Options

The Great [Backlog] Challenge! (OLD THREAD)

• Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    UpdateStatus, 1/26

Now I can truly say I thoroughly played Left 4 Dead.

I guess Shadow of the Colossus, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, and The Lost Vikings are next. :D

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus
    My post actually has progress things now because I put a backlog up. I start plugging away at it tomorrow...after I trade in Mass Effect.

T4CT on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I might make up a list after NSMB comes out, as there is no way in hell I'm going to slog through my remaining RPGs and platformers in the next four weeks.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't have a list, but I can say that I beat the first Phoenix Wright today. Finally, that makes all Ace Attorney games completed.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OK, lets ROCK!

!SignUp Difficulty of all the below games will be on medium unless otherwise stated

3/15

PC
    • Mass Effect - Story completion (already finished it on the 360, but probably end up getting the sequel on PC)
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky - Story Completion
    • The Witcher - Story Completion
    • Saints Row 2 - Story Completion

PS3
    • Demon's Souls - Completion D:
    • Battlefield Bad Company - Story completion
    • Mirrors Edge- Story Completed
    • Dead Space - NG+ Medium completion or Hard completion
    • Wipeout HD Fury - Completion to Phantom Class
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Story Completed

PSP
    • Motorstorm Arctic Edge - Complete Rank 6
    • Castlevania - The Dracula X Chronciles - Completion

NES
    • Super Mario Bros. 3 - Completion without flutes
    • Mega Man 2 - Completed up to stupid Dr Willy

DS
    • Metroid Fusion - Completion

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't have a list, but I can say that I beat the first Phoenix Wright today. Finally, that makes all Ace Attorney games completed.

...You played them out of order?

And Teeman, I just picked up Folklore from a closing Blockbuster for ten bucks. I wonder how long it's supposed to be? I just started and all this weird shit is going on that I don't get. Gotta go back to that eventually.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2009

...You played them out of order?
    Not exactly. I played the second-third-Apollo Justice in that order, but I could never find the first one at a decent price until recently.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Its a pretty narrative-deep game from what I remember playing it about a year and a half ago, enough to warrant me restarting my save of about 7 hours. No idea how far along I was to solving the various mysteries though.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man. Chains of Olympus is a badass game. I do not regret playing it first.

Senshi on
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus, 1/75

Just updating to get my official count listed. Now time to get to it!

UreshiiAkuma on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Jammer: Who's rushing? I'm in no real hurry to get through my backlog.

Exactly ... at the end of the day I play games for fun and to relax. If any of the games on my list were ones I haven't enjoyed / don't enjoy, stop enjoying, they would be removed from the list :) I see this backlog tracking as a fun way to chart progress, and to serve as a reminder anytime I think I need a new game.

UreshiiAkuma on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus, 1/13

Beat Uncharted 2. I'll probably play multiplayer and co-op and play it again on hard and all that jazz before moving on to finishing LBP.

Re: LBP I'm stuck on the last level. I'm cool not beating it (unless someone convinces me otherwise), I just want to play some online levels and such.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And I've fallen. Today, I bought:

A Boy and his Blob
    $20 Microsoft card (will probably pick up the Zombie shooter & some Indie games)
    $60 Sony card (bought Half Minute Hero & Crimson Gem Saga)
    Reservation on Darkside Chronicles for my birthday

In my defense, I also sold a ton of games so those games are effectively off my backlog.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Frak.
    I know it's no RROD, but 360 still has a hardware failure of the E74 kind, which conveniently requires service. Really? One year old console? I don't remember my SNES or Sega Saturn ever bailing on me right when I wanted to play...Heck, on my NES I just gotta blow on the cartridge and it works!

Edit: Oh yeah, the reason I post this here is because I was considering taking part in the backlog challenge (since I have a decent one, and I need to resist buying games in order to afford a house). BUT, apparently I can't now.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Frak.
    I know it's no RROD, but 360 still has a hardware failure of the E74 kind, which conveniently requires service. Really? One year old console? I don't remember my SNES or Sega Saturn ever bailing on me right when I wanted to play...Heck, on my NES I just gotta blow on the cartridge and it works!

Edit: Oh yeah, the reason I post this here is because I was considering taking part in the backlog challenge (since I have a decent one, and I need to resist buying games in order to afford a house). BUT, apparently I can't now.

Notice how I don't have any 360 games on priority theres a reason for that. Third RROD oh well.

Half life is going pleasantly smooth but I think I'm going to finish off Fallout tonight I've played my share of the game and will come back to it at some point. But for now I may as well finish the DLC I paid for.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looking on my shelf, I just realized I forgot I hadn't done all the Character Stories in BlazBlue, so I added it to the list. Though, honestly, I may never get around to that one.

Houn on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Update
    added more details to my signup post. Cracking away at Fallovt right now, waiting for a good time to get going on ODST's legendary with my friend, hoping to spend some time with Zack and Wiki soon.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Update Status 1/22

Beat F.E.A.R a few minutes ago. Makes me wonder why I stopped playing it, was pretty good the whole way through.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Signup

This is probably tempting fate considering Dragon Age and and the new Call of Duty are out so soon
    but what the hell

PC
    Total War: Medieval 2
    Fallout 3
    Jade Empire
    Baldurs Gate 2 (I can never get past the 3rd act :s)
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Up to Chinatown)
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Mass Effect (Doing a play through for the pc version)
    Braid (Been playing this on the train/plane I'm in no rush, it's slowly but surely getting done)
    Half Life 1
    Half Life 2 + Episodes
    Deus Ex
    World in Conflict Soviet Assault (Finished the yankee campaign haven't touched the xp yet)
    Penumbra 1+2 (Its so god damned scary >.<)
    Dragon Age (I payed off my preorder two weeks ago)
    Bioshock

Xbox 360
    Fable 2 (Up to that big prison place, I literally just gave up because the combat was so god damned boring)
    GTA IV (I'm really unmotivated to do the story, I keep getting distracted when driving around and start blowing shit up)
    Halo 3 ODST (I played Halo 3 single player and got bored in 5 minutes while I'm really loving ODST)
    Saints Row 2 (Likewise with GTA IV)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Original Xbox played about half way through, really enjoyed it)
    Kotor 2 (Original Xbox)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Payed off my preorder a week or so ago)

Wii

Bully
    Resident Evil (GC version remake)
    Metriod Prime Trilogy (Picked with up the other day for $50 $AUD, never really played much of the series despite being a massive fan of the 2D ones)
    Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask (I've got a play through up to the stone tower)

Shiiit, I got me some gaming to do

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Update Status 1/22

Beat F.E.A.R a few minutes ago. Makes me wonder why I stopped playing it, was pretty good the whole way through.

I'm the same way with it. It's gonna be the first game I tackle. I really do enjoy it and it's fairly challenging.

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I cant help the addiction I already have a lot of games reserved like CoD and Tekken and just....I have no will power to stop this shit. I just....cant....I will however not buy any games that are like...sudden buys.

Ok heres what Ill do. Ill do a fake signup. Ill only buy the extreme aniticipated games I wanted and not buy any games that are just sudden and strike my eye. Its not full blown but itll keep me to only buying around 3 more games this year! I. Can. Do it!

So. Fake signup!

Ill list my backlog tomorrow or so. As of now uhhhhh, Im tired and just wanna play some games before I need to sleep for work again tomorrow. *sniff*

Oh and I know this doesnt look like much but I guarantee there were a lot of games Id buy just out of prinicipal this year like Assassins creed. But Ill not do that now. I wont. I may not be following the rules but Im a recovering addict in his first steps.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Update Status: 0/67 Just wanted to get a total up there. Unfortunately, making a day trip up to Indiana for my fiancé's family reunion tomorrow, and had a wedding cake appointment today, followed by Windows 7 upgrade, so my gaming time has been kind of shot this weekend. However, I have officially stepped away from WoW in the spirit of this backlog challenge, so I shall persevere with my gaming right after work on Monday. I hope to have Brutal Legend and/or Mass Effect beat before Dragon Age comes out, then begin work on that (see my sign up post for explanation) and whatever my Backloggery Fortune Cookie tells me to. I will keep you updated!

Dourin on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, fake signups so don't count.

Houn on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This will be helpful. There are a number of titles coming out soon that I want, but I ought to finish what I've got going on here first.

!Signup

Paradiso's backlog: 0/9
    • L4D - Goal: Finish all stories on Advanced
    • Sacred 2 - Unfinished
    • Mass Effect - Goal: Renegade run
    • Madden 2010 - Goal: Finish a franchise season
    • Portal - Unfinished
    • Fallout 3 - Goal: Finish all the DLC
    • Half Life 2 - Unfinished
    • Medieval 2 - Unfinished
    • Too Human - Goal: finish my Defender.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I can see why I still have my old copy of The Lost Vikings. Despite being 16 years old, it's spectacularly good fun. I've got maybe one third to go, so hopefully I'll soon be able to get cracking on my more recent acquisitions. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Man, fake signups so don't count.

:( Im trrrryyyyiiiing maaaaaan!!!!

*sniff* But I shit you not when I say that fake sign up will save me so much money this year. Because of this I will resist buying things. ...except anime..because that isnt games...

mastrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You can always sign up and where necessary just increase the size of your backlog.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus, 1/69

Just beat Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green. A short, shitty budget title, but I'm glad it's out of the way.

tardcore on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You can always sign up and where necessary just increase the size of your backlog.

And deal with the shame of failure

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »

That would make me cry. Oh so hard. Its just the games I have coming to me Ive already paid for honestly. So I cant help that part. And theres no way Id cancel em now. But Im going to use this as my way to just simply reject buying anything but what Ive already paid for earlier. No sudden buys or anything. I know Im a faker here but really. This will work for me as it is.

mastrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    mastrius wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »

That would make me cry. Oh so hard. Its just the games I have coming to me Ive already paid for honestly. So I cant help that part. And theres no way Id cancel em now. But Im going to use this as my way to just simply reject buying anything but what Ive already paid for earlier. No sudden buys or anything. I know Im a faker here but really. This will work for me as it is.

Hold on a second.

If you've already paid for the games but they haven't arrived yet, they're on your games backlog. No one's expecting you to cancel your orders for those games. Ordering new games after posting a games backlog would be different, but this isn't the case.

You wouldn't be "faking it" in any way.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You could just include the games you plan on buying in your backlog.

just sayin'

edit yeah i should really read all the posts in a thread before i start replying to it.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus, 2/75
    Finished up the puzzles in Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box! Moving on to Scribblenauts as my DS game of focus.

UreshiiAkuma on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !UpdateStatus, 2/75
    Finished up the puzzles in Prof Layton and the Diabolical Box! Moving on to Scribblenauts as my DS game of focus.

I never figured out the last puzzle, "The Diabolical Box".

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm calling myself done with Brutal Legend. No willpower to get all the collectables, and multiplayer is boring. All and all, I'm largely disappointed with it; a great idea that fails to live up to it's potential.

Tim Schafer just blew all his accumulated cred from Psychonauts on this one.

Houn on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this is going to kill me

Arivia's Backlog
    • Fallout 3 - One Playthrough
    • Lost Odyssey - Never Played
    • Star Ocean 4 - Unfinished
    • Project Sylpheed - Never Played
    • Halo - Unfinished (and then 2 and 3 thereafter, possibly)
    • Jade Empire - Unfinished
    • Bullet Witch - Unfinished
    • Fatal Frame II - Never Played
    • Fable - Never Played
    • Dead Rising - Unfinished (survive until helicopter pickup)
    • Mass Effect - Hardcore & Insane Playthroughs, All Achievements
    • Enchanted Arms - Unfinished
    • Eternal Sonata - Unfinished
    • Valkyria Chronicles - Unfinished
    • LittleBigPlanet - Unfinished
    • Disgaea 3 - Never Played
    • Oblivion - Unfinished
    • Clive Barker's Jericho - Unfinished
    • Resistance 2 - Never Played
    • Wet - Never Played
    • SMT: Nocturne - Unfinished
    • Resident Evil 4 - Unfinished
    • Dark Summit - Never Played
    • Dragon Quest 8 - Never Played
    • Wild Arms 4 - Unfinished ^
    • Obscure: The Aftermath - Never Played
    • Eternal Poison - Never Played
    • Siren - Never Played
    • Grandia II - Never Played
    • Rule of Rose - Never Played
    • Tales of the Abyss - Unfinished
    • Final Fantasy XII - Finish All The Hunts
    • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Never Played
    • Suikoden III - Never Played
    • Dark Cloud - Never Played
    • Dark Cloud II - Never Played
    • La Pucelle Tactics - Unfinished
    • Grandia II - Never Played
    • Odin Sphere - Unfinished
    • Tales of Legendia - Never Played
    • Suikoden V - Unfinished
    • Suikoden IV - Unfinished
    • Rogue Galaxy - Never Played
    • GrimGrimoire - Unfinished
    • Atelier Iris 3 - Never Played
    • Suikoden Tactics - Never Played
    • Disgaea - Unfinished
    • Soul Nomad and the other words - Never Played
    • Wild Arms: Alter Code F - Unfinished
    • Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Never Played
    • Psychonauts - Unfinished
    • Bloodrayne 2 - Unfinished
    • Makai Kingdom - Never Played
    • Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Unfinished ^
    • Mana-Khemia - Never Played
    • Valkyrie Profile 2 - Never Played
    • Persona 4 - Unfinished
    • Magna Carta - Never Played
    • Radiata Stories - Never Played
    • Disgaea 2 - Never Played
    • Okami - Unfinished
    • Shadow of the Colossus - Unfinished
    • SMT: Digital Devil Saga - Never Played
    • SMT: Digital Devil Saga II - Never Played
    • Romancing Saga - Never Played
    • Baroque - Unfinished
    • Unlimited Saga - Never Played
    • Shadow Hearts: Into The New World - Never Played
    • Final Fantasy X-2 - Unfinished
    • Dawn of War: Soulstorm - Unfinished
    • The Witcher - Never Played
    • Neverwinter Nights 2 - Never Played
    • Stalker: Something Chernobyl - Never Played
    • Dragon Age - Never Played (sorry, there's just no way I'm not picking up a new Bioware game day of release)

^ games I know don't work on my PS3, so I may have to beg off on them for a bit.

edit: holy shit, spoilered for length.

0/74 completed

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought my list of 10 or so unfinished games was bad, but jeez I have to say that some of the lists on here are insane.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn consumerist culture! :D The only games I feel that I should really rush out to buy are games I have a feeling won't be available for much longer (namely, Atlus titles)

Do I need to worry about Demon's Souls' availability? It's only tenuously associated with Atlus, right?

I started a backloggery, but it isn't anywhere near complete. Just a list of games I'm not playing right now that I should be.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Meh, I don't know what to say. I just get to games when I feel like playing something.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn consumerist culture! :D The only games I feel that I should really rush out to buy are games I have a feeling won't be available for much longer (namely, Atlus titles)

Do I need to worry about Demon's Souls' availability? It's only tenuously associated with Atlus, right?

I started a backloggery, but it isn't anywhere near complete. Just a list of games I'm not playing right now that I should be.

Demon's Souls already sold out completely once, but Atlus seems to be pretty committed to keeping it in print.

Dehumanized on