As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Errrm, he durability on upgrades is silly. I barely get enough of these rusty plates to make any pieces of armor.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought you can repair them. i remember in beta they said they would add a repair vendor.

I agree, the durability makes it almost impossible to maintain a full set.

You'd have to PVE basically all day for several days to get ahead of the curve.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've decided that my true calling in this game is to go to extreme lengths to enact a short sighted, overly complicated plan with little chance of any tangible benefit on the off chance there might be one person in the entire game it could bamboozle.
    I want to start an agency where everyone's name is some variation of Wallace like WaLlAcE, Wahlass, WWAAllaaCCEE, etc. just to fuck with coordinated teams in AvA that try and call out targets for focus fire.

"Hey Kill Wallace next! He's almost dead!"
    "Which Wallace?!?!"
    "The Medic healing the assault!"---"NOOO!! The other medic healing the assault!"
    "Fuck you Team Leader! I can't tell wtf you are talking about over the Mic!"

I would call this amazing group something like I'm With Wallace, Whutchoo Talkin Bout Wallace?, Children With Cancer And A Meth Habit, Wallace And The Distracting External Uterus, or Guys Named Ted

As someone who is a real life Wallace, I approve wholeheartedly of this idea! :D

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    KCHS dominance: https://account.globalagendagame.com/GAregister/account/stats/missionstats.aspx?m=570818

Led every non-medic stat, and had we had a medic, we probably would have lead those too. :P

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Eff-ehEff-eh Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Here's the game plan. Have fun, level up, AvA when you want to, and let's see how we do without an alliance for a while. Note that by "how we do" I mean how we do in individual ava matches, it's mathematically impossible to achieve success on the hex map with the amount of actives we have - and I don't really care. I've always been of the mind to AvA for the enjoyment of AvA. To do it for resources seems circular, as the resources only enable you to AvA more. And to actually win the hex map, you need a hell of a lot more people than we have here, and it's more a measure of numbers than skill (not that skill doesn't matter a lot).

Godswrath dropped out of the alliance because it was clearly not working out. I think everybody can agree on that. Regardless of whose fault it was, it was a good decision for both of us.

And taxes are back down to pi. Rejoice. I told you it was temporary.

Eff-eh on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We should take and hold one hex, and sell it off to someone for big piles of money. Merc style.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FA, that sounds like a great idea to me. Playing to have fun beats serious business and epeen comparisons all day long.

zilo on
  • Options
    FormalhouteFormalhoute Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hey Effeh where did you read the news about how/when they were gonna revert to the pre-launch method of PvP match up and add the 10v10 PvP?

Formalhoute on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Origami told me about it. He reads the forums all day so I don't have to!
    Origami: OK OK
    Origami: Here's the super lowdown
    Origami: We currently plan on a relatively fast cleanup patch before the end of the month and a content update next month.

The cleanup patch will have a bunch of fixes and some new functionality including (fixes to auction house, upgrade repairs, PvP Q selection, friends list)

The content patch will have new AvA maps and game type, New more open PvE type area, 10v10 Q, more open shops.

Eff-eh on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, heres the deal. To make blue(rare) level crafting stuff, you need to grind up to 100 crafting. To do that, you need 1700 rusty scraps and 400 rusty plates. Now, we can each level up our own crafting stuff, sure. That will only take weeks of crafting to get to epic implants. Or, pooling our resources, we can have one(two, since armor and weapons are different skills) person get there to make epic level crafting much faster.

Enders is leveling up armor implants, I'm (Mandalorian, in game) leveling up weapon implants. If you want to help out, you can mail us your rusty stuff and we'll make an implant out of it (17 scraps, 4 plates per piece). Specify which slot you'd prefer and we'll mail it back.

Admittedly, not a great deal right now since you can do that yourself. However, later on, this means you'll be able to send us epic-level gear and we'll craft it for you too.

EDIT: fixed the number of scraps, I was off.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't like the idea of 10v10 queue.. :/

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of 10v10 queue.. :/

It's not 10vpub. It's 10v10.

Eff-eh on
  • Options
    FormalhouteFormalhoute Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    how can you not like the idea of a 10v10 queue? it's like AvA but without the complications, its PvP without the random numbnuts mucking about.

Formalhoute on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Speaking of random numbnuts, I hit level 17, and now I can't seem to get onto a winning team, and I keep only getting 700-900 xp a game, kinda kills my want to play.

Glad to see 10v10queues, hope that isn't a subscriber feature.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can see 10v10 for some game modes.

I think it would be horrible for CTR and Capture the Point. Mostly since those modes are already lame.

It would be incredible for Payload and Scramble, but only with extended time.

5 minutes is not enough on a Payload against an organized defense. You'd need to give them a death of a thousand cuts.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have a couple of buddies in TE, and the topic of an alliance came up, they're an EU group. They pretty much own Echelon and thought the idea of US group being arond would be nifty. Just thought i'd throw it out there.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i need to play this more, i got like 4 new ps3 games, this and mortal online to play, its sooooo much D:

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    For anyone interested: it takes roughly 40 hours of play to get to level 30. Which is the last level that actually matters.

Now thats checking a couple people's time played who were involved in conquest and the other modes. If you were to strictly do PvE with a well balanced group, you'd probably shave a couple hours off that.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    EmagogEmagog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Could any aussies tell me how the lag is with this game? Or are there any other problems?

Emagog on
  • Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The lag is suprisingly good most of the time. That said, you won't want to be melee focused.

Hitting ranged targets is usually fine as long as you lead slightly. It can be frustrating that shots seem to miss, but as the lag is pretty consistent once you get the leading down pat it's really quite ok. For PvE it doesn't really matter, since the mobs are mostly static.

Fantastication2 on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've been really impressed with how well the game has handled the latency playing on the North American AvA servers from Europe.

edit: I think 10v10 queues would be enough to make me subscribe to this (breaking my one MMO sub at a time rule). I'd have to stay up to five in the morning every day to really AvA with you beautiful jerkholes but being able to play an agency vs agency scramble in the evening would be really fun.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looking to see what I can get away with on my recon skill wise. How is the stealth protection skill(-dmg while stealthed)?

Thinking of using this;
    http://serv.hexagenda.com/skills/recon.html#007er583
    4 Sniper Rifle (Does the anti healing sniper rifle affect robotics repairs?)
    4 Cloak
    3 Trip Mine
    3 Poison Mine
    1 Decoy

Mostly plan on using trip mines to harass and kill people, and the melee and sniping to take out robotics gear or skirmish people to make them paranoid(This works surprisingly well, as they then spend the next 10 seconds trying to figure out where I am, and will often get picked off by a real combat class).
    The offhand recharge skills don't seem that useful, as they only take off about a second on the tripmines(from 6s to 5s).

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In beta mines were pretty crap for getting kills since they don't arm when people are around. They're not like bombs where you can chuck them into a group and rack up damage. In all the time I played in beta I don't think I died to a mine once. Died to bombs a whole bunch of times though.

Mines are great for guarding your beacon though, not just sniper nests.

zilo on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, I picked this up yesterday, level 12 Medic, yay!

The tutorial, while informing me how to move my guy, seems to really dump you off in town. How does one get in on the Conquest maps? Is it a level thing, as it is greyed out for me currently.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    Galf0rgheedGalf0rgheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The first agency I joined "Shoot2kill" had similar problems with AvA. They field two or three Strike Forces with 100+ total members. Overall I think a good alliance needs both types of players, since you seem to make the most money from pvp/pve. s2k is a guild-convert from Cyberstrike, and after the first few days of land-grab-turned-defense, they decided to hold off on AvA while their members leveled up a bit more, which was why I sought the PA Agency in game. If you decide to get back into AvA more heavily I would like to recommend them as a good ally.
    I hit level 27 Saturday and took a day off, but I have noticed that some of these hard-core AvA groups are bringing their 35+ heavy-hitters and can make even a defense pretty difficult.

Galf0rgheed on
    GlobalAgenda: DeadDave
    RL: AliveDave...or just Dave
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Question (I don't have the game yet, but considering): I see there's a 50% tax for the PA guild. I assume as you fight and kill shit you get money. What would I be missing out on if I decided to throw a bone to the PA guild? i.e. what do you buy with in-game money? Is it weapon/armor upgrades that actually do something or is it just skin mods?

GungHo on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    GungHo wrote: »
    Question (I don't have the game yet, but considering): I see there's a 50% tax for the PA guild. I assume as you fight and kill shit you get money. What would I be missing out on if I decided to throw a bone to the PA guild? i.e. what do you buy with in-game money? Is it weapon/armor upgrades that actually do something or is it just skin mods?

It's 3.14% now. Effeh dropped it down after the alliance disintegrated. That said, money's not terribly important, I think. It's used for things like dyes and armor (which is cosmetic) -- the only really weighty thing credits go into is AvA, mostly. I do see players buying crafting materials on trade, so there's that too; crafting materials do have a game impact.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah crafting is about the only thing you can 'buy' that improves you character. The 'armor' (skins) have no effect and I'm hoping they plan to change that. Why else would the skins have level requirements?

Galf0rgheed on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To keep the "cool" armors as a badge of honor?

Neurotika on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, I picked this up yesterday, level 12 Medic, yay!

The tutorial, while informing me how to move my guy, seems to really dump you off in town. How does one get in on the Conquest maps? Is it a level thing, as it is greyed out for me currently.
    The conquest maps are only open at certain times, you access them from the big computers in the middle of the dome.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    protip: you can access any of them AvA, PVE, or PVP; with the "M" key shortcut - from anywhere in the Dome.

Galf0rgheed on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    so lemme see if i got this right.

run the pve scenarios ad nauseum
    run the pvp scenarios ad nauseum

win the game?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »

win the game?

Couldn't that be said for any MMO ever.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    zilo wrote: »
    In beta mines were pretty crap for getting kills since they don't arm when people are around. They're not like bombs where you can chuck them into a group and rack up damage. In all the time I played in beta I don't think I died to a mine once. Died to bombs a whole bunch of times though.

Mines are great for guarding your beacon though, not just sniper nests.

They work fine for killing people, you just can't throw them directly on top of the person, you need to throw it 10 feet behind them or so, then wait/get them to run over it. They do 1000 dmg a hit currently, in a pretty large AoE. If I place them right I can get a group of people to trigger two at once and everyone gets hit by both.

I have won a lot of games for our team by taking out 3-4 people at once in payload/capture points missions.

They can also be used decently in capture the robot, the throw the mass of medics around, and robots never see them.

Morkath on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Is there a list of all the gear available in AvA somewhere?

Those EMP generators are pretty nasty. They shut off all turrets in the radius - and they have a pretty big radius. An EMP generator inside the first building on Mine 1 shuts stuff down on the roof.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mines just require smart placement. It's all about sight lines and predicting enemy behavior.

They are certainly no replacement for grenades and bombs though in skirmishes.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »

win the game?

You forgot "Buy the prettiest princess armor and dyes."

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Mines just require smart placement. It's all about sight lines and predicting enemy behavior.

They are certainly no replacement for grenades and bombs though in skirmishes.

Yeah, this.

Mines are a force multiplier, they distract the enemy or damage them when they get careless.

Personally I always have bad luck with my grenades/bombs, everyone is always paying too much attention to get them with them.

Decoy, I am suprised decoy is still as effective as it is. Testament to people's stupidity.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Odd, I have literally never gotten hit with that mine tactic before. Maybe it's because I don't make a habit of running around backwards.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How does decoy work in PvP? Summons a Recon that attacks for no damage?

Neurotika on
This discussion has been closed.