Options

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2010
    so are most of you medics using the second beam?

I don't know if I want to use it, nanite is so much more fun

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I stick with the Biofeedback, but haven't really given the others much of a shot in PvP. I did use beam that boosts damage by 10% for a couple PvE missions. Don't know how much it helped out or even if the people I was using it on noticed any kind of an increase in damage, but I think I'll stick with the Bio just so I can keep myself healed a little easier.

Lordaen on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    X5 wrote: »
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »

That match was indeed glorious

Hell yes it was.

Also holy shit, mission stats!

EDIT: Oh man, my defense score. I love being a tank!

Hey i made the top 5 as a medic, that makes me feel good.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lordaen wrote: »
    I stick with the Biofeedback, but haven't really given the others much of a shot in PvP. I did use beam that boosts damage by 10% for a couple PvE missions. Don't know how much it helped out or even if the people I was using it on noticed any kind of an increase in damage, but I think I'll stick with the Bio just so I can keep myself healed a little easier.

Yeah, Bio seems pretty much standard for pvp and ava. The nanite is ok in pve, but i still don't care for it myself. The boost beam can be pretty good in highsec but will just get you killed in pvp it seems.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yeah, Bio seems pretty much standard for pvp and ava. The nanite is ok in pve, but i still don't care for it myself. The boost beam can be pretty good in highsec but will just get you killed in pvp it seems.

Same here, i just stick with biofeedback. It's hard enough to survive in AVA as it is. Getting some healing kickback is pretty much a must.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Forming a strike group right NOW for Sovereign zone get online/vent

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man, that was some awesome AvA today. Had alot of fun!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Same here, i just stick with biofeedback. It's hard enough to survive in AVA as it is. Getting some healing kickback is pretty much a must.

Today I got 180k healing with the nanite gun in one of our AvA matches, and 150k healing in a public game. It can provide AoE healing in a major way, while allowing a medic to heal from longer, safer distances. It's biggest weak point is that it's HoT doesn't stack with other nanites. Still, I expect and advise that each AvA with three or more medics take at least one nanite user. It has serious potential. Using the traditional biofeedback after mastering the nanite just feels boring!

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I know the Minigun doesn't have Friendly Fire but does the Missile/Grenade launcher?

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I know the Minigun doesn't have Friendly Fire but does the Missile/Grenade launcher?

Nope. Trust me, our Assault tried last night, but no dice. We were doing PvP and had several leechers, couldn't find a way to kill them.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Now we're messing with the Goons.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How strong is the Goon presence in this game? I've seen plenty of them hanging out in town but I was unimpressed with the amount of territory they've been able to claim so far.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FormalhouteFormalhoute Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh no! if the goons cant be avoided at least make sure everyone brings the A game so maybe they'll think it would be good for us all to be on the same side win or lose. also make sure Afro keeps his hands out of his pants, we cant have that whole "issue" busting a fat drippy money-shot all over the broken, crying shame that might be our first encounter with them.

Edit: check the citadel map SSMan

Formalhoute on
  • Options
    WigzWigz Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There is no friendly fire. Though if you use grenades/rockets/explosives etc... you will hurt yourself if the explosion hits you. It does not hurt allies/teammates.

- Wigzz

Wigz on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh no! if the goons cant be avoided at least make sure everyone brings the A game so maybe they'll think it would be good for us all to be on the same side win or lose. also make sure Afro keeps his hands out of his pants, we cant have that whole "issue" busting a fat drippy money-shot all over the broken, crying shame that might be our first encounter with them.

Can't, I'm at work sadly. Will when I get home.

And if Afro ever gets out of line... well, I know where he lives and works.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Citadel opens in 1:30:00 hours and we need at least 3 strike teams for that. We're going to be allying with another alliance and hitting CTC's base in a mass attack so we need everyone we can get. If you want some AVA experience or lots of awesome fights, get online at that time!

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Can't, I'm at work sadly. Will when I get home.

And if Afro ever gets out of line... well, I know where he lives and works.

I'll save you the time: They're tearing up in Citadel.

Hiro Protagonist on
    Steam ID: Kvetcha
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Citadel opens in 1:30:00 hours and we need at least 3 strike teams for that. We're going to be allying with another alliance and hitting CTC's base in a mass attack so we need everyone we can get. If you want some AVA experience or lots of awesome fights, get online at that time!

Is that now?...Or in half an hour?

Elimination on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    X5 wrote: »
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »

That match was indeed glorious

Hell yes it was.

Also holy shit, mission stats!

EDIT: Oh man, my defense score. I love being a tank!

Hey i made the top 5 as a medic, that makes me feel good.

That's how I got such an excellent defense score. You don't take that much damage and only die 6 times without an ace healer along for the ride.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Citadel opens in 20minutes guys get online this is for all the cookies!!

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man, wish I could get on.

God damn work >.<

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Whew. Lots of fun was had tonight.

Dinged 21 on my robo, tried drone spec but I'm not sure if I like it.

Echo on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay I finally downloaded ME2 so I can start to re-download this today.

Never move your Steam folder, it causes all kinds of bullshit.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I just like the nanite because it doesn't leave a green target on you, and it also has a HOT component so you can easily spread the hugs around to everyone quickly.

It makes me a tad less durable, but I've taken the defense traits to try and balance that out, and plus I'm not as big of a target since I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you've got 3-4 medics in a round it can be beneficial to have one of them go nanite. Most everyone else should be biofeedback though. Nanite is good for spreading the love but absolute crap when you need concentrated healing.

At least, that's what I've taken from playing around with them.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can keep a dude up if they aren't being focus fired by 3+ people, which I think anyone would have a hard time with.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    To whoever the genius is that moved the HQ:

Don't do that.

It takes ONE FULL DAY to build, and you CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE HQ. So, we lost the HQ in Echelon where we had 20 or so territories (along with two +100% bonuses) in exchange for an HQ in some shithole we have three territories in.

Garthor on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is it really that important Garth?

Really?

One day in the spectrum of hundreds?

I will say this, and I preface it with I have no interest in leading or running anything in this game ever, I hardly have time to play much less lead.

It really pisses me off to see people refuse to participate in activities if they involve alliance members, even if those members aren't leading the group, and also berating fellow guild mates for what is actually pretty insignificant shit.

CTC is a loaded group with 20+ people who play numerous hours per day and many of them likely have more than one character so they can build the perfect group for whatever situation. We have maybe 6 people like that, maybe. Most of us are casual at best, so I don't see what can possibly be gained by bitching and people and calling them "useless" when going up against a group who is twice their level and built more or less perfectly.

And as for refusing to play in a group if it has inter-alliance members, grow the fuck up. The people on this forum were not plucked from some mystical tree, I've been here long enough and played enough games to know that, and I count myself under this banner. The primary difference between people who post on this board and other people is that they can spell, and they are generally decent human beings with cool heads. Refusing to play with other people and potentially putting a stick in the spokes of our AvA efforts as a result is not exemplary of the latter quality.

Maybe instead of throwing a hissy fit, volunteer to lead a strike team instead so you can hand pick people from the alliance and do something productive instead of sitting on the sidelines and kicking sand

But I don't see what complaining and boycotting are ever going to do to help us. If we need loudmouths and warm bodies, we can hit Local any time we want for fodder.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I could see bitching about the headquarters, since that's just a pointless waste.

But people are actually refusing to group with other people from the alliance. Shame guys, shame. I've played with some of them, they are alright dudes.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So first AvA today and vent refused to work.

At least the second game we fought a group with no medics.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's really helpful to have even more options for PvP/PVE/AvA, I don't know why you wouldn't want to use that to your advantage.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I did some with Godswrath yesterday and they will pretty cool dudes. I have no complaints.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyway, regarding HQs: it might be worth it for each agency to take one zone entirely. Have them be the leader of any strikeforces there, even if someone else is actually LEADING it. Just get everything into the hands of one agency so the alliance as a whole only needs one HQ there, which should get us more goodies in the long run.

Would require a bit more work regarding coordination and whatnot, though.

Garthor on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Okay I finally downloaded ME2 so I can start to re-download this today.

Never move your Steam folder, it causes all kinds of bullshit.

theres a trick to it

I think it's start the download, pause it, copy over the data files.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great stuff today guys. Didn't quite get the turn out we needed for the CTC stomping, and we got stomped in return, but were still able to take numerous hexes in all the zones I played in (Echelon, Sovereign, Citadel). Keep up the work!

Also, if any officer is around for the opening of Echelon tomorrow, can you queue up one of the factories to make a vindicator siege? We have the BPs and resource requirements to make one or two and they're great for offense and defense.

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So how is the game so far? I'm looking at getting into this

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think most have had a lot of fun. I know I've been having a blast.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What level should I shoot for before engaging in AVA?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    To whoever the genius is that moved the HQ:

Don't do that.

It takes ONE FULL DAY to build, and you CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE HQ. So, we lost the HQ in Echelon where we had 20 or so territories (along with two +100% bonuses) in exchange for an HQ in some shithole we have three territories in.

I know some of you are saying this is insignificant, but if you say that you must not know what the HQ does exactly. Especially since we spent the better part of a day setting Echelon up for our HQ, and then some wank comes along and switches it onto a map that nobody cares about and we have 3 territories in, WITHOUT telling or asking anyone "Hey guys why is our HQ in Echelon?" or, i dunno, taking the time to look at the map and figure it out for themselves.

I mean whats done is done, but its seriously annoying when someone comes along and does something profoundly retarded without consulting anyone before doing so.

On another note i dont have a problem at all grouping with the majority of our alliance, i mean thats what they are there for aren't they? To help us out? Especially GodsWrath, they've been great so far. Though on the flip side i fail to understand why we are allied with an Agency that carries 9 members who aren't all that active, and why those 9 dont just absorb into one of the other agencies instead of taking an ally spot for pretty much no reason.

I also have an issue with that Turtle guy. He's can be really annoying. He told me to go fuck myself today because i asked him why he signed a non aggression treaty when we had like 3 active strike teams going that wanted to take said agency's land. He said it was because nobody was on to defend, which wasn't true. He can't just go make decisions like that for our whole alliance, especially when our Agency has more members than all the other Agencies in the alliance combined. Especially when he starts to be a dick about it instead of being mature and maybe going "Ooops sorry guys" or admitting he messed up or, you know, not telling me to go fuck myself like a 12 year old kid. At least i didn't continue the conversation after he started resorting to petty name calling.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    What level should I shoot for before engaging in AVA?

I've had no trouble being a useful dude and I was an 11 robo. Medics and assaults are generally in higher demand, though.

Thor1590 on
This discussion has been closed.