As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2: Electric Goddamn Boogaloo

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shotgun is like a big melee attack that causes instant death with a trigger pull.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    I think the only part that I felt was from the first one was all the way in the beginning when you were getting the notes from the camp and wave after wave of guys came down. Other then that, I was always enthralled. Def. lots of combat at the end and less set pieces, but I was so good at combat by then I just found it to be fun.

Infact, during one of the last fights I found out you can run, slide and punch a guy in the balls. That was AWESOME.

I missed 70 treasures. :-(

I'm def. gonna be playing through again and again. And try to mix it up, use the shotgun and mroe melee and such. Jsut make it harder on myself. And get some [Strike]achievements[/Strike] trophies.

Totally worth it. I've beaten this game like... 5 times. Its. Winsome.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FINALLY got around to playing and beating this game. I've had it for a while, but wanted to beat uncharted before uncharted 2. It was a smart choice!

Amazing game, great gameplay, coolest damn locations ever, and great great great characters.

I just hope the next game
    Doesn't follow the same, "OH NOES, this treasure turns people into really primitive monsters! We must stop it from spreading!" plotline.

I was also pretty sad Harry died. He would have made a cool reoccurring villian. Kinda the anti-drake.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    FINALLY got around to playing and beating this game. I've had it for a while, but wanted to beat uncharted before uncharted 2. It was a smart choice!

Amazing game, great gameplay, coolest damn locations ever, and great great great characters.

Doesn't follow the same, "OH NOES, this treasure turns people into really primitive monsters! We must stop it from spreading!" plotline.

I was also pretty sad Harry died. He would have made a cool reoccurring villian. Kinda the anti-drake.
    They keep killing off the best characters. EDDY + FLYNN 4EVR

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

They keep killing off the best characters. EDDY + FLYNN 4EVR
    I figure thats the point, in my mind, Flynn was better then Eddy, so whos next? Chances are they will be even cooler then Harry and Eddy!

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In the third game Drake will be searching for the Legendary Pot of Gold and his enemy will be the Leprechaun. Shamus. Will. Die.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Uncharted 3: Sullivan's Folly.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All I know is they should never kill off Sullivan

Never

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It will be about how Sullivan fucked the Leprechauns wife and now hes pissed. Of course Drake doesnt know this and Sully doesnt know what treasure hes after. Then they meet up with Shamus and he kills Sully in a duel on top of a rainbow.

Or so you thought!

Lucky bastard landed in the Pot of Gold and survived. Everyones happy.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Never

Agreed, that was one of my very few problems with Uncharted 2. NOT ENOUGH SULLY!

Of course, I understand it makes sense from both a story and gameplay view... but it still makes me sad. he's a great character.

But still!
    Goddamn ( :winky: ) I wish Flynn was still alive. That character could have gone places!

Now all I have to do is reach level 60 and unlock everything. My brain just hurts thinking about it. How hard IS it to get to 60?

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Never

Agreed, that was one of my very few problems with Uncharted 2. NOT ENOUGH SULLY!

Of course, I understand it makes sense from both a story and gameplay view... but it still makes me sad. he's a great character.

But still!
    Goddamn ( :winky: ) I wish Flynn was still alive. That character could have gone places!

Now all I have to do is reach level 60 and unlock everything. My brain just hurts thinking about it. How hard IS it to get to 60?
    Flynn did go places. Many of them. All at once. 8-)

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think they should have stayed with the chapter name they revealed at PAX EC for the train level.

"Drake's On A Train".

edit: Cool, ND made a missing chapter for Uncharted 1.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/28/naughty-dog-invents-the-missing-uncharted-chapter-at-pax-east

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Interesting article, I never really felt that there was a missing chapter between 3 and 4 (they could have just rented a plane or something), although Navarro's last minute substitution did feel a bit forced.

Anyway, just gave the multiplayer a try after getting most of the single player trophies. Co-op seems to have potential, except that I got stuck with a guy who insisted on either TKing everyone with grenades, or on wasting time running around in circles. Is this typical for co-op, or does it just depend on the time of day I try to find a game?

0blique on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Co-op should only be done with a friend.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm finally getting around to playing this. It is goooood.

Yann on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I beat this a few months ago and had a steller time.

Quite a good game I must say.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    0blique wrote: »
    Interesting article, I never really felt that there was a missing chapter between 3 and 4 (they could have just rented a plane or something), although Navarro's last minute substitution did feel a bit forced.

Anyway, just gave the multiplayer a try after getting most of the single player trophies. Co-op seems to have potential, except that I got stuck with a guy who insisted on either TKing everyone with grenades, or on wasting time running around in circles. Is this typical for co-op, or does it just depend on the time of day I try to find a game?

Nah, there's nothing forced about Navarro. It's classic villain stuff, that you build up the main villain for the whole game, and then up the stakes by having it turn out that there's another guy who's WAY more evil than him.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I'm halfway through my second playthrough (on hard), and I'm making a point to collect all the treasures and earn all the trophies on this run so that I can play a crushing run later and not worry about any of that. However, I just finished Chapter 15 (after the train) and I missed one treasure. I know I can just pick it up on my third playthrough, but is there a way to pick it up now by playing that chapter again without messing up my current hard run?

I went to chapter select and picked the level, but when it asked me where to save the file, I got nervous and saved it in a different slot, almost immediately realizing that this will do me no good. Do I do that and just overwrite my current game save? Will that disable the hard trophy I'm in the process of getting? I'll have to play the individual level on hard, I assume?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think just beating a chapter on a selected difficulty records it as being beaten on the difficulty. So you'd need to beat every chapter on Hard/Crushing to get the trophies.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To be on the safe side, I won't replay chapter 15 until after I finish this playthrough, earn my hard trophy, and unlock crushing. I'll replay 15 on my real save, then start crushing, bringing over all my treasures.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The individual save files store which things you've bought from the store which medals you've earned and which treasures you've earned, but not how much money you've earned. It's kind of messed up this way, and it lets you abuse the system to make infinite money (I'll admit I did this a lot).

Thus, if you make a new save to get the treasure, when you go back to your old save to continue, you won't have it anymore. I would just wait until after you've finished the game before going back.

0blique on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    0blique wrote: »
    Interesting article, I never really felt that there was a missing chapter between 3 and 4 (they could have just rented a plane or something)

Always felt like an Indiana Jones moment there. Shows the getaway, but not how they get to their destination. Felt right.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Has this been discussed? I didn't notice it in the past page or two and it's fairly recent.
    Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 22. That’s when our latest DLC release for UNCHARTED 2, the Siege Expansion Pack, goes up for sale on the PlayStation Network Store. Full details on what’s inside the Siege Expansion Pack below.

Siege cooperative game type
    An arena co-op game type where two to three players defend a marked territory within a map against waves of NPC opponents. At the end of every round, the territory will change locations within the map and the NPC opponents will increase in difficultly. The only way you can score co-op points is to have all your players within the captured territory, all while being assaulted by NPC opponents.

2 maps
    The Highrise
    Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
    Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn’s heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 multiplayer skins

* Wetsuit Drake
    * Baseball Shirt Drake
    * Prakoso
    * Platzor
    * Glowzor
    * Dead Explorer

11 Trophies

* Bronze

o You Can’t Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
    o Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
    o Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
    o I’ll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
    o Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
    o Not So Fast – Get 20 “Shut’em Down Medals
    o Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
    o You Run, I’ll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
    o Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
    o Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals

* Silver

# Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

We’ve put screenshots of The Museum and The Highrise, a few Siege gameplay images and character renders of all the new multiplayer skins in the Siege Expansion Pack Set on our Flickr page.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Eh, I had enough issues with endless waves of enemies in regular co-op, which was awesome but tough.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's Double Cash weekend and there's a new Xpack out. Anyone up for a game or six?

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dumb question, how much is the new pack?

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Went from 21 to 31 from just yesterday. Double Cash weekend is awesome.

Edit: the highrise map is fucking incredible.

JJ on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JJ wrote: »
    Went from 21 to 31 from just yesterday. Double Cash weekend is awesome.

Edit: the highrise map is fucking incredible.
    I can see it being fun for deathmatch but I'm not enjoying it at all for survival. My silly goose partners either run in opposite directions to get killed in locations where I can' t figure out how to get to in time to save them or we stick together and win by timeout because the enemies are so slow to find us.

Edit: And what the hell is with these level 50+ players that never get in the damned circle in siege? I have to wait for them to die in order to complete a round. Maybe MAG has made me angrier/bitterier (I'll wordify it if I want to!) but I just can't handle the silly geese.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I feel if you were angry/bitterier (is that a word? probably not but who cares) you wouldn't be using the word... Silly. Or Geese.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Is the silly goose rule not still in effect? I'd quote it if I could find it.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seeing that post makes me realize I'm a retard, and I probably missed something glaringly obvious.
    ffffuuu-

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    After getting team killed twice in a row while carrying the treasure with no enemies around me I quit. And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man, I haven't played UC2 MP in a while. Not ever since I realized my modem/router didn't support UPNP and I couldn't team up with my friend anymore.

Weird thing was that we could at times, but more often than not we couldn't.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna hop on, see how much I can level up. I used to be awesome at the game, I'm reasonably sure I'm a bit rusty though.
    No 18:2 K/D ratios for me :<

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I recently got a PS3 and was given UC1 and 2 for my birthday yesterday. I'm loving the first game so far.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited April 2010
    If you like the first game, wait until the second. Don't get me wrong, the first is awesome. But the second one will blow your mind.

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Me and my friend still laugh derisively at all the shoehorned SixAxis stuff in UC1. Ugh.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Me and my friend still laugh derisively at all the shoehorned SixAxis stuff in UC1. Ugh.

Yeah I noticed the grenade throw thing a few times so far, but just used the stick to aim.

@Mifio: Awesome! I'm having a blast so far. My dad is enjoying watching me play. He keeps commenting how cinematic it is.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Also the annoying log crossing shit.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png