Options

[MiniPhalla] Antarctic Research Station - GAME OVER - FLAWLESS MAFIA VICTORY

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can we trust everything you say in narration or pms

Are there event triggers in the game?

Is there a mechanic seer in the game?

You already said that if you are masoned with someone you share a win condition, can win conditions change (which obviously would mean it would change for everyone masoned)
    1) Everything I say is 100% trustworthy unless I am very obviously making fun of you for being dumb.

2) No.

3) Clarification denied.

4) Win conditions will not change. Maybe.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If mason'd people are guaranteed to share your win condition it doesn't mean that there's necessarily no conversions. It means that mason'd people can't be converted.

At least on my line of thinking. =\

Edit: Okay, #4 kinda says no conversions right there.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Aw, what the hell, I'll !reserve

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    !So I heard you guys needed a day one vigilante or vote target, huh?

Yeah. Kistra has it coming.

I would like to !confirm my displeasure!

How is it my fault I was masoned to someone who insisted on acting like a jackass? Besides I was all nice and helpful with the biology, right?

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If mason'd people are guaranteed to share your win condition it doesn't mean that there's necessarily no conversions. It means that mason'd people can't be converted.

At least on my line of thinking. =\

Edit: Okay, #4 kinda says no conversions right there.

That could have been option D, but it is moot since Spectrum just said win conditions will not change.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what it means is that if you are masoned, you can trust that your starting win condition will be the same.

also, checking in.

psolms on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I dunno why but I guess I confirm too.

Please see above

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    PMs now going out, please cease all posting until Day 1 narration is posted. Thanks.

Maybe use the time to re-read the OP.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !reserve up

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Day 1

The denizens of the Antarctic Research Station crowded into the basement. A demonstration in the main laboratory had been scheduled, apparently for the benefit of the out of place man in the suit.

"Behold!" cried their boss, his talent for theatrics making itself known. "Another milestone in our research." As he gestured, the lights came on in another part of the lab. A large block of ice, containing something resided there.

"As you know, this is the specimen discovered a year ago. To date, it has frustrated all of our efforts to scan it or to chip away or melt any of the ice immediate surrounding it. We've made little progress since then."

He paced over to a low table, currently covered by a cloth. "However," he continued, "we've recently made a breakthrough. A new discovery, to be precise." He yanked away the cloth, revealing five other, much smaller specimens encased in ice crystals.

As the crowd began to move closer, he started pointing out various features. "Yes, take a close look. We've been able to chip away at much more of the ice on these before finally running into the same wall. Even without a tissue sample, it is clear that these creatures are like nothing else that has ever been discovered on Earth."

The crowd looked astonished, most of them not having worked directly on these. Reeling them in, the speaker continued. "That is not the only remarkable thing. These specimens seem to have a bit of resonance with the main one."

The man in the suit finally spoke up. "Resonance?" The original speaker's smile widened. "Yes, resonance. I suppose this is as good a time as any to demonstrate. We've never done this with all five before, so I expect fabulous results." He clapped his hands and five scientists detached from the crowd, donning gloves and picking up the smaller specimens. As one, they began walking towards the original discovery, the rest of the crowd following along.

As they walked closer, a faint light began shining from each specimen, pulsing stronger and stronger. The suited man raised an eyebrow, muttering to himself. "Just a trick of the light, right?" At the same time, the lights themselves seemed to be flickering.

Undaunted, the scientists pushed on. Approaching the large specimen, the first of the crystal carrying scientists stopped a few feet away. The lead explained, "We're not yet sure of the cause, but this is as close as we can take them. Once they are like this, they seem to push away at each other and at the center. Now, continue."

Slowly, three of the remaining crystal carriers spread out around the center. As they approached, the pulsing became stronger and stronger, a faint keening growing louder and louder as more settled into place. Yelling to be heard, "Now for the fun part!" declared the presenter. He motioned to the fifth crystal bearer, who waited for the other four to spread out slightly more to allow him in.

And as he walked into place...

...the lights that had continued flickering the entire time...

...went out.

A few seconds later, they came back on, the backup generators kicking in. The pulsing lights were gone. The keening was gone.

Unfortunately, from inside the crystals, so too were the smaller specimens.

One dramatic pause later, a chill wind began emanating from the center crystal. As the researchers ran out of the lab, their boss began to have a sinking feeling.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

The Quartermaster stood behind the barred window, concerned at the huge line that had formed. The increasing cold had started to get to everyone and here they were, looking for whatever he could give them. He handed out what he could, blankets, spare lab coats, heatpacks...wait, heatpacks?

"MOTHERFUCKER! Someone stole the goddamn heatpacks!"

Before the stunned researcher at the head of the line could react, he rushed out of the supply room.

He bumped into one of the security guards on the way out. "Yo Alec, where you headed?" The Quartermaster spat out a terse reply, "Hunting." The guard thought for a second. "Huh. All right, then take this." He unholstered his MP5 and handed it over. The quartermaster took it with a brief nod and headed off.

The researcher finally spoke up. "W-what the hell are we supposed to do now?"

The guard thought for a second, the shrugged. "Stay active. Exercise, get together, debate, whatever. Better do something, though, or else you'll freeze."

Down in the basements, the Quartermaster prowled. He knew that the supply thief probably hid the stolen supplies here, he only had to find them. And hopefully find the thief also. He passed by the doors of the main lab in his search and...he stopped.

"What the hell...?" he wondered. The doors had been sealed shut, frozen over with a thick layer of ice.

"Heh, you shouldn't have come down here alone." The quartermaster turned, spraying bullets to no avail.

When the security force showed up a few minutes later, Infidel had been frozen solid and shattered, weapon included.

"The fuck do you mean we're on lockdown! Do you know who I am?" screamed the man in the suit.

The guard shrugged. "You heard me, company protocol. Even you're not exempt. Strange shit happens, we go into quarantine. Either we figure it out, or we die. Blame the dead guy if you want, but more'll probably be joining him soon."

The Dead:
    Infidel - Alec Gardiner, Quartermaster - Frozen solid

Day 1 begins NOW and ends at 10PM EST on Friday.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    All role PMs are out and the villager role PM has been edited into the OP.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow. Game start death. That's harsh, man. Harsh.

Anyway, I think I owe !Gumpy one for Phallakinetic, so we'll start there.

Houn on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ooOoOoOOOOoOoOoooOoOoooo

:winky:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I present to you, the B:L and Dunadan alliance for the Elimination of Orange Soda

otherwise known as BADAFTEOOS

Orange Soda

die.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The RNG has spoken!

Arivia

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yummy Quartermaster flavored snocones.

The tech supervisor in my area chooses !Houn

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, Day One. Always has that "RNG/Grudge" smell to it. It's a bit minty, actually.

Houn on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn!

It's the RNG really. It has nothing to do with that argument we had. And then that other argument about the first argument(admitted it was a horrible sequal).

:P

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You're just sore you lost that argument. I think. What were we arguing about?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hell if I know. That was like....three phallas ago.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kistra.

She knows why.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I present to you, the B:L and Dunadan alliance for the Elimination of Orange Soda

Orange Soda

die.

Dunadan019. Is this how BADAFTEOD019 works?

I feel like I missed a memo :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn, you beat me to it!

My very first grudge !simonwolf!

And for the record it still seems to me that you are grudging me for being right :P Just because you ended up converted too doesn't make me less right.

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Houn

People in orbit voting?

suspicious

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Orange Soda

die.

Dunadan019. Is this how BADAFTEOD019 works?

I feel like I missed a memo :P

wouldnt it be more like... BAOSAFTEOD019?

otherwise its B:L and Dunadan for the elimination of Dunadan.
    i feel like that alliance has problems.

psolms on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if Kay's going to be hit by the vig.

lonelyahava Because she got two viruses sick in real life last game with her bacteria powers. I don't like that type of metagaming.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dunedainjedi, because I keep confusing you with Dunadan019. One of you needs to go.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    dunedainjedi, because I keep confusing you with Dunadan019. One of you needs to go.

Actually, I like this better than the Gumpy vote. I mean, as much as it sucked, I have to admire the act of punting someone into space. At least academically.

!dunedainjedi for ease of identification!

Houn on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kistra wrote: »
    Damn, you beat me to it!

My very first grudge !simonwolf!

And for the record it still seems to me that you are grudging me for being right :P Just because you ended up converted too doesn't make me less right.

Well, see, that is just it, you weren't right. We have been through this before, in the (now locked) game. My grudge isn't based on that, though, it's based on the numerous times you invented/misquoted evidence to prove your arguments, then blatantly ignored my counter-arguments.

Phalla drama.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I used to confuse them to until I realized one is

dune and the other is d019

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Laser Jesus and the other is d019

Fix'd

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dune is smarter.
    D019 has anti-mafia sixth sense.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

dune and the other is d019

Funny thing: I was going to vote for Dunadan019 instead, but after you did it first it suddenly seemed like a poor idea.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dune is smarter.

Is anti-mafia sense where you just spend all game calling the village terrible?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Responding to a private clarification...
    The Villager PM was sent to villagers. Who do you take me for?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dune is smarter.

To be fair we both have a tendency to do that.

@ Spec. OMG IT'S TOXIC TOyS

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sal: If I wasn't so lazy I'd punch you in the stomach.
    Fry: But, you are lazy, right?
    Sal: Oh, don't get me started!

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dune is smarter.

I didn't make any confirmation of their social skills. :lol:

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sal: If I wasn't so lazy I'd punch you in the stomach.
    Fry: But, you are lazy, right?
    Sal: Oh, don't get me started!

what do you take me for? a guy who's not lazy?

psolms on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dune is smarter.

WOAH THERE

I'm not the one who based my handle on the plural form of a noun!

also, I regret to inform you that DDJ is the lesser form of me in every single category including toenail thickness and hair style.

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.