

Peasant Dave
    zezspecs
    Bigtoy Jay
    Rot26
    Shervyn
    JonnyBrokenBones
    Kjeldor
    Ike Lewis
    Dardor
    Vaulter85
    Jess-O
    Cookie Brigade
    Macrogeek
    Goose!
    Srol

Here is what I have a couple of:

Jamers
    Kevin
    Handshakefulness
    itzerocewl

Send me a PM with your home address and what you need, and I will mail it out. If you would like to distribute cards to other people through me just ask for my address. I have also updated the checklist with the final card names and numbers. Also let me know if your card didn't get into the binder for Gabe and Tycho.

PeasantDave on
    edited April 2010
    Dave, I still need to send you mine. PM me your address so I know where to send these monsters.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When are the Prime things gonna get rollin'?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited April 2010
    I believe the plan is to do button trading for Prime, but we have plenty of time to plan.

PeasantDave on
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to send a bunch of my cards to Dave, but if anyone who doesn't have mine would like to trade with me directly, just send me a PM and we'll exchange addresses. I know I always loved having pen pals!

DreadPirateAmy on
  • dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still have a stack of my own cards as well, so if you're not getting any from Dave but still need mine, you can PM me for them directly.

Also, Dave's having a get-together at his place this Friday for those who can pick up cards in person...which of course I can't make ><

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
This discussion has been closed.