As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] of the Martyrs

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    pods what am I supposed to use the strainer for exactly? my parents got a decent bar set.

Any time you mix a drink by shaking it with ice, you generally strain it into the glass. Also, if your shaking it with stuff you don't want to end up in the drink, like possibly fruit, you might strain it, or even (I think?) double-strain it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Facebook keeps telling me to write on the wall of the best (?) friend of an ex. While I'm curious to know what the final fallout of that was as it spilled over, I'm fairly certain this is a bad idea.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and look guys. if i can have sex. with a person. that is actually awesome. you guys can do it too.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

So wait, sex WASN'T THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEMS?

Shock!

Awe!
    well it was the answer to some problems :winky:

i never expected it to be anyway, i've kind of given up on finding anyone willing to date me

i may just have to get used to this

There are plenty of guys willing to date you.

This fine chap for instance.

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fat-jared.jpg

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Shock!

Awe!

i never expected it to be anyway, i've kind of given up on finding anyone willing to date me

Or you could always not settle.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Facebook keeps telling me to write on the wall of the best (?) friend of an ex. While I'm curious to know what the final fallout of that was as it spilled over, I'm fairly certain this is a bad idea.

suggestions.png

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and look guys. if i can have sex. with a person. that is actually awesome. you guys can do it too.

If I wanted to have sex with guys I wouldn't have this problem.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm sorry if our objective superiority gives you low self-esteem. However, nothing is stopping you from moving here.

Other than the weather, which really isn't suitable for human habitation at your locale.
    I forgot, west coasters are also pansies who are terrified of frozen water that falls out of the sky.
    Uh, no, we have no problem with frozen water falling from the sky. In fact, we have a whole industry dedicated entirely to it (with, it's worth noting, much higher-quality runs than most of yours).

It's the frozen water falling up that bothers us. And the water that falls and then freezes. You know, the type of weather that they don't even write about in the Bible.

Your ancestors landed, traveled a ways, said "this is good enough," and stopped; my ancestors said "fuck this shit," and kept going until they found the most awesome place in the country.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

hey.

hey man.

low.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Shock!

Awe!

Well there's that one guy!

I would totally date you but you live far away. I figured you already knew that.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Snow is pretty great.

Ice can be a bitch though.

Though riding on a quad on a frozen pond is kind of interesting.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    pods what am I supposed to use the strainer for exactly? my parents got a decent bar set.

Any time you mix a drink by shaking it with ice, you generally strain it into the glass. Also, if your shaking it with stuff you don't want to end up in the drink, like possibly fruit, you might strain it, or even (I think?) double-strain it.

I usually just use the strainer on the shaker

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry if our objective superiority gives you low self-esteem. However, nothing is stopping you from moving here.

Other than the weather, which really isn't suitable for human habitation at your locale.
    I forgot, west coasters are also pansies who are terrified of frozen water that falls out of the sky.
    Uh, no, we have no problem with frozen water falling from the sky. In fact, we have a whole industry dedicated entirely to it (with, it's worth noting, much higher-quality runs than most of yours).

It's the frozen water falling up that bothers us. And the water that falls and then freezes. You know, the type of weather that they don't even write about in the Bible.

Your ancestors landed, traveled a ways, said "this is good enough," and stopped; my ancestors said "fuck this shit," and kept going until they found the most awesome place in the country.

Well, my ancestors more landed, founded New Amsterdam, partied aristocracily for 150 years and fled the country cause they loved King George III. :P

Then they came back for med school.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I... doubt that

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

hey.

hey man.

low.

All the good women are taken, all the good guys are gay, this is our sitcom universe.

--

Eddy: But I'm so pretty.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I... doubt that

OH.....SNAP.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    Well there's that one guy!

That one guy is a stoner and a philosophy major! He's probably forgotten all about it already in a haze of smoke and incredibly deep revelations about, like...why we're all here dude, you know?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I found a nice shop nearby that sells a shaker, mixing glass, jigger, bar spoon, strainer, muddler and ice tongs as a bartending starter pack type thing. I won't be using some of it for now, but I think I got the bare essentials.

:^: :^:

I got a gift certificate from crate and barrell. I wanted to get some nice champagne coupes

AAAADP9J920AAAAAAABaag.jpg

for aviation cocktails and such, but it looks like they don't have them. So I guess I'll get some legit old fashioned glasses and maybe a few more martini glasses.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I... doubt that

:lol:

ICE BURN

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't be a good gay. Sure, I'm vain enough, and I know how to dress - but I still dress poorly, and am not much of a looker on account of all the weight. No gag reflex, though.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    look man, just take all the available people you are potentially attracted to, and then reduce the available pool to about 2% of that

a huge amount of the 2% will deny being attracted to your gender or not outwardly acknowledge it

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't be a good gay. Sure, I'm vain enough, and I know how to dress - but I still dress poorly, and am not much of a looker on account of all the weight. No gag reflex, though.

You have great bear potential.

Kagera on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, the gag reflex thing is gonna be a big issue for me someday.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    how do you know this

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Okay, yes. Yes, I would make the greatest bear.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    how do you know this

everyone knows if they have a gag reflex or not.

i can suppress mine quite well.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm guessing bears aren't typically submissive?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Pretty much every cocktail. Most cocktails get stirred or shaken. If you are serving a cocktail up (like a martini) then a strainer pours out the liquid while keeping the ice back. If you are serving a cocktail on the rocks, you still want to pour the cocktail over fresh ice, so you need to strain the cocktail to separate it from the old ice.

Also, many drinks are muddled to get the oils released from what is being muddled, HOWEVER, you don't want the grit and gristle in the cocktail, and so you strain it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    how do you know this

I've tried to make myself vomit in the past and that way just does not work.

edit:

Alternate joke response: BECAUSE OF ALL THE BIG JUICY DICKS I PUT IN MY THROAT OBVIOUSLY HELLOOOOOO~~~~~~

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Okay, yes. Yes, I would make the greatest bear.

2u40rj7.jpg

Winky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I... doubt that

:lol:

ICE BURN

Hey. Hey.

I will race you to having some dude with a nice car offering me a ring in exchange for a lifetime of blowjobs.

And mine will have a shaplier ass.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    charav.jpg

charsig.jpg

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    how do you know this

I've tried to make myself vomit in the past and that way just does not work.

edit:

Alternate joke response: BECAUSE OF ALL THE BIG JUICY DICKS I PUT IN MY THROAT OBVIOUSLY HELLOOOOOO~~~~~~

AW JEAH

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »

Pretty much every cocktail. Most cocktails get stirred or shaken. If you are serving a cocktail up (like a martini) then a strainer pours out the liquid while keeping the ice back. If you are serving a cocktail on the rocks, you still want to pour the cocktail over fresh ice, so you need to strain the cocktail to separate it from the old ice.

Also, many drinks are muddled to get the oils released from what is being muddled, HOWEVER, you don't want the grit and gristle in the cocktail, and so you strain it.

right, I got that, but I've been using the strainer on our shaker just fine. what's the separate strainer for?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Those suck, the holes don't actually "strain" as much as they "keep back ice." A hawthorne strainer (what I posted before) gets a nice, clean pour, and you get ALL the alcohol out. The lid of a boston shaker leaves about 10% of the liquor trapped amongst the ice.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This week on Tiny Toons: Its imagine you were gay day?

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Winky I'll show you my appreciation for including me in your D&D Adventure thing as soon as I'm done showing Chamberlain my appreciation.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    getting rid of the gag reflex is just a matter of practice. took me a few years but i can touch my uvula just fine and go further back if im careful

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »

Those suck, the holes don't actually "strain" as much as they "keep back ice." A hawthorne strainer (what I posted before) gets a nice, clean pour, and you get ALL the alcohol out. The lid of a boston shaker leaves about 10% of the liquor trapped amongst the ice.

ah that makes sense.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    charav.jpg

charsig.jpg

you the man. man!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.