As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Priest] (Patch 4.2) Something something complete...

NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Welcome to the World of Priesthood (Patch 4.2)
Priest.png
See guides below for each type of Priest. Whether you melt faces or decides who lives or dies, there's a guide for you! If you have anything to add, feel free to post here or poke me.

NOTE
I have hung up my wings and no longer will be keeping this updated. It's been a fun ride! Take care priesties!
Art of Shadow :twisted:
Shadow Priest Guide
(Spec)tacular!
9/0/32

Most of the things left over in the shadowtree I deemed more PVP use
so I skipped them, like Silence and Psychic Horror. Mana is tighter in the coming raids so i took Veil Shadows for more shadowmuppet apperances and paired it with Phantasm. I loved this ability in my Wrath raiding days (HM RS comes to mind with the slowing black puddles of doom). If mana is not much of an issue later on, drop one point out of Mental Agility and top off Phantasm.
-or-
10/0/31

Hit Rating and YOU!
1742 Hit Rating (17%) @ 85 for raiding

The talent Twisted Faith will give you 1 Hit for every 1 Spirit on gear (sorry humans!). Hit required will be less for Spacegoats due to self ONLY racial buff.

Also when deciding between Hit or Spirit, always go for spirit since it also provides a small mana regen value. Also see Reforging below in regards to Hit.

Rotations, Rotations, Rotations!

Opening:
VT – SWP – DP – MB – MF
Trick with Shadow rotation is trying to keep Shadow Power up as much as possible, which is gained after casting Mindblast or Mindspike with Shadow Orbs up. It's been deemed a DPS loss to holding onto Mindblast till all Orbs are active. Once you gain enough haste, you'll find it easier to proc Shadow Orbs thus keeping Shadow Power active longer. So MB away!

Under 25% HP keep dots rolling and spam SWD.

Archangel will give you wiiiiings!

Dark Archangel (Dark Evangelism) is not only a good way to get some mana back (5% of total mana), but also a dmg increase to SWP, MS, MB and MF by 4% per stack. Understanding how this works means idealy best way to get the most out of your wings is make sure your dots are refreshed BEFORE using Archangel so you have more time to use the other spells. Remember MS will remove DoTs. So MF, MB and SWP are the most ideal spells to use this CD for. Bloodlust/herrooo also nice to time it around if communication is good within the raid.

What about this "clipping" thing?

Clipping DoTs is a thing of the past. DoTs now "refresh" with each new cast (DP & VT). So now comes the question when is the best time to refresh those 2 DoTs. As late as possible of course. Number crunchers on Shadowpriest.com say 2sec mark will give you the best overall DPS results.

Mindlfay had a slight change in 4.1. If you clip MF early to cast another MF that tick will be added to your next MF. There for that cast will tick for 4 instead of 3. Cast bar UIs will show you an increased casting time if you clipped. If you clip MF for anything else, that extra tick will be lost. If you have to clip, do it right after the 2nd tick or wait it out.

I Want to do MOOORE DPS! HAP!

2 Mob Pull:
VT&SWP one, regular rotation on the other. Cast MF on the other occasionally to refresh SWP.

3 Mob Pull:
SWP 2, regular rotation on the other.

4+ Mob Pull:
No CC? Mind Sear!! If CC is "safely" away you can still MS, but idealy you want to DoT everything with SWP then work on the "focus" target usually marked with SKULL.

*Things to remember*

If mobs are falling to half health by the time you cast your second DoT, you should be Mind Spiking instead. In the pulls mentioned above, the mobs are dying fast, still multi dot other target with SWP and Mindspike the focus/Skull.

BeJeweled

Brilliant Inferno Ruby (40 Intellect)
Reckless Ember Topaz (20 Int / 20 Haste)
Purified Demonseye ( 20 Int / 20 Spirit )

Meta:
Burning Shadowspirit Diamond: (54 int / 3% crit damage)
*Requires atleast 3 Red gems.*

To Match or Not to Match (slots)?

Socket Bonus:

Spirit - If you not Hit capped, usually safe to ignore. I personally tend to match these sockets to make gear juggling alittle easier in the future.
Intellect - Match it, get it, love it.
Crit - Usually safe to avoid the bonus.
Mastery - Usually safe to avoid the bonus.

Much like reforging, use your best judgement and watch your stats as you go along. I personally like to match my sockets, but that may not always ring true for others. If your big on min/max and want the most out of what you get, check out the BiS list below this guide. They include gem selections.

Reforging and You
First let's take a look how stats weight in for us:
Int = 1.00
SP = 0.7583
Crit = 0.4566
Haste = 0.5428
Mastery/Spirit/Hit = 0.4655
**spirit and hit is worth nothing once capped**
This is a base line for stat weight. As you progress with your gear it is best to run a simcraft of your own to see how the stats benefit you thus far.

Some more numbers to consider:

1% Hit = 102.446 rating
1% Crit = 179.28 rating
1% Haste = 128.05701 rating
1 Mastery = 179.28 rating

Understanding these basic numbers will help you make reforging decisions. Always use your best judgement. Below are more personal tips that have worked for me:

- Need more Hit? I tend to avoid reforging for hit rating (spirit) if I can help it. I'll gem int+spi before I touch any of my gears' stats. That should get it close, if not, I choose to reforge Mastery or Crit. Idealy, I pick gear that has Haste on it already. For example, I would reforge the Mastery onIncineratus to get Spirit since it already has Haste.

- Hit capped! I want all my gear to have some sort of haste state on it. Haste is silly good for our DoTs. More haste means more DoT ticks. Seeing that Crit and Mastery are pretty on par, I try to balance stats around those. So if I end up getting gear with Mastery and Crit, I'll reforge the stat I have more of to get haste added.

Enchantment!

Helm
Arcanum of Hyjal - Guardians of Hyjal, 60 Int / 35 Crit (74 PP)

Shoulders
Greater Inscription Charged Lodestone Therazane (Ex) 50 Spellpower / 25 Crit (62.5 PP)
Felfire Inscription (Inscription)130 Int / 25 Haste (142.5 PP)

Cloak
Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect - 50 Intellect (50 PP)
Tailoring(500) Lightweave Embroidery II - chance on casting for 580 Spellpower for 15 sec (113.76 PP)

Chest
Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats 20 Int / 20 Spirit (hit) (20.0 PP (30.0 PP before Hit Cap))

Bracers
Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed - 65 Haste (32.5 PP)
Leatherworking(500) - Draconic Embossment - 130 Intellect (130.00 PP)
Blacksmithing(400) Socket Bracer - 40 Intellect Gem (40 PP)
Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Spirit 50 (0.0 PP (25.0 PP before Hit Cap))

Gloves
Enchant Gloves - Haste - 50 Haste (50 PP)
Engineering(425) - Synapse Springs - 480 Intellect for 12 sec (minute cooldown) (96.00 PP)
Blacksmithing(400) Socket Gloves - 40 Intellect Gem (40 PP)

Belt
Eternal Belt Buckle - 40 Intellect Gem (40 PP)
Engineering(405) Nitro Boosts - Greatly increase run speed for 5 sec (stacks with regular enchant)

Legs
Powerful Ghostly Spellthread - 95 Intellect / 55 Spirit (hit) (95.0 PP (122.5 Before Hit Cap))

Boots
Enchant Boots - Lavawalker - 8% Runspeed / 35 Mastery Rating (13.65 PP)
Enchant Boots - Haste - 50 Haste Rating (25 PP)
Enchant Boots - Precision (0.0 PP (25.0 Before Hit Cap))

Ring
Enchanting(475) - Enchant Ring - 40 Intellect (40 PP)

Weapon
Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent - chance for 500 Int for 12 sec on spelldamage (120 PP)
Enchant Weapon - Hurricane - chance for 450 Haste for 12 sec on casting

Offhand
Enchant Off-hand - Superior Intellect - 40 Intellect (40 PP)

Glyph Me!

Prime:
  • Glyph of Mind Flay-Increases damge done by Mindflay by 10% when target is effected by SW Pain (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain - Increases the periodic damge done by SW Pain by 10% (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Shadow Word: Death - If your SW Death fails to kill a targret below 25% HP, your CD is reset (lvl32)
  • Glyph of Dispersion - Reduces the CD on Dispersion by 45 sec (lvl69)
Bolded Glyphs are the recommended ones for PvE. If it is Dispersion you want (PvP) it's a tough call, I would say dropping MF or SWD in replacement of.
Major:
  • Glyph of Spirit Tap - When you kill a target with your Shadow Word: Death and yield experience or honor, you instantly receive 12% of your total mana over 12 sec (lvl32)
  • Glyph of Inner Fire - Increases the armor from your Inner Fire spell by 50%. (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Fade - Reduces the cooldown of your Fade spell by 9 sec. (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Psychic Horror - Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Horror by 60 sec. (lvl59)
  • Glyph of Psychic Scream -Targets of your Psychic Scream spell now tremble in place instead of fleeing in fear, but the cooldown of Psychic Scream is increased by 3 sec. (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Fear Ward -Reduces cooldown and duration of Fear Ward by 60 sec.(lvl54)
Bolded is one I would recommend having, espcially when coupled with Phantasm talent. As for other options, it's purely situational. Spirit tap would be good if your add duty, Magmaw for example, keeping in mind to use Mind Spike instead of DoTs.
Minor:
  • Glyph of Shadow Fiend - Recieve 5% of your maxium mana if your Muppet dies from damage.(lvl66)
  • Glyph of Levitate - Spell no longer requires a regeant (lvl34)
  • Glyph of Fading - Reduces the mana cost of Fade spell by 30%. (lvl25)
  • Glyph of Fortitude - Reduces mana cost by 50%
  • Glyph of Shadow - Increase duration by 10m.
Bolded recommended minor glyphs.

BiS Raid List:

Here is a link spreedsheet for 4.2. It's not as "simple" to view but has all the info you need and more:

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=30207
Discipline Me!:winky:
Disc Priest Guide
(Spec)tacular

With Archangel/Atonement /w 2 spare points
[URL="http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcoMochM:mqVdaq0Vz
"]31/8/0[/URL]

Without Archangel/Atonement /w 2 spare points
31/8/0

Some possible options for those spare points:

Darkness - Small haste Buff
Veiled of Shadows - Reduce Shadowmuppet CD

Let's talk about Archangel/Atonement.
Smiting to a 5 stack costs less mana each cast and does 100% of the damage as healing over 5 targets.
It is a ‘smart’ heal, so it chooses the lowest health targets within a very short range, including hunter pets
and temporary pets like shadowfiend. A 5-stack consumed will return slightly less mana than you spent,
and boost your healing (+3% per stack) for 18 seconds.

As a note, Atonement heals are not influenced by Archangel, so when you activate Archangel the Atonement heals will be smaller than when you were just maintaining the 5 stacks of Evangelism. Atonement heals are also not affected by the presence of Grace on their target.

The main purpose of Evangelism is to provide Archangel for the times when you need the healing boost.
The smite-to-heal mechanic is a conservation technique to keep putting out a base amount of healing
while spending (overall) very little mana during lower damage phases of the fight. A non-Archangel/Atonement spec would use Heal for this purpose

Stat/Gem Recommendations

Int is the most important stat, with spirit being secondary for mana. Most of your gear should have spirit on it. Next on stat totem pole depends on what role you play. Single target healing (Tank), Crit will be your next sought out stat due to the 4.2 changes with 200% crit for healers (Divine Aegis). Multi target healing (raid healing/bubble spam), Mastery is next.

Reforging will look something like this:
-No Spirit but has Crit and Mastery then you reforge the Crit to Spirit.
-Haste and Spirit, reforge the Haste to Mastery.
-Mastery and Spirit, do nothing.

Switch Mastery around for Crit if Tank healing.

When it comes to gems, there really isn't a reason not to match socket bonus. Unless your in serious need of a particular stat. Here is a list of matching gem recomendations:

Red - Brilliant Inferno Ruby (+40 Int)
Blue - Purified Demonseye (+20 Int & +20 Spirit)
Orange - Artful Ember Tobaz (+20 Int & +20 Mastery) **Raid Healing**
- Potent Ember Topaz (+20 Int & +20 Crit) **Tank Healing**
Meta - Ember Shadowspirit Diamond - 54 int, +2% max mana

Glyph Me!

Prime
*Dispersion, Mind Flay, Guardian Spirit and Lightwell are useless for Disc*
  • Glyph of Penance - Reduce cooldown of Penance by 2 secs.
  • Glyph of Power Word: Shield - Also heals the target for 20% of absorbtion amount.
  • Glyph of Power Word: Barrier - Increases the healing received while under the Barrier by 10%.
  • Glyph of Prayer of Healing - Prayer of Healing spell also heals an additional 20% of its initial heal over 6 sec.
Major
Most of our major glyphs are mediocre or situational, which is a good thing: LOTS of choice here, and lots of room to swap around by encounter:
  • Glyph of divine Accuracy - Increases your change to Hit with Smit by 18%*
  • Glyph of Mass Dispel - Reduces the cast time by 1 sec.
  • Glyph of Holy Nova - Redues the Global Cooldown by .5 sec.
  • Glyph of Spirit Tap - When you kill a target with your Shadow Word: Death and yield experience or honor, you instantly receive 12% of your total mana over 12 sec.
  • Glyph of Smite - Inflicts another 20% damage when target afflicted by Holy Fire
  • Glyph of Psychic Scream - Targets will tremble in place, by Cooldown increased by 3 secs.
  • Glyph of Pain Suppression - Allows to be cast while stunned.
Minor
  • Glyph of Levitate - No regeant Required
  • Glyph of Shadow Muppet - Recieve 5% of your maxium mana if your Muppet dies from damage**
  • Glyph of Fortitude - Reduces the cost of Prayer of Fortitude.
  • Glyph of Fading - Reduces the cost of Fade by 30%
  • Glyph of Shadow Protection - Increase duration by 10 min.
* - Required for Atonement/Archangle Spec
**- less useful now that pets have good resistance to aoe

Mastery

Shield Discipline
Increases the potency of all your damage absorption spells by 20%. Each point of Mastery increases the potency of absorbs by an additional 2.5%.

Souces:
Elitist Jerks
Ishtaar, the Insane.
Offical WoW Fourms
http://manaflask.com/narilka/blog/5950 <- extremely good read!
Holy Bologna: What the Light Won't Tell You:...:
Holy Priest Guide
Spectacular!

6/31/0

For raiding this core holy spec takes Lightwell and Rapid Renewal, and does not include Spirit of Redemption. Suggested uses for the optional points are to choose from Darkness, Veiled Shadows, Surge of Light, Inner Sanctum and Desperate Prayer. But that is at players' discretion to what you do with your play style.

6/33/2

Suggestion for 5m Heroics.

Is Circle of Healing worth using now, given the larger health pools at 85?
Yes, since it is a smart heal and can help set up for a PoH by healing some of the lower health targets. We will probably still be using it on cooldown, or saving it for a few seconds at most.

Should I take Inspiration?
Yes--ideally you would always take Inspiration if you might be healing a tank at any point. This includes healing the tank group with PoH, and remember that PW:S can proc Inspiration from the glyph heal. That said, disc priests using an A/A spec will find it difficult to spare the points to go that far into the holy tree.

Body and Soul - worth it, or not?
This talent can be extremely valuable and has saved many people. However if you raid with a discipline priest who is bubbling the raid, you may find your targets already affected by Weakened Soul. Absolutely set up your raid frames to show Weakened Soul (both your own and from other priests).

Let’s talk about Lightwell.
Lightwell is a holy priest’s highest HpM spell but the difficulty is, as always, getting others to
use the @#$% thing. Lightwell is the most efficient healing spell in the World of Warcraft, and the biggest throughput increase for 1 talent point of any healer. Many of the drawbacks of this spell have been addressed. It is now clickable from 20 yards without deselecting your target, does not need to be channeled, and can't be reused until your current Lightwell Renew has run its duration. It is even usable while stunned. It does still require your fellow raiders to use it for themselves, and its use cannot be macro'd. Lightwell can be cast pre-pull with the Inner Fire buff up for the spellpower boost (if you
are using Inner Will). If you expect the all the charges to be used and the lightwell to be consumed
early in the fight, pre-cast a short time before the pull to get the cooldown ticking, enabling you to
recast the lightwell earlier

Now for Charka

Chakra - When activated, your next Heal, Renew, Prayer of Healing or Smite spell will
put you into a corresponding Chakra state. Lasts for 30 sec.

Revelations - While in a Chakra state, your Holy Word: Chastise ability will
transform into a different ability depending on which state you are in.

Holy is many, many levels of amazing now thanks to Chakra. So we get not one, not two, but three Holyforms... (and Lolsmite form) With the Revelations talent, it also changes our Holy Word: Chastise into a new heal based on which state you pick. So here's what we get:

*Heal Charka (Serenity) - increases the critical chance of direct heals (Heal, Greater Heal and Flash Heal) by 10%, and causes your direct heal to refresh the duration of Renew on the Target. With Revelations, Holy Word Chastise becomes Holy Word: Serenity. Instantly heals the target for 5198 to 6100, and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 25% for 6 sec. 15 sec cooldown

*PoH & PoM Charka (Sanctuary) - increases the healing done by your area of effect spells and Renew by 15% and reduces the cooldown of you Circle of Healing by 2 sec (from 10 sec to 8 sec CD). With Revelations, Holy Word Chastise becomes Holy Word: Sanctuary. Blesses the ground with Divine light (15 yard radius), healing all within it for 299 to 355 every 2 secs for 18 secs. 40 cooldown

*Smite Charka (Chastise) - Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by 15%

Stats

Basic gearing strategy for Holy:
1. Get as much Intellect as you can through higher item level gear and gemming.
2. Make sure every item has Spirit as a secondary stat.
3. Get enough Haste to have 12.5% raid buffed, more if you need the increased reaction time.
  • With 5% raid buff and 3/3 darkness, you only need 516 haste
  • With 5% and 2/3 darkness, it's 646 haste
  • With 5% and 1/3 darkness, it's 779 haste
  • With just 5% you need 915 haste
  • Without 5% 3/3 darkness: 1181 haste
  • Without 5% 3/2 darkness: 1318 haste
  • Without 5%1/3 darkness: 1458 haste
4. Stack Mastery.
5. Avoid Crit, which has the worst conversion factors, and is devalued further by our talents to increase it.

Mastery

Echo of Light - Your direct healing spells heal for an additional 10% over 6 sec. Each point of Mastery provides an additional 1.25% healing over 6 sec

BeJeweled

-snip-

Glyph Me!

Prime
  • Glyph of Penance - Reduce cooldown of Penance by 2 secs.
  • Glyph of Power Word: Shield - Also heals the target for 20% of absorbtion amount.
  • Glyph of Renew - 10% increase
  • Glyph of Prayer of Healing - Prayer of Healing spell also heals an additional 20% of its initial heal over 6 sec
  • Glyph of Flash Heal - +10% crit on targets below 25%
  • Glyph of Guardian Spirit - reduces cooldown by 30 sec
  • Glyph of Light Well - +5 extra charges.
Major
  • Glyph of Circle of Healing - Hits one extra target.
  • Glyph of Divine Accuracy - Increases your change to Hit with Smit by 18%
  • Glyph of Mass Dispel - Reduces the cast time by 1 sec.
  • Glyph of Holy Nova - Redues the Global Cooldown by .5 sec.
  • Glyph of Spirit Tap - When you kill a target with your Shadow Word: Death and yield experience or honor, you instantly receive 12% of your total mana over 12 sec.
  • Glyph of Smite - Inflicts another 20% damage when target afflicted by Holy Fire
  • Glyph of Psychic Scream - Targets will tremble in place, by Cooldown increased by 3 secs.
  • Glyph of Pain Suppression - Allows to be cast while stunned.
  • Glyph of Dispell Magic - reduce cast time by 1 sec
Minor
  • Glyph of Levitate - No regeant Required
  • Glyph of Shadow Muppet - Recieve 5% of your maxium mana if your Muppet dies from damage**
  • Glyph of Fortitude - Reduces the cost of Prayer of Fortitude.
  • Glyph of Fading - Reduces the cost of Fade by 30%
  • Glyph of Shadow Protection - Increase duration by 10 min.
Bolded - Required for Holy Spec
**- less useful now that pets have good resistance to aoe
fin

13142111181576.png
Neyla on

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A shadow question for you Neyla: At what point should you drop the Tier 8 4 piece bonus? I recently got the 219 Legs and with the 226 Chest/Helm and 219 Gloves I threw together a set to try it out with and noticed my DPS jumped quite a bit (went from about 2600~ sp 25~% crit 210 haste to 2500~ sp, 21~% crit 396 haste statwise) so I think I'm going to stick with it when I do DPS. Shadow for now is my offspec so I don't think I'll be able to get much T9 pieces for DPS for a bit.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So dudes.

Holy glyphs.

PoH, Renew, and.....?

Is there an option besides guardian spirit?

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited November 2009
    Circle of Healing?

(I haven't touched Holy since 1.X, so I could be absolutely wrong)

Naphtali on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, you need the Circle of Healing glyph for making it hit another target.

Joshmvii on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Usually as a rule of thumb for myself I will get 2 pieces of a set before breaking one. So I will always have 2 set bonus'. But as an offset, I don't see any issues keeping your 4pc till you have collected the other while upgrading belts, boots etc. There is so much gear in ToC/ToGC, Ony, and BoE Pattern combined to help make up for it, and won't take long before main specs won't need them and you'll be a kid in a candy store in no time :D

Are you in a 10 and 25 man ToC?

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited November 2009
    Neyla wrote: »
    Usually as a rule of thumb for myself I will get 2 pieces of a set before breaking one. So I will always have 2 set bonus'. But as an offset, I don't see any issues keeping your 4pc till you have collected the other while upgrading belts, boots etc. There is so much gear in ToC/ToGC, Ony, and BoE Pattern combined to help make up for it, and won't take long before main specs won't need them and you'll be a kid in a candy store in no time :D

Usually, haven't done 25 in a few weeks due to attendance/burn out/dragon age/work/etc. Got my 4piece T9 done for Disc though this week. More bubbles!

Naphtali on
    edited November 2009
    Naphtali wrote: »

Usually, haven't done 25 in a few weeks due to attendance/burn out/dragon age/work/etc. Got my 4piece T9 done for Disc though this week. More bubbles!

If your not using your Triumph Badges for anything else after you have what you need for your healing, the T9 badge set is comparable. I got impatient and annoyed I couldn't win a /roll for my last 4pc so i badged it. I was sitting on almost 200 badges by then.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited November 2009
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Yeah, you need the Circle of Healing glyph for making it hit another target.

Well I don't raid on that character, but I hope to someday, so I suppose.

My filler glyph in that slot (spirit of redemption) that I have mostly because it's funny in PvP actually saved my group in H ToC today, haha. I died very soon into the last phase of black knight due to... I have no idea, and I spamhealed the group for the rest of the fight, giving them enough health buffer to beat him.

That's what they get for bringing a healer in blues to HToC... a successful run with no full wipes! :lol:

Kainy on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hi new Priest thread! I <3 you guys.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I got my priest to 80 finally. Her gear is terrible though. It's so tough thinking of bringing her to a heroic with her 14k hp and all that when I have my druid in Tier 9 sitting around.

shadowane on
    edited November 2009
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Can I haz some candles plox? Lol I forgot mine!1!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited November 2009
    shadowane wrote: »
    I got my priest to 80 finally. Her gear is terrible though. It's so tough thinking of bringing her to a heroic with her 14k hp and all that when I have my druid in Tier 9 sitting around.

Do it! Priests and Druids are so similar and different and wonderfully inside out from each other.

OMG I'm out too lulz! >.<

Ishtaar on
    edited November 2009

Do it! Priests and Druids are so similar and different and wonderfully inside out from each other.

OMG I'm out too lulz! >.<

well...maybe they won't notice the lack of Fort/Spirit...

it's a crutch anyhow!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited November 2009
    Well after copy/pasting the PTR stuff for the thread, and seeing the PW: shield change... I wonder when you will be able to cast levitate outside the group...

Just cause.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Well, it's a feral druid so no healing. I used to heal a long time ago on my priest and got burned out. Don't know what I plan with her now although currently she's shadow with no dual spec because I'm lazy at the moment.

shadowane on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The new random LFG will make it a lot easier to get groups. Smart playing and you can heal heroics even as a brand spanking new 80. Just don't try ToC and make sure the tank doesn't pull too much and lets you drink, you can do it.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For 3.3 we are talking about introducing three new glyphs for Shadow Word: Pain, Corruption and Rejuvenation that would allow these spells to tick faster with the more haste you have.

MOAR DOTS!!!

Xehalus on
    edited November 2009
    Xehalus wrote: »
    For 3.3 we are talking about introducing three new glyphs for Shadow Word: Pain, Corruption and Rejuvenation that would allow these spells to tick faster with the more haste you have.

MOAR DOTS!!!

actually the buff is from shadowform itself without a glyph
    Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.

and in case you were worried about mana from refreshing DoTs more often there will be a new Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain:
    The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana.

I think that glyph is replacing the current Mind flay glyph and the range increase of the old glyph is baseline.

format on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hooray! The last thread's title was perfect, so it's hard to top, but this is acceptable. ;)
    Kainy wrote: »
    So dudes.

Holy glyphs.

PoH, Renew, and.....?

Guardian Spirit is awesome... That and CoH are your "practically mandatory" glyphs, the third is the one that you can debate.

I want to fix up my shadow gear and spec (which I haven't used since sometime in Naxx) but it's such a daunting task figuring out which combination is best.

riz on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    format wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

MOAR DOTS!!!

actually the buff is from shadowform itself without a glyph
    Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.

and in case you were worried about mana from refreshing DoTs more often there will be a new Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain:
    The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana.

I think that glyph is replacing the current Mind flay glyph and the range increase of the old glyph is baseline.

Actually, it was recently "clarified" that Shadowfrom will NOT grant SW: Pain a benefit from haste. Pain doesn't not benefit from haste on the current version of the PTRs and the PTR patchnotes should be changed in the next build to reflect this. They said it had something to do with not refreshing properly with Mind Flay but I'm not so sure.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited November 2009
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Actually, it was recently "clarified" that Shadowfrom will NOT grant SW: Pain a benefit from haste. Pain doesn't not benefit from haste on the current version of the PTRs and the PTR patchnotes should be changed in the next build to reflect this. They said it had something to do with not refreshing properly with Mind Flay but I'm not so sure.

Too bad, really. That has been broken for a while. Also using the same spell power as when it was first cast and refreshed versions not being updated with new SP procs/trinkets/whatever.

format on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't get why that would be the case, because warlocks are getting a glyph to hastify Corruption in 3.3, and Haunt refreshes Corruption.

I thought they just would have taken SW: P hasting out of Shadowform and made you have to glyph for it.

forty on
    edited November 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Hooray! The last thread's title was perfect, so it's hard to top, but this is acceptable. ;)
    So dudes.

Holy glyphs.

PoH, Renew, and.....?

Guardian Spirit is awesome... That and CoH are your "practically mandatory" glyphs, the third is the one that you can debate.

I want to fix up my shadow gear and spec (which I haven't used since sometime in Naxx) but it's such a daunting task figuring out which combination is best.

I know... I been on the fence for a title for awhile, and then I started to see people posting priest questions else where... I had to take action...

Now...come to the dark side Riz. We have Cookies...

and pet gnomes... for punting....

great fun

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Too bad, really. That has been broken for a while. Also using the same spell power as when it was first cast and refreshed versions not being updated with new SP procs/trinkets/whatever.

That's actually been a boon as you can trinket proc/pop trinket and Inner Focus as soon as you get 5/5 Shadow Weaving and get full damage SW Pain throughout the entire fight.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited November 2009

That's actually been a boon as you can trinket proc/pop trinket and Inner Focus as soon as you get 5/5 Shadow Weaving and get full damage SW Pain throughout the entire fight.

yeah but the bug with not refreshing with mind flay makes this bad though

format on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    priests are weird people

Dhalphir on
    edited November 2009
    Generally, yes. I think we have all the non-emo Priests posting in this thread too.

Ishtaar on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    <3 Priests
    So mine is currently 71. Currently shadow/disc, any recomended leveling styles/area's? The whole leveling process has been kind of blurred since my last character was at this level.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • GogoKodoGogoKodo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Why hello there priest thread. How do ya do?

Switched to shadow (I feel like I'm currently offspec disc AND offspec shadow) since my guild doesn't really have a need of more healers.

Did my very first heroic pug today and did the top dps, somehow there was 2 shadow priests (myself and one other) but the other guy was a bit sad. Mind sear on 1 or 2 mobs, SWP as first thing on bosses, I don't think I saw more than a few mind blasts.

One problem I have right now as either healer or dps is that when I run stuff with my guild I'm really not learning a whole lot since everyone else is all geared up and my dps output isn't really necessary for the content we are doing right now. I'm sort of just getting pulled along currently.

GogoKodo on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    We removed Shadow Word: Pain from scaling with haste because we thought Shadow dps was too high with all 3 dots hasted.

Well crap

There goes MY easy way to the top DPS spot

Arch on
    edited November 2009
    Other priest healers, what would you recommend for an undergeared priest healing Black Knight?

I end up dying on occasion because he LOVES using marked for death on me, and with my garbage gear, I have very little health.

The strategy I've started using as a failsafe is out-and-out holy spec prayer of healing spam, with PoMs on cooldown, but then I'm incredibly dependent on the DPS to kill him before I run out of mana, which is really, really fast. I frequently have to blow my shadowfiend on Paletress, because I get that bitch every time, and it's not generally up by the time I get to BK.

Advice? Would it be easier as disc?

Kainy on
    edited November 2009
    As a Disc priest I basically do a bubble->PoH chain, bubbling either the tank, myself, or a person marked for death, and going through until everyone in the group got bubbled then restart on the first person. As Disc you have a talented spell haste on next cast after using your PW:Shield so you can get relatively quick group heals flowing.

You should be ok with PoH spam with PoM and CoH usage on cooldown too. Are you using Divine Hymn? I found when I was still gearing up I had to use this to clear the fight or at least make it easier on myself until I could get through it comfortably without it. It should get much easier when you get more gear spec aside.

Naphtali on
    edited November 2009
    I never use divine hymn, probably because I just sorta forget it's there. I should start.

I've never healed BK as disc because of how much trouble I have healing group damage, when I'm disc. My priest is disc/holy dual specced, because I just have no interest in DPSing with her, ha.

Kainy on
    edited November 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    We removed Shadow Word: Pain from scaling with haste because we thought Shadow dps was too high with all 3 dots hasted.

Well crap

There goes MY easy way to the top DPS spot

I would of been happy if haste only applied to SW: pain.

Now i am just gonna have to pay more attention, damn it.

But "we thought Shadow dps was too high with all 3 dots hasted" really did make me chuckle...last time i tested things out on the PTR (2 weeks ago) I didn't see no huge boost.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited November 2009
    But "we thought Shadow dps was too high with all 3 dots hasted" really did make me chuckle...last time i tested things out on the PTR (2 weeks ago) I didn't see no huge boost.

There is a simulation going around that had shadow theoretical dps in the 10k range

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/SampleOutputPTR

compare it to
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/SampleOutputT9

about an 1.5k dps increase.

of course "simulation is a simulation" so yeah.. take it with a grain of salt.

format on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

There is a simulation going around that had shadow theoretical dps in the 10k range

compare it to

damnit i have seen people pushing 7-8k why can't they let us get 10k!

:lol:

Arch on
    edited November 2009

compare it to

I maybe a nub here since I don't do sims. I am the old fashioned copy my gear and use the same target dummy with recount...

But when i see those charts, I don't just see 10k Spriest. I see everyone doing 10k +

Heaven forbid we beat out some of those warlocks and rogues...

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I never use divine hymn

Learn to remember it's there, it's great. Especially if you ever heal raids. Inner Focus + Divine Hymn = :winky:

riz on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

compare it to

I maybe a nub here since I don't do sims. I am the old fashioned copy my gear and use the same target dummy with recount...

But when i see those charts, I don't just see 10k Spriest. I see everyone doing 10k +

Heaven forbid we beat out some of those warlocks and rogues...

Not that I'm saying SPriest dps shouldn't be higher, but if you're looking at simulations it's assuming perfect circumstances for all, and you're not going to see SPriests above Warlocks and Rogues. It's the pure vs. hybrid thing. What you should be looking at is being competitive with all dps classes that aren't rogue/lock/hunter/mage.

Joshmvii on
    edited November 2009
    riz wrote: »
    I never use divine hymn

Learn to remember it's there, it's great. Especially if you ever heal raids. Inner Focus + Divine Hymn = :winky:

Also, make a macro for it to mock the other healing classes. Mine says in party chat: "Divine Hymn channeling, watch it do my job for me for the next 10 seconds, afk brb."

I love it, for emergencies and sometimes when I just want to go grab a drink mid-bossfight.

Ishtaar on
This discussion has been closed.