Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Quoth the Raven

StericaSterica Wow!That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
The Bro is dead.

Long live the Raven.

YL9WnCY.png
kedinikdarklite_x
«13

Posts

  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Quoth the Bro
    "Nevermore"

    zepherin on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    tumblr_luyxbvCzK41r1ywcto1_500.jpg

    DarkPrimusCrippl3
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I think this change is for the birds.

    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Caulk Bite 6OrcaBrainleechchiasaur11ZomboyPantsB
  • JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    This change reminded me that the central premise of the show is that Raven is psychic, which

    I kinda forgot about?

    Disney Channel throws some weird ideas out.

    EDIT- Did they ever make a psychic joke?

    Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Houn wrote: »
    tumblr_luyxbvCzK41r1ywcto1_500.jpg

    I forsee this getting a lot of use

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

    tynic
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    so what's the actual story behind this?

  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    so what's the actual story behind this?

    Icy saw no so raven button where a so raven button should be

    and he said "no. this will not do"

    so the legend goes

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    so what's the actual story behind this?

    My money's on "people had finally collectively standardized the usage of the 'bro?' button, so let's come up with something even more confusing!"

    FiendishrabbitCaulk Bite 6kimeLovelyRawkking GoodguyButtcleftMr RayPantsBSionnach Rua
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Casual wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    so what's the actual story behind this?

    Icy saw no so raven button where a so raven button should be

    and he said "no. this will not do"

    so the legend goes

    Hey now, I had to push for this. I had to submit a ticket and get in line.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    so what's the actual story behind this?

    Icy saw no so raven button where a so raven button should be

    and he said "no. this will not do"

    so the legend goes

    Hey now, I had to push for this. I had to submit a ticket and get in line.

    That's so Raven.

    DasUberEdwardTychoCelchuuuShadowenBloodySlothElvenshae
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    In the spirit of the new button, I'm going to go ahead and predict the next few buttons to be added:

    "So Raven" will be replaced by "Wakka" in late 2014.
    "Wassail" will be briefly added to the 2014 Xmas Hangout.
    "Wakka" will be replaced by "What is Love?" in Feb 2015, but will return in April after no one uses it.
    "Wakka" will again be replaced in Sept 2015, this time by "Alphanumeric".
    2016 will see a huge shake-up when a "Disagree" button is finally added in mid January.
    "Disagree" will be renamed to "Frowny" in an attempt to light up it's image.
    "Frowny" will be removed due to it being the only button ever pressed in D&D.
    Due to outcry, "Frowny" will return, but after a mere two days it will be replaced with "Dinkleburg!"
    In late 2016, tired of the drama caused by status buttons, they will all be removed.
    2017 will open with 7 new buttons, three of which say "<3 Tube", and four of which say "<3 Icy".

    FeralDyasAlureLovelyan_altQuidJayKaosSpoitgavindel
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    That is eerily similar to the plans I have here.
    Plans drawn up on parchment.

  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I don't know if you're all aware of this

    But what Houn just did was very Raven.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

    zerzhulchiasaur11ShadowenAndy JoeElvenshaeRhesus PositiveDisruptedCapitalistSkeith
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    BYqJq.jpg

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    TychoCelchuuu
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I have no more bro:s and where my bro:s were there is a raven.

    There is something fowl and sinister about this.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Caulk Bite 6
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    That is eerily similar to the plans I have here.
    Plans drawn up on parchment.

    In blood?

    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • EntaruEntaru Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Tube wrote: »
    I don't know if you're all aware of this

    But what Houn just did was very Raven.

    There's not a very raven button though. So Raven will have to do.

    Entaru on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Even better; the farther back the _______'s are, the more or less sense they'll make in context.

    "Why did you have a pile of Wakka's back in 2013? Those posts aren't very funny."

    "They were 'Bros' back then. Sadly their standardized usage has been lost to the mists of time, along with ranger threads and that time one guy collapsed an entire Holiday Subforum into a single thread after being granted administrator powers."


    Never mind, just noticed that the bros are no longer displayed, thus my commentary is no longer Raven.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    This is my favorite thing, even though I know I had nothing to do with it. Thank you.

  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    So actually any "Bro?"s will remain Bro?s. Ravens aren't a rename, theyre a totally new reaction.

    CarbonFireShadowfireEssee
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Huh, they totally are, and can be found simply by replacing the action type.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/reactions/77466/IcyLiquid?reaction=bro

    *bro*

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Elvenshae
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    So the bros aren't nevermore then? That's good


    PSN- AHermano
    PaperLuigi44PantsB
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I can't stop ravin' bout these Ravens!

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Huh, they totally are, and can be found simply by replacing the action type.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/reactions/77466/IcyLiquid?reaction=bro

    *bro*

    If I wasn't at work, I'd deconstruct a way to "bro" a post under the new Raven Regime, but it'll have to wait until I have time to tear apart the request/response sequence with Wireshark...

    What? Network Traffic is interesting.

  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Houn wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Huh, they totally are, and can be found simply by replacing the action type.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/reactions/77466/IcyLiquid?reaction=bro

    *bro*

    If I wasn't at work, I'd deconstruct a way to "bro" a post under the new Raven Regime, but it'll have to wait until I have time to tear apart the request/response sequence with Wireshark...

    What? Network Traffic is interesting.

    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)

  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Huh, they totally are, and can be found simply by replacing the action type.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/reactions/77466/IcyLiquid?reaction=bro

    *bro*

    If I wasn't at work, I'd deconstruct a way to "bro" a post under the new Raven Regime, but it'll have to wait until I have time to tear apart the request/response sequence with Wireshark...

    What? Network Traffic is interesting.

    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)

    Aw, Icy. That's so... well, Raven.

    Well played.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think we need a button for WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
    ThegreatcowJuliusElvenshae
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i have trouble handling so much change

    and I predict that soon ravens will become more coveted than awesomes

    chaos will follow

    steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i have trouble handling so much change

    and I predict that soon ravens will become more coveted than awesomes

    chaos will follow

    Are you suggesting that there will be some sort of conspiracy to get large numbers of ravens?

    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    crimsoncoyotePLA
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    i have trouble handling so much change

    and I predict that soon ravens will become more coveted than awesomes

    chaos will follow

    Nothing is more coveted than an awesome! I actually had a dream that my agrees and awesomes got wiped, and all I was left with was bros?. When I woke up I felt sad, but then relieved to find out it was just a dream.

    How sad is that? That's pretty sad...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    chrishallett83
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    The question is:

    What will the So Raven equivalent of Broseidon, King of the Broceans (All Hail Brolo) be?

    UA1OmVB.png
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    I propose a compromise. How about the new reaction is:

    Bro? Raven

    shryke wrote: »
    ...Barack "charisma isn't a dump stat, nerds" Obama...
    Bedlam
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    The question is:

    What will the So Raven equivalent of Broseidon, King of the Broceans (All Hail Brolo) be?

    DeepRaven. Commonly confused with the DeepCrow.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    I will miss the Bro button because it came to serve a useful function, at least how some of us came to see it. Bro? as a reaction to someone's post was a response of sympathy. Not an agree, not something you'd awesome, but more like a firm hand on the shoulder like "Yeah, yeah, I know that feeling, bro, I hear you."

    Like someone would make a post like "My dog died, :(" and people would Bro? that post. That's not the kind of post you click Agree on (You agree his dog died?) and definitely not the kind of post you Awesome. Bro? was the perfect reaction without having to have an entire page of "My sympathies, man" type posts.

    Now it is gone.

    I don't know why we couldn't have had room in our hearts for both a Bro? and a So Raven button.

    Crippl3FearghaillDarkPrimusShadowenjakobaggerPaperLuigi44an_altJragghenKazitronGaslightLostNinjaRedTideLord_AsmodeusEssee_J_DyasAlurechrishallett83BobbleskyknytQuidklemmingCampyDiplominatorAiserouMaz-JusticeforPlutoButlerTL DRdarleysamBobCescaInfidelIron WeaselSkeithspool32Taeko
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I can't be happy about this Bro?

    I can't be happy about this.

    Also, is it me or does the raven look a little batman like?

    This button is confusing me.

  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    i have trouble handling so much change

    and I predict that soon ravens will become more coveted than awesomes

    chaos will follow

    Are you suggesting that there will be some sort of conspiracy to get large numbers of ravens?

    I think that for such a thing to occur the forums would have to be filled with unkindness.

    We might even be forced to call a constable.

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Andy JoetynicEsseeSnicketysnickFearghaillcrimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @knitdan get outta here with your conspiracy theories.

    Andy Joechrishallett83SnicketysnickFearghaillcrimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    @knitdan and @IcyLiquid just won the thread, and no one realized it but me.

    *edit* @DarkPrimus, too. You are all peerless in your wordplay and wit.

    Houn on
    crimsoncoyote
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    I will miss the Bro button because it came to serve a useful function, at least how some of us came to see it. Bro? as a reaction to someone's post was a response of sympathy. Not an agree, not something you'd awesome, but more like a firm hand on the shoulder like "Yeah, yeah, I know that feeling, bro, I hear you."

    Like someone would make a post like "My dog died, :(" and people would Bro? that post. That's not the kind of post you click Agree on (You agree his dog died?) and definitely not the kind of post you Awesome. Bro? was the perfect reaction without having to have an entire page of "My sympathies, man" type posts.

    Now it is gone.

    I don't know why we couldn't have had room in our hearts for both a Bro? and a So Raven button.

    You're right, I hadn't considered that.

    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
Sign In or Register to comment.