Options

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

• Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So team KCHS from last night: that snow came in enough so I can be a no lifer today and level up like crazy :D

CTC can suck it when we catch up in level! bahahahahah

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, I'm enjoying playing assault since no one in my team of friends plays it, but I'm not exactly sure I'm doing it right. I'm doing well in objective points, but I feel like I should be able to protect my medic better and it's too hard to track with the autocannon or grenade launcher.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Good times last night, guys. Don't know that I was particularly useful as the wild-card, but I had a blast anyway.

Hiro Protagonist on
    Steam ID: Kvetcha
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    I keep saying that they really should pay more attention when pilfering stuff from TF2.

I want a better UI that tells me the status of my robo gear other than the incredibly tiny health bars above the sentry icon in the action bar.

I also want to know when my stuff is actually under attack/destroyed.

This is the kind of stuff that makes TF2 polished.

Echo on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I keep saying that they really should pay more attention when pilfering stuff from TF2.

I want a better UI that tells me the status of my robo gear other than the incredibly tiny health bars above the sentry icon in the action bar.

I also want to know when my stuff is actually under attack/destroyed.

This is the kind of stuff that makes TF2 polished.
    I wish they had Quake 3 style hit sounds, it's really hard to keep track of which fucker you're hitting (if anyone) with the random weapon spread, latency and all the shiny flashy shit going on.

815165 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2010
    whats that UI thing thats right next to the radar

usually has a 10 or a 15 under it

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's the beacon. I have no idea what the number means. Beacons left in the mission?

Echo on
  • Options
    X5X5 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ProfMoriarty and Elimination,

flipping amazing games last night gentlemen. Such great teamwork and communication, that level where we roof hopped from a to b to a was just awesome.

Great to finally get in and play with some KCHS. I look forward to it much. Think I got like 3 1/2 levels playing with you guys last night.

Oh yea, and that last payload win we had, pushing back from the ramp to the last point, was so damn awesome.

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I played a PvP payload map with Elimination and two other guys last night. Its amazing when you get past the final checkpoint and everyone helps push the payload to the final node.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man. Two robos with complementing loadouts = awesome.

I had sensor, power station and rocket turret. Other guy had heal station, autocannon and lockdown drone.

My rocket turret covered the point, his autocannon and drone ganked any recons trying to take us out.

Saw my turret do 1700 damage per hit while repair-buffed, and thanks to the power station I can keep doing that for close to 30 seconds before I run out of energy.

Echo on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2010
    yeah, we had a robotics duo in AvA and it was just nasty how the defenders attention completely diverted to them while the rest of us snuck in through the back

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    I played a PvP payload map with Elimination and two other guys last night. Its amazing when you get past the final checkpoint and everyone helps push the payload to the final node.

Yea I remember that match CamCam, the 4 of us had a couple really good matches together.

Later on we also had some good games with -sola-scriptura and Nevaar. Really good times last night all in all.

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There's so much little stuff to fix in the UI. Why isn't the alliance upkeep on the alliance tab instead of via a slash command nobody knows about?

Ah well, tiny studio etc. I suppose they'll get around to it.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At the moment we have about 68k territory upkeep and 63k alliance upkeep.

Territory upkeep is paid per zone when the zone unlocks.

Echo on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wasn't around last night because of work + lost finale, but hot damn those are some good numbers

Will be around tonight probably organizing attack/defend for the late zones. If we could get 2+ strike teams again that would be amazing

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    At one point around 9:30pm CST we had 4 SF's running in the alliance. I was in the "ragtag" final group and we got absolutely rolled by CTC in our first outing, but their avg level on their SF was probably 20, they had several above 25 and one at 30. We regrouped and successfully defended a hex and then attacked and won a hex. Not bad for being the red headed step-team. It was a lot of fun all in all.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    X5 wrote: »

Yea I remember that match CamCam, the 4 of us had a couple really good matches together.

Later on we also had some good games with -sola-scriptura and Nevaar. Really good times last night all in all.

It was supremely awesome times, I'm looking forward to more. I haven't had that much fun in a multiplayer game in a long time. I only worry that future sessions of Global Agenda will fail to match up to that high quality experience.

Which is why the four of us must play together again soon!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Eff-eh wrote: »
    I am Garthor's silly goose.

To be fair, you did get more kills than me on most missions except for the one you made this bet on.
    There's so much little stuff to fix in the UI. Why isn't the alliance upkeep on the alliance tab instead of via a slash command nobody knows about?

Ah well, tiny studio etc. I suppose they'll get around to it.

To be fair, this is something they added in the last, like, week. A slash command is much easier to implement than a change to the UI.
    Man. Two robos with complementing loadouts = awesome.

I had sensor, power station and rocket turret. Other guy had heal station, autocannon and lockdown drone.

My rocket turret covered the point, his autocannon and drone ganked any recons trying to take us out.

Saw my turret do 1700 damage per hit while repair-buffed, and thanks to the power station I can keep doing that for close to 30 seconds before I run out of energy.

To be fair, you can keep it going forever, basically, if you just cut off the repairing for a second after the rocket hits. You only need to be boosting it when it explodes on a man, not as it's firing.

Garthor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so another noob question. While AvA is fun and all, I'm trying to get a sense of the bigger picture. What benefits do we gain from controlling territory? Information coming out of HiRez if fairly vague, they mention resources and factories and research labs but I'm having a hard time figuring out how that translates into benefits for us on the Alliance level, the Agency level and yes, the Individual Player. Can anyone provide a thumbnail of how that all works? Since most of the control mechanism for all of that seems to be with the leadership, none of it is visible to us peons that I can find, so I'm interested in how it all gets applied. If I'm going to be spending $14/month on this thing, I'd like to know what I'm spending it on.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    21 kills 41 assists, 70k healing.

Then later, 200k damage 80k heals.

Am I the best?

Are you poison spec medic or something? I get an average of about 8.6k healing a minute on most reasonably coordinated games as a heal spec. Dont ask me how this is possible, but this is what it tells me at end games.

You know what i'd like to see come out of the AvA too? Is to have our own personal base to hang out in, alliance only, with all our factories and such available and we can coordinate our AvA and PVP stuff and our groups from. I think that would be boss just so it at least shows more than some stars on a map that we are actually achieving something.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You'd think that by level 12 people would understand as early as the medsec PvE missions that standing still in front of 5 androids and delivering fire is going to end poorly for them, even if they have two medics healing them. Yet again and again, that's what I run across when healing these pug things. It's staggering how dumb people are, and how much they rely on the old standby of blaming the healer.

I mean, each android does about 300 dps in a medsec mission. I heal at a rate of 450 hps when using the biofeedback's alt fire -- which chews up 140 power pool in about 10 seconds, mind -- and apparently I'm supposed to heal through five androids or two helots or a barrage of Sentinel missiles...

Ugh.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    One pretty cool thing about GA is the access it gives you on their web portal for stats. Here's your medic, Elimination

And your heal rate is about 600/min higher than mine. :) I look forward to them expanding this to include AvA stuff.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    cooler266cooler266 Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    If I could get an invite to the PA agency, that would be great. Level 12 robotics and level 10 medic here.

Game name is Cooler and steam tag is cooler265.

cooler266 on
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Squid56 wrote: »
    One pretty cool thing about GA is the access it gives you on their web portal for stats. Here's your medic, Elimination

And your heal rate is about 600/min higher than mine. :) I look forward to them expanding this to include AvA stuff.

Shit, didn't realize the site had deeper stats. I want to look at a few of the CTC guys we went up against.

edit: You're about 600/min better than I am too, Elim, but I'm averaging a bit more damage while still being heal spec, so I blame my desire to poison.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    To be fair, you can keep it going forever, basically, if you just cut off the repairing for a second after the rocket hits. You only need to be boosting it when it explodes on a man, not as it's firing.

To be fair, that is what I'm doing. But I can keep it up for 30 seconds if some mans are shootin' mah turret and I need to repair it.

Echo on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so another noob question. While AvA is fun and all, I'm trying to get a sense of the bigger picture. What benefits do we gain from controlling territory? Information coming out of HiRez if fairly vague, they mention resources and factories and research labs but I'm having a hard time figuring out how that translates into benefits for us on the Alliance level, the Agency level and yes, the Individual Player. Can anyone provide a thumbnail of how that all works? Since most of the control mechanism for all of that seems to be with the leadership, none of it is visible to us peons that I can find, so I'm interested in how it all gets applied. If I'm going to be spending $14/month on this thing, I'd like to know what I'm spending it on.

Agencies gain resources, research blueprints and manufacture weapons for use in more AvA, using the three types of zones. That in itself doesn't add anything new to the game, you're capturing territory so you can buy things to be better at capturing territory.

The only external factor they have so far is that an agency (or maybe alliance, I forget which) that has abso-fuckinglutely dominated a zone by fulfilling certain objectives can claim victory over the entire zone. This is expected to take time measured in weeks or months. When you completely claim victory over a zone, you are rewarded with a bunch of unique weapons/armor/goodies and possibly have your agency/alliance name written into the lore/implemented as the name of a zone or mission map.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We could use some more officers in the agency - we have a strikeforce ready now, but we can't attack due to lack of officers to place bids.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Darkewolfe, that helps, although I think they'll probably have to find a bigger carrot if the rewards for AvA are as limited as you've described. I guess I have a month to see how it plays out to decide.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    ExarjadeExarjade Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I like that stats site! it shows I am not doing bad compared to other medics! Exarjade

Now I just need to get more free time to play GA more! :D

Exarjade on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolf where do you get the GA sig? Is it linked from the My Stats page?

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

It was supremely awesome times, I'm looking forward to more. I haven't had that much fun in a multiplayer game in a long time. I only worry that future sessions of Global Agenda will fail to match up to that high quality experience.

I believe I was in that group last night too? Bartlebe, the explosives/grenade assault?

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not to speak for Darkewolfe, but I believe it's from http://www.agendatags.com/. I've been trying to get mine started, but the "feed" has to be up, and it never is when I check the site.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I believe I was in that group last night too? Bartlebe, the explosives/grenade assault?

You are probably right about that particular match CamCam is mentioning, I show you in a match with elim and camcam. CamCam, elim, prof and I grouped up later in the evening, and we had a very similair payload experience, but it's possible it was even later and I'm confusing when and who was there.

Last night was my first night grouping with KCHS, but I look forward to many more, and Elimination, you rock on the healing.

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

You are probably right about that particular match CamCam is mentioning, I show you in a match with elim and camcam. CamCam, elim, prof and I grouped up later in the evening, and we had a very similair payload experience, but it's possible it was even later and I'm confusing when and who was there.

Last night was my first night grouping with KCHS, but I look forward to many more, and Elimination, you rock on the healing.
    I believe this was the match I was talking about. https://account.globalagendagame.com/GAregister/stats/missionstats.aspx?m=281290&c=21009

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    it is NOT fun to pug in this game

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited February 2010

That match was indeed glorious

X5 on
    TheX5.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    it is NOT fun to pug in this game
    I'd disagree, so far I'm seeing more reason for the initial purchase than I am the subscription.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://www.agendatags.com/

Feed is currently up if you want to try to get your sigs.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

That match was indeed glorious

Hell yes it was.

Also holy shit, mission stats!

EDIT: Oh man, my defense score. I love being a tank!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really wanted to like the assault, and it was ok at times, but I never felt like I was able to do anything them.

Now I'm trying out the medic and have to say, it's pretty awesome. I've had a few really good games where I have found an assault that isn't trying to snipe. Even if it's not an assault I'm healing things still seem to get done much easier than when I've tried the robo/assault.

Lordaen on
This discussion has been closed.