Options

Whining, Moaning, Bitching

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    today is the gayest work day, I want to go home and do my laundry

Okami on
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    This isn't really bitching but I'm pumped that I just wrapped up my 10 page analytical research paper (revision), which should probably turn out solid.

Holy shit, this is the same paper I have been writing this week.

Scrum on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    was feeling pretty depressed, but took like a 10 minute nap and am now pretty jazzed. yet if I take an hour or two nap, I'd wake up feeling like total dongs. sleep is weird.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    So I have this friend, lets call him dick.

Dick dated this girl, lets call her Shrew. Anyways, Dick dated Shrew for what felt like ever. Dick goes to school 3 hours away, so me an Dick don't really hang out all that often. When Dick was dating Shrew, the only time we would hang out was when Dick would come back to town to hang out with Shrew. This put quite a lot of stress on out friendship, all of Dick's friendships really, so we were all really happy when Dick stopped dating Shrew, who was insane and acted like a 15 year old girl.

Fast forward 2 months, Dick is still away at college for the most part, so still we don't really see him that much. He's come back into town twice in the last couple of months and he's already started doing what he was doing before. The first time he came back was to hang out with this new girl, the second time was for thanksgiving. Dude only calls to hang out with his old friends if the girl he's currently seeing can't hang out with him, or he tries to get us to tag along with him and her. He can't fucking ever hang out with just us unless he's got nothing else to do.

He was a good friend of mine but I know he's just going to continue doing the same shit over again with this new girl. I thought he understood how much of a jackass he was when he was dating the previous girl, but I guess he didn't.

Now I'm trying to find a way to broach this subject without him getting all defensive and stupid.

sounds like the real issue is he's moved on with his life for the most part and you're expecting him to act like you're all still in high school

how dare he have other friends and interests and a gf that he wants to spend time with

this is how it goes, pretty much everyone experiences this with friends they grew up with once they go off to college or move out of the area for a job
    that doesn't make him a jerk

edit: oh ok this has already been discussed in more detail, forget most of what I said there as you pretty much already get it

The first girl he dated her for 9 months, that's not exactly ditch your friends length. The second girl he's only known for 3 weeks max.

My issue is really that knowing how he basically left all his friends out to dry during his last relationship, do I really want to put any more effort into being his friend when he's already doing it again so soon in his new relationship? Or do I just say fuck it and stop talking to him?

A new relationship which I can't really see happening. She's 5 years older than him, which is a lot when you consider that they're at two very different stages in life, shes a teacher and he's still basically a bro.

He really hasn't moved on in terms of maturity or life. He's stuck at an almost fratboy level, not really as bad as a real fratboy, but he's still in that "Broham Dude lets get some brewskis and play beer pong" phase.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    He hasn't moved on with his life if he's still calling his old friends when he decides he's bored enough to warrant hanging out with them.

it's not an all or nothing proposition

I have a friend Mike that I've known for 30 years
    we hung out all the time in high school, we were tight

but over the years there have been marriages and moves for jobs and we just don't hang out as much as we used to because we've both broadened our horizons

but we're still friends and we still keep in touch and we still hang out occasionally
    and neither of us is all, "you bitch why don't you hang out with me more?"

But Dru, you and Mike don't hang out as a last resort do you? You will probably do your own thing and then think, I haven't seen Mike for a while, we should catch up. That's how friendships work. Filler on the other hand makes an effort to catch up and gets blown off and the only time he gets into contact with him is when his friend has been cancelled on by his girlfriend. He is the consolation prize of hanging out.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Veretittles, how is school?

About 6 and a half more months to go until graduation! Hopefully!

I am doing my animation art test at the same time this month as my Visual Effects class.

I have lab at 4am....Monday thru Friday.

It sucks just as much as you'd think.

Jesus.

Ahaha did I say 4AM?

I meant 5am

I have to get up at 4

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am immensely bored.

I feel like playing something FPSish.

My only computing system is this Eee.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Get borderlands, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Eee.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Eee.

Don't worry DE?AD it's not that scary!

(also have you stopped being Sad yet, because these lands are nowhere near RAD enough right now)

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    He hasn't moved on with his life if he's still calling his old friends when he decides he's bored enough to warrant hanging out with them.

but over the years there have been marriages and moves for jobs and we just don't hang out as much as we used to because we've both broadened our horizons

but we're still friends and we still keep in touch and we still hang out occasionally

But Dru, you and Mike don't hang out as a last resort do you? You will probably do your own thing and then think, I haven't seen Mike for a while, we should catch up. That's how friendships work. Filler on the other hand makes an effort to catch up and gets blown off and the only time he gets into contact with him is when his friend has been cancelled on by his girlfriend. He is the consolation prize of hanging out.

I guess what I'm saying is that rather than getting mad at his friend, just stop hanging out with him and move on since he's not that invested in the friendship. I don't see what he accomplishes getting upset about it and pondering what to do and complaining. He should just tell him he's busy next time the dude wants to hang and move on. It's not really any of his business how serious his friend's relationship is or isn't. That's his friend's business.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    (also have you stopped being Sad yet, because these lands are nowhere near RAD enough right now)

There are very specific conditions which must be met before I stop being sad, I'm afraid.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Condition 1: Find happiness.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

This is awesome.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Comcast's new site is retarded and I had to call in to pay my internet bill.

Not that big a deal but man it is just retarded.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    And now they own NBC.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't even think of my friend who always forgets that we're hanging out as a jerk

just really forgetful and bad with managing time (which is probably why I get most annoyed when he doesn't show, since I'm super anal about time)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    my internet has been sucking ass more than usual lately and I'm hoping it's because they've been focusing on building out their wimax that just went live in Seattle (I'm on wireless broadband, I have my reasons)

hopefully once the replacement modem arrives and I'm on wimax it'll make my connection more reliable

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My internet is good for the most part, but occasionally it'll be disconnected for no reason

that might just be my laptop, though

Moriveth on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That Paul Anka cover is great.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My internet is free a lot of the time.

Thanks, budget inn!

pillow on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The people who live right next to me in my dorm are watching some sports game with the volume turned waaaay up and they're always hooting and 'woo'ing and it's making me want to go in there and break their TV.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    faggot

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My father & I just got into a huge argument about how the U.S. Amy enlisted command structure operates when his experience was as senior enlisted dealing with folk too afraid of reprisal to utilize the sections afforded them by regulation, when I was junior enlisted and had full knowledge of the regulations of command structure because I often became some manner of chess-piece between higher enlisted & officers.

Weaver on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    faggot

yeah, they're a bunch of cockgobblers alright

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    AIN'T NO REST FOR THE WICKED

MONEY DON'T GROW ON TREES

Skull Man on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »

I GOT BILLS TO PAY

I GOT MOUTHS TO FEED

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Please, somebody tell me never to get into political arguments on the internet. Ever. It makes me so blue.

Arguing with crazies just wears me out. This one guy. Literally thinks America is uniquely less evil than any other country because "America has generally accepted the redemptive acts of God." That's my cue to exit.

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    WHO CARES ABOUT EVIL

WHO ARE YOU EMMANUEL KANT?

Skull Man on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    celandine wrote: »
    Please, somebody tell me never to get into political arguments on the internet. Ever. It makes me so blue.

Arguing with crazies just wears me out. This one guy. Literally thinks America is uniquely less evil than any other country because "America has generally accepted the redemptive acts of God." That's my cue to exit.

did you reply with "Jesus Christ" before you left?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WHO CARES ABOUT EVIL

idgi

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Bears And WingsBears And Wings Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »

I GOT BILLS TO PAY

I GOT MOUTHS TO FEED

I got things to see

People to do

Bears And Wings on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WHO CARES ABOUT EVIL

Manny's a good friend of mine.

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »

I GOT BILLS TO PAY

I GOT MOUTHS TO FEED

THERE AIN'T NOTHIN IN THIS WORLD FOR FREEEE

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

lame...women need constant attention...you may not have seen your bro is 10 years and after 5 minutes it's like old pals again

Bears And Wings on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    lol wimmin

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hate my fucking family. My older half sister and younger sister are in their 3rd trimester and both are going to school and working part-time because they just bought homes. We're sorting out my father's estate still and it's been tough but doable. My father's sister is fucking white trash. She and her husband never work, their 2 grown children who live with them (and each have a kid, one has a second on the way and his first isn't one) don't work, and their 2 teenage children don't work. They live off unemployment and welfare and any hand out they can get. They're constantly in the threat of foreclosure and can work they just choose not to. My grandparents gave them money pretty much forever to keep them and the kids from getting tossed on the street.

My grandmother moved in with them after my grandfather passed and they took her for every cent she had until my dad pulled her out. She passed away from a heart attack a year ago and left everything to my dad, which was just enough to cover her cremation and bills. My father died suddenly of cancer in May and he left my sisters and I some money, not a lot but enough to help us with student loans and a down payment for a home.

Today my older half sister in CA gets a call from my cousin and the deadbeat Aunt. They talk for a few minutes about her pregnancy and then launch into an attack on how they need money, they're going to lose the house, my aunt is owed money from my grandmothers estate and she needs it, that my grandmother had an account with $80k that was meant for my aunt, etc. She then goes on about how we got money and trying to find out how much and makes a comment about how when my grandpa died (in '98) she got screwed out of money because my mom and dad used it buy our house in South Jersey (bought before he died by about 5 months, paid for by my dad who had a good job and worked hard something they don't know the meaning of) and that she didn't want to get screwed again.

TLDR: My white trash, money grubbing, welfare loving aunt and her useless clan are harassing my pregnant sisters for money and accusing us of hiding money they feel should be theirs, when even if it existed it wouldn't be. Including personal items they are telling us they want to pawn for cash.

hugs dear
    that really sucks

i can definitely relate about passive-aggressive stuff in regards to family loans and stuff. The term "for love or money" explains about half of life's mysteries

Bears And Wings on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MAYBE FILLER IS JUST SHIT TO HANG OUT WITH

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So I have this friend, lets call him dick.

Dick dated this girl, lets call her Shrew. Anyways, Dick dated Shrew for what felt like ever. Dick goes to school 3 hours away, so me an Dick don't really hang out all that often. When Dick was dating Shrew, the only time we would hang out was when Dick would come back to town to hang out with Shrew. This put quite a lot of stress on out friendship, all of Dick's friendships really, so we were all really happy when Dick stopped dating Shrew, who was insane and acted like a 15 year old girl.

Fast forward 2 months, Dick is still away at college for the most part, so still we don't really see him that much. He's come back into town twice in the last couple of months and he's already started doing what he was doing before. The first time he came back was to hang out with this new girl, the second time was for thanksgiving. Dude only calls to hang out with his old friends if the girl he's currently seeing can't hang out with him, or he tries to get us to tag along with him and her. He can't fucking ever hang out with just us unless he's got nothing else to do.

He was a good friend of mine but I know he's just going to continue doing the same shit over again with this new girl. I thought he understood how much of a jackass he was when he was dating the previous girl, but I guess he didn't.

Now I'm trying to find a way to broach this subject without him getting all defensive and stupid.

sounds like the real issue is he's moved on with his life for the most part and you're expecting him to act like you're all still in high school

how dare he have other friends and interests and a gf that he wants to spend time with

this is how it goes, pretty much everyone experiences this with friends they grew up with once they go off to college or move out of the area for a job
    that doesn't make him a jerk

edit: oh ok this has already been discussed in more detail, forget most of what I said there as you pretty much already get it

in like 10 years, when Dick is older. he'll be sorry and realize the huge mistake that he made

Bears And Wings on
This discussion has been closed.