As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hags, and Turkey Termination

• Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm an enchanter, and I rarely told people in the group that I was one. No one bothered checking my rings. I didn't want other people getting shards. Pay for the fucking things yourself from the AH, or pay an enchanter to DE it afterwards. If you won the greed roll and got a green, go vendor it, there, you made some gold. Most people wouldn't bother trying to look for an enchanter, so they would vendor it, and use that gold to buy the mats. Just like all the other professions that have mats. You want em, either have that profession, or pay for it. Why should it be different with us?

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Just remember that at the top of the LFD tool, you can checkmark what roles you want to queue as. When I was running last night with some friends, I clicked off DPS and just left Tank checked so it knew not to grab us another tank when we went into random for an extra person or two. It was working great.

Oh yeah, I know I can just force myself into a role, but on most characters I don't mind ending up as DPS as long as the tank/healer roles are well covered. Though my druid dps is still embarassing enough that I typically only check Healer and Tank on him. Shadow dps was kinda embarassing too, but on levelling instances I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Like I said when I am on my mage or warlock people roll greed or de I could care less
    On my rogue it saves the postage to my mage

I find it funny the free exp they hand out for doing random dungeons at the lower levels

I would like to have a word with the alliaince of Bonechewer STOP ROLLING FUCKING NEED ok!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not arguing whether the DE option is nice or not. It's very convenient. What I'm arguing is that it's a pretty huge change when they change skills into some sort of aura that let's everybody use the skill. And I'm not sure I'm in favor of that.
    Let's face it ... skills are designed to mandate interaction between characters at the cost of convenience. Being an enchanter, I have to trade to get my enchanting rods. There has to be a miner that mines some ore and a blacksmith that makes the rod. It'd be a lot easier for me, if I could do that myself.
    With the DE option, they've made it more convenient at the cost of interaction. Maybe they'll take the idea further and maybe not.
    Have a warlock in your party? You can conjure a health stone yourself.
    Have a rogue in your party? You can use his pick lock ability.
    Have a paladin in your party? You can cast buffs on yourself on his behalf.

I don't like the principle of having someone else playing my character for me. That's why I'm there. And it has nothing to do with shards or money.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Those analogies are all fail.

For the reason I already stated. It's not really a hard concept here.

If the DE option worked when an enchanter was not in the group, then you'd have a legitimate complaint. Now it just saves the effort of "Hey, before you go, can you DE this loot I got?" or "Mail loot to Alt" or "/2 LF Enchanter to DE some stuff for me, will tip."

Nothing changed other than making it easier.

Also, anyone vendoring greens is a fucking idiot. You can get 3x as much for most of them on the AH.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Infinite dust goes for 150g a stack here...so vendoring a green is giving up about 50g.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Infinite dust goes for 150g a stack here...so vendoring a green is giving up about 50g.

well I am retarded then

brb sharding greens

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Fiskebent wrote: »

I'm so behind this. Sure beats ten minutes of yelling "Give me kings instead of might, I'm a warrior with battle shout!"

Echo on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, for me, all the DE button changes is, one, I reliably can get a shard or crystal or two from some heroics when I'm not on my 465 fucking enchanter, and two, a lot of the time I don't need to send her 5 mails full of greens to sit there and DE.

I see the people who are complaining's point, but if you want things to make sense, or to stand on principle against something that makes things easier, WoW is not the game for you. WoW has, for a long time, valued quality of life over everything, especially immersion.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    By abstracting the argument into a control-of-character issue, you're ignoring the fact that Blizzard is just making things how everyone was doing it anyways, only easier.

Sure, I guess some enchanters are jerks and refuse to DE stuff for people, but on mine, I was always happy to collect stuff and parcel out shards at the end of the run, and I never personally ran into someone who wasn't similarly happy to do so, when on one of my non-DE characters. The only somewhat critical comment that makes sense to me is riz's, about one roll for shards vs. multiple rolls, and someone could win every one. I guess we'll all have to run enough heroics for the law of large numbers to kick in.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Echo wrote: »

I'm so behind this. Sure beats ten minutes of yelling "Give me kings instead of might, I'm a warrior with battle shout!"

Paladin zones in.

"Hey man, give the melee might and give the casters wisdom, I'll use my Kings Drum so we can have both buffs up."

Paladin gives everyone Kings, ignores further requests from the group for any different buff.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    martini wrote: »
    By abstracting the argument into a control-of-character issue, you're ignoring the fact that Blizzard is just making things how everyone was doing it anyways, only easier.

Sure, I guess some enchanters are jerks and refuse to DE stuff for people, but on mine, I was always happy to collect stuff and parcel out shards at the end of the run, and I never personally ran into someone who wasn't similarly happy to do so, when on one of my non-DE characters. The only somewhat critical comment that makes sense to me is riz's, about one roll for shards vs. multiple rolls, and someone could win every one. I guess we'll all have to run enough heroics for the law of large numbers to kick in.

The only issue i see with this system is devaluing abyss crystals, but that already happened when ToC 5 was released.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kainy wrote: »
    Yeah, for me, all the DE button changes is, one, I reliably can get a shard or crystal or two from some heroics when I'm not on my 465 fucking enchanter, and two, a lot of the time I don't need to send her 5 mails full of greens to sit there and DE.

especially immersion.

For me that's the biggest thing, but in opposite.

I always made sure when sharding that everyone got something. You won something, fuck off, no shard for you.

Now because of RNG, I could walk in, win 2 items, and 3 shards and no one else gets squat.

Of course I realize some enchanters are/were dicks and just took all the shards, but those are the same assholes that will just roll need on everything they can because "that's how it's done on my server"

But whatever, life it easier now.. I don't have to split stacks, don't have to disenchant and I'll just answer 'looking for enchanters' less and make more scrolls now.. just like JC's have been doing forever on our server.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Echo wrote: »

Hey, I'm for it to.

Then they can keep respamming their own blessing of might when it's falling off since the warrior in the group decided to use battle shout (and ditto with wisdom and shamans with their mana spring totems) rather than pestering me with requests to rebuff it.

You know, after I told them several times that they don't stack and I don't have the improved version of either talent.

Nobody on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The only issue i see with this system is devaluing abyss crystals, but that already happened when ToC 5 was released.

This will devalue dust and essences by a large margin. Now most everyone running heroics will be undercutting those 1 and 2 stacks of dust they got that night.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nobody wrote: »
    You know, after I told them several times that they don't stack and I don't have the improved version of either talent.

Hate: why does the damn thing have to knock other buffs off? Can't it just keep all buffs but only gain the effect of the best one?

I'm tired of going "OOOPS, had mana spring totem in the bar. Hey pally, rebuff Wisdom again!"

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gnutson wrote: »

This will devalue dust and essences by a large margin. Now most everyone running heroics will be undercutting those 1 and 2 stacks of dust they got that night.

I had some half-arsed idea about an enchanter-crafted material to keep something of higher value for enchanters to do.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My server's economy is incredibly inflated, I'm for the devaluation of dust. Essences here for some reason are rock bottom already. I'm also in for the devaluation of arctic fur now that you can trade heavy leather for them since they were 150-200g previously.

I think I posted this before, but I had an alt on my old server with about 20k on him that I couldn't bring over since he's only 70 and I didn't feel like leveling him to 80. So I checked the difference in AH prices between my new server and the old server, and quadrupled that 20k by buying arctic furs for 50g and infinite dust for 25g a stack on the old server then transferring over and dumping it all.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Happy - Did ICC-10 last night - went pretty easy.
    Hope - The ICC-25 goes as smoothly on sunday.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Happy - Ran a specific search Forge of Souls and had no luck from the last boss. Went into a random for shits and giggles.

Needle-Encrusted Scorpion about 20 minutes later :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hate: Still haven't picked up anything useful out of a sack of helpful goods (a tanking ring instead of cloth shoulders this time)

Happy: Getting better at healing.

Happy: Got Whitemane's Chapeau on my priest, now she looks like the Popess.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hope: They've fixed the Saurfang bug by tonight's raid. We did ICC 25 man on Tuesday, the instance servers were borked all night, and when we tried to pull folks in for Saurfang they kept getting the "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found" bug. So we ended up calling the raid after gunship, planned on going in last night to finish... Oh whoops, apparently there's a bug where the NPC's don't spawn. Oh hey, they just applied a hotfix, need to soft reset the instance. K, go do ToGC, come back.... Ooops, hotfix didn't work, they'll have to address it during rolling restarts. Bleh.

Happy: It takes less that 30 seconds on my healers and about .001 seconds on my tank to get into a Heroic run.

Related to the current pages happy/hate: The new disenchant thing. I love that it makes way less work for me. I hate that I can't distribute shards evenly if we're chain running stuff. I also hate that I may end up getting boned on some random healing gear because it's a lower AC than my Paladin/Shaman/Druid "should" use. I feel bad for Shamans especially: I leveled that character as Ele, and I know there's not a single piece of blue caster mail until BRD. You wear cloth and you like it.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Happy: We killed a boss in ICC25 man. That ups the expected boss killing total past the zero I had previously assumed.

Sad: With a tricks rotation finally sorted out with another rogue in the raid I ended up getting raped by marr on the transition due to miss timing the CD. The sad part really though, is that being dead 20% of the fight I still ended up in third place over the rest of our dps.

It's scary how bad some STILL are.

Edit:

Love: The new LFG feature with gear scoring. While I don't condone gear score being the determining factor between players, its nice to see it weed out the green geared new 80s trying to do the new ice crown heroics.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

If the DE option worked when an enchanter was not in the group, then you'd have a legitimate complaint. Now it just saves the effort of "Hey, before you go, can you DE this loot I got?" or "Mail loot to Alt" or "/2 LF Enchanter to DE some stuff for me, will tip."

Also, anyone vendoring greens is a fucking idiot. You can get 3x as much for most of them on the AH.

So if someone can just get a green, then leave the instance, and ask in trade for an enchanter and will tip, what do you think the odds of me getting a tip if I were to DE the green while still in the person's group? I have never gotten a tip from de'ing in groups. Ever. I never ask mind you because I know you guys will complain.

Again, why should our profession be any different than others where you pay the person for mats? I have a skill that allows you to have this mat, you don't, therefore, fucking pay me for it. Don't wanna pay? Level the fucking profession yourself.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I remember back in the day before they added in those wonderful Veliums. People would bitch about charging or just never tip on the common enchants. But you know what ill just sell my greens thanks. I am not hurting for money anyways.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Happy: Selling an insane amount of epic gems since everyone's upgrading gear in the new 5-mans.

supertall on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Urgh: Oculus three times, Gundrak three times, UP four times today. A little variation would be nice.

reVerse on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    Urgh: Oculus three times, Gundrak three times, UP four times today. A little variation would be nice.

Me and a rouge did 6-7 heroics in a row yesterday and got a different one each time - go go random.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh yeah, and HoL three times.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    supertall wrote: »
    Happy: Selling an insane amount of epic gems since everyone's upgrading gear in the new 5-mans.

I had been saving up on my alchemist and had 4 of each epic to sell. Prices went up by about 30% on my server the past two days. That, and I sold a nobles deck for 4.2kg. Now I don't have to worry about gold for awhile.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd take UP 4 times anyday (more shots for the non-existant mount)!

Tyberius on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tyberius wrote: »

UP doesn't drop a mount, it's a figment of your imagination. :)
    Also, for the last 3 days the very first random 5man I run has been ToC

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I used to think it was a myth, too. But then my friend got it. Good thing she's a druid!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tyberius wrote: »

UP doesn't drop a mount, it's a figment of your imagination. :)
    Also, for the last 3 days the very first random 5man I run has been ToC

I personally know 2 people with the blue proto, and I was present for both dropping.

They use their rusted protos now.

(Also one of them ALSO has the time-lost proto drake. I want him dead.)

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've "randomly" run H Nexus nine times since patch day.

I've run H Nexus on purpose four times as much as anywhere else, what the hell RNG?

Hate: up to 30 shots at the Baron's charger. I keep on truckin'...

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

So if someone can just get a green, then leave the instance, and ask in trade for an enchanter and will tip, what do you think the odds of me getting a tip if I were to DE the green while still in the person's group? I have never gotten a tip from de'ing in groups. Ever. I never ask mind you because I know you guys will complain.

Again, why should our profession be any different than others where you pay the person for mats? I have a skill that allows you to have this mat, you don't, therefore, fucking pay me for it. Don't wanna pay? Level the fucking profession yourself.

I could see a reason for self-oriented enchanters to want to turn the feature off and would argue they should be able to. I'm sure the arguments to turn it on in pugs would lead to unhappy discourse but in the end enchanters have a profession being used against their will. I really would say that this category of player, although most voiceful against this issue, is in the minority.

On the other hand, the disenchant button has made a few of my guild's enchanters blissfully happy because of the reduction of burden on them and there's no way this feature should be reverted for everyone.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think there is a thing wrong with the blizzard gear score, it gives me nexus and oculus when I have my gear in the bank.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    dougly wrote: »

I could see a reason for self-oriented enchanters to want to turn the feature off and would argue they should be able to. I'm sure the arguments to turn it on in pugs would lead to unhappy discourse but in the end enchanters have a profession being used against their will. I really would say that this category of player, although most voiceful against this issue, is in the minority.

On the other hand, the disenchant button has made a few of my guild's enchanters blissfully happy because of the reduction of burden on them and there's no way this feature should be reverted for everyone.

As an enchanter I'd gladly allow for roll for DE but I'd still like the ability to turn it off. It is the principle that I care most about. No other profession is forced to have their ability used against their will.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would just like the DE rolls to take lower priority than the Greed rolls. I feel like a jackass rolling Need on off-spec items.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I would just like the DE rolls to take lower priority than the Greed rolls. I feel like a jackass rolling Need on off-spec items.

^^^^^^^^

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
This discussion has been closed.