As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rumour on!] Kingdom Hearts Wii! more inside!

LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
source
cubed3 wrote:
A selection of rumours have appeared over in Japan on the 2ch forums that are just too juicy to ignore. So get ready to take them all with a hefty pinch of salt and read on below:

# From Software is currently working on a first-person action RPG for Nintendo's Wii that will be in the vein of Kings Field;

# Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

# The age-old rumour of NiGHTS appearing on Wii has reared its head once again, making you wonder if this one will ever actually come true;

# Square Enix and Disney Interactive have agreed that the next iteration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise should appear on Nintendo consoles - something that would not be surprising given Disney's committment to Wii and Square Enix's strong relationship with Nintendo;

# Bandai Namco's Sword of Legendia for Wii is set to be the first game in a new spin-off from the 'Tales of' RPGs, the 'Sword of' series.

So which do you think are the most likely and which would you actually like to see come true?

Share your thoughts below and stay tuned to Cubed³ for further updates...

My thoughts -
Would a NiGHTS sequal live up to the origional? Indeed will that rumour ever die?
I missed out on Path of Radiance, so that would be fantastic.

LewieP on

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Never owned a Saturn, never ever played NiGHTS. All I remember is seeing pictures in magasines when I was a kid. I've heard nothing but praise for this game. I wish I had a way to play it.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Path of Radiance is an awesome game. While not quite as tactically intense and involved as Jagged Alliance 2 or the other pinnacles of the genre it's got great characters and is highly enjoyable. I hope this rumor is true as more people will be exposed to it.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dear From Software,

Make another Lost Kingdoms, please.

Love,
    SirToons.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I gotta say that, to me at least, NiGHTS into Dreams has always been one of the most over rated games of our time. I understand some people love it, but to me, when it was released it always seemed really hum drum. This was not helped by the fact that this was Sega's main weapon fired against Nintendo's Mario 64 workhorse, against which it could not compare.

Not to say a Wii version could not be a lot of fun. I just can't relate to the nostalgia some seem to share.

etoychest on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    # Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

Wait, this is kinda confusing. Two parts? Are they simply re-releasing PoR at the same time? Are they just including the GC disc with every Wii version sold? Are they updating the game to be Wii remote compatible (you can guarantee people would be able to play an included GC disk thanks to backwards compatibility, but they may not have a GC controller, leaving them screwed).

Just seems a little ambiguous and confusing to me, but hey, the more people exposed to PoR, the better.

I really should sit down and actually beat the sucker one day...

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Please let Kingdom Hearts be on Wii. D:

That would be excellent.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This better all be true or I'll be angry.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts on Wii would take away the main reason I would ever get a PS3.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    NaromNarom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would be ecstatic to see Kingdom Hearts on the Wii. It would be quite convenient.

Narom on
    <cursive>Narom</cursive>
  • Options
    ZedroZedro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Of all the Tales games, they chose to make a spin-off from Legendia? :?

Kingdom Hearts Wii sounds really interesting.

Zedro on
    sig.pl?Zedro
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zedro wrote:
    Of all the Tales games, they chose to make a spin-off from Legendia? :?
    Well, it is the one with the greatest amount of unexplored world map. :V

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Disney are committed to Wii?

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would hit this so hard.

Caswynben on
  • Options
    Flesh Into GearFlesh Into Gear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

Thats what I thought, and Square said they wanted to branch out more, so KH Wii wouldn't surprise me.

Flesh Into Gear on
    katamarisig4ee3f299bd4.png
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If this all comes true, then my liver is saved.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

I hope they're not reusing the Path of Radiance graphics engine. It's really the only thing that marred the game in my eyes. What's the point of awesome character design when your in-game characters are mediocre 3D blobs?

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I imagine any Path of Radiance remake on wii will be in a master quest style bonus disc.
    wikipedia says -
    # Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action — Buena Vista Games (O)
    # Disney's Meet The Robinsons — Buena Vista Games (O)
    # Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Buena Vista Games

LewieP on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts on Wii: True or False?

Gee. I hope we solve this mystery!

sorry. I had to.

Ludious on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If you think about it, Kingdom Hearts isn't all about super-psuedo-realism like the Final Fantasy series is. I doubt the Wii could handle the stuff that Square-Enix wants to do with FF, but with Kingdom Hearts they don't HAVE to get all "incredagraphics" on us. They just have to make the Disney properties faithful to the original source material. And I'm certain the Wii could handle that.

And with the Wii selling like gangbusters, and the PS3... well, not... Square-Enix is probably just wanting to sell the most copies they can.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SirToons wrote:
    Dear From Software,

Make another Another Century game with Banpresto, please.

Love,
    Everyone.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    etoychest wrote:
    I gotta say that, to me at least, NiGHTS into Dreams has always been one of the most over rated games of our time. I understand some people love it, but to me, when it was released it always seemed really hum drum. This was not helped by the fact that this was Sega's main weapon fired against Nintendo's Mario 64 workhorse, against which it could not compare.

Not to say a Wii version could not be a lot of fun. I just can't relate to the nostalgia some seem to share.

Agreed. Really, most of the game's power is that almost no one's played it. You take a game that's pretty good, or "solid," and make it hard to find, and it suddenly is one of the best games ever.

This process also happens to old games -- the harder an old game is to find, the better it seems to be. Mostly because people who replay them already drank the kool aid, and people who haven't don't seek the games out.

to wit: I'm old school, playing the original FF and DQ on NES. got the free DQ through NP and all that. But I couldn't get into the PS1/N64 generation; something about the graphics and control just repulsed me. I was used to 2d games and polygonal explosions controlled with weird controllers just didn't do it for me. I didn't really play anything until the GC was out for over a year, at which point the graphics and controls for 3d games were really solid. I've since gone back and tried to play Ocarina of Time and Mario 64, and just couldn't get into them. No attraction to play them, and I was far from wowed.

Anyway, I find one of the really interesting things about these rumors to be that the Wii is essentially getting set up to be a DS home console.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ludious wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts on Wii: True or False?

Gee. I hope we solve this mystery!

sorry. I had to.
    Get your hands off your hips.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i just bought path of radiance and am playing it on my wii. that said, i cant wait for a wii fire emblem.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why couldn't the Wii handle a canon, "numbered" Final Fantasy.

By and large Final Fantasy's "jaw dropping graphics" are pre-rendered cut scenes.

Ludious on
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ludious wrote:

By and large Final Fantasy's "jaw dropping graphics" are pre-rendered cut scenes.

Most of 12's "jaw dropping graphics" were in the character designs and environments. The cut scenes, outside of the opening, weren't anything special. 12 was definitely a welcome departure from the flash and glitz the series had settled into, but it looks like it will be heading back in that direction with 13.

So with some good artistic work I think the game would look fine on the Wii, but it would work just as well on any of the other systems and benefit from better graphics.

Kingdom Hearts would be an awesome Wii choice, since I think the controller could be put to better use.

As for the rest of the rumors, I could never get into King's Field at all, either on the PS1 or 2. The Fire Emblem rumor is cool I guess, but I've already got it on the cube.

NiGHTS would be awesome, since I enjoyed the first game and can see how it could translate to the Wii really well. Legendia is kinda disappointing cause, well, it's based on Legendia.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    We should probably keep in mind that they're saying a KH game could come to a Nintendo console, not neccesarily the Wii. It could be a game for the NDS (and after DQIX, is isn't that unlikely).

Although, if Disney wouldn't mind, maybe they could do a side-story game involving Riku's activities while Sora was asleep. Given the Nintendo cameos in some Square-Enix games, they could send Riku to the other side of the universe for some reason, and he would have to team up with numerous Nintendo characters to save it.

Of course, a Wii game based on the Keyblade War would also be cool.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Now, if there was a Kingdom Hearts game where the three got together...

Sora, Donald and Goofy not only go to Disney Worlds but... The Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Zebes, Corneria... Hey, maybe even Mobius, if Sega said yes.

And, fuck, let's put Sora into Smash Bros Brawl.

Oh, god. I need to stop. Stop thinking about it!

As for the rumour.. well, we'll see. KH would make sense and Square Enix <3 Nintendo right now. Disney has always been comitted to Nintendo, and I imagine even more-so now with Nintendo attracting the whole family more - just like a family used to sit down and watch a Disney movie in the good old days (before Disney themselves went to shit and relied on Pixar) So.. yeah. Can see it happening. I sure hope so. Similar control scheme to Twilight Princess would work.

If they do it, though, I want a re-release of the previous two games remade with Wii controls, though. Again, like Twilight Princess was from GC.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh Jesus.

My pants.

Anyone have a cigarette?

Sheep on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ludious wrote:

Yup, and they also excel in making awesome spell effects. Today I saw that DBZ game on the Wii. I was really impress at how beautiful the special abilities were. They had a certain glow and crispness that made them a treat for my eyes.
    Square could certainly pull off some amazing effects on the Wii. And FF12 looks good to me. They could make something even better looking on the Wii.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Flesh Into GearFlesh Into Gear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hate Sora.

I would love to beat the shit out of him in the new Smash Bros.

Him and his fucking clown shoes

Flesh Into Gear on
    katamarisig4ee3f299bd4.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SirToons wrote:
    Dear From Software,

Make another Otogi game please.

Love,
    Everyone.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    We should probably keep in mind that they're saying a KH game could come to a Nintendo console, not neccesarily the Wii. It could be a game for the NDS (and after DQIX, is isn't that unlikely).

I would say it's unlikely based on one thing: Nomura.

He said when he was making Chain of Memories that he'd never made a full title in any series on a handheld, because they supposedly "lack the power he needs to tell his story." He evidently wasn't even happy with COM in the end, seeing as he's gone and remade it in 3D.

Something like that. He's a bit of an asshole to me, really. He thinks he's Miyamoto or Sakaguchi or Kojima, but he's done nothing massively impressive.

EDIT: And oh, god, I've got to go and look at some KH Fansites at this rumour. They're full of Sony Fanboys and they must be exploding, even though it's totally unconfirmed.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    Vanilla CokeVanilla Coke Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Makes sense, they wouldn't achieve anywhere near the sales numbers of the previous games if they were to put it on PS3.

Vanilla Coke on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    EDIT: And oh, god, I've got to go and look at some KH Fansites at this rumour. They're full of Sony Fanboys and they must be exploding, even though it's totally unconfirmed.
    Always the best of part of rumors like this.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fireflash wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Yup, and they also excel in making awesome spell effects. Today I saw that DBZ game on the Wii. I was really impress at how beautiful the special abilities were. They had a certain glow and crispness that made them a treat for my eyes.
    Square could certainly pull off some amazing effects on the Wii. And FF12 looks good to me. They could make something even better looking on the Wii.
    Eh, FF12's in-game stuff can look really grainy. Give me something crisper and I'll be happy, though.

As awesome as this stuff would be, I'm kind of sad that I don't have much personal attachment to it. Not a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, never got much of a chance with Fire Emblem, played maybe a demo of Nights... I still hope this is true so that I can get more chance for exposure, though.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would put Sora in Brawl just to pit him against Snake.

Yes? Yes.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Though he COULD be in Brawl because of CoM, and they haven't released the complete fighter list yet.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    AndoCommando82AndoCommando82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mushroom Kingdom Hearts! With Pokemon Battle Revolution-style character customization and Mallo and Geno instead of Donald and Goofy. Would be just fantastic.

AndoCommando82 on
    SuicideisPainlessAvatar.jpg
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would really like to see some Square characters in the next brawl. Especially guest stars like Cloud and Sephiroth.

And Sonic...

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sleep wrote:
    Oh Jesus.

My pants.

Anyone have a cigarette?

no kidding, I need a towel

Reagan on