As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2: Electric Goddamn Boogaloo

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They're the same crossbows

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    christ you guys know how to wreck fun

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The guardians needed a weapon that is deadly to rouge guardians so they are tipped with an anti-resin type thing.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    greeble wrote: »
    The guardians needed a weapon that is deadly to rouge guardians so they are tipped with an anti-resin type thing.

I would have thought rouge Guardians would be easy to take out, considering you'd see their bright red ass anywhere.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    I just LOL'ed.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Since when does this game have magic going on?

ah, i see your problem

we didn't play the same game

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just finished up a hard run. Tears are in the jar.

So just how crushing is crushing? How annoying is Lazarovich in this mode?

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kuratosu wrote: »
    Just finished up a hard run. Tears are in the jar.

So just how crushing is crushing? How annoying is Lazarovich in this mode?

This game's crushing is pretty much easier than last game's crushing. Probably because the encounters are balanced better.

And I don't know about Lazarevic, because I cheesed him on Crushing. I did it right on Normal and Hard, damnit. I earned it.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Took me like 10 tries to beat him on Crushing. I found that running over and jumping off the tree bridge worked the best for me. There is lots of resin to shoot there.

greeble on

I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Had loads of fun this weekend during double cash. gained about a half dozen levels. The new fortress area has I think a bug or two in it.

Several times we would clear a survival round except apparently for one person, which we could not find until the game auto killed him (and by that time the bonus timer had clicked down like from 10x to 4x). I think hes getting hung up somewhere on top of the outside area where he initially comes into the field.

I played one fortress survival where I used no guns at all for the first 4 rounds...there are a few very obvious places where they jump down from the roof into the field and i just stood there snapping necks :) (I love drakes comment at this time 'GOT YOUR NECK').

One match we had some ass went afk at the spawn point. me and the other non-afk guy were killed in a late round and the enemies couldnt get to him to kill him. They just kept clumping around the spawn location but never climbing up to it. waited like 5 minutes before disconnecting. They really need to put some way to kick a person or detect a stationary person and boot him after x time.

Still fun as hell.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    azith28 wrote: »
    I played one fortress survival where I used no guns at all for the first 4 rounds...there are a few very obvious places where they jump down from the roof into the field and i just stood there snapping necks :) (I love drakes comment at this time 'GOT YOUR NECK').

I've still never heard this.

That's one of the really great things about this game. I've run through it around 4 or 5 times with treasure runs and replays and whatnot and played quite a bit of Multi. Yet there's still things I've heard or done for the first time whenever I do.

The Village in SP uses the Square button in so many ways.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just beat the game.

Not nearly enough Sullivan. But he was good while he was there.

edit: Did they have the same composer as last game? I mean, different settings, different style of music, right? I didn't notice the little flute to signify the battles were over. This game, Nate will often ask how his partner is doing or ask them what he should do, which I feel is more natural.

double edit: James Sie is credited in this game
    ...but was Eddy Raja even in UC2? I figured he was dead. Think there was a flashback that had to be cut?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know time has passed since UC1, and that UC1 was probably made as a stand alone game, but they could at least tell us what the hell happened between now and then.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I know time has passed since UC1, and that UC1 was probably made as a stand alone game, but they could at least tell us what the hell happened between now and then.

to join the individual stories with some kind of forced narrative would really destroy the pulpy feel of the 'timeless' stand-alone narratives

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bsjezz wrote: »

to join the individual stories with some kind of forced narrative would really destroy the pulpy feel of the 'timeless' stand-alone narratives

On a somewhat related note, I never really knew that The Temple of Doom was a prequel until I watched it recently and thought, "1935? WTF?"

But yeah, the Indiana Jones series never linked the movies outside of a few homages, and was probably better off because of it.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alright, I'm back from vacation and have added 3 more dudes to the OP. Play with them!

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Black Ice wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while due to Orange Box and God of War Collection.

What are the new skins for the Holiday weekend?

o_O

Isn't that terrible on the PS3? Or is that only the online, and the single player is fine?

I like it Portal was a blast and haven't tried half-life yet. Then again I haven't ever played TF2 on PC.. so I may be missing out. (Don't hate me)

My Uncharted 2 was kicking me off due to a bad connection and because of that I lost a rank and $40,000 of my money.

Now I understand penalties for douches who like to leave when they lose but when it's a connection error and I get penalized. That's just wrong.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I love the amount of detail in this game. I didn't notice this till the second time around but you can interact with the people in the nepal village. If you hit triangle you either wave or shake hands with people. You can also "scare" the kids that are hiding behind the wall. Also if you try to punch you wince and grab your side.

greeble on

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    greeble wrote: »
    I love the amount of detail in this game. I didn't notice this till the second time around but you can interact with the people in the nepal village. If you hit triangle you either wave or shake hands with people. You can also "scare" the kids that are hiding behind the wall. Also if you try to punch you wince and grab your side.

Whoa. And I thought letting you pet the yaks was impressive.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    lol...its sick but try going to the rear of every yak and interacting.
    btw about eddie:
    Eddie Raja's dead. Later in the game there is a mention of him in drakes journal.
    btw...was anyone else voting for Chloe :)

azith28 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No, I was rooting for Elena. I had a pre-existing loyalty to her from the first game. She's a great character.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's not that i dont like Elena...I just love Claudia Black :)

azith28 on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Black Ice wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while due to Orange Box and God of War Collection.

What are the new skins for the Holiday weekend?

o_O

Isn't that terrible on the PS3? Or is that only the online, and the single player is fine?

I like it Portal was a blast and haven't tried half-life yet. Then again I haven't ever played TF2 on PC.. so I may be missing out. (Don't hate me)

My Uncharted 2 was kicking me off due to a bad connection and because of that I lost a rank and $40,000 of my money.

Now I understand penalties for douches who like to leave when they lose but when it's a connection error and I get penalized. That's just wrong.

On the Orange Box: The PS3 version works fine, but I'm guessing the online community is pretty nonexistent. I don't have a computer capable of playing HL2 (yes, I know it came out in like 2004, my PCs are that outdated), so on PS3 was my only option. Played through HL2, Eps. 1 and 2, and Portal, and had no trouble.

On Uncharted 2 connection errors: was this a one time connection issue or is it persistent? I never had internet trouble until trying to play UC2 online. I would get at least one connection error and multiple 5 second freezes every time I played. Would gain a few ranks, then hit a $40K penalty and get knocked back to 1. I did some research, figured out that my Belkin N+ router doesn't play nice with PS3, replaced it with a DLink 655, and have been having absolutely no issues. FYI.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's started last night and happened a few times.

Hopefully it's done.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So are we gonna get together some night and play some multiplayer? I enjoyed wrecking shit at Plunder over Thanksgiving weekend.

DesertChicken on
    PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Unfortunatly my work schedule has killed my gamming hours. If your still on at 5 hours from now I may be down for some more. Otherwise, think it'll have to wait till this weekend.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've been checking the chat room every once in a while, now that I'm done with the SP. But no one was there so I just went on to Assassin's Creed.

edit: Like I said, I get that it's a standalone, but I'd sure like to know what cause certain characters to not associate with others during the break between games.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    Unfortunatly my work schedule has killed my gamming hours. If your still on at 5 hours from now I may be down for some more. Otherwise, think it'll have to wait till this weekend.

Five hours, eh? Can do.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been checking the chat room every once in a while, now that I'm done with the SP. But no one was there so I just went on to Assassin's Creed.

edit: Like I said, I get that it's a standalone, but I'd sure like to know what cause certain characters to not associate with others during the break between games.

They've got lives, man. Elena's got a career to look out for, she can't spend the rest of her life getting drunk in some cheap bar with Drake.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just found out how awesome pistols are in Deathmatch. I can't believe I thought the AK47 was good D:

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

They've got lives, man. Elena's got a career to look out for, she can't spend the rest of her life getting drunk in some cheap bar with Drake.

Yeah, I thought about that, and that's why I found it a little funny that Lazarevic brings up a certain gameplay trope at the end of the game. I guess she couldn't really hang out with him, but if they "lurve" each other so damn much, why did she "break his heart"? I mean, even Indy had his reasons for leaving Marion.

Also, I just saw the Yahtzee review for UC2. I wasn't aware Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had a 1 at the end of it. :? </sarcasm>

edit: Actually, after all the shit she pulled in UC1, how'd Elena even keep her job in UC2, or somehow get a better one? Those people must have really liked her cable show.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yeah, I thought about that, and that's why I found it a little funny that Lazarevic brings up a certain gameplay trope at the end of the game. I guess she couldn't really hang out with him, but if they "lurve" each other so damn much, why did she "break his heart"? I mean, even Indy had his reasons for leaving Marion.

Also, I just saw the Yahtzee review for UC2. I wasn't aware Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had a 1 at the end of it. :? </sarcasm>

edit: Actually, after all the shit she pulled in UC1, how'd Elena even keep her job in UC2, or somehow get a better one? Those people must have really liked her cable show.

It seemed like Elena switched gears with her work. From what I remember of UC1, the stuff she was talking about was like the documentary type stuff you'd watch on the Discovery channel, while in UC2 it seems more on the embedded journalist side of things. (I could be completely wrong. It's been like a year since I've played UC1)

'Sides, UC1 probably hardened her up enough to be willing to go after a psycho war criminal. I doubt they had too many volunteers for that job.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Malechai wrote: »

Five hours, eh? Can do.

Hopping on right now.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks to the slim ps3 pricedrop, I'm finally getting in on this Uncharted business come Christmas day. I can hardly wait!

Giga Gopher on
    My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    While fortress is kinda meh for survival, it works realy well for goldrush. The pathing issues arn't that bad cause the enemies never stop comming. Also it makes you learn the level realy well.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's relatively easy on co-op since enemies only come from two directions. And there are some spots where you can hole up and hold off an army.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm added to the OP list.

Oh also I'm trying to get the 10 hand to hand kills in a row trophy and I have a couple questions. I killed like 15 guys in a row doing a combination of stealth kills and hand to hand kills. Do the stealth kills not count towards the trophy even if they are unarmed kills? Also is this one that you can't just punch out a guy, save and restart punching the same guy out 9 more times? I have done that for a few of the other "Do X Y number of times" and it worked but for this one it hasn't so far.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh also I'm trying to get the 10 hand to hand kills in a row trophy and I have a couple questions. I killed like 15 guys in a row doing a combination of stealth kills and hand to hand kills. Do the stealth kills not count towards the trophy even if they are unarmed kills? Also is this one that you can't just punch out a guy, save and restart punching the same guy out 9 more times? I have done that for a few of the other "Do X Y number of times" and it worked but for this one it hasn't so far.

Can you shoot them and then punch them to death?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Can you shoot them and then punch them to death?
    That would get me the steel fists trophy.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just beat the game.

Not nearly enough Sullivan. But he was good while he was there.

To be fair, the "Many Faces Of Sully 'Goddamn' Sullivan" journal entry does make up for some of the lack of Sullivan elsewhere in the game.

Lawndart on