As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Midi music used in PATV

dotbackpopcommadotbackpopcomma Registered User new member
edited December 2009 in PAX Archive
I'm trying to figure out which game the midi music which plays at the end of "Penny Arcade: The Series
Season 1: Pilot Part 1" came from. Also, it sounds like it's either a mixture of midi and orchestra, or a remix of some sort. It sounded late NES to me... quite honestly. Any suggestions would be helpful, since at present I have no idea where to begin.

To be clear; not the band which played at PAX, but the extra diegetic music which begins around the 33rd second, then plays intermittently throughout the the video.

I couldn't find a forum specifically for the series, nor did a search yield anything referring to the in-series music.

[Edit] It was listed in the credits; Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula.

dotbackpopcomma on

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No MIDI involved here, Anamanaguchi makes music that plays on a real NES! It's is quite a feat. Also, not sure if you were doubting it but they did play at PAX.

Helix Nebula is from the album Dawn Metropolis.

If you're into more modern-NES stuff Rushjet1 also makes great tunes.

Agentflit on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    The appropriate thread for discussing PATV is here.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.