As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam got me pregnant

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I loved RE5, and would argue that if you do it coop then it is indeed amazing

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Food wrote: »
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Er, yeah it's getting to the point where I have to scroll quite a ways to reach the bottom of my steam games list.

It's weird, but I almost covet my Steam game collection more than I would a collection of physical disks/CD cases...something about knowing I can delete/re-download any of them at any point, and yet they are all still visible under my "owned games" list.

Anyway...RE5? Yay or nay? Caveats being I am perfectly capable enjoying mediocre games...some of the games I enjoy most are the ~75 metacritic games I pick up on a whim, in fact. I was also a pretty huge fan of RE4.

I wouldn't even call resident evil 5 mediocre. It's just not amazing. I would play it.

That's sort of how it struck me, too, but for some reason RE5 seemed to encounter a lot of backlash.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    ok, Smart Hero is rad

he just gifted me L4D

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The first or the second?

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    well I didn't say L4D2 did I? I've already been playing L4D2.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I thought RE5 took itself too seriously. It didn't have to charm RE4 had.

Still a game worth playing, though.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    well I didn't say L4D2 did I? I've already been playing L4D2.

That's what I thought, but I was surprised that you didn't already own the first one.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Damnit, buying RE5...which I'll probably regret when money gets tight (not because 25$ is a huge hit to my bank, but because I have a feeling it's going to be far from the last game I buy this month).

All it took was for me to remember the weapon upgrade system that I loved in RE4. That kind of stuff seems pretty minor, but any sort of upgrade system for me is like a dangling carrot, covered in crack cocaine.

edit: Okay, nevermind. Apparently my money transfer to my checking hasn't gone through, even though I sent it in last night and do online banking.
    If this transfer doesn't go through by 5:00 p.m. or so today, I may be back here asking if anyone can gift it and I'll paypal them or something the next day. :\
    Fuck this shitty bank.
    The whole reason I did the transfer last night anyway was so I would be able to buy games via Steam today.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm in Australia, so I'm not seeing Ghostbusters being offered. AND Borderlands is on sale for $50 instead of $70. Hahahahauuuh

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bought resident evil 5 this morning

Weaver on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2009
    ghostbusters is the best game this year

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God damnit I would have been all over this if I hadn't been dicked around by valve so recently

"not giving valve any more of my money ever again" is definitely going to win against "ooh cheap stuff"

but it sucks :(

unintentional on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God damnit I would have been all over this if I hadn't been dicked around by valve so recently

"not giving valve any more of my money ever again" is definitely going to win against "ooh cheap stuff"

how have you been dicked around by valve? as far as i can tell (from my really unscientific "web survey" of average internet gamers) valve is one of the few upstanding game retailers left.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

how have you been dicked around by valve? as far as i can tell (from my really unscientific "web survey" of average internet gamers) valve is one of the few upstanding game retailers left.

clerical error on their end, them not listening to me, me getting locked out of my account for several weeks, them not apologizing afterwards

unintentional on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh god damn it why is Borderlands on sale when I have no access to plastic.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I wouldnt bother. I cant get anyone to play Borderlands even if I wanted to, and the replayability seems to have worn off fast.

Get it on a console if you want though.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It came out right before Dragon Age, MW2, and L4D2.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Okay what the fuck. Last night around 7 p.m. I transferred a bunch of money from my savings to my checking account for the holidays and general Steam awesomeness.

You'd think that at the very least that transfer would have gone through at ANY point today (Honestly you'd think it'd go through early in the morning).

Nope. Apparently it didn't transfer today, and tomorrow's Sunday, so lets hope to Christ I don't want any of the games on Sale tomorrow since the banks will be closed.

Screw this shitty bank and their amazing ability to make online banking inconvenient.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Drew did you really figure that someone at the bank would be putting the money into your checking account at 7 PM on a Friday? It's a BANK.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Drew did you really figure that someone at the bank would be putting the money into your checking account at 7 PM on a Friday? It's a BANK.

Nah duder. I figured somebody would put the money in my account at any point the entire day Saturday--a day they're open. :(

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Harumph.

If anyone would be kind enough to gift Left 4 Dead 1 to me while it's still $7.50 (Steam id = yeppokay or e-mail at drewbulman@gmail.com) I would be very appreciative.

I can mail a check or do paypal--whatever works.

edit: Thank you kindly!

...my collateral being...well...I've been posting here for over six years, now.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

clerical error on their end, them not listening to me, me getting locked out of my account for several weeks, them not apologizing afterwards

yeah my experience with/general impression of valve is that they make great video games, run a pretty great service (steam), and can be complete dicks to individual people on the customer support side

redhead on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    that does suck Drew
    I'm assuming you did a transfer either online or went to an ATM and transferred the funds between accounts in which case I would certainly expect them to be available immediately with my credit union or any other decent bank

if you filled out a form manually and put it in some drop box that could be a whole other ball of wax but I'm assuming that's not the case
    electronic transfers between accounts in the same back should be instant whether they're open or not

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You'd think so (I did the transfer online), but I won't put anything past this bank. It's an incredibly small privately owned bank, which has some pluses, believe me...but when it comes to professional promptness, they sometimes fall very flat.

This must have something to do with the holiday. Maybe they didn't even open on Saturday/today.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey, thanks a ton Stick guy!

I owe you a beer next time make it to the UK, amigo.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No need, I don't drink

Root beer, however

Why do they not sell it here

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    whoa what

no root beer?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    whoa what

no root beer?

Alas, I survive merely on D&B and Dr Pepper

I mean Dr Pepper is delicious but

It's just not the same

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    no root beer? at all?

shit like this is why everyone mocks the welsh!

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Nah duder. I figured somebody would put the money in my account at any point the entire day Saturday--a day they're open. :(

Banks are only open like a half-day on Sats, it's not really a day you can rely on stuff to happen

Time to be a grown up man and get a credit card

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    no root beer? at all?

shit like this is why everyone mocks the welsh!

Even the Welsh mock the Welsh

Although this may be because most of the Welsh are English

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Scooter wrote: »

Banks are only open like a half-day on Sats, it's not really a day you can rely on stuff to happen

Time to be a grown up man and get a credit card

After climbing out of debt a couple of years ago, I'm still pretty slow-going on getting a new card (debt is such a relative word...let's just say it was enough debt to make life uncomfortable, but not crazy debt like some 20-somethings seem to rack up). I suppose I should get on that. I'm fairly settled at this point (really I just worry about rent, a few bills here and there, and not much else--no massive purchases or anything), so my debit card has sufficed as of late.

And what's this about no root beer!? I love that stuff. Does it not appeal to most brits? I mean, I imagine that if it did, some entrepreneur would see to that problem quite quickly.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Man I hope these next batch of games are terrible.

Because this is killing meeee

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hey so i got borderlands on account of it being on sale

Pony on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I bought KOtoR, money well spent.

Blake T on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    it's really tough to make a counter-argument against buying a classic game for less than the cost of a big mac

Pony on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For all the things I have spent £1.50 on recently, KOTOR is easily the best value for money.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    New items are up.

Eve Online : $5
    Battlefield 2 Complete $15
    Lucidity $2.50
    Trackmania United Forever $20
    Prince of Persia $15
    World of Goo $5
    Guild Wars Trilogy $25