As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nex ducks below the Goblin's spear thrust, dropping a shroud and shifting his grip on his sword and sending a backhanded swing towards the Goblin balanced precariously on the edge of the pit. The hit is good, slashing the Warrior across the face and drawing blood from the wound (30 vs AC Hit, 11 Damage. Snake-eyes for damage, dang...). He then readies himself for the upcoming attack from the Warrior while also shouting challenges and insults down at the nearby Drake, hoping to keep the creature occupied and distracted until Nex's companions finish off the ones menacing them currently.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nope, you're not on fire. The flasks explode on impact so they deal damage on a miss. There isn't any ongoing damage to you if you get hit.

Brody wrote: »
    Did we get another action point?

The last time you earned an action point after killing the goblin torturer and co.

If you didn't spend one fighting Balgron you still have it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright. Wasn't sure if Balgron was a "mile stone" fight.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you need us to Raydic, we can roll for you, just pick your target.

If you get the chance to read this.

God Im not looking forward to wedding month.

At least its a year+ from now.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm just going to do Aieldar's turn, if nobody objects.

Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry Drake B (G2)
    Standard Action: Careful Shot Drake B

Attack Roll:Careful Attack vs AC (ranged).: 1d20+11 22 HIT!
    Damage Roll: 1d10+1+4 11 damage.
    Hunter's Quarry Roll: : 1d8 5 Damage

EDIT: Fixed damage mods.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ...Wait, shouldn't we be adding Aieldar's Dex bonus to damage for the attack? That might be enough to put the Drake down for good.

susan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have no idea. I clicked the dice on his character sheet and those are the dice and bonuses it spit out. If some part of the calculation is wrong feel free to correct it.

Edit: I guess it is 1[W]+dex, fixed it

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah it happens with a couple of classes, for some reason it assumes you're a dual wielding melee ranger and uses strength as the modifier.

Update incoming.

Kelor on
  • Options
    residueresidue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kelor wrote: »
    Update incoming.

May you roll nothing but 1s. Nothing personal.

residue on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry. This weekend was really busy and I meant to do it on Friday, but I was in a car accident on Wednesday (someone rear ended me really bad). So I've been dealing with the follow up shit that goes with that and haven't had time to really think about this. Usually work is the only time I can make posts, but it's just been crazy.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No problem. I think it goes for everyone that if you feel like you won't be able to post for bit or are just too busy, all anyone needs to do is make any short notice in the thread and we can cover turns for each other to keep the game moving.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As Akarr moves away the drake slashes with it's clashes, raking him along the arm before he can bring his shield up. Aieldar extracts vengeance shortly after as he measures a shot, launching it while the drake is vulnerable, it's growl falling to a gurgle as the elf's arrow embeds itself in the gap between armor plates on it's throat.

Nex continues his duel with the goblin warrior atop the cobbled floor, he is rushed by the goblin as it shoves at him with the haft of it's spear. The assassin is quick to counter and repels the attack before he can be pushed from the edge. The growls of the drake can be heard as it circles the base of the earthen pillar.
    Opportunity attack from Guard Drake B against Akarr as he moves away.
    Attack roll: 1d20+10 = 23.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 8.

Goblin Warrior
    Standard action: Bull Rush Nex.
    Attack roll: 1d20+3 = 8. Miss.

Drake C
    Movement action: Move to L9.

The goblin now out of flasks leaps for the safety from the flaming orb, misses his mark badly and plummets straight off of the ledge. The goblin to the ground however, throws another smoke pluming flask over the edge of the flooring, exploding on the floor and peppering those near by with fiery drops.
    Bombardier B
    Start of turn it takes 8 damage from Mindartis' fire orb.
    Movement action: Move to K4, jumping the gap.
    Skill check: 1d20+3 = 9. (Turns out he's trained in acrobatics, not athletics. Otherwise he would have made it.
    Fall damage: 1d10 = 7.
    Acrobatics check to reduce fall damage: 1d20+11 = 12. Fall damage reduced to 1 and he is prone.

Bombardier A
    Standard action: Alchemists Fire at E3.
    Attack roll is 1d20+8 vs Reflex. Half damage on miss.
    Attack roll vs Thud = 9. Critical Miss.
    Attack roll vs Akarr = 17. Hit.
    Attack roll vs Mindartis = 23. Hit.
    Damage roll = 1d10+4 = 7. Thud only takes 3 on the miss.

The last remaining drake snaps at it's tormentor, though it's frenzy has noticibly lessened at it's companion's demise.
    Drake A
    Standard action: Bite Samhradh.
    Attack roll: 1d20+10 vs AC = 12. Miss.

That sucks Ryadic. We've been having really thick fog the last week or so and for some reason people drive more dangerously when the weather is terrible.

Stats
    Nex
    HP 26/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

Akarr:
    HP 3/37 Bloodied
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

Thud:
    HP 30/38
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

Samhradh:
    HP 33/49
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Mindartis:
    HP 13/29 Bloodied
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

Aieldar:
    HP 27/36
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15

Guard Drake A (L9) Marked by Samhradh
    HP 67/90
    AC 19; Fortitude 19; Reflex 17; Will 16
    Immune to Fear. (while within 2 squares of an ally)
    Bite (standard; at-will) +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage while within 2 squares of an ally.

Guard Drake C (G2)
    HP 63/90
    Bite (standard; at-will) +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage while within 2 squares of an ally

Goblin Bombardier A (E9)
    HP 44/50
    AC 17; Fortitude 17; Reflex 19; Will 15
    War Pick (standard; at-will) +9 vs AC; 1d8 + 4 damage
    Javelin (standard; at-will) Ranged 10/20; +12 vs AC; 1d6 + 4
    Alchemist's Fire (standard; at-will) Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs Reflex; 1d10 + 4 Half damage on miss.
    Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will) The goblin shifts 1 square.

Goblin Bombardier B (I6)
    HP 20/50 Bloodied Prone
    Alchemist's Fire (standard; at-will) Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs Reflex; 1d10 + 4 Half damage on miss.
    Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack; at-will) The goblin shifts 1 square.

Goblin Warrior (M7)
    HP 21/46 Bloodied
    AC 19; Fortitude 15; Reflex 17; Will 14
    Spear (standard; at-will) +8 vs AC; 1d8 + 2 damage
    Javelin (standard; at-will) Ranged 10/20; +8 vs AC; 1d6 + 2 damage
    Mobile Ranged Attack (standard; at-will) The goblin warrior can move up to half its speed; at any point during that movement, it makes one ranged attack without provoking an opportunity attack
    Great Position: If, on its turn, the goblin warrior ends its move at least 4 squares away from its starting point, it deals an extra 1d6 damage on its ranged attacks until the start of its next turn.

Map:
    Area4-Round5A.jpg

Features:
    Illumination: Bright light.

Excavated Area: The excavated area is 10 feet below the level of the original floor. Anyone who falls off a plank or off the edge of a raised area into the excavation takes 1d10 damage and becomes prone.
    The walls are bare earth, and scaling them in either direction requires a DC 15 Athletics check. However,
    on any such attempt to ascend or descend a wall, there is a 50% chance (a roll of 1–10 on 1d20) that the earth crumbles and sends the character sliding down to the floor. A character who falls in this fashion becomes prone in the square where he began his movement but takes no damage.

Impassable Terrain: The area in the northwest corner of this area is where the goblins have piled the dirt they dug out of the room. No character or creature can move into these squares.

Planks: Any Medium creature attempting to move along a plank must make a successful DC 15 Acrobatics check or fall into the pit. If a character wearing heavy armor moves onto a plank, it snaps in half, sending the broken pieces and the character into the excavated area. The planks are not secured to the raised areas that they connect.

Ladders: Anyone climbing up or down a ladder moves at half speed, using 4 squares of movement to travel 10 feet. As a standard action, a character or a goblin can topple a ladder so that it falls into the excavation. A fallen ladder can be picked up and repositioned by a PC or a goblin that takes a standard action and succeeds on a DC 10 Strength check. The guard drakes are not capable of manipulating the ladders.

Ramp: The square along the south wall of this chamber that is adjacent to the raised area has been only partially dug up, so that it serves as a ramp between the original floor and the excavation. The goblins and guard drakes use the ramp to get into and out of the excavation.

Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Drakes and Goblins and bombs oh my!

Kelor on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shit. Can the Elf and Not-An-Elf focus on those stupid goblins? And maybe give Nex some support? Poor bastard has been out there all alone this whole combat (though he's still doing better than us) and the three melee types will finish this Drake. Does that sound like a plan?

Scosglen & Residue: I've got one more Healing Word that I can use this combat, and 2 Dwarven Ale based potions of healing. Who needs more help? I'd say Akarr, because I need him alive and pounding on Drakes with Thud.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Save Akarr.

Shit Ryadic. Hope it works out.

residue on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If I have the sphere move and attack the Bombardier that's prone, do I (or rather the sphere) get combat advantage against him? Or would I rather get -2 for attacking a target that's lieing down?

Declaration of intent: I plan to finish off the prone gnome with the sphere. And then spend an action point to move forward and use an encounter power on the remaining Bombardier. Ryadic to either team up with me depending on how I do or get in a shot at the warrior next to Nex. Hmm. If Ryadic shoots an arrow at the Warrior, and Nex shifts a step to the right, does Nex then get Flanking bonus?

residue on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Does my mark enforcement work against OA?

Brody on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Steel, I have my encounter utility and one more heal left, so I should be able to patch myself up once more for this fight, will do so after I get back from my run

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is going to be really stupid, but at the same time, super classy (Gods I hope this hits...):

Nex keeps his balance atop the stone pillar, but barely, and begins to desperately look for a way to create some distance between himself and the angry Goblin. Then, with the sound of the falling Bombardier, he glances down and sees it. Nex drops a shroud over the Warrior next to him, then leaps forward into his shadow, vanishing and reappearing down below next to the stunned Bombardier [Shadow Step to J6]. Spinning, Nex throws a noose of shadow up towards the Warrior, yanking violently at his throat and pulling him teetering towards the edge of the cliff... [Executioner's Noose with a Shroud, 24 vs Fort, hit! 17 Damage, and the Goblin is pulled 2 squares towards me and (if he fails his save) off the cliff for some delicious falling damage]

susan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

@Scosglen: Are you sure? Which of us is the better leader for bashing things? I mean, Thud likes it better, no contest. But is he better at actually doing it? I don't know.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The goblin warrior scrabbles at the floor as Nex's noose wraps drags him towards the edge, managing to grip onto a flagstone on the ground and hold onto it for dear life.
    Saving Throw: 1d20 = 19. Saved from falling, the goblin warrior is now prone.
    Brody wrote: »
    Does my mark enforcement work against OA?

Your mark enforcement does work on OAs, yes.

residue wrote: »
    Declaration of intent: I plan to finish off the prone gnome with the sphere. And then spend an action point to move forward and use an encounter power on the remaining Bombardier. Ryadic to either team up with me depending on how I do or get in a shot at the warrior next to Nex. Hmm. If Ryadic shoots an arrow at the Warrior, and Nex shifts a step to the right, does Nex then get Flanking bonus?

The prone goblin is out of flasks, so he can't throw any more of them at you, only spears. The one up the back that is still standing has a couple remaining so he's probably the one you want to go after.

I would say that the prone goblin does confer combat advatage to the sphere though.

Ranged attacks don't receive or offer combat advantage. There's a feat for it though, if you have two people flanking it already.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dang, that would've been a cool way to kill him. Oh well, he's at 4hp, I'd imagine his chances of seeing the next initiative pass are growing rather slim...

susan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was secretly hoping for it too.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Myrmidon Formation Effect: Thud gains 5 temporary HP
    Minor Action: Rub Some Dirt On It Akarr
    Standard Action: Rousing Assault on Drake C

Attack: 1d20+7+3=27 VS AC, HIT!
    Damage:1d8+3=6

Minor Action: Inspiring Word (I'm out of heals) on Akarr
    Effect: Akarr is healed for 11+(1d6+6=11)=22HP

Man I love Rubbin' dirt on stuff, what a useful ability

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Wizard is starting to look as if he could use a nap. Like a week long nap. He grits his teeth and looks through the room. With a whimper he tosses away a magic missile across the room, hitting the goblin warrior square in the back, toppling him over. One down.

Mindartis blinks, almost in surprise and then manipulates the sphere again, making it roll to the left and down, placing it right in front of the Bombardier that's still standing upright. The sphere does nothing more impressive than that, however.

Move: None.
    Minor: Maintain sphere.
    Standard: MM at warrior.

Magic Missile vs Reflex:HIT for 13 - Warrior be dead.

Action point!

Minor: None.
    Move: Move sphere to E8, floor level.
    Standard: Attack Bombardier with Sphere.

Flaming Sphere vs Reflex: MISS. Because that's how I roll.

residue on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Uff, I missed that the warrior was prone. But even so, with -2, that MM hit. He be dead. DEAD!

residue on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't have my book on me, so can someone post or PM me the text for Hunter's Quarry? Any site I try to go to look it up is blocked at work.

Also, which monster do you guys think is best for me to attack? I still have my daily (Hunter's Bear Trap) in case you think I should use that.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hunter's Quarry
    At-Will
    Minor Action

Effect: You can designate the nearest enemy to you that you can see as your quarry.
    Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. If you have dealt Hunter’s Quarry damage since the start of your turn, you cannot deal it again until the start of your next turn.

The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry.

You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.
    Level Hunter’s Quarry Extra Damage
    1st–10th +1d6

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    @Ryadic: Hope you're ok after your accident! I think you should pick off any goblins in the pit, especially ones who throw fire gourds at dwarves.

With Akarr besides him, Thud feels invigorated and renewed in his hated for these jerks. The runes of Moradin on his hammer glow as Thud tries to brand the Drake, but it deftly ducks its head, and Thud's blow misses.

"Aw, rocks."

Minor Action: Healing Word on Mindartis Residue can spend a healing surge and get an extra 4 + 1d6 HP
    Move Action: -
    Standard Action: Righteous Brand on Drake C = 10 MISS!!!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As the drake lunges at Akarr, Samhradh attempts to punish it with a sword in the face. Or even the side. But the blow skitters off the drakes thick scales. With building anger, Samhradh slashes at the drake again, this one piercing the scales. A rolling laugh follows, which hits the drake like a thunderclap, leaving it deafened and dazed.

Miss my natures fury attack.

Thundering Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 23 1d8+4 9

9 damage, and the drake is dazed and deafened. I think its eomnt, but I cant get to my books, and my DDI computer is completely dead.

Brody on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Sweet. Thanks.
    Healing surge + 4 + 1d6: 7+4+1d6 13 - Mindartis gains 13 hp, now at 26.

residue on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Don't forget that everybody gets +3 to attack on the drake on the platform from my daily

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I did forget about it, but it still wouldn't have helped me.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Still would have been dismally short of the drake on my II

Brody on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll do Aieldar to keep things moving into the next round.

Aieldar shifts his focus from the Drake to the Goblin that has been drawing his ire with the explosive vials.

Carrying his bow one handed, he leaps across the gap to the platform previously occupied by the now fallen goblin, draws a bead and lets fly with a shaft which sinks into the goblin's leg crippling it. With lightning speed he withdraws another arrow and strikes it's shoulder this time.
    Movement action: Jump to opposite platform, then move to F8. Athletic's check is 1d20+7 = 23. Cleared!
    Minor action: Hunter's Quarry on Bombardier A.
    Standard action: Hunter's Bear Trap on Bombardier A.

Attack roll: 1d20+11 vs AC = 17. Hit!
    Damage roll: 2d10+5 = 14 +1d8 (Hunter's Quarry) = 16 altogether. The goblin is slowed and ongoing 5 damage. (Save ends)

Action point!

Standard action: Careful Shot on Bombardier A.

Attack roll: 1d20+12 vs AC = 25. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+5 = 13.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The drake at the back of the hall lets out a roar of triumph as it's elusive meal flashes into sight in front of it and charges forward at Nex. The Changeling attempts to parry the blow but the force of the charge is too much as it finally sinks it's teeth into him.

To his left the groggy goblin stands back up, delighted to be within range of it's foe with no bombs at it's side. Hefting it's pick in one hand it lashes out with it's pick but Nex easily pushes away the clumsy blow.
    Drake A
    Standard action: Charge at Nex.
    Attack roll: 1d20+11 vs AC = 20. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 12.

Goblin Bombardier B
    Movement action: Stand Up
    Standard action: Attack with the pickaxe.

Attack roll: 1d20+9 = 12. Miss.

The goblin engaged by Aieldar puts it's weight on it's other leg, trying to alleviate the pain of the arrow shaft sunk deep into it's leg. Stumbling back to the rocks at the edge of the room, it readies it's final flask to throw at the elf before attempting to stem the flow. Aieldar is ready for this however and as it fumbles with the stopper looses another arrow directly into it's head, causing the flask to drop to the floor and explode upon the goblin's corpse.
    Goblin Bombardier A
    Start of it's turn it takes 5 ongoing damage from Hunter's Bear Trap.
    Movement action: Move to F11. (Slowed)
    Standard action: Alchemist's Fire at F8.

Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs AC = 16.

Immediate interrupt from Aieldar:
    Disrupting Strike: When you or an ally is attacked by a creature make a Dex vs AC attack. On hit 1[W]+Dex damage and target takes a penalty to it's attack roll equal to 3+Wis modifier (-6)

Attack roll: 1d20+10 vs AC = 22. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d10+5 = 13.

Goblin Bombardier A dies.

The drake reels from Samhradh's thunderous blow, streams of thick dark blood run down it's sides from the many cuts it has received but rallies and bites down hard on his arm with the crunch of yielding metal.
    Guard Drake C
    Standard action: Bite Samhradh.
    Attack roll: 1d20+10 = 30. Crit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 14.

Ignore the top Bombardier on the map, he's dead but I'd already saved the map.

Stats
    Nex
    HP 14/29 Bloodied
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

Akarr:
    HP 25/37 +8 Temporary Hit Points
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

Thud:
    HP 30/38
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

Samhradh:
    HP 19/49 Bloodied
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

Mindartis:
    HP 26/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

Aieldar:
    HP 27/36
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15

Guard Drake A (J7) Marked by Samhradh
    HP 67/90
    Bite (standard; at-will) +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage while within 2 squares of an ally.

Guard Drake C (G2)
    HP 48/90 Dazed, Deafened till end of Samhradh's Turn.
    Bite (standard; at-will) +10 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage while within 2 squares of an ally

Goblin Bombardier B (I6)
    HP 20/50 Bloodied

Map:
    Area4-Round6A.jpg

Features:
    Illumination: Bright light.

Excavated Area: The excavated area is 10 feet below the level of the original floor. Anyone who falls off a plank or off the edge of a raised area into the excavation takes 1d10 damage and becomes prone.
    The walls are bare earth, and scaling them in either direction requires a DC 15 Athletics check. However,
    on any such attempt to ascend or descend a wall, there is a 50% chance (a roll of 1–10 on 1d20) that the earth crumbles and sends the character sliding down to the floor. A character who falls in this fashion becomes prone in the square where he began his movement but takes no damage.

Impassable Terrain: The area in the northwest corner of this area is where the goblins have piled the dirt they dug out of the room. No character or creature can move into these squares.

Planks: Any Medium creature attempting to move along a plank must make a successful DC 15 Acrobatics check or fall into the pit. If a character wearing heavy armor moves onto a plank, it snaps in half, sending the broken pieces and the character into the excavated area. The planks are not secured to the raised areas that they connect.

Ladders: Anyone climbing up or down a ladder moves at half speed, using 4 squares of movement to travel 10 feet. As a standard action, a character or a goblin can topple a ladder so that it falls into the excavation. A fallen ladder can be picked up and repositioned by a PC or a goblin that takes a standard action and succeeds on a DC 10 Strength check. The guard drakes are not capable of manipulating the ladders.

Ramp: The square along the south wall of this chamber that is adjacent to the raised area has been only partially dug up, so that it serves as a ramp between the original floor and the excavation. The goblins and guard drakes use the ramp to get into and out of the excavation.

Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Drakes and Goblins and bombs oh my!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Rrrraaaaah, I've had enough o' these beasties!" Thud growls, a dangerous look in eyes. Whispering a faint prayer or Moradin, Thud brings his hammer back over his head and brings it crashing straight down onto the Drake's head. The thunderous blow is made even more punishing by the fact that the Drake's entire noggin bursts into flames! "Take that, you foul smelling, dull toothed, poor excuse fer a dragon!"

Minor Action: -
    Move Action: Shift to G3 for some flanking...
    Standard Action: Avenging Flame = CRIT!!!!! for 27 + 6 = 33 pts of Damage
    The drake takes ongoing 5 points of fire damage, and if the drake attacks on its turn, it cannot save against the ongoing damage. Fucker.

Critting on my daily is soooooo satisfying.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Akarr takes advantage of the Drake's momentary distraction as it sinks its teeth into Samhradh to cautiously back up a few steps, wheel about and run to create some distance. Turning back to the Drake, Akarr lowers his head and leans forward, bursting into a flat out charge, sword readied to lash and shield held forward to bludgeon.

Move Action: Move to C2
    Standard Action: Flattening Charge on Drake C (charge to F2)

Attack vs Fort:: 1d20+7+3+1 26, HIT!
    Damage Roll:: 1d8+3 4 Damage

Effect: Creature is knocked prone

The blade connects only with mild satisfaction along the scaly flank, but Akarr swings his shield and smashes one of the beast's legs, mangling it with the sound of shattering bones as the Drake collapses with a howling roar.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nex needs to get out, and he knows it. Nex spins to face the Bombardier, contorting his features and limbs in an effort to confuse the goblin [Changeling Trick] and then lashing out with a sword thrust empowered by a shroud [Shroud + Leaping Shade]. While his trick does confuse the Goblin, his sword still can't find its mark as he nearly loses his grip on the blood-slick hilt URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2554965/"]Success on the Changeling Trick (I have CA on the Bombardier until the end of my next turn), Fumble on the Attack (naturally)[/URL. Nex then steps through the overlapping shadows of the Drake and the Goblin, reappearing safely up on the ledge near where his companions are finishing off the other demon lizard [Shadow Step to H4].

susan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mindartis rushes up to the edge next to Nex and gives him a quick wink. "Where've you been? There's a fight going on right here?" Apparently the healing he got from Thud also restored his wonderful sense of camradiere. He flicks out his wand and draws a circle in the air with it. The circle takes on color, then shape, and suddenly a glowing orb of force is zapping down into the put, hitting, albeit merely glancing it seems like, the Bombardier, but the orb cracks and the shards dig into the drake behind him.

"I was expecting a lot more from that." mutters the Eladrin, looking a bit perplexed.
    Minor: maintain sphere
    Move action: Move to G4.
    Standard: Force Orb at Bombardier

Force Orb vs Reflex /w wand: HIT! with a dieroll of 19 I feel I deserved a crit on that since 2d8+5 gives 8 force fucking damage. Bloody hell. Rolling secondary attack on drake.
    Force Orb vs Reflex, secondary attack: Hit for 11 force damage.

residue on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nex turns and smirks at Mindartis, "Oh you know, such interesting architecture down here, must have gotten distracted and missed all the fun." He wipes a forearm across his sweaty brow, leaving a streak of blood, and shrugs. "Well, maybe not all of it."

Turning down to the last enemy Goblin, Nex shouts, "Hey Goblin! Not sure you realized this, but you are out of bombs, and we are not!" He then makes an obscene gesture made possible only through the shifting anatomy of the Changeling race.

susan on