Options

[Wii/3DS Shop thread] 8/4 - Mario's Picross 3DS VC

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fluidity is so great. Loving it. I had exactly 1200 points sitting on my Wii for months, so it was perfect. So good.

I cleared the fourth (and final) world last night, having collected 68 of 89 Rainbow Drops (and completely clearing out the first world). Some of those later puzzles are devious.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Fluidity is actually a meaty game? I really enjoyed the demo, so I'll pick it up next year once I'm done with my Christmas backlog.

Turkey on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mario Party 2 and Frobot are out today...and Frobot looks hilariously awesome.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is fucking epic.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Brian Provinciano, the mad man responsible for Retro City Rampage, has exclusively revealed to Destructoid that his retro-style homage to gaming will now be coming out on Xbox Live Arcade Summer 2011. With that good news comes with some sad news as the WiiWare version of Retro City Rampage will now be coming out in Fall 2011, months after the XBLA version.

Although the release date comes later than originally planned, both versions of the game will now include more content, such as more missions and more playable characters. The Xbox 360 version will also include widescreen support and additional Xbox LIVE features including a challenge mode, character creator mode and video replays.

Brian wanted to make sure we let Wii fans know that he has "done everything possible to avoid disappointing them" and "apologizes for the delay". Retro City Rampage is a "100% self-funded" project still and Brian is actually cashing in the rest of his retirement savings this week to continue work on the game. That's pure dedication right there, folks!

Releasing his project on XBLA will help guarantee Brian some money from the project, especially considering that WiiWare doesn't do all that well in the sales department. Brian summed up the situation to us by stating that "in order to continue making these games and not have to start flipping burgers after Retro City Rampage is done, it needed to be multi-platform."

Wat. After all the magazine previews I've read and the trailers released we get another massive delay of this game? Jeez.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Releasing it on XBLA is fine but it sucks that we're getting it so much time later. Consider me one of those fans that got disappointed by reading that news article as it's really lame that we aren't getting some of the features from the XBLA version character creation would be awesome because I don't like the guy from GTA3 too much).

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'll probably grab it for XBLA now...because I'm impatient. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    See, this is the kind of practice that hurt sales of GameCube ports. They released them months later only to sell poorly.

If most people bought it already on another console, it's only natural that it will not sell well on the other system if it comes out at a later date.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, it got Super Meat Boy'd.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Frobot is Wii Play's Tanks with puzzle solving elements, and instead of a tank, you control a robot with the soul of Issac Hayes?

Where's the PR? I want to see the description of this game!
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: DECK THE HALLS WITH MARIO PARTY 2 AND OTHER DOWNLOADABLE DELIGHTS

Dec. 20, 2010

If there's one guest who's welcome at any holiday party, it's MarioTM. This season, the Virtual ConsoleTM service invites you to join Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom crew for the classic, family-friendly fun of Mario PartyTM 2, now playable on the WiiTM system for the first time ever. You'll also find new additions to the WiiWareTM service to help keep your days merry and bright: the unique sci-fi strategy of Inkub and the funky robot challenge of Frobot. (A demo version of Frobot is available for zero Wii PointsTM.) If you aim to fill your holiday week with hand-held adventure, take a look at the latest arrivals for the Nintendo DSiWareTM service, including Dragon's Lair® II: Time Warp and Cosmo Fighters. No matter where the season leads you, here's hoping it's a warm and happy one.

Virtual Console

Mario Party 2
    Original platform: Nintendo 64TM
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Players: 1-4
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points
    Description: Get ready to party like it's the year 2000 all over again, complete with fancy costumes, bags of surprises and games galore. Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom friends return for a new round of Bowser-bashing board game action in Mario Party 2. Each of your favorite characters dons a differently themed outfit to take part in five fun-packed Adventure Boards: Pirate Land, Western Land, Space Land, Mystery Land and Horror Land. Then battle BowserTM on his own specific board - if you're brave enough. Up to four players (additional accessories required, sold separately) can travel around the boards and compete in minigames for coins while also using items to gain an advantage. Win the most stars and become the ultimate victor: the Super Star. Or, if you just feel like proving your minigame mettle, visit Mini-Game Land. Head to the Mini-Game Stadium and replay your favorites, including the Item, Battle, Duel and Chance Time minigames.

WiiWare

Frobot
    Publisher: Fugazo
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points; demo version available for 0 Wii Points
    Description: Frobot is programmed to make love, not war. But when his five foxy girlfriends get botnapped, he doesn't skip a beat in taking the fight to the streets. Blast your way up from the Funkytown Slums to the BotBlocker HQ and save them. In Burn Baby Burn mode, earn powerful weapons including the Robo Hustle dash and the Jivestalker disco ball to help take on the Man. In The Big Payback, journey through a story mode filled with action, adventure and fro-frazzling physics puzzles to rescue your girlfriends. In Superfreak, find hidden power picks and upgrade your style. It's a fight to the last Fro in Frobot's multiplaya arena. Face off with up to three of your friends on one screen to see who will earn the spotlight. In It's Raining Guns, access an expanded arsenal of funky weapons, including the Bass Bomb grenade and the Heartstopper shield. And in Do the Hustle, you can unlock multiplaya maps by beating single-playa levels in record time.

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Inkub
    Publisher: Cosmonaut Games
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Cartoon Violence
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: In Inkub, you are responsible for the defense of incubators, each one connected to a life support system by means of transparent carbon tubes. For years, different organisms, viruses and bacteria have formed colonies that attack the species in each incubator. Your objective is to repel the attacks of these organisms and keep the eggs in the incubators safe. To do this, you have an arsenal of weapons, mines and blockers available. Different weapons will be unlocked as you progress through the game, including laser canons, projectiles, blockers, mines and speed inhibitors. Use them by placing them throughout the tube to repel enemy attacks.

Nintendo DSiWare

Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
    Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
    ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Suggestive Themes, Fantasy Violence
    Price: 800 Nintendo DSi PointsTM
    Description: Princess Daphne has been spirited away to a wrinkle in time by the evil wizard Mordroc, who plans to force her into marriage. Only you, Dirk the Daring, can save her. Transported by a bumbling old time machine, you begin the rescue mission. But you must hurry, for once the Casket of Doom has opened, Mordroc will place the Death Ring upon Daphne's finger and she will be lost forever in the Time Warp. Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp is a fully animated arcade classic from legendary animator Don Bluth. You'll make your way through time by using your Nintendo DSiTM system to move and wield your sword. Beware of your foes, for they are numerous. Only you can save Princess Daphne.

Cosmo Fighters
    Publisher: Abylight
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Cartoon Violence
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: There's a battle to fight in outer space, but before you meet your fate, train yourself against the CPU to master all the tricks and combos. Whether playing one-on-one or against a group of three, your training will pay off once you challenge your friends and foes. Anyone can play, but only the well trained will win. Send your friends a demo via DS Download Play to allow them to play solo or in a Versus mode. Finding opponents for the Multiplayer mode is easy because only one player needs to have the game loaded onto his or her system. Let the fight begin!

Paul's Monster Adventure
    Publisher: Agetec, Inc.
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Description: Prepare to embark on an epic adventure and enter a land where monsters known as bosses once ruled with an iron fist. The local inhabitants have rebelled against the bosses by stealing their food supply. Now the bosses are slowly dying from starvation, and it's up to you to save them. Explore and discover magical items that will aid you on your adventure. Interact with intriguing monsters that desperately need your help to regain their energy. Be warned: The inhabitants may consider your heroic efforts to be a threat and become aggressive if you are caught with food. Do you best to avoid them, but if you need it, you're equipped with a powerful hammer that will temporally knock out the inhabitants. It's time to step up to the challenge and restore order to this chaotic land.

Just SING! Christmas Vol. 2
    Publisher: dtp young entertainment
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: You are the star! Prepare yourself for the next edition of Christmas karaoke. Holiday classics such as "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" and "Deck the Halls" are waiting for you. Enter the festively decorated stage in a fancy Santa costume, then sing into the built-in microphone of your Nintendo DSi system to instantly capture the magical Christmas spirit. Hit all the right notes and sing in time to reach the top of the high-scores list.

Okay, someone has GOT to download Frobot to find out if it is Tanks with added deathmatch. :lol:

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There's a demo available, BTP, so you can check it out for yourself if you wish.

Hopefully this demo thing keeps going. It's neat that they're doing it now.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That is basically what it is:

http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2010/12/frobot
    Combine all of this with the sizable layer of replay value afforded by the hidden Power Picks and Goal Times, and what you have is one of the most unique and enjoyable titles to hit the WiiWare service this year and a release more than worth your 1000 Wii Points.

I will own this.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also if anyone has never played it Mario Party 2 is bar none the best game in the whole series.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OMG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUGWbTgEt8s&annotation_id=annotation_445523&feature=iv

As soon as I get a points card.....
    Also if anyone has never played it Mario Party 2 is bar none the best game in the whole series.

Please elaborate, because I hear this about all of them.

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'm tempted to buy it but I don't have the option for playing local multiplayer stuff very often and the Mario Party games are not exactly meant to be played by yourself.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm happy to hear this; I was sold just on the chance to get to play as Mario in a cowboy hat.

And hearing that about Retro City Rampage really sucks. I understand completely, but it's a shame it had to come down to this.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'm happy to hear this; I was sold just on the chance to get to play as Mario in a cowboy hat.

And hearing that about Retro City Rampage really sucks. I understand completely, but it's a shame it had to come down to this.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mario Party 2:

Great maps, good item balance, pretty much all time great minigames, some neat and hard to unlock stuff in the single player as well as the multiplayer.

It is still very much a party game, so don't go and buy it if you have no local friends to play it with.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mario Party 2 is also my favourite one, although I think MP3 is decent too IIRC. I'm going to download it as soon as I get off work today. I have exactly 1000 points left.

Taya on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Look away is the awesomest jingle ever. It's been a ringtone for my cell phone in the past.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh damn I forgot that N64 games require the classic or Gamecube controllers. I only have one classic controller and my wavebird is in Canada. I guess I won't be playing Mario Party 2 multiplayer in a long time.

Taya on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Cave Story finally came out in Aus and also, I presume, Europe. It's very cool. But I suppose it's sooooo 6 months ago to most of you. Still, good to finally get it.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Question to anyone who has played the Frobot demo: How do you beat the boss after level 2?

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: COUNT DOWN TO 2011 WITH NEW GAME DOWNLOADS FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS

Dec. 27, 2010

Confetti and noisemakers are essential to any New Year's Eve bash, but don't forget to stock up on new downloadable games that'll keep the fun going as the clock hits midnight. The WiiWare™ service welcomes chick chick BOOM, an irreverent action game involving everything from UFOs to corncobs. Wii™ owners can also download a demo version of the award-winning game Max & the Magic Marker for zero Wii Points™. For fans of classic console action, two games from the NEOGEO era are available on the Virtual Console™ service: FIGHTER'S HISTORY DYNAMITE and MAGICAL DROP III. And for Nintendo DSi™ users, G.G Series Z•ONE and DodoGo! Challenge bring new shooting thrills and egg-saving puzzle action to the Nintendo DSiWare™ service. Pop the cork on these great games and ring in the New Year with a smile.

WiiWare

chick chick BOOM
    Publisher: tons of bits
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Cartoon Violence
    Price: 800 Wii Points
    Description: In chick chick BOOM, you throw pianos, pink elephants and sumo chicks or summon slimy giant jellyfish and real UFOs. Draw lines in the arena to defend against your opponent's attacks. The skill lies in your use of ink, creativity and timing. Extra help is provided by a corncob and a piñata (yes, really!). Play on your own or with friends. To keep things interesting, there are various game modes and different arenas, each with its own special attack. Arenas include City, Ship and Haunted Wood. Five teams are playable immediately, and there are 10 more to unlock. Game modes include Duel Mode, Time Mode and Pro Mode. Your best scores will be saved for you to beat.

Around the World
    Publisher: Wizarbox
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: Whether you want to improve your own knowledge of geography or compete with friends and family in exciting mini-games, Around the World is for you! The game features a solo mode for building your knowledge and a multiplayer mode for playing against others. Topics include monuments, history, sports, art, literature and people. Players may be asked to choose the right answer from a list of options or point as closely as possible to a given place.

Max & the Magic Marker (demo version)
    Publisher: Press Play
    Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,000 Wii Points
    Description: One day, Max receives a mysterious marker in the mail. The first thing he draws is a monster, but as soon as the pen leaves the paper, the monster comes to life and jumps into another drawing. The monster must be stopped, so Max draws himself onto the page and the chase begins. Max & the Magic Marker is an award-winning physics-based puzzle platformer. The game is suitable for all audiences yet still challenging for hard-core gamers. It plays like a classic platformer, but with a twist. You have a magic marker that enables you to draw freehand, and everything you draw becomes real. You must help Max overcome enemies, obstacles and puzzles along the way. Enjoy loads of puzzles with multiple solutions. Collect hidden orbs to unlock extras. Explore 15 awesome levels in three unique worlds.

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Virtual Console

FIGHTER'S HISTORY DYNAMITE
    Original platform: NEOGEO
    Publisher: D4 Enterprise
    Players: 1-2
    ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Mild Blood, Violence
    Price: 900 Wii Points
    Description: FIGHTER'S HISTORY DYNAMITE is a fighting game that was first released in 1994. In this sequel to the well-loved FIGHTER'S HISTORY, the action takes place once again at a martial arts tournament called the Great Grapple. This time, 13 combatants have emerged to test their skills against the best of the best. Notable playing features include a wide range of secret attacks, a weak-spot system that assigns a vulnerable area to each fighter and the introduction of original bosses Clown and Karlov as playable characters. The bull from the bonus stage of the Data East classic Karate Champ will also make a special appearance if you're able to clear certain secret conditions.

MAGICAL DROP III
    Original platform: NEOGEO
    Publisher: D4 Enterprise
    Players: 1-2
    ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Mild Suggestive Themes
    Price: 900 Wii Points
    Description: This puzzle-action game was released by Data East in 1997. Control a clown to pull in and throw back balloons hurled from the top of the screen. If you line up three or more balloons of the same color in a vertical row, they will burst. If you're not quick enough, the balloons will squash the clown and the game is over. Once you've got the hang of bursting balloons, you'll need to master combos and chains. The basic rules of the game haven't changed since MAGICAL DROP II, but with 16 playable characters and a new Magical Journey mode, there is much to explore in MAGICAL DROP III.

Nintendo DSiWare

G.G Series Z•ONE
    Publisher: Genterprise Inc.
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points™
    Description: Breach enemy lines in this technical side-scrolling shooter. The enemy has bolstered its defenses with a perilous fortress of blocks. Skillfully maneuver and make use of pods that fire in eight directions to vanquish foes as you advance toward the heart of enemy territory. Each level features a unique landscape and varying difficulty, forcing you to adapt. Learn the art of quick evasion as some levels scroll faster than others. Master advanced shooting techniques such as shooting in the opposite direction.

DodoGo! Challenge
    Publisher: Neko Entertainment
    Description: DodoGo! Challenge, the sequel to DodoGo!, is a unique puzzle game that will put your intelligence to the test. You must save as many endangered eggs as possible in nearly 100 dangerous, trap-infested levels. Use the stylus to dig in the terrain, set fire to objects, cut ropes and plenty of other mechanisms. Will you find the solution to bring all the eggs safely to their nest? Your perseverance will be rewarded with unlockable bonus levels and trophies. Beat your own score and see how it ranks against the rest of the world.

Fantasy Slots: Adventure Slots and Games
    Publisher: Big John Games
    ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Simulated Gambling
    Description: Players can bring the exciting slot machine experience anywhere they go. Choose from six adventure-themed, five-reel bonus slots, or try your luck with classic Cherries or Diamonds slots. Win big jackpots and earn access to VIP suites. Players can use winnings to purchase vibrant merchandise to customize their suites. As players progress, they can win multiple awards and achievements.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ...man, they sure are milking Magical Drop. It's been, what, all of two or three weeks since Magical Drop II was released?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sweet, now I can try Max & the Magic Marker before getting it on Steam! :D

Turkey on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hadn't been on the shopping channel in a while, and it looks as though they are actually doing a bit of advertising for different things; they have set up separate sections for:

1. Demos

2. Our Best of 2010 (Fluidity, Cave Story, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Mega Man 10, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, And Yet It Moves, BLASTER MASTER OVERDRIVE, Max & the Magic Marker, Jett Rocket, Art Style: light trax)

3. Family Time Fun (Mario Party 2, Tecmo Bowl, UNO, Derby Dogs, Art of Balance, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Bomberman Blast, Adventure on LOST ISLAND - Hidden Object Game, Yard Sale Hidden Teasures: Sunnyville, Super Mario Kart)

4. Four or More Players (TV Show King, VIP Casino: Blackjack, Family Table Tennis, Mario Kart 64 Tetris Party, Mario Golf, Brain Challenge, Target Toss Pro: Lawn Darts, Fun! Fun! Minigolf, Midnight Bowling)

5. Wii Shop Channel Recommended Titles (not sure if these are generated based on local play information or if they're the same for everyone--Mine lists the Nintendo Channel, Netflix, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Party 2, chick chick BOOM, Frobot, lilt line, Fluidity, Pokemon Rumble, and Tetris Party on the first page)

Oddly, once you click through to actually download anything, it brings you back to a different splash page, not the original overview.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So someone was awesome and gifted me Mario Party 2 and Jett Rocket...both games I've wanted to try.

MP8 was my first Mario Party, so I'm looking forward to getting my daughter and I to play MP2 for the first time ever. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited December 2010
    My daughter and me

Opium on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Opium wrote: »
    My daughter and me

Oh poo on you, I'll use improper grammar if I want to. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited December 2010
    That's just bad parenting. But playing MP2 with her is awesome parenting so I guess it evens out.

Opium on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Turkey wrote: »
    Sweet, now I can try Max & the Magic Marker before getting it on Steam! :D
    theres a demo on steam.

I didnt think it was that great. But I was expecting somthing like canvas curse.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    dasZombie42dasZombie42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm thinking of getting Super Mario 3, The Legend of Zelda, and Metal Slug. Can anyone tell me how good/bad they play on the Wii?

Also, I only have a Wii Remote.

dasZombie42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm thinking of getting Super Mario 3, The Legend of Zelda, and Metal Slug. Can anyone tell me how good/bad they play on the Wii?

Also, I only have a Wii Remote.
    They play exactly the same as the originals. There is even some lag in Zelda when there are a lot of enemies on screen. Which is a bad thing, but at least it's true to the NES game. The Wiimote functions just fine as a NES controller. I've never had any problems with it.

Taya on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They all play awesome. The only one you might worry about is Metal Slug but I presume it plays fine. I don't have the VC version, but the Anthology.

Speaking of Metal Slug Anthology, you should totally buy it instead of the individual game because it is an awesome collection of 7 games plus extras for $13 new at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Slug-Anthology-nintendo-wii/dp/B000GQ1NK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293504155&sr=8-1

One small con: the Anthology has 6 different control schemes. At least 3 are useless and gimmicky (hold the Wii remote vertically and pretend it is a joystick?). You can use the Gamecube controller but not the classic controller. On the VC you are able to use the classic controller, but again you said you've only got the Wii remote, which is one of the more valid/normal control schemes available anyway. The primary "remote only" scheme has you hold it NES-style and you shake to throw grenades. It's not particularly bothersome.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    dasZombie42dasZombie42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome. Gonna get Super Mario 3 and Legend of Zelda and am definitely considering getting that Metal Slug Anthology.

dasZombie42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking of getting a Castlevania game but I can't decide between Rondo of Blood and Rebirth. I liked Castlevania IV (got it on VC), and I've played some of Castlevania I on a friend's house, but not much of any Metroidvania.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well, neither game is Metroidvania so you're good there; Both games follow the general playstyle of CVIV.

Rondo of Blood is an older game whereas Rebirth is a new remake of the first GB CV title (Someone feel free to correct me on this) thusly Rebirth is going to have a better soundtrack & visuals.

The question I have is: Do you own a PSP? The PSP has a great full remake of Rondo of Blood that has both the original RoB and Symphony of the Night unlockable within.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png