Options

borderlands

• Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's probably the only good eridian weapon, unfortunately.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't seem to be any travel time on that sniper rifle's "bullet" (lightning gun is a sniper rifle shut up) which is the best reason to use it.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I like a lot of the Eridian rifles, they're pretty good.

It would have helped if they appeared in blue, purple, and orange varieties, though.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    shooting the bird thingies with a sniper rifle is so much fun

also both the sniper rifle and shotguns feel really good, which most games fail to do

and badass skrags are a bitch. I took down two of them and starting sorting through the loot, then got smashed across the room by the third one I had managed to miss.

L|ama on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God damn it i just figured out why I died this afternoon, I was just bumming around, killing some psychos, backpeddaled into a wall, one hits me, and EVERYTHING EVER EXPLODES and I get sent into last stand with nobody about, and I'm like fuck.

Frigging new shield with the fire pulse effect on it set the barrel or three behind me alight, blowing up everything. D:

Really though, sniping dudes never gets old and never gets me dead and when I have to be close to people, the hardest thing I have to do is choose which revolver to fucking wreck shit with.

I am in love with this game, and it is not a good game to have with exams coming up.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    L|ama wrote: »

also both the sniper rifle and shotguns feel really good, which most games fail to do

and badass skrags are a bitch. I took down two of them and starting sorting through the loot, then got smashed across the room by the third one I had managed to miss.

Alpha skags are harder to kill than Badass Skags, imo.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    but sniper rifles traditionally only fire one bullet, it's more accurate then burst fire as there isless recoil, also uses a higher calibre round for better penetration and range. Who doesn't like penetrating further and better?

you can set up a gun so that it fires a burst before recoil makes the gun point up

There is very few guns that can do this, it's not really a tweak you can do to your m16. Either way this argument is stupid. having two uses on a gun doesn't make it two guns, unless it is actually two guns strapped together. Like an assault rifle with an under barrel sniper rifle.

Melding on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    all skags are pussies.

cept skagzilla

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    But the rakk hive is straight up a giant vagina.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Did you guys notice the extremely huge skag skeletons you can see primarily in Skag Gully?

It'd make for a neat boss fight.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    but sniper rifles traditionally only fire one bullet, it's more accurate then burst fire as there isless recoil, also uses a higher calibre round for better penetration and range. Who doesn't like penetrating further and better?

you can set up a gun so that it fires a burst before recoil makes the gun point up

There is very few guns that can do this, it's not really a tweak you can do to your m16. Either way this argument is stupid. having two uses on a gun doesn't make it two guns, unless it is actually two guns strapped together. Like an assault rifle with an under barrel sniper rifle.

No that's the entire point of the 3 round burst on the M16A2 and A4.

Alpha skags are harder to kill than Badass Skags, imo.

well I was also level 7 or 8 at the time and they were level 10, so that didn't help things
    SwissLion wrote: »
    God damn it i just figured out why I died this afternoon, I was just bumming around, killing some psychos, backpeddaled into a wall, one hits me, and EVERYTHING EVER EXPLODES and I get sent into last stand with nobody about, and I'm like fuck.

Frigging new shield with the fire pulse effect on it set the barrel or three behind me alight, blowing up everything. D:

Really though, sniping dudes never gets old and never gets me dead and when I have to be close to people, the hardest thing I have to do is choose which revolver to fucking wreck shit with.

I am in love with this game, and it is not a good game to have with exams coming up.

ugh yes, I have an exam tomorrow and am veeeeeery tempted to play this

L|ama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really fucking hate how most great games are released right before exams.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Pretty sure there's some sort of conspiracy there.

Okay I'm going to look through the exam from a couple of years ago and if I can do more than 3/4 of the questions without looking at the notes I'm gonna play for a bit

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes, there is a conspiracy.

I call it Project Christmas. The world's wealthiest entrepreneurs have gathered together in an attempt to undermine America's production of educated youth.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    B-but I'm in the new zealand education system! It's spread further than we think...

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Damn it!

I thought we had more time!

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    whenever i'm playing with my brothers sometimes it will do say my progress will be lost, no matter what I do, restart the game, launch without steam, anything, what the fuck is going on.
    I'm completely frustrated with this game, has anyone had the same problem? someone help me out here

could it be because they are on a quest i've finished? what's up??

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    it could be a hosting issue

whoever is hosting has to let the other people leave before they exit the game, I've heard, otherwise the other people lose whatever progress they would have gained during the co-op

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

No that's the entire point of the 3 round burst on the M16A2 and A4.

There is still recoil on each round fired, just the recoil is more manageable then full auto since it's a short burst. Have you ever fired an AR on three round burst?

Either way this is completely off the path of the original argument of three round burst on an assault rifle doesn't make it a sniper rifle. It makes it an assault rifle with a scope and three round burst.

Melding on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, does anyone know why shattered horizon isn't supported by XP?

because it looks really cool but no way in hell am I buying windows 7 for it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    can't have dx10 or whatever it needs on xp

L|ama on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited November 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dang

I guess I might be getting windows 7 in the near future

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dang

I guess I might be getting windows 7 in the near future

If you are a student at a college or university, you can get Windows 7 for $30.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/store/mswpus/en_US/DisplayHomePage?resid=QW33aAoBAiMAAAReaAIAAAAr&rests=1257756500446

Word to the wise though, if you are going from XP to 7, you will have to do a clean install- so back everything up first.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    EnergenoEnergeno Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Does anyone else think hellfire is like way way overpowered. a lvl 28 one was for a long time my top killing weapon even though I don't get the massive pistol bonuses for it I get with pistols and revolvers.

I can't even imagine how insane that stuff is with a lilith specced for it.

Energeno on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DLC on Nov. 24th for everyone but PC. Well the last part is speculation since they're releasing it for 360 and PS3 but never mentioned when it's coming for PC.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    fuckkkers, I want my dlc! I bought your game for 44 units of real money (€)

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm not in any spectacular hurry with the DLC.

Only on my second playthrough so.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DLC on Nov. 24th for everyone but PC. Well the last part is speculation since they're releasing it for 360 and PS3 but never mentioned when it's coming for PC.

SON OF A BITCH

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well I mean it probably will come to the PC but since they're retards at this it'll likely be after November 24th.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm fucking sick of waiting for games/DLC because I'm on PC.

Shit sucks.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You're a niche market fuckface

360/PS3 hegemon 4 lyfe

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fuck your consoles.

A console can't also be used for my online homework and writing papers.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Sure it can

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Zen didn't i play this with you the other day, on PC?

Melding on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Shit sucks.

you must love valve then

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Zen didn't i play this with you the other day, on PC?

He's a spy !

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Shit sucks.

you must love valve then

Valve and I are BFFs.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes you did

You did play with me

You also didn't fucking talk.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was unaware that voice chat was always on until I played with Wex.

We had fun.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png