As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Spoiler Signups! POST YOUR LISTS

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    Funny note: BK Vaugn did the intro to GA, talking about how Jock and Diggle are pretty awesome and whatnot, then talks about how they really have balls to call it "Year One" given that Miller/his co-creator were amazing on Batman Year One. He neglected to mention that we've seen TT Year One, Batgirl Year One, and a bunch of others iirc, so it was more of a cash-grab by DC to slap "Year One" on a simple re-told origin story.

There weren't too many before Green Arrow. There was Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and JLA (and like Batman/Scarecrow or some shit that doesn't count)

Green Arrow was the first of the recent splurge. It was Green Arrow, Huntress, Metamorpho, Teen Titans, and Black Lightning

I think all the Year Ones are enjoyable, but Robin and Green Arrow are probably my favorite. I should re-read GA:Y1 again.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    im getting pretty bummed because all the batman ties i sent out either no one posted a picture of or they didn't seem to find them in the box.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2009
    of course they couldn't find them

those ties are batman

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    Funny note: BK Vaugn did the intro to GA, talking about how Jock and Diggle are pretty awesome and whatnot, then talks about how they really have balls to call it "Year One" given that Miller/his co-creator were amazing on Batman Year One. He neglected to mention that we've seen TT Year One, Batgirl Year One, and a bunch of others iirc, so it was more of a cash-grab by DC to slap "Year One" on a simple re-told origin story.

There weren't too many before Green Arrow. There was Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and JLA (and like Batman/Scarecrow or some shit that doesn't count)

Green Arrow was the first of the recent splurge. It was Green Arrow, Huntress, Metamorpho, Teen Titans, and Black Lightning

I think all the Year Ones are enjoyable, but Robin and Green Arrow are probably my favorite. I should re-read GA:Y1 again.

GA Y1 is a contender with JLA Y1 for top spot in my heart. After Batman Y1 of course, but for the non-batman Y1s.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They could pretty much follow GA:Y1 exactly for a Green Arrow origin movie (but shorten it a bit so we get some costumed time), but his origin is almost just like Iron Man's so people might criticize it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's not too similar to Iron Man's. I think people would sooner be reminded of Cast Away or Robinson Crusoe.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Especially if they spent more time on the transformation than Iron Man did. It could be a large part of the flick, and he could become GA before our eyes (better shot, cloak, developing morals, etc)

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Really, he's the anti-thesis of Iron Man due to the fact that he finds salvation through primitivism rather than technology.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good point.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my spoiler gifts should arrive on the 29th!

Langly on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    So i got my present already, have i mentioned that already?

Yea, it was The Dark Knight Returns.

I don't think that's from your Spoiler because they PMed me saying they hadn't sent you a present!

Are you in any other secret santas?

Yeah, this was from the SE++ Secret Satans
    might want to mention it there, your Satan was a tad miffed that you didn't bring it up there

Ok yea, that was confusing. I finally got my secrete spoiler gift from Sars, Thanks Sars!

Preacher 1 - 3 and something Paul Pope 100%.

It seems the Dark Knight Returns was supposed to be apart of the gift that came separate from the Batman Arkam Asylum game.

My apologies to all and will proceed to report to SE++ to thank for the DKR TPB, I had already thnks my SS for the Batman AA game.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, judging by the FedEx website, it appears that my present was received last week. My Secret Spoilee hasn't posted in this thread - or, indeed, Graphic Violence - in a long time, and I was wondering what was up.

At one point, it looked like FedEx was trying to deliver the gift to the wrong place, but I called them up and the address they had on file was the right one. So, now I'm curious: was the gift delivered to the right place? Did my Secret Spoilee get it? Did they like it, and can we be best friends now? Or, do I need to send out another package?

Delduwath on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    grim123 wrote: »
    arcath wrote: »
    To my Santee: Gifts got on the 10th, will ship ASAP.

To my Santa: HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS.

I have to goto work in a few, but I will get pics up before this time tomorrow. Including my interpretation of how Hal Jordan will end Blackest Night.

Santa knows what I'm talking about!

edit: it should be noted that I'm wearing 7 rings right now...
    13061_226277240916_621780916_4198868_2313852_n.jpg

Pics?

Yes I am a asshole. I was out out town and came back to working 12h shifts till Friday. I will get them up soon. :(

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    so my gift from angry just arrived- my very own copy of darwyn cooke's parker adaptation! i've been really excited to read this since it first came out and just haven't put down the change for it yet, so this is great. thanks a lot, angry!

mask's gift should be on its way, mask!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Update!

green = present received

Angry
    arcath
    blanknogo
    CoJoeTheLawyer
    Delduwath
    Devlin_Dragonus
    Faynor
    Futt Bucker
    grim123
    Jordyn
    Keith
    Langly
    Nogs
    Robosagogo
    Sars_Boy
    Schide
    Servo
    sportzboytjw
    TexiKen
    The Lovely Bastard
    Virral
    Wildcat
    wwtMask
    Zeromus

21/24, 87.5%. The power levels are rising.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I just got my fabulous gift from Langly, a package containing Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?, and Charles Burns' Black Hole. I'm psyched to have Man of Tomorrow and Caped Crusader, each iconic stories in their own right rendered in deluxe hardcovers, but I am most interested in Black Hole. While I've enjoyed my share of non-superhero books, I don't venture outside the mainstream nearly often enough. Black Hole will remedy that in some small way, and I can already tell from reading those first few segments that I'm going to enjoy the trip.

Thank you very much, Langly.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Servo wrote: »
    so my gift from angry just arrived- my very own copy of darwyn cooke's parker adaptation! i've been really excited to read this since it first came out and just haven't put down the change for it yet, so this is great. thanks a lot, angry!

You're my Secret Spoiler? No wai!

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You're welcome, Robos. I thought it was hilarious that I got you again. I'm glad you like them!

Langly on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Crap, I forgot that was you. Good calls once again, guy!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    this isn't from my spoiler but i just got done with christmas with my parents and i got:

All-Star Superman Vol. 1
    HellBoy: Seed Of Destruction (Vol.1)
    HellBoy: Wake the Devil (Vol. 2)
    Showcase Presents: Green Lantern (vol. 1)

and then my brother got me two "grab bags" of 'Out of Print Originals' which included:

William Shatner's: Tek World #6
    Image Plus #1
    Sherlock Homes of the '30s #4
    The Original E-Man and Michael Mauser #5
    Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD #21 (90s version)
    ShadowMan #0 (it's all shiny and glossy-metallic covered)
    Street Sharks #1
    Nexus #31
    Shade: The Changing Man #44
    Heavy Hitters: Dragon Lines #1

seriously some of these are soooo funny looking and awesome

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Update!

green = present received

Angry
    arcath
    blanknogo
    CoJoeTheLawyer
    Delduwath
    Devlin_Dragonus
    Faynor
    Futt Bucker
    grim123
    Jordyn
    Keith
    Langly
    Nogs
    Robosagogo
    Sars_Boy
    Schide
    Servo
    sportzboytjw
    TexiKen
    The Lovely Bastard
    Virral
    Wildcat
    wwtMask
    Zeromus

19/24, 79.16%

You might as well add Wildcat to that list, I've given up hope of him posting but I know they've been received. I got him Stardust by Neil Gaiman and the Infinity Gauntlet, two of my favourite books (for totally different reasons).

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Delduwath wrote: »
    So, judging by the FedEx website, it appears that my present was received last week. My Secret Spoilee hasn't posted in this thread - or, indeed, Graphic Violence - in a long time, and I was wondering what was up.

At one point, it looked like FedEx was trying to deliver the gift to the wrong place, but I called them up and the address they had on file was the right one. So, now I'm curious: was the gift delivered to the right place? Did my Secret Spoilee get it? Did they like it, and can we be best friends now? Or, do I need to send out another package?

Hello!

Yes it was received! Framling and I had been in South Dakota for about 10 days (we got stuck there due to a blizzard) and in the meantime the FedEx people went crazy. I came home to find several stickers from the front door saying they were trying to deliver something. And then went out the back door and found the box opened? and shoved under our welcome mat? Wtf?

It had our address on the box and then another address in Lynnwood also on a FedEx sticker and I don't know what the hell happened but it got here and from what I can tell based on the letter, everything is still in it.

And you managed to not get me anything I already had! Huzzah!

I'll post like...a picture or something later, I'm heading out the door for work right now, but thank you very much especially for Chew. I had seen a preview for it and kinda wanted it but forgotten about it until I saw it again in the package. I was like...sweeeeeeeet.

Also to my Spoiler: As I said, I was trapped in blizzard. My apologies, present should arrive soon.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i really need to read Chew

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »
    this isn't from my spoiler but i just got done with christmas with my parents and i got:

All-Star Superman Vol. 1

and then my brother got me two "grab bags" of 'Out of Print Originals' which included:

Image Plus #1
    Street Sharks #1
    Nexus #31

Oh man... Streek Sharks... was that a cartoon or something?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »

All-Star Superman Vol. 1

Image Plus #1
    Street Sharks #1
    Nexus #31

Oh man... Streek Sharks... was that a cartoon or something?

yes, and I loved it
    TEETH CLAWS MUSCLES AND JAWS

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

Hello!

Yes it was received! Framling and I had been in South Dakota for about 10 days (we got stuck there due to a blizzard) and in the meantime the FedEx people went crazy. I came home to find several stickers from the front door saying they were trying to deliver something. And then went out the back door and found the box opened? and shoved under our welcome mat? Wtf?

It had our address on the box and then another address in Lynnwood also on a FedEx sticker and I don't know what the hell happened but it got here and from what I can tell based on the letter, everything is still in it.

And you managed to not get me anything I already had! Huzzah!

I'll post like...a picture or something later, I'm heading out the door for work right now, but thank you very much especially for Chew. I had seen a preview for it and kinda wanted it but forgotten about it until I saw it again in the package. I was like...sweeeeeeeet.

Also to my Spoiler: As I said, I was trapped in blizzard. My apologies, present should arrive soon.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear this. From my end, it looked like they tried to deliver it several times in Kent (which is not the city where you live), and then it finally got delivered to Lynnwood (which is also not the city where you live). I was like "man, is that how they do it on that side of the country? Everyone gets three addresses?" It's good to hear that apparently "Lynnwood" means "By Jordyn's Back Door, Under The Mat, You Know the Place".

That the box was opened is a little alarming, though. I hope nothing got damaged.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Servo wrote: »

there should be another part on the way.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    oh wow, there certainly was! i opened my door to find asterios polyp waiting on my welcome mat! this is awesome! i've been really wanting to read this too! all the copies i've seen in bookstores and comic shops have been bound in plastic for some asshole reason, so i just sat down to look at it and ended up getting sucked into reading it for like a half-hour. it's gorgeous and it's kind of hard to believe this is the same guy who drew batman year 1.

this is very generous of you, angry, i really appreciate it! thanks!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    whoop whoop.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    i really need to read Chew

I got the first volume (among other things) for Christmas from my wife. It's as good as all the hype makes it out to be.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    any one want to bet on who will be the last person to get a gift?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup, I'll second that. It's actually kind of surprising (and alarming; it's like everything I know is a lie).

Edit: This was in response to Mask.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    grim123 wrote: »
    any one want to bet on who will be the last person to get a gift?
    well guess I'm out of the running.
    There was a box waiting for me when I got home tonite.
    thanks very much for the cool haul. I got peter & Max a Fables novel,
    marvel knights the sentry been wanting to read this for a while, Coward which is an awesome book. Lost my copy a while back was it's nice to get a replacement
    house of Mystery vol 1 I've heard good things about the series but my santa had this to say so I don't know "Ew. Ew? Ew! I'm never touching this book again" so I guess I'll have to look in to it. and finally Blue beetle book 2 road trip which I've already read but flipping thought it now I don't remember half of the things in here so it'll be fun to read it again

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, the very first story of House of Mystery is "omg kill it with fire!" cringe inducing. It's still pretty entertaining.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh man, the story with the flies burrowed it's way into my brain. I can't unsee that stuff.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Secret SpoilerSecret Spoiler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Reminder that the deadline for delivery is Saturday, guys! Although there's only two people left and I'm pretty sure their gifts are in transit already so it looks like we'll have 100% completion!

Secret Spoiler on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited German, and got his Spoiler gift from Jordyn? This kerl!

010400_141200.jpg

It's shitty phone quality so I didn't even have to black out the addresses! I sure hope CSI doesn't zoom in and enhance.

And what did I find first?

010400_141300.jpg

Ahhhh! I've wanted to read this for forever, I'm almost ashamed I haven't! Fucking yes, awesome.

And what did I find next?

010400_141301.jpg

AHHHHH! I loved Batman: TAS! I love Mr. Freeze! I'm going to love this!

And, finally,

010400_141800.jpg

Teen Boat! It's about a Teen, who turns into a Boat! I can totally relate. I'm excited to read this as well.

She also gave me a super rad note. It's totally from the Batcave.

In summation, Jordyn, you the (wo)man! Thanks so much!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How many Parker: The Hunters is that just in this Secret Spoiler? 4? Darwyn Cooke be makin' mad bank, yo.

Going by my calculations that make Reed Richards look like a fool, everyone got a gift.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    by my calculations wwtMask hasn't gotten his present yet but Servo said it's on its way??

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    that is correct

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg