Options

PA Forum Let's Play Index -- OLD THREAD; Go to the new one!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, the pre-load Blip ads I've seen have never been sleazy and have had several recognisable brands (phone companies, food products, etc) but they do tend to be of the 'You get pretty damn sick of the jingles/gimmick after a while' variety of annoying.

Although considering the sites I mentioned do videos as a job, I can understand them needing the ads.

LPs you're just doing in your free time for fun? That's a different story.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think if people download the videos, Josh doesn't get his 20 dollars in dong money.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DragonatrixDragonatrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    accents

...Times like this I wish I could still speak :(

As for Blip, I sent them an e-mail a while ago about their policy re subtitle LPs;
    Hi [name],

Unfortunately this would not be allowed. We only allow video game footage if it is part of a review or has audio commentary running throughout.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    accents

...Times like this I wish I could still speak :(

As for Blip, I sent them an e-mail a while ago about their policy re subtitle LPs;
    Hi [name],

Unfortunately this would not be allowed. We only allow video game footage if it is part of a review or has audio commentary running throughout.

This is actually the kind of detail I appreciate knowing about these things. When I get Blip added to the links list (which is gonna get descriptions back) I'll be sure to make a note of this.

As for the info itself, it sucks, but it helps steer people in the direction of YouTube or Viddler if that was their plan.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well an LP would count as audio commentary, or you could just say it was a "review"

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We know that. Read it again cooljammer, it's about subtitled LPs.

Edit - ... what the fuck is with your avatar and sig?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    We know that. Read it again cooljammer, it's about subtitled LPs.

Edit - ... what the fuck is with your avatar and sig?

Whoops, misread it. I dislike subtitle LPs because I feel like I will miss something if I turn away.

Also, my sig and avy is exactly what it say it is.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I prefer subtitled LPs personally.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only subtitle LP I've watched and liked is the ongoing Heavy Rain lp on SA, because I'm just not sure there's any other way to do that game.

Adus on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Subtitled Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit is about the only one I've ever liked.

Schide on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    The only subtitle LP I've watched and liked is the ongoing Heavy Rain lp on SA, because I'm just not sure there's any other way to do that game.

you haven't seen any of Voidburger's LPs then

Rent on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I liked Rooreeloo's Banjo-Kazooie LPs a fair amount.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've only watched two subtitled LPs; one is Sollah's Adventures of Batman & Robin LP (need to track her down to make her finish it), but the first I saw was Alone in the Dark (also in the SA LP Archive) (and I mean the original for DOS, like the big 5 and a half inch floppy discs) (I still own it). It was more or less informative and I didn't mind it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm hesitant about doing anything with subtitles because I have no idea if people are watching my vids from mobile devices or just downloading them outright rather than viewing them through the Youtube site. Since I'd be doing subtitles via the Youtube text boxes, either usage would mean effectively losing the extra text.

Voiceover-only LPs seem to be just the simplest to execute and watch so I don't really bother with anything else.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rent wrote: »

you haven't seen any of Voidburger's LPs then

Yes, I have.

Adus on
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Voiceover-only LPs seem to be just the simplest to execute and watch so I don't really bother with anything else.

I went with that format just because it's the format that I prefer to watch when it comes to other people's LPs. Also if I did a SS LP i'd be afraid of missing something.

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Is SirRon in the OP ironically? Because this guy is awful.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes, I have.
    D:

D:

D:

Rent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rent, are you allowed to judge people in this thread yet?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure Henroid returned his judging privileges.

Which Sir Ron LP are you watching, Adus? Because I can't help but like the guy, especially for his Kaizo LPs.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This FFVIII one, where he voices the characters in pretty much the most annoying manner possible and his normal voice is no better.

But really pick any video. I skimmed the uploads and they all sound exactly the same.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I didn't even know he's moved on from FFIV, since he was on hiatus for various reasons last I checked.

But he's a very polarising LPer, I'll admit that.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This FFVIII one, where he voices the characters in pretty much the most annoying manner possible and his normal voice is no better.

But really pick any video. I skimmed the uploads and they all sound exactly the same.

I thought the exact same thing actually, saw the promising description in the OP, but couldn't even get through a whole video. The voice doesn't help but the craziness is a tad too forced for my liking.

His LPs remind's me a bit of Gilder's videos actually, except Gilder does it right.

atat23 on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm thinking about starting a Bayonetta LP next to my Damnation one but I a) haven't played the game in months and b) was never all THAT great at it to begin with.

Opinions?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That'd be your first non-blind LP, right?
    I'd say if you already know some good things to say during the course of this LP, you should go for it. Otherwise, don't do it.
    Or start it off as a mini series, like "Let's Test Let's Play Bayonetta", and if it works out just continue.

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What happened to the Necrovision double LP?

Also, I predict tons of breasts and ass talk, as well as many "VROOMS" to be had. Prove me wrong.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Well,I kinda want to play Bayonetta again and I feel like uploading a non-HD LP cause I can record/upload that easily between Damnation updates.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    non-HD LP

Get out.

valgomir on
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well,I kinda want to play Bayonetta again and I feel like uploading a non-HD LP cause I can record/upload that easily between Damnation updates.

I would watch you fail at Bayonetta. Better than blurry Damnation :(

Also, any of you guys making video LPs prefer the screenshots ones to read yourself?

I cant get enough of SS lps but cant usually watch all of a video one. It's kinda weird I guess.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Opposite for me I think. I did an SSLP but I prefer to watch video.

Adus on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    valgomir wrote: »
    non-HD LP

Get out.

I don't watch Kylka's LP's for the video; just the audio tracks of his sexy voice.

I really need to get my shit together and finish my Klyka soundboard.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm thinking about starting a Bayonetta LP next to my Damnation one but I a) haven't played the game in months and b) was never all THAT great at it to begin with.

Opinions?

Oddly enough, I was thinking to myself only a little while back about how Bayonetta would do well as an LP due to how utterly gonzo and over-the-top the story is.

If you do decide to go for it, I'd certainly be there to watch it.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    DragonatrixDragonatrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I did an SSLP but I prefer to watch video.

Yeah, this. I prefer making SSLPs (for various reasons) but unless they're really, really good I usually won't read them.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only screenshot LP I have ever read from beginning to end is Yahtzee's Flashback LP.

I watch video LPs on a far more frequent basis, especially if I'm playing the same game.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I did an SSLP but I prefer to watch video.

Yeah, this. I prefer making SSLPs (for various reasons) but unless they're really, really good I usually won't read them.

Huh. See I got hooked on the SA Silent Hill LPs. Really well done those I thought.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rent, are you allowed to judge people in this thread yet?

yes and Adus is so wrong you don't even know

you don't even know

Rent on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I don't know...most people have really poor comedic timing, spend all of their down time breathing heavily into the mic and/or chewing food, or have a really annoying "nerdvoice" so I tend to prefer screenshots and subtitles.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I always wonder if I am funny or just obnoxious. I don't think I really have that much comedic talent.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Is SirRon in the OP ironically? Because this guy is awful.

You're in the OP ironically.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Man, I don't know...most people have really poor comedic timing, spend all of their down time breathing heavily into the mic and/or chewing food, or have a really annoying "nerdvoice" so I tend to prefer screenshots and subtitles.

I dread the thought that I have the nerdvoice. Like a totally paranoid dread. I can live with being bad at jokes or something, but nerdvoice is just unacceptable. I don't think I've ever even heard somebody mention that I might occasionally slightly sound like I have nerdvoice and it still makes me paranoid.

I know that's just how some people sound, but it's pretty much the anti-sexy-foreign-accent accent.

Ninja Snarl P on