As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect - Tycho: He does WORK!

• Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    whoa whoa whoa

spoilaz from the actor's video
    joker, what the fuck are you doing walking around
    He always could walk, he just has to be really careful.

guess I'll spoiler that

Juc on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    From the IGN article about the cast:
    Of the new actors, Martin Sheen will star as "the mysterious Illusive [sic] Man who commands Cerberus...

This isn't the first time I've seen a site use a 'sic' regarding illusive. That's gotta drive the writers a little nuts. I can imagine them sitting there and yelling, "At least try to google it, jackasses!"

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    whoa whoa whoa

You can see an obvious limp. Which I think is a nice touch.
    Plus iirc, in ME1 he says he can walk around if he's got major braces on.

That video in general is just fantastic. Seems like they cast Martin Sheen very well.

Charlie Sheen for ME3?

T4CT on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    Of the new actors, Martin Sheen will star as "the mysterious Illusive [sic] Man who commands Cerberus...

This isn't the first time I've seen a site use a 'sic' regarding illusive. That's gotta drive the writers a little nuts. I can imagine them sitting there and yelling, "At least try to google it, jackasses!"

...What wrong with "Said in context"?

Also, they really scruffed Joker up this time around.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Regarding Morinth:
    Is she the asari that Samara was kicking the ass of in her character video?

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    Shepard9000Shepard9000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    damndamndamndamndamn...I just realized ME2 comes out 2 days before I mobilize for Afghanistan. :cry::evil:

So...ME2 release, for me, Spring 2011. ugh.

Is there a new trailer that I missed? Thought the latest one was the engineer video.

Shepard9000 on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    damndamndamndamndamn...I just realized ME2 comes out 2 days before I mobilize for Afghanistan. :cry::evil:

So...ME2 release, for me, Spring 2011. ugh.

Is there a new trailer that I missed? Thought the latest one was the engineer video.

Don't worry. I'll do an extra playthrough just for you, man.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wet Bandit wrote: »

...What wrong with "Said in context"?

99% of the time [sic] is used, it's to indicate that there's an error in the original quote, but the quoter is leaving it as is and indicating it's not his error by putting a [sic] next to it.

In this instance, the quoter thinks 'elusive' has been misspelled 'illusive', so he's putting a [sic] in there to indicate that's not his screw-up. But he's wrong. And in trying to show that he didn't screw up, he in fact screwed up. Quite ironic, really.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah, I see.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Juc wrote: »
    whoa whoa whoa

guess I'll spoiler that
    yeah, careful enough to fool the disability benefits fraud team, am i right

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Juc wrote: »
    whoa whoa whoa

guess I'll spoiler that
    yeah, careful enough to fool the disability benefits fraud team, am i right

Hey! Bonitis is a valid and extremely dangerous disease.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's really Joker's only regret.

And this looks really good. I still think Miranda's forehead is a little too tall though. Engineered to be the perfect woman? I can see how that would be handy in the squad.:winky:

H*R on
    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    Shepard9000Shepard9000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Muchas gracias. Better for me to abandon this thread now, and try to forget about ME2 until I get back. I guess it's possible we'll have access to xboxes over there, so maybe not all hope is lost. Still, I'd much rather play it on the PC.

Shepard9000 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Muchas gracias. Better for me to abandon this thread now, and try to forget about ME2 until I get back. I guess it's possible we'll have access to xboxes over there, so maybe not all hope is lost. Still, I'd much rather play it on the PC.

My brother is over there and he has internet, Xbox, and PS3. So I guess it depends on where you are stationed.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Batarians? In my party?

Not on my watch. emot-colbert.gif

You've already forgotten, haven't you?

You forgot the "Leave-them-with-the-nuke"-option.

I have no idea what you're getting at here.

But I suspect you're confusing Batarians and Salarians.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Batarians? In my party?

Fiaryn, do you hate like...every alien race in ME?

I mean I understand Asari since they're weaksauce space elves.

The others aren't so bad though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Martin Sheen talking about Mass Effect

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I feel like a fourteen year old girl and I don't care

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Batarians? In my party?

Fiaryn, do you hate like...every alien race in ME?

What? No. It'd be easier to list the ones I hate than the ones I don't

Here are the ones I hate: Asari

Here are the ones my character hates because they're filthy terrorists to the last one: Batarians

And I kind of want a Volus plushy.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow, that video is somewhat spoileriffic.
    So, Adam Baldwin is a male Quarian (squadmate?), Anderson becomes Councillor (even if you chose Udina?), and apparently Samara has a twin called Morinth.
    They probably didn't bother making a storyline for Councilor Udina because nobody made him Councilor.

Nobody.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Wow, that video is somewhat spoileriffic.
    So, Adam Baldwin is a male Quarian (squadmate?), Anderson becomes Councillor (even if you chose Udina?), and apparently Samara has a twin called Morinth.
    They probably didn't bother making a storyline for Councilor Udina because nobody made him Councilor.

Nobody.

Some of us had the foresight to put him on the council so we can blow him up again in ME2. Oh, he'll be all "Oooh, the Reapers, Shepard! Save us! Save the Council ship!"

and I'll look down and say

"How'd you like it now, huh?"

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's quite a voice cast.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn, just spent an hour watching videos on ME2. Super pumped. Almost tempted to do a game+ run through to get to 50/60 (I only just finished ME1 first play). Too bad I have a ridiculous backlog of like 150-200 hours of games.

This has probably been discussed but I can't seem to find the answer, has Bioware stated exactly what files must be saved to use your characters in ME2? I assume saving the entire folder from Documents is enough? I'd keep my game installed, but I plan on reformatting for Windows 7 during the holidays.

Thanks

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think I like Joker a little too much. Seth Green's intro made me all giggly.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    grambo wrote: »
    Damn, just spent an hour watching videos on ME2. Super pumped. Almost tempted to do a game+ run through to get to 50/60 (I only just finished ME1 first play). Too bad I have a ridiculous backlog of like 150-200 hours of games.

This has probably been discussed but I can't seem to find the answer, has Bioware stated exactly what files must be saved to use your characters in ME2? I assume saving the entire folder from Documents is enough? I'd keep my game installed, but I plan on reformatting for Windows 7 during the holidays.

Thanks

The file you need is the end-game completion save, it'll have a file name something like Char_01-31-2-1-4-15-10-2009-5-50.MassEffectSave

Juc on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    :D

oh man Adam Baldwin and Liz Sroka are fun to watch act

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    stupidsexyjacob.jpg

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Gill KaiserGill Kaiser Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, that's certainly alliterative.

Gill Kaiser on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I came.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    all cerebus agents are genetically modified to have the best asses money can buy

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Lost my old characters at some point in time (boo), so I'm working on two (three... might turn into 4 :P) "canon" runs.

Based off this:
    Mass Effect 2 allows the player to import their characters from any completed Mass Effect playthrough. This means that all decisions made by the player in Mass Effect will carry over into Mass Effect 2 and have the potential to impact the story. Decisions confirmed to have an impact on the game include:
    • The decision to save either Kaidan or Ashley.
    • Whether or not the player kills Wrex on Virmire.
    • Whether or not the player decides to save the Citadel Council at the end of Mass Effect.
    • The player's choice of love interest.
    • Whether the player spares or destroys the Rachni Queen at Peak 15.
    • The player's treatment of Conrad Verner.
    • Whether or not the player completed the UNC: Asari Diplomacy sidequest.
    • Whether the player chose to allow the Alliance to conduct experiments on Nirali Bhatia's body.

Due to massive gameplay redesign, your level will not transfer over to Mass Effect 2 and you will start out with basic abilities. However, the game will acknowledge if you were a level 60 character and if you were a Renegade or Paragon and adapt it in ways that map across to the new system. Also, the physical appearance and class of imported characters can be changed at the start of the game, if desired.

If a player has no Mass Effect save files, Mass Effect 2 will start with an introduction sequence which, in combination with interactive decisions made by the player, introduces new players to the storyline and establishes a “canon” backstory.

Save 1 ("Paragon"):
    60 Soldier/Commando (Veteran/Insanity)

save Ashley / keep Wrex / save Council / romance Ashley / spare Queen / Charm Conrad / Charm Nassana / retrieve Bhatia's body

Save 2 ("Renegade"):
    ?? Adept/Bastion (Hardcore)

save Kaiden / keep Wrex / abandon Council / romance Liara / destroy Queen / Intimidate Conrad / Intimidate Nassana / leave Bhatia's body

Oh man...
    Saving the Rachni queen has an effect? Shepard and her are going to be melting faces.

I also like the parts about Conrad and Nitali's body. Nice to see some of the small stuff it getting attention.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    all cerebus agents are genetically modified to have the best asses money can buy

hey, the Illusive man is allowed his kinks

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wonder what Conrad is doing.

The elevator told me... not good things.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Conrad Verner for final party member confirmed

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Gamespot video is awesome and Joker is a bro.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That was a sexy, sexy trailer.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like how there are a lot of big non-squadmate characters.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lost my old characters at some point in time (boo), so I'm working on two (three... might turn into 4 :P) "canon" runs.

Based off this:
    Mass Effect 2 allows the player to import their characters from any completed Mass Effect playthrough. This means that all decisions made by the player in Mass Effect will carry over into Mass Effect 2 and have the potential to impact the story. Decisions confirmed to have an impact on the game include:
    • Whether or not the player decides to save the Citadel Council at the end of Mass Effect.
    • Whether the player chose to allow the Alliance to conduct experiments on Nirali Bhatia's body.

Due to massive gameplay redesign, your level will not transfer over to Mass Effect 2 and you will start out with basic abilities. However, the game will acknowledge if you were a level 60 character and if you were a Renegade or Paragon and adapt it in ways that map across to the new system. Also, the physical appearance and class of imported characters can be changed at the start of the game, if desired.

If a player has no Mass Effect save files, Mass Effect 2 will start with an introduction sequence which, in combination with interactive decisions made by the player, introduces new players to the storyline and establishes a “canon” backstory.

Save 1 ("Paragon"):

save Ashley / keep Wrex / save Council / romance Ashley / spare Queen / Charm Conrad / Charm Nassana / retrieve Bhatia's body

Save 2 ("Renegade"):

save Kaiden / keep Wrex / abandon Council / romance Liara / destroy Queen / Intimidate Conrad / Intimidate Nassana / leave Bhatia's body

Hmmm... given that my 'perfect' file is going to be

• The decision to save either Kaidan or Ashley. Save Kaiden
    • Whether or not the player kills Wrex on Virmire. Save Wrex
    • Whether or not the player decides to save the Citadel Council at the end of Mass Effect. Save the Council
    • The player's choice of love interest. Ashley, but let her die
    • Whether the player spares or destroys the Rachni Queen at Peak 15. Spare the Queen
    • The player's treatment of Conrad Verner. Be nice and don't kill him
    • Whether or not the player completed the UNC: Asari Diplomacy sidequest. Complete the quest
    • Whether the player chose to allow the Alliance to conduct experiments on Nirali Bhatia's body. Let them experiment on the body.

That should give me a good range of events.

Invisible on
  • Options
    ProsperoProspero Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I find it interesting how animated Seth Green was as he was doing the VA. The tones of other voice actors' work usually gives me the impression that they are just speaking their lines into an extremely expensive mic.

Prospero on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Invisible wrote: »

Based off this:

Save 1 ("Paragon"):

Save 2 ("Renegade"):

Hmmm... given that my 'perfect' file is going to be

• The decision to save either Kaidan or Ashley. Save Kaiden
    • Whether or not the player kills Wrex on Virmire. Save Wrex
    • Whether or not the player decides to save the Citadel Council at the end of Mass Effect. Save the Council
    • The player's choice of love interest. Ashley, but let her die
    • Whether the player spares or destroys the Rachni Queen at Peak 15. Spare the Queen
    • The player's treatment of Conrad Verner. Be nice and don't kill him
    • Whether or not the player completed the UNC: Asari Diplomacy sidequest. Complete the quest
    • Whether the player chose to allow the Alliance to conduct experiments on Nirali Bhatia's body. Let them experiment on the body.

That should give me a good range of events.
    All good except the Ashley fucking. If you're gonna fuck someone, make sure it's the blue alien, because it cancels out if you fuck a dead chick.

It's like a wasted choice that doesn't carry over.

Man, I be all street and shit.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit, talk about an A-list cast!

That Male Quarian is fucking awesome.

manwiththemachinegun on