As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL 10 - USA gets silver; Crosby is still a bitch

• Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright beches, im coming in!! I am taking a team to the cup!!!!!!!!! Im not dead, just laid off and stay away from comp as much as possible. I dont want to become one of those mmo addicts again.....wait nm. Ill get my games in seeing how i have all free time in world!

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I am in, I am taking the Pittsburg Penguins!! I also am putting Crosby on the trading block as of now, lets stir this crap up!

Sidney Crosby is now up for grabs! Make me a trade now!

Laonar on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Who says you get the Penguins? The way we did it before was each played got to pick from two randomly picked teams from the league.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Who says you get the Penguins? The way we did it before was each played got to pick from two randomly picked teams from the league.

And that is how it shall stay.

He has all the free time in the world but can't read the rules...which are scarcely spread throughout this thread...which I should have put in the OP...screw you.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah and sorry I couldnt get past the whining to find anything on the season info, that I asked for the last 2 months... Nor did I receive any info on which teams I am to pick from either? Good game...

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok left and tried to rejoin as Vancouver, now it is saying I need a invite. Remlap can you shoot me a league invite so I can join up and play?

Laonar on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just realized your sig. SO AWESOME.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have not posted much so that is probally why you have not seen it lately. I really want to play! Rem if I am on another game just message me and I will hope over to NHL and get in.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ya I'll send you one right now. Fuck I'm posting this from my brand new fucking iPhone. SUCCCKKKAAAAAAAAASSS!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ya I'll send you one right now. Fuck I'm posting this from my brand new fucking iPhone. SUCCCKKKAAAAAAAAASSS!

You got one? What's the contract like? PM me or talk to me on MSN.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So what is the difference between NHL 10 and NHL 09 other than 40 bucks?

I have been wanting a hockey game for a while but I don't want to buy something I don't need.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys, does unlocking cards online or offline unlock XP for your character? I just got the Veteran goalie card online (65 games, B- average), and no XP is available. I'm wondering what is up with that.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Remlap, and yeah the iphone is sweet.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Taverns?

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think he means Tavares? Islanders rookie?

Laonar on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rickey19 wrote: »
    I just bought NHL 10 for ps3 and noticed that there aren't any rookies in it. No Taverns, (the one player I tried to trade to the Sabre s). Anyone else have this problem? How do I get the rookies on the team? I downloaded the latest roster update but still no rookies.

You might want to check your farm team, I had to call up Boyd when I was playing as the Flames

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    Wolf871Wolf871 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Still trying to find the right trade for my team to increase depth a bit. Vinny Lecavalier (91) is up on the market along with Komisarek(83), Beauchemin (80), Toskala(83), Schenn(82), and Jason Blake(83). These Players are up for trade along with any other deals you might want to make. However, starting Tuesday I'm going to have more time to play, so I want my team secured by then. So if there are any offers, try and make then by then. Yes, I just made a trade deadline for myself =/

Message via xbox.com or catch me online.

Wolf871 on
  • Options
    POndashPOndash Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm looking to trade Patrice Bergeron (83). Ideally the trade would be Bergeron plus another guy (Recchi (82)/Ryder(82)/Lucic(80)/etc) for a mid to upper 80's guy and someone in the 70's. I'm mainly interested in another center, but I'd take a winger if the price is right.

POndash on
    Xbox Live/Steam/PSN/Raptr: POndash

• Options
    edited November 2009
    CCF, are you online or not?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Girlfriend and I were playing NHL, now peggle. I thought I set myself to appear offline? Sorry if I didn't.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CCF23 wrote: »

Girlfriend and I were playing NHL, now peggle. I thought I set myself to appear offline? Sorry if I didn't.

You did, but NHL has super stalking powers. Haha. It told me in-game that you were online. :P

Thanks to you I had to endure a 1-0 loss to two dbags who tried to crease pass all game. Their only goal was a legit shot. Ha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok guys. I will probably be playing late tonight and I want to get a couple games in. Who is up for it?

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Guys. I am buying Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow. I'm sorry.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Yeah.. mine will be here tomorrow as well.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    CCF23 wrote: »

You did, but NHL has super stalking powers. Haha. It told me in-game that you were online. :P

Thanks to you I had to endure a 1-0 loss to two dbags who tried to crease pass all game. Their only goal was a legit shot. Ha.

It's funny playing NHL with my girlfriend. She scored 2 fucking goals on me, I was so embarrassed hahaha. First game I won 6-2, the other I was up 5-0 and she got pissed and quit.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think I have split games with everyone in the goalie league.

Nice game, Piz. I am uploading that save you had against the spin-o-rama.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I have split games with everyone in the goalie league.

Nice game, Piz. I am uploading that save you had against the spin-o-rama.

I found it to be pretty awesome myself.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    puffycow wrote: »

Yeah.. mine will be here tomorrow as well.

Looks like we'll have some hotsteppers MW2 action. :winky:

so, yeah, from this point on if we have games left to play in the league let's try and schedule a time to play. otherwise...well, you know.

twmjr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lecavalier, White, Wallin for Horcoff, Penner, Souray just happened in the non-goalie league.

Lecavalier I think leads my team in penalty minutes in just two games played. He also had a goal which I believe was the game winner.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can play later tonight like 9-10 pm EST I still gotta get my games in with you redfield

Jawa on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jawa wrote: »
    I can play later tonight like 9-10 pm EST I still gotta get my games in with you redfield

I have hockey at 815 est. Other than that, I should be good to go.

edit:

Should be a crazy game of floor hockey tonight. Other team is without their goalie (who is pretty good). Guy in net...it will be his first time playing goalie.

We are down 3 guys (1d and 2 f). We will have 3 d for the game and the one forward is terrible, so we are kind of down 4. Ha. I plan on pinching like a mother fucker and scoring tonight.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    guys I'll play hockey tonight.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Game time. Back later, fellas.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'll be on from now until whenever. I have 8 games left to play in the non-goalie league.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm now officially on the "This game determines who it wants to win" bandwagon. There is no other way to explain the complete bullshit line change that led to your first goal and then Chara failing to get puck control not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES that eventually led to your second.

Edit: Case in point. I had no business winning that second game, but the game determines Tim Thomas is going to be a god and Savard is actually going to put pucks in the net.

POndash on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    welcome.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    POndash wrote: »
    I'm now officially on the "This game determines who it wants to win" bandwagon. There is no other way to explain the complete bullshit line change that led to your first goal and then Chara failing to get puck control not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES that eventually led to your second.

Edit: Case in point. I had no business winning that second game, but the game determines Tim Thomas is going to be a god and Savard is actually going to put pucks in the net.

No you didn't. Especially since I should've had a powerplay due to P0ndash taking way a scoring chance by pressing the Y button to instigate a fight, then a scrum ensues and I get a penalty from it to offset his cheap ass play. Then on the 4 on 4 he scores on a wraparound.

Fuck.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

No you didn't. Especially since I should've had a powerplay due to P0ndash taking way a scoring chance by pressing the Y button to instigate a fight, then a scrum ensues and I get a penalty from it to offset his cheap ass play. Then on the 4 on 4 he scores on a wraparound.

Fuck.

For the record I wasn't trying to instigate a fight to break up the play, I was going for a board pin. I was pissed off that it did that at first, but luckily the game chose me to win and gave that even-up call.

POndash on

• Options
    edited November 2009

Fuck.

For the record I wasn't trying to instigate a fight to break up the play, I was going for a board pin. I was pissed off that it did that at first, but luckily the game chose me to win and gave that even-up call.

Ya I figured that it was a board-play messup..

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Laoner did a board play mess up and I graciously fought him.

We won 4-2 tonight. Game went 2-0 us, then tie 2-2, then we had some nice plays for two more goals. So many penalties called. It was like Laonar and myself were playing.

I blocked a shot that went off my glove and off my chin. How fun.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png