Options

Unlimited [chat]

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I made an origami peacock.

Really? Which pattern/paper did you use? :D

VH - shirt.woot ....?

Heh, my 6 year old sister's Zoogami book. It's pretty awesome actually.

Have you tried any geometric unit patterns yet? Some of the basic unit boxes (like this one from this book - one of my favorites) make pretty impressive gift boxes for cheap.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm not typically present, but the heated discussions that Lady GaGa generates in [chat], of which Inqi has informed me, sound pretty hilarious.

I mean, hilarious because I only have to hear about them, not experience them.

WALK WALK FASHION BABY WORK IT MOVE THAT BITCH CAH RAZY

If I make you a latex outfit with a Bart Simpson hairdo on top will ya wear it?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    there has been heated lady gaga discussion?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also, now I want to watch that movie (Hardware / M.A.R.K. 13)

that robot head he finds assembles the rest of it's body

shit goes down in the wasteland

but Amon tobin is great. anybody got similar artists? I'm really digging this style of music.

Check out Boards of Canada. Not as break-beaty but still awsome. Anything on Ninja Tunes really. Though it's been awhile since I've been that label. DJ Food is awesome too.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I should start dressing up as a girl and become a pop singer since looking at Lady Gaga, crossdressing singers seem to be in.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jesus wearing a wallet in your back pocket feels weird as hell.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's some crazy origami Passer. I'm gonna make a monkey first. Startin' slowly!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Mojo - For the sake of post conservation, I will post this here instead of in the cooking thread. Yeah, mine end up as 1" cookies, they don't start as 1" balls.

That makes sense. I quite like my colossus biscuits though.

I suppose I could make larger cookies (Biscuits? Bah, these are only baked once, and actually taste like something. :P), Dyr likes bigger ones.

VH - shirt.woot looks pretty cool. I'll have to show Dyr wine.woot.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This job looks like it will pay off something like 300% of what I originally thought. Fuck yes!

TL DR on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    there has been heated lady gaga discussion?

At least once, basically I was calling her an unimpressive attention whore for wearing an outfit made from kermit the frog puppets and Poldy was like 'she's a GENIUS LIKE PICASSO'.

Then she grew on me.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's a really good wireless router for 60 or less? Need something that can support 3 laptops and a PS3 as well as online gaming with the PS3 without causing that much lag between the machines. Rarely will all 4 machines be on at the same time, but it's possible.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also, now I want to watch that movie (Hardware / M.A.R.K. 13)

that robot head he finds assembles the rest of it's body

shit goes down in the wasteland

but Amon tobin is great. anybody got similar artists? I'm really digging this style of music.

Check out Boards of Canada. Not as break-beaty but still awsome. Anything on Ninja Tunes really. Though it's been awhile since I've been that label. DJ Food is awesome too.

Boards of Canada already sits in my playlists.

Listening to DJ Food now

sounds more drum & bassy

I like

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius - I see your Amon Tobin video, and raise you...
    TRIPLE SCIENCE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13HM-bmKW2U&feature=related

this mix is better

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This job looks like it will pay off something like 300% of what I originally thought. Fuck yes!

Smuggling cocaine isn't really a "job" tim.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    does anyone want to recommend some books to me? I'm going to try and hit a book a week this coming year. I've never liked new year's resolutions but I'm changing up a lot of shit in a positive direction (or at least that's my goal) and it's so close I might as well shape it around that. also gonna do a movie watching thing, and some more personal stuff that I'll only share should it be successful.

so, books! movies I have a list that I won't conquer even if I should surpass my goals.

here are some ones from my publishing house I liked. algonquin books are most of the books i've read lately since I can just nab em for free

A Reliable Wife
    Rock On (basically a guy's experiences in the record industry post golden age of rock)
    Water for Elephants (bit of a fluff book but fun)
    The Ressurectionist
    The End of the World as We Know (this is an absolutely devastating memoir. not a fun or light read by any means but he's an entertaining writer)
    An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mojo - For the sake of post conservation, I will post this here instead of in the cooking thread. Yeah, mine end up as 1" cookies, they don't start as 1" balls.

That makes sense. I quite like my colossus biscuits though.

I suppose I could make larger cookies (Biscuits? Bah, these are only baked once, and actually taste like something. :P),

A cookie is just a type of biscuit! And these are clearly biscuits.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    how does he even fit in there?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any of you guys know of some nice really slim wallets?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Other shirt.woot shirts I have:

Grim Optimism
    Rain Dance
    Flora and Phonograph
    I Just Can't Reach You

Still looking for the others.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bama wrote: »

I've got a fat ass.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My cousin's side project thing is pretty good music as well.
    Symbion Project

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's some crazy origami Passer. I'm gonna make a monkey first. Startin' slowly!

The basic boxes are actually pretty easy. They might be slightly more advanced than a kid's book monkey, but they're still easily within beginner range.

I'd also recommend this book, it's another favorite and takes you step by step from beginner patterns through to advanced.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It's just not where you should be putting your wallet.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Abdhyius - I see your Amon Tobin video, and raise you...
    TRIPLE SCIENCE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13HM-bmKW2U&feature=related

this mix is better

that's an awesome video

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I didn't like the new artist for erfworld at first but she's really grown on me

megalogwiffs! I know what my new AV is going to be when I'm back on the outside

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

But it looks really bad in the front on these pants. It makes for a huge unsightly bulge.

Though I guess it does the same in the backpocket I just can't see it in the mirror.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Apparently Rachel Stevens won't let me in her backdoor.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

But it looks really bad in the front on these pants. It makes for a huge unsightly bulge.

Though I guess it does the same in the backpocket I just can't see it in the mirror.

Backpocket gives you a weird arse, invites thieves and makes it uncomfortable to sit down.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The basic boxes are actually pretty easy. They might be slightly more advanced than a kid's book monkey, but they're still easily within beginner range.

I'd also recommend this book, it's another favorite and takes you step by step from beginner patterns through to advanced.

Someone taught me how to make a crane in a bar a while back. That book looks pretty cool though. Making boxes out of paper is pretty fantastical.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I've got a fat ass.
    wouldn't that make it more difficult?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Hah. Bama, you deserve an ice cream. <3
    A cookie is just a type of biscuit! And these are clearly biscuits.

Biscuit means 'twice baked'. Literally, that is it's meaning. Thus, a cookie cannot be a biscuit. This also means that a traditional biscotti is also not a cookie.

The only conclusion we can draw here is that Brits are insane and should not be trusted. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm I really wish I had a good pc to play Pirates of the burning sea back when I first got it so I could be playing with everyone.

The serves don't have much of a population it seems but at least I am getting double exp playing as the French! Though I would think having a nice population size would be important to game like Pirates, it be nice to see them adopt the same sort of strategy D&D online did.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Backpocket gives you a weird arse, invites thieves and makes it uncomfortable to sit down.

Well I guess no wallet is the solution until I get a thinner wallet for these pants.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Smuggling cocaine isn't really a "job" tim.

No, it's more of a hobby. Now, when you take $250 to smuggle half a brick in your ass from a small town in Bolivia to my headquarters in LA, that's a job.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    that's right folks, inky's ass makes it hard

Bama on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ah, here we go:

Harvest Traditions
    Saw A Ghost

I feel like I'm missing some. I guess because I didn't actually link the two that are still on the Reckoning list.

Oh I just purchased this one a couple days ago. Adorable!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm I really wish I had a good pc to play Pirates of the burning sea back when I first got it so I could be playing with everyone.

The serves don't have much of a population it seems but at least I am getting double exp playing as the French! Though I would think having a nice population size would be important to game like Pirates, it be nice to see them adopt the same sort of strategy D&D online did.
    I thought they were shutting that game down...?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I keep my wallet in my back pocket. In all my jeans it kinda shifts to the side so that I'm not really sitting on it. But that is' because I've got an ass you can bounce a quarter off of.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I didn't like the new artist for erfworld at first but she's really grown on me

megalogwiffs! I know what my new AV is going to be when I'm back on the outside

I had a feeling they'd changed

it (the art) is not as good as it was. But whatever, I'm still enjoying it alot.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I should go help my dad put chains on his tractor. But it's lke 17 degrees outside. Euggh.

firewaterword on
This discussion has been closed.