As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New CRACKDOWN videos!

13»

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Ugh, you can only play it co-op in system link or over X-box live... :(
    say whut? no splitscreen?

Nope, the splitscreen is just for system link. :(
    damned shame :( i was looking forward to some splitscreen co-op craziness. Now i have to persuade someone else i know to get a 360.
    Ah, I already knew this, was confirmed a while back. I thought the split-screen video might have confused folks. I have loads of my buds on Live now anyway.

I don't think split-screen would work terribly well for a game this huge anyway. You need a full field of vision and that doesn't even begin to deal with the streaming problems that would occur if you had to load opposite sides of the world on one 360 simultaneously.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Taramoor wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

damned shame :( i was looking forward to some splitscreen co-op craziness. Now i have to persuade someone else i know to get a 360.
    Ah, I already knew this, was confirmed a while back. I thought the split-screen video might have confused folks. I have loads of my buds on Live now anyway.

I don't think split-screen would work terribly well for a game this huge anyway. You need a full field of vision and that doesn't even begin to deal with the streaming problems that would occur if you had to load opposite sides of the world on one 360 simultaneously.

They should split the tv diagonally, that way you still get a larger field of vision in the middle of your screen... :|

Anyway, i think the game looks alright but i dont think it looks as good as saints row (i know slightly different games but same genre so hard not to compare). Then again saints row didnt lok particularly great on the videos either.

The animations are worrying me though, especially the jumping one. Also, the game doesnt seem to have a slow running animation, its just the fast one slowed down.

I do like the whole hectic gameplay thing, something that suits the targeting system they have well. As much as i like how saints row handled aiming i dont think it would work well in a game like this where theres so much going on at once.

swift on
    nexx360.png
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    swift wrote:
    The animations are worrying me though, especially the jumping one. Also, the game doesnt seem to have a slow running animation, its just the fast one slowed down.

I do like the whole hectic gameplay thing, something that suits the targeting system they have well. As much as i like how saints row handled aiming i dont think it would work well in a game like this where theres so much going on at once.

Aye, as seen in the videos, with 20 people all shooting at you, aiming sedduenly seems very important. Plus, you can still aim without the lock-on, which is activated with the left trigger.

As for the "no slow running animation", I think that is actually not true, it is just that you go from stand-still to RUUUNNN! very quickly, in the blink of an eye. In the linking animation cycles there is a semi-run with less arm movement, while you gather speed. Mind you, it only lasts like .5 of a second, so I could be wrong.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

wanting it really bad to not interested. :(

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scootch wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

wanting it really bad to not interested. :(
    psh, i'm still keeping my pre-order. There's still co-op, just one method is out the window. And it still looks like tonnes of fun.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    swift wrote:

Aye, as seen in the videos, with 20 people all shooting at you, aiming sedduenly seems very important. Plus, you can still aim without the lock-on, which is activated with the left trigger.

As for the "no slow running animation", I think that is actually not true, it is just that you go from stand-still to RUUUNNN! very quickly, in the blink of an eye. In the linking animation cycles there is a semi-run with less arm movement, while you gather speed. Mind you, it only lasts like .5 of a second, so I could be wrong.

What I think he is refering to is the few times you see the character "walk" to better position himself to make a jump. I put "walk" in quotation marks because while the character his moving at a walk speed, the walk animation is simply his run animation slowed down. Because he is moving so little but his arm and leg motions are so much, it kinda looked like he was sliding. It looked rather akward. It's proably just a placeholder animation though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Inquisitor wrote:
    swift wrote:

What I think he is refering to is the few times you see the character "walk" to better position himself to make a jump. I put "walk" in quotation marks because while the character his moving at a walk speed, the walk animation is simply his run animation slowed down. Because he is moving so little but his arm and leg motions are so much, it kinda looked like he was sliding. It looked rather akward. It's proably just a placeholder animation though.

I've tried looking through some clips, but I can't find this, in every "slow" instance I find, there is an interim animation cycle (although it only last for half a second) where the limbs do not move in such a pronounced movement as the full-on run cycle. Minor detail though. Maybe I'm just missing it. But then all I really care about is the co-op fun! Jumping around and blowing stuff up with a mate is going to be great man! And those Inspector Gadget cars flying all over the shop will be funny.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I was considering getting this game on the premise of co-op fun. But no splitscreen co-op means I don't buy it. I had an amazing time playing split co-op with my bro and a friend of mine. But neither of them own 360s. So no splitscreen means I don't get to play with them. Bummer really, cause this game has potential.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah, I was considering getting this game on the premise of co-op fun. But no splitscreen co-op means I don't buy it. I had an amazing time playing split co-op with my bro and a friend of mine. But neither of them own 360s. So no splitscreen means I don't get to play with them. Bummer really, cause this game has potential.

Get your butt over to Arcadians and let Live come...

:winky:

ALIVE!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Inquisitor wrote:

this is exactly my situation. only 1 xbox out of all our friends. great fun when we all get together. I really really love split screen co-op games.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    SeagoonSeagoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    After reading a preview ages ago in a magazine, this game confirmed my need to get a 360.

It looks like it has real potential :)

Seagoon on
    Seagoon.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Inquisitor wrote:

ALIVE!
    dude, send an friends invite my way when this comes out

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Holy fuck this looks shit hot. Sci fi madness :D

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just saw all the videos. Looks pretty fun. It does look like a cross between GTA and Hulk. I loved the Hulk games, I was never too into the GTA.

But this looks fun.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So what kind of super cop are you all going to build?

I want to make a bullet proof, super strong cop that throws cars at people and leaps tall buildings in a single bound.

Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So what kind of super cop are you all going to build?

I want to make a bullet proof, super strong cop that throws cars at people and leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
    I'll try to focus on guns, acrobatics, and cars. But I know I'll end up building a hulk of a cop because that sort of stuff is too much fun.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No splitscreen... Man! I could still play with my brother easily, but I like being in the same room because the shit we do and say is hilarious.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

ALIVE!

I cleared a couple of spaces. Invite sent.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

ALIVE!

I cleared a couple of spaces. Invite sent.
    cool, i'll try and get on later

darleysam on
    forumsig.png