Options

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I have work to do today and I am also watching football... I'll probably be out of action most of this weekend sadly :(

I'll hit you up for an invite Monday.

Your not missing anything so far, server hasn't been up. Glad I didn't wake up early today to play as soon as it started.

Morkath on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well it was up around 10:30AM for conquest testing, but they took it down at about 1PM for "an hour" and I guess it's still down.

I was unhappy because it went down in the middle of one of my best matches.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well it was up around 10:30AM for conquest testing, but they took it down at about 1PM for "an hour" and I guess it's still down.

I was unhappy because it went down in the middle of one of my best matches.

Its been up and down all day. Pretty annoying.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    ExarjadeExarjade Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    IDS. I've gathered as many PA folks as I can, but so far I'm only up to 7-8. Could use more!

Send an invite my way then! Well once the server comes back up! :D

Exarjade on
  • Options
    ForxForx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    IDS. I've gathered as many PA folks as I can, but so far I'm only up to 7-8. Could use more!

Do invite me, I'd love to try out the conquest play.
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    are trying to be one-man armies and it pisses me off. I see a dude at 25% HP just...staring at my medcrate not doing anything with it.

I'm fed-up of recons running off at the start of a PvE game, running past the first group of mobs, then getting reamed.

Forx on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Exarjade wrote: »

Send an invite my way then! Well once the server comes back up! :D

I'm BlueDestiny in-game, but I'm already with a friends Agency. If you see TRG around that's us.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone who can should try to add me on steam. ID : kibbles651@msn.com, display name: KB. Just add me up and throw me a message.

Damn. Twitter update says no Conquest for now. Servers back up in 10 though!

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Got the magma lance last night right before the server went down apparently. Got to use it for a few minutes just now before the servers went down.

Working a lot better for me than the chaingun in PvP. Hits for 600, has a long range and a scope, AoE, and a fire dot to tag cloakers. And it gets the same number of shots as the grenade launcher.

God that grenade launcher is a pos.

Morkath on
  • Options
    dachishdachish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kinderparty - I'm down for that. My character is Dachish. I should be on in the next 30 min or so after dinner.

dachish on
    My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
    Eyes forever focused, on the sanguine, metal dawn.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Assault - 50% jetpack cost + 40% energy pool = high flyin'

Jasconius on
  • Options
    dachishdachish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I picked up that 50% jetpack cost on my medic. I can't see not spending that one point for such a massive improvement.

dachish on
    My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
    Eyes forever focused, on the sanguine, metal dawn.
  • Options
    ForxForx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It would seem 99% of the players don't understand the concept of the payload maps... With one minute to go I gave up playing robo as I figured it should and made a dash for the PL (which had yet to move) getting it half way to the first point on my own. Needless to say I then got my ass handed to me by several recons and then we lost.

Forx on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I haven't diagnosed the player base yet.

On the one hand I am happy that there seem to be a decent amount of pre-purchasers already, but really, as in all games, most of them suck in terms of teamwork.

I wouldn't really classify ghost sword spam as skill.

TF2 is the only game I've ever played where a majority of players are at least somewhat capable.

Maybe Tribes 2 a close second.

Oh, and, I noticed that the Assault EMP grenade is awesome, strong, and does damage to players. The description to me made it sound like it only affected turrets.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is there a decent community site for this game?

The official site is... unbelievably bad.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jasconius - I'm the admin at GR for global agenda and I'm gonna' do my best to make a community site for the game that's worth something. The official boards are a bit of an abomination.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What is GR

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GameReplays.org. Just opened our GA section back up after CBT closed.

It's very barren and is going to need a lot of community pushing during game release. Though, things seem good with our planning.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Popped my morale in front of an enemy point, built a turret inside it, and wiped everyone out.

Best moment of the night.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ha, that morale stuff is a cool idea. Does everybody of a particular class get the same one or are they switchable like weapons?

zilo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can see devices and weapons that I will get at later levels, and morale doesn't have that. Who knows.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The more I play the more I am tempted to switch to robotics or recon.

There are just so many goddamn recon players in this game there is nothing I can do most of the time.

Also I really don't like melee, it's too strong, and to hard to defend against.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Recon are a good counter to Robotics. They can slip past a turret and beat on you. In, I specifically park myself IN FRONT of my turret to discourage such a thing.

When in doubt, just block. Not a perfect strategy, but a lot of recons will mindlessly beat on you and slowly kill themselves.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Recon are a good counter to Robotics. They can slip past a turret and beat on you. In, I specifically park myself IN FRONT of my turret to discourage such a thing.

When in doubt, just block. Not a perfect strategy, but a lot of recons will mindlessly beat on you and slowly kill themselves.

I tried blocking, it seems to eat energy faster than it damages them. Especially since it takes energy to block even when not getting hit. They just melee you a couple times, then switch to gun when you go to block, then win due to having more energy at that point.

Morkath on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Considering it's so early in the game level wise, I kinda see no problems with meele atm. Assuming you eventually get even better and better gear, and better and better weaponry, it should even the playing field quite a bit.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Conquest mode is going live soon. Anyone who doesn't have the vent information can PM me on steam!

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Considering it's so early in the game level wise, I kinda see no problems with meele atm. Assuming you eventually get even better and better gear, and better and better weaponry, it should even the playing field quite a bit.

Theres not much difference in the weaponry, at least as assault. They all do the same damage, just different secondary effects.

Flame DoT rocket, Armor(Robot only?) debuff rocket, Homing Rocket. All do the same damage.
    Shitty Useless Grenade launcher, TF2 Sticky Bombs that do +40% robot damage. Both do the same damage I believe, not counting robot bonus.
    Chain Gun, Chain Gun that does 10 more damage a shot.

Morkath on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are there any decent gameplay videos to give me an idea what this is like? I want to try it out and see how it is, but I'm kind of against preordering it just to decide I don't like it. Is it all over-the-shoulder?

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Are there any decent gameplay videos to give me an idea what this is like? I want to try it out and see how it is, but I'm kind of against preordering it just to decide I don't like it. Is it all over-the-shoulder?

all third person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSLaYgjp3y4

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Was in a great Capture PVP last night.

It ended like 800 to 784.

Got 3k experience from it :D

Jasconius on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I decided to preorder it on a whim, let's see how it turns out.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't tell if I am getting better or what, but it seems that I am doing better as I get higher in the levels and the only thing that has change is I have one implant...

Tried medic for a while.... was alright. I knifed an assault guy down on my own, wee.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't tell if I am getting better or what, but it seems that I am doing better as I get higher in the levels and the only thing that has change is I have one implant...

You also have Skill points. Which are kind of a HUGE DEAL.

I ran a Recon with -jetpack consumption and +40 energy for a while. It was fun, but once I hit 10, I switched over to Infiltration and picked up the explosives improvements. My rank IV mines hit for like 1100 or something retarded like that. I've actually been playing my Recon very defensively, mining up robotics turrets and capture points, then waiting till someone eats a hit before swooping in for an easy kill.

It doesn't always work out that perfectly, of course, but I've been getting a LOT more kills this way than trying to be an "omg lol ninja."

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My best moment of the night was when I was attempting to take one of the enemy's points as a medic. I'm all by my lonesom when all of the sudden two sword swinging recon dudes come charging straight at me. I fired off a few shots from my agony gun and popped my poison aura, then pulled out the injector and held out my shield expecting the worst.

They both swing straight at me at the same time.

They both slumpe over and died at once.

Unrelated to that story: Did anyone else get to play a conquest fight tonight? It was pretty fun, but chokepoints + robotics = fuck the world.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Already met my first spawn campers. Put two mines at the top of ramp (making them hard to see if you're not looking for them, I was looking towards the point). On respawn I just jetpacked over to him and started beating his face in. Then his buddy decloaks behind me for some good old fashioned 2 on 1.
    I maced them both to death. Felt good.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, some douche set up a turret underneath our spawn zone, highly annoying.

So Assault is quite fun. Up to level 8 tonight. I actually managed to rack up quite a bit of damage with the grenade launcher a few times.

Also, woahrecon. I didn't play a game all night with less than 4, except for one that was 2 assault, 3 medic, 3 robotic, 2 recon where we won 800-0.

zilo on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Got to play this for a few hours on my friends account tonight. Very impressive, and way less clunky than I was expecting. Played Assault and Recon mostly, I'm itching to try Robotics. The only thing I'm concerned about is levels 1-20 in whatever map I was playing over and over. Seemed like too big of a bracket, and whichever team had a few random 20's would nearly always steam roll. I don't know if this is just to deal with low server pops in beta and only temporary or what they're planning to roll out with.

It's one of the better FPS-MMO hybrids to come along, and this is pre-retail. Good shit miroki.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Played one round of AvA earlier, it was pretty cool. The best part was seeing the map light up with attacks after all the hexes had been claimed.

Also, the mech in CTR is more of a large exosuit. With crushing fists of smashing doom.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    4 recon, 2 robotics, 2 medics = win

I figured out my problem with destroying recon mines, it's the firebomb you can't destroy.

It kinda feels like they didn't bother trying to balance anything, they just made most everything extremely overpowered in certain circumstances.

Morkath on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So how does the combat feel?

I've been watching youtube videos and it actually looks quite good.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aumni wrote: »
    So how does the combat feel?

I've been watching youtube videos and it actually looks quite good.

It's pretty good fun and seems evenly matched in most areas. No such thing as a headshot as far as I'm aware so the better person usually wins in one on ones.

Group skirmishes are pretty fun with the usual medics in tow of the assault, recons fucking around somewhere and robotics setting up shop on either side of a battle.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
This discussion has been closed.