As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Aion] Is Now Completely Free To Play. 3.0 Is Now Live.

• Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Last night was pretty amusing. There were two big ass groups of Elyos and Asmodeans waging war all across the lower part of the Abyss. Was fun to finally get my PvP on :)

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, so I was right. You were being serious.

Lord_Asmodeus, care to comment?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am honestly surprised.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Huh. So, I was dicking around, making a alt, when I noticed one of the male voices sounded familiar.

I had no idea they got Dante Basco to do some VA work for Aion. :mrgreen:

(If you're familiar with Avatar, go click through the male voices sometime. One should sound hella-familiar. :winky: )

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    man, dudes have to apply to be in your video game groups? that is Gay As Hell

While it is not a true necessity this early in the game where most people joining are coming straight from the PA Forums, it is for the long term. We already have two members that are Egyptian and speak english as a second language. If it were not for the application we all would have assumed they were 12 year old who refuse to use the Shift key and the period button. The Application is a way for us to get a quick feel for who is applying and know where they are coming from.

It is also a way to keep out players who are complete douchbags who give it away during the "interview" phase. Like those guys from Akatsuki and Witchalok. If you have those guys asking for entrance then you know right away that they'll be dead weight and assholes.

But so far no one has been turned away, and since they are all registered on the Legion forums I can get in contact with them all for things like Siege events using their registered e-mail addresses. I can also know who is playing what characters and be certain that no one has an Alt taking a slot in the Legion when we're running out of room for people.

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's also useful to weed out people who still use "that's so gay" as a prejorative.

Djiem on
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone worked out a way to turn off the right click menu option for other players? Lost track of how many times I've been running around in mouselook and when I let off the button it just happens to be over another player. I'd much rather it be like any other game where you have to right click their targeting frame to bring up any menus.

When I'm running around killing stuff I end up requesting a friends add or dueling .

The closest I've found in the options is "Right-click to run attack/chat" but you still get the menu popup so that's a no go.

Phos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oooo, the "you don't understand me defense"

Hehehe, I'll just sit over here laughing. Please continue with your regularly scheduled posting, by all means.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Phos wrote: »
    Has anyone worked out a way to turn off the right click menu option for other players? Lost track of how many times I've been running around in mouselook and when I let off the button it just happens to be over another player. I'd much rather it be like any other game where you have to right click their targeting frame to bring up any menus.

When I'm running around killing stuff I end up requesting a friends add or dueling .

The closest I've found in the options is "Right-click to run attack/chat" but you still get the menu popup so that's a no go.

I haven't seen that option, but if you did turn it off you'd lose all sorts of things like View Detail and Viewing Private Store as well.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Let me preface this by saying that Soooraah is my wife. I'm not coming here to be the "white knight" and "save her." She doesn't need me to do that, she can handle herself.

She has a valid point, women who play video games are not taken seriously. This is probably not the right place to debate this, but there are plenty of examples of this right here. Look at this from the old thread when describing the cleric class:
    Classes

Do you really have to ask, really? Healbitch, rolled by girlfriends who are dragged into MMO's everywhere.

Need I say more?

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How is that "not taking women seriously"? It's a joke based on a gaming cliche, not some baldface attack on women gamers. Most people here who make jokes about girls in gaming 9 times out of 10 don't do so out of a lack of "respect" for girl gamers, but because they're kidding around.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    goodtimesgoodtimes Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    brainsmith wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying that Soooraah is my wife. I'm not coming here to be the "white knight" and "save her." She doesn't need me to do that, she can handle herself.

She has a valid point, women who play video games are not taken seriously. This is probably not the right place to debate this, but there are plenty of examples of this right here. Look at this from the old thread when describing the cleric class:
    Classes

Do you really have to ask, really? Healbitch, rolled by girlfriends who are dragged into MMO's everywhere.

Need I say more?

Does your wife play a cleric?

goodtimes on
    new sig underconstruction
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I feel like I made my point, joke or not. I could go further into how women are not taken seriously as gamers, but like I said this is not the proper place to debate this. The point has been made, we don't wish to drag this out further.

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sure we do, I'm playing a low level mage and I'm bored as hell, I need something to fight about. How do you mean "not taken seriously as gamers" I mean, unless I have been egregiously misinformed by Psycho, she is of the female gender, and it's not like people don't take her seriously because of it.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have to say, I personally am surprised there are people fighting Soooraah and brainsmith over this, considering they are 100% right.

I've always been happy to play online games with the PA crew because they're (mostly) always more mature than the average gaming crew you'll find online, but the gay/girls jokes in the MMO scene are starting to get obnoxious. I'm not gay or a woman, and am certainly not the offended type, I'm just saying they're old, they're lame, and it's time to move on. We're not little prepubescent kids anymore.

Djiem on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I feel like I made my point, joke or not. I could go further into how women are not taken seriously as gamers, but like I said this is not the proper place to debate this. The point has been made, we don't wish to drag this out further.

You do realize that wasn't written by Shorn Scrotum Man right?

He got his OP in the last thread from me; and as it says explicitly in the section you're quoting that the entirety of it was stolen from Transporter, who made the first Aion OP.

So if you're using that as ammo against him, try again.

I'm not agreeing with either of you, I think the argument is dumb as shit and you're all wasting a lot of energy that could be put into playing Aion or having sex or any other countless activities, by participating in it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I think the argument is dumb as shit and you're all wasting a lot of energy that could be put into playing Aion or having sex or any other countless activities, by participating in it.

I've just stopped playing Aion right now and I've got no one to have sex with.

Can I debate? ;-)

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yes you can.

But only you.

And I expect to see a lively debate out of yourself!

EDIT: Alternately, your assignment is to go find someone to have sex with. :P

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    I think the argument is dumb as shit and you're all wasting a lot of energy that could be put into playing Aion or having sex or any other countless activities, by participating in it.

Can I debate? ;-)

This is my situation as well, except I didn't stop voluntarily

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Can I debate? ;-)

I've found someone to debate with!

Or... to have sex with?

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well as you can see I live in the world of Xeen, and I doubt you do as well, so debate would seem the logical choice.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No one else from the Witchaloks on right now :|

Strato on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm actually posting from my brothers PS3, and just wish he would play the damned thing, or the 360. My other brother was going to hop on Aion and play with me which we don't get to do a lot because he has a weird schedule.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I left the thread for a minute to make sure it wasnt my observation that devolved it. To my astonishment, ya'll have smoothy spiraled downward on your own!

FingerSlut on
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

In my Wii Bowling League, women's averages are a good 50 pins lower than males. If they are at such a handicap in a game with 2 buttons, imagine how that carries over to a game with dozens. It's hard to take someone seriously when their career best is just an average day for someone else.

If there's one thing women are good at though, it's making money quick!
    http://epicslut.ytmnd.com/

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Soooraah wrote: »
    Soooraah wrote: »
    I find it funny how much "chick hate" there is along with the anti gay remarks on this board. Does this just mean you can't get it from either?

Everyone's thinking it, I just had the cahones to say it...

There are plenty of gays and chicks on this forum.

Could it be that you are seeing long running meme's and jokes that are entirely void of any real meaning?

*EDIT* I went back through the thread and looked, what the hell are you even talking about? Are you in the right thread?

Let me put this simply so some panties can be unbunched.

All I am saying is that it gets a little tiring being the butt of enless strings of jokes and I wasn't mentioning any post specifically, just a culmination of several posts along with ingame behavior. This isn't worth 20 flame posts, I said it, people commented, get over it, move on.

I laughed.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

You do realize that wasn't written by Shorn Scrotum Man right?

He got his OP in the last thread from me; and as it says explicitly in the section you're quoting that the entirety of it was stolen from Transporter, who made the first Aion OP.

So if you're using that as ammo against him, try again.

I'm not agreeing with either of you, I think the argument is dumb as shit and you're all wasting a lot of energy that could be put into playing Aion or having sex or any other countless activities, by participating in it.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Anyways, my fiancee plays videogames, including Aion, and she mostly just finds stuff like that amusing. She certainly doesn't get her panties in a bunch over it. And her masters degree is in Feminist literature, so you think if anybody wouldn't be able to take a joke...

Can I debate? ;-)

I've found someone to debate with!

Or... to have sex with?

Ah, the Aion thread, bringing people together through mock-xenophobia. :D

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have to say, I personally am surprised there are people fighting Soooraah and brainsmith over this, considering they are 100% right.

I've always been happy to play online games with the PA crew because they're (mostly) always more mature than the average gaming crew you'll find online, but the gay/girls jokes in the MMO scene are starting to get obnoxious. I'm not gay or a woman, and am certainly not the offended type, I'm just saying they're old, they're lame, and it's time to move on. We're not little prepubescent kids anymore.

Have you ever had an IRL female try to tank for a raid?

HOOOOLY MOLY never again

Karrmer on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, all of you Witchaloks better go find a new guild because I'm a girl and I'm the leader. Oh noes!

Psychoish on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    FEMALE, AAAAGH.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Karrmer wrote: »
    Have you ever had an IRL female try to tank for a raid?

HOOOOLY MOLY never again

Our WoW guild's best tank is a lady, and she tanks the pants off our two dude tanks.
    :winky:
    No. She's a classy lady.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just bought aion with the intension of joining the witchaloks with a buddy, and I bought the steam version, I figured this would be wise - I was wrong. It stops at 'This product is currently unavilable.' Can someone point me in the right direction with this? I've gone around the steam and aion forums and I still can't find any help.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    damn, drama all up ins.

Alls I know is that Nimisha deals roughly 8x more damage than me, but I don't implode when I get hit by a mob. Its a pretty good balance.

(Nimisha is the girl here)

(I am also a boy)

(controversy)

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Soooraah and I have moved on from this. Please, can we get back to discussing the game? If you would like to discuss this further, there is a debate and discourse forum: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What is it with the Aion threads that attract an inordinate amount of lurkers who are more than happy to boss people around?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What is it with the Aion threads that attract an inordinate amount of lurkers who are more than happy to boss people around?

I didn't even know how many lurkers there were until I saw the Elyos guilds fill up.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Had this drop in Eltnen today

rszaion0002.jpg

makes me feel all special when it announces it to everyone

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, so i'm nowhere near done with the forums and what not, but I figured i'd announce it over here.

I've created a more pvp focused Legion on the Elyos side of Yustiel named Woe Bundy. We're more of the hardcore mindset than the hardcore play times (However, I obviously play way too much.) Working on a permanent vent solution, but we have a vent server we're using for now. We've been forming up nightly abyss groups atm, and most of us are rank 6 around level 28-29 so far.

I'm more than willing to give any person from PA a trial invite to see if we're a fit for them, or they're a fit for us. I'll be 100% honest though, some of us are assholes. Not the "Fuck you, get the fuck out of my group" assholes but the "Goddamnit insertnamehere, I thought I told you to stay away from the guard towers, im not healing you if you go back" kinda ones. Not afraid to tell a person if they fuck up, in hopes that they don't do it again over just bitching and whining about stuff.

Anyways, if this interests you contact me ingame as Jerelith or Sidaltus, or PM me here. I'll post the forums once I have more of a final look on 'em.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mmmm, PvP is the best. Nothing like hunting furbacks with 5 buds.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously

Me and my buddy just hit Eltnen last night and had so much fun hunting Asmos on the spy quest until they cornered us and we went out in a hail of arrows.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg