As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Hookup: Comics Deals, Sales, Giveaways, Etc.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ok, word is the new round of emails is that they will honor the price for 1 copy of each book, but not for multiples.

WOO!

What word is this? Did you personally receive an email from Amazon about your order?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here is what the "qty. 1" e-mail looks like:

Hello,

We’re contacting you about order #002-1394448-8466664. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

The Complete Invincible Library, Vol. 1

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. However, this was our mistake, and we’ll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. We’re unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we’ve adjusted the quantity of your order to “1.” We’re sorry for the disappointing news.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you’d like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/[ASIN]/

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hm. That is better than hearsay and rumors.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got a shipping confirmation on Invincible Iron Man, still waiting on the rest. No other emails, but I only ordered 1 of each.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What are your shipping estimates like? I've got Madman and Criminal going out on the 12th, and my other two orders are toward the end of March and the beginning of April respectively.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    most of mine the arrival time is estimated within a week or two at most for the 2day amazon prime trial thing.

edit:

oh and I did a talley and figured it up.

My order:

Retail: ~$1582.00
    Amazon: ~$1052.00
    Amazon Screw Up 2010 Sale Cost: $220.00

Saved $1362 off Retail, and $832 off Amazon price.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What are your shipping estimates like? I've got Madman and Criminal going out on the 12th, and my other two orders are toward the end of March and the beginning of April respectively.

Mine says it shipped today, and that was one-day so I should get them in tomorrow.

One thing I did do, in order to not act like it was a run on the bank and just a lucky customer was to buy some TV DVDs like Mad Men and Eastbound & Down to even out my order. The only thing I wonder now is if the DVDs will be crushed by the weight of 3 Marvel Omnibuses, because that weight will pop those big bubbles when jostling around in a UPS truck.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    3 of my 4 shipped as well. Madman says it will take about a week to ship. I'm tempted to cancel it, since I have most of the Madman books already collected in nice slipcovers, but I probably won't at $15.00.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think that's pretty decent of them to honour the orders for 1 of each book... there's a big difference between people like ManetheranWolf ordering things for himself and some prick who tried to scam a dozen copies of something to sell on eBay.

Still, it must have cost them an absolute fortune.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, I actually want these for my collection. Hell, If I can find them for reasonable prices, I'd consider buying more of the old Omnibus collections. I loved the Captain America (Brubaker issues 1-25) one that I got awhile back, and thats the main reason I decided to get these. (that and the stupid good prices... but anyway)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ooh, Madman Gargantua just shipped. ALL IS WELL.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dang, my stuff has not shipped yet.
    Order #2
    Shipping Estimate: March 19, 2010 - March 26, 2010

Nextwave: Agents Of H.A.T.E. Ultimate Collection TPB
    Warren Ellis, Stuart Immonen
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Scud: The Whole Shebang
    Rob Schrab, et al

Order #1
    Not yet shipped
    Delivery Estimate: March 19, 2010 - March 24, 2010

Madman Gargantua (Madman Comics)
    Mike Allred

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    3 of my 4 shipped. I got this e-mail re: the fourth:
    Hello,

Our records indicate you recently ordered 'Madman Gargantua (Madman Comics)'. Unfortunately, due to a pricing error, we sold many more than expected. In fact, we completely sold out — we don't have any in stock right now, and we're not even sure if we'll be able to get more.

As a result, we've had to cancel your order. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

You may want to check our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller lists the item for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. We hope to see you again soon.

Oh well. Two omnibuses and a deluxe edition for $45 is cool with me.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When did you place your order Peeps?

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    When did you place your order Peeps?

Late night on the 6th (Saturday)

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah, well anything I ordered on Sunday is probably going to be cancelled, then. The Stan Lee's Fantastic Four and X-Men Omnibuses still remain in Limbo, as do both Daredevil books, Invincible Iron Man, and the Wolverine Omnibus, but Bone and Madman have both shipped while Criminal, Golden Age Marvel, and Avengers Forever are currently being processed.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I haven't received any email, but my orders do not exist on my orders page.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

When did you place your order?

A few of my orders have just disappeared as well, specifically everything I ordered on Sunday except for Avengers Forever, which was not a steeply discounted item. Looks like I'm not getting any Iron Man, Daredevil, X-Men, or Wolverine.

Saturday Orders (Bone, Golden Age Marvel, Madman, and Criminal) all all now being processed, though.

I'm guessing those books that disappeared were all sold out by the time I put in my order.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No email here, but most of my stuff disappeared as well.

Fuck.

Secret wars II Omnibus is shipping soon though.

It seems I fucked up by cancelling out some from my initial order to reorder them at the cheaper price.

Ah well no big deal. I didn't really need to spend that much anyway.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I called amazon and the woman who answered said that all the items that had disappeared were now backordered and any quantities received in the future would be unable to meet total demand. On the bright side, anything that's currently reading as being processed is guaranteed to ship.

Also, we were supposed to receive e-mails about cancelled orders, but looks like there was some sort of error.

In total, I got Madman, Criminal, Bone, Avengers Forever, and the Golden Age Marvel Omnibus. I'm pretty satisfied with that since every order beyond those books was more out of curiosity or a desire to take advantage than anything else. These books, however, are things I might've purchased otherwise.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, so Im calling them.

I had stuff removed that is still in-stock.

which is bull.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, so Im calling them.

I had stuff removed that is still in-stock.

which is bull.

Do they actually say "In-Stock" or do they give a time frame for delivery like 2-4 weeks or 2-4 months? I was made to believe that anything with a time frame attached to it is likely to be out of stock.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They removed my copy of Kick Ass. which wasnt even a pricing error item.

They removed my Nextwave. which is still in stock (and was only a few dollars cheaper)

and Invincible V3 as well, is in stock (though lot of good it does me without the big book)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

When did you place your order?

A few of my orders have just disappeared as well, specifically everything I ordered on Sunday except for Avengers Forever, which was not a steeply discounted item. Looks like I'm not getting any Iron Man, Daredevil, X-Men, or Wolverine.

Saturday Orders (Bone, Golden Age Marvel, Madman, and Criminal) all all now being processed, though.

I'm guessing those books that disappeared were all sold out by the time I put in my order.

I placed the order... Sunday I think. Pretty much as soon as I heard of the sale.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They removed my copy of Kick Ass. which wasnt even a pricing error item.

They removed my Nextwave. which is still in stock (and was only a few dollars cheaper)

and Invincible V3 as well, is in stock (though lot of good it does me without the big book)

Oh, that is strange, then, especially since they do seem able to cancel individual items while retaining the larger order.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    On phone with customer service now.

Got kick ass added back, and my shipping issue fixed.

They are claiming to me that the items that the people who got items shipped out and charged for them are going to be contacted and told to either pay the difference or return the items.

BULL.

I am escalating the call and seeing where it gets me.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

They are claiming to me that the items that the people who got items shipped out and charged for them are going to be contacted and told to either pay the difference or return the items.

BULL.

I've seen several incorrectly priced things on a variety of major websites. I've seen quite a few of those things cancelled prior to shipping.

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting charged, the item shipped, then asked to pay the difference / return the item. Once they have fulfilled your order (charged you and shipped the product) they should have no legal ground to alter the terms of the sale (IANAL).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    BOOYAH!

After escalating, they are letting me get ALL of the items in the orders for the glitch price

Even the out of stock stuff!

woo!

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Daaaaaaaaaaammmnnn,

Way to go, dude.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

BULL.

I've seen several incorrectly priced things on a variety of major websites. I've seen quite a few of those things cancelled prior to shipping.

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting charged, the item shipped, then asked to pay the difference / return the item. Once they have fulfilled your order (charged you and shipped the product) they should have no legal ground to alter the terms of the sale (IANAL).

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/15/1356226

Amazon has tried something similar before. They can get bent though. That'd be an easy chargeback.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, they basically just added everything to my cart, and had me place a $900 order. and now I am watching as he is editting the prices on each individual book to the glitched prices and the order cost is continually dropping.

So for anyone who wants to get their order...

CALL AMAZON. If they give you the runaround escalate it.

Tell them that others are getting their stuff, and that it isn't right that you aren't for the same deal.

They will get you your books.

and with you going through customer service already, you will have a loophole if they try to charge you after the fact on your order. (not that you will need one, since that is clearly something they shouldnt be able to do.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What are your delivery estimates like?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well for the in-stock/backstocked stuff is saying May.

several of the items are listed as Temp out of stock, so those have no ship date listed.

Hell, if I even get just the May stuff shipped, I'll gladly wait that long to receive it for this price.

Secret Wars 2 just shipped btw.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't really have the time or motivation to harangue customer service today. I didn't get charged for anything, my orders don't seem to exist anymore. I didn't gain anything, but I didn't lose anything. I emailed Amazon about my orders vanishing, that is as far as I am going to take it.

Madman Gargantua is the only item that was hugely discounted, I think the other two (nextwave complete softcover and scud omnibus) were about half off. That's not worth hours of my time with customer service.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Same here. I got a few books yanked from my list, and I'm not optimistic about getting the rest. But I don't care to call and bitch someone out over a glitch.

Munch on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Looks like my orders are gone. Oh well, as long as I still have my money I'm okay.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, that's bullshit. My orders page is now blank, and I didn't even get an email about it. Definitely calling them when I get home.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I sent off an e-mail describing my exchange with customer as, in lieu of the reinstatement of Wolf's entire order, a misrepresentation of the circumstances surrounding my order and a breach in trust. I then asked to either be given the same treatment as Wolf or given an explanation for why he was treated better, which I hope will encourage them to reinstate my full order since they can't outright say that demanding to speak to a manager and refusing to give up is generally a good idea.

I'm not afraid to call and hector a customer service representative. I'm just afraid to talk to a girl again. D:

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, anybody heard about any good comics deals?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'd just like to clarify something.

I am not someone who will bitch out a customer service guy for something. I work as a retail manager, I know the shit they go through.

If they had just cancelled the orders in the first place like they SHOULD have, and not sent out emails to people saying they'd honor the price for 1 copy of books, and started sending out books to other people, I'd have just let the issue go no problem.

But when some people started getting preferential treatment it seemed and were GETTING their books, while others were not, thats when I got annoyed about it.

That is the ONLY reason I bothered to call customer service about it and see what they could do. Heck, I'd have been happy if they'd have at least just given me the Nextwave for the $14.99. But when they said they'd restore all of it, I was not gonna complain.

edit: so apparently they've removed ALL of the affected books from sale on the site except for reseller options now. And from what Im hearing there are alot of PO'd customer service people. Yikes.

ManetherenWolf on