As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle: Season 8 : Well I Guess It Wasn't Named Beckett For a Reason

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Things that are awesome: I understood the Russian before Becket translated. Woot!

So they actually said what she said they said? (Wow that was a tongue twister). I always wonder when they do a foreign language if they are even saying anything like the translation comes out to be.

More or less. I couldn't tell you if was 100% accurate, but what the Russians said was understandable.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wasn't this supposed to be on tonight?

Yes. I watched it at its scheduled time. Entertaining enough episode.

Ketar on
  • Options
    AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I loved the whole bet side story.

Aeolusdallas on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I loved the whole bet side story.

Yeah it was funny at first becketts outrage, and then seeing the money and figuring they could win she was in.

I think it helps that even though the murders are serious bidness the show is fairly light in how the characters deal with them (like castle more interested in the coroners dress than the body). Also I hope the other male coroner sticks around I don't recall him from season 1.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I've still yet to give this a shot. Is Fillion basically Mal without a ship? Or does he create a different character for the role?

He's more half Captain Hammer, half Shawn from Psych

I'd say what makes Fillion so great in this one is that the dude is obviously loving the hell out of his role, and having a great time playing the character. This is a trait that pretty much the entire cast seems to share, which is one of the reasons why I think this show works so well.
    Things that are awesome: I understood the Russian before Becket translated. Woot!

So they actually said what she said they said? (Wow that was a tongue twister). I always wonder when they do a foreign language if they are even saying anything like the translation comes out to be.
    It's totally dependent on how much effort they want to put into getting it right, or if any random string of non English syllables will do.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think last night's episode may be one of my favorites so far.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    He also murdered the English language as well. lol

I never thought a grammar Nazi could be so hilarious.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    clsCorwin wrote: »

That was a funny line as was his correction of Irony with the one suspect. It's like the writers have engaged in some internet foruming in their day.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

That was a funny line as was his correction of Irony with the one suspect. It's like the writers have engaged in some internet foruming in their day.

But grammar doesn't have a life to loose

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "It was even an easy one, not like 'who' and 'whom'".

Then, later: "To who?" "Whom."

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Lose. And it's a metaphor, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »

Yeah that line cracked me up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Lose. And it's a metaphor, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Joke comprehension fail

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »

"Who's conning whom here?"

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love how the bathroom scene there just kept building on itself like that

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I loved this episode.

This is now straight-up my favourite show on TV.

I'd also like to be able to use shut the front door in everyday conversation, but I would not be able to pull it off nearly as well as Beckett.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I'd also like to be able to use shut the front door in everyday conversation, but I would not be able to pull it off nearly as well as Beckett.

I'm still trying to work "Bam said the Lady" into atleast one conversation a day.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2009

I'm still trying to work "Bam said the Lady" into atleast one conversation a day.

I don't seem to recall that line.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This episode just earned Save Until I Delete status.

Thai food, is pleasing, to the toad.

Bobble on
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    holy crap, tonight's episode was awesome. This show is so much fun.

fshavlak on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    By the way that sex scene in the book is off by two pages. Heat Wave is actually pretty good so far. It's totally weird because as you read it you really get a feel for where Castle drew his inspiration from.

Then you realize that he's not real and you're reading a fiction book written by a fictional character which causes your head to explode.

@Witch Doctor: First episode of the season I belive. It's Nathan Fillion's personal catch phrase that he created.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Heh, and I was such a stickler that I was annoyed by the fact that, after secretly reading the book for so long and spending a night reading it in the tub, she still wasn't 105 pages in?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "He's not a conman....he's in the CIA"

"Best case ever!"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ModainModain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I came here to post some sort of variant of the last five posts. Well done lads and/or lasses.

Modain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

"Best case ever!"

"I hate this case."

"I know isn't it great?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Another thing I like about the show is how light hearted it all is. It's a procedural but we don't have speeches ever 5 seconds about how every victim is important or that crime isn't funny or blah blah blah whine.

Also no csi/bones magic bullshit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Heh, and I was such a stickler that I was annoyed by the fact that, after secretly reading the book for so long and spending a night reading it in the tub, she still wasn't 105 pages in?

Wait, the scene was on 105? I thought he said 110. *checks his copy of the book* The scene does start on 105. *HEADEXPLODE*

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

"Best case ever!"

I loved when that happened a few times and eventually Beckett just cut him off with "Don't say ANYTHING."

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

She was taking her time as evidenced by the bath and wine. Myself I read fast as all get out but my wife takes her time, it would make sense for her to not be speed reading. If anything just to piss castle off.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well they establish in the first episode that she's a huge fan of his books, so she seems to be secretly savoring it. Especially since it's based off her.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love the especially surreal cia agent. The show seems to be dipping its toe into the water of straightforward oddness much more strongly.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Best. Episode. Evar.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love the especially surreal cia agent. The show seems to be dipping its toe into the water of straightforward oddness much more strongly.

he killed a man with a melon baller!

fshavlak on
  • Options
    TheMarshalTheMarshal Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Leave.

NOW

TheMarshal on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    fshavlak wrote: »

he killed a man with a melon baller!

Ice cream scoop.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, one of friends showed me this on thusday. By Sunday, I had watched the entire first season and caught up to Season 2. So good.
    Another thing I like about the show is how light hearted it all is. It's a procedural but we don't have speeches ever 5 seconds about how every victim is important or that crime isn't funny or blah blah blah whine.

Also no csi/bones magic bullshit.

Thats what I really enjoy. Its about the people, not the science. It's got a great supporting cast (having the intelligent daughter was brilliant), its not gorey (GF safe), and its funny. I really hope this goes for a long run, I really do.

It does strike me as basically "Bones: Whedon's Other Leading Man" but I don't care cause I'm enjoying it too much.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought you guys would appreciate this.

It's Richard Castle's Halloween costume, apparently.
    castlepeek.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No way.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If that is true

Really if that is true, someone or everyone on Castle is awesome

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I mean, the show's pretty awesome as is.

This would be, man, I don't even know what. I refuse to get my hopes up.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]