Options

Well this fucking sucks

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    It has, however, impacted my mom, who used to be a store manager for major retail, and is now decorating cakes.

well at least it was good for that one thing

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the news show i direct was canceled today

Oh man, that sucks so much. It's good to know you still have some work though. I'm going to be looking for a job in TV in a year, and all I'm hearing how tough it is to get anything. Hopefully you get another show soon!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    zoom. zip. smash.zoom. zip. smash. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My mom had a huge seizure Christmas Eve and I'm pretty sure it's the economy's fault.

zoom. zip. smash. on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    is she doing okay?

unintentional on
  • Options
    zoom. zip. smash.zoom. zip. smash. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Everything she loves to do involves being in the water and drowning is the most common cause of death among people who have seizures. It seems like there's nothing physically wrong with her brain, but she's pretty depressed. :(

zoom. zip. smash. on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    solution: buy a giant but gentle water-loving dog

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    The economic downturn has not impacted me in any way.

It has, however, impacted my mom, who used to be a store manager for major retail, and is now decorating cakes.

this is absolutely a lie
    you may not be aware of the many smaller impacts it's had and you may be doing well in your job currently in spite of it, but it most certainly is impacting you

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I fucking pulled something fierce in my back today and had to go home

then laid on the floor with a heating pad for hours in pain

fuck

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pip next time you try to lift the economy on your own lift from your knees.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

this is absolutely a lie
    you may not be aware of the many smaller impacts it's had and you may be doing well in your job currently in spite of it, but it most certainly is impacting you

Not really. Not at all.

But thanks for making stupid bullshit remarks without all the facts. It's cool.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Staxeon wrote: »
    Pip next time you try to lift the economy on your own lift from your knees.

haha

Faricazy on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The economy screwed me by me being awesome in spite of it?

The week before christmas:
    Announced: All employees get the usual $50 gift card to wal-mart as their "ham"
    Announced: All office employees get a bonus of 1 week's pay.
    Then at the end of the week I was told I'm getting a $8,320.00 a year raise (or $4 /hr more) effective back at the beginning of the week.
    Oh and at the end of January the wife gets a raise of $9,440.50 year.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

this is absolutely a lie

Not really. Not at all.

But thanks for making stupid bullshit remarks without all the facts. It's cool.

no, it absolutely does affect you in spite of your insistence to the contrary

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Despite still not explaining himself in any way, I'm going to have to agree with Druhim on this one.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius is only saying that because he was planning on selling his body before the recession hit anyway.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the explanation is simple
    he doesn't exist in an isolated economy
    even if it doesn't seem his job has been affected (though who can say if he may have received an even bigger raise if the economy wasn't in the shitter? but that's pure conjecture)
    the simple fact is that people are out of work, the price of goods have been affected (not necessarily for the worse)
    so yes, the number of people out of work and cutbacks in public spending as well as the impact the recession has had on consumer goods certainly has impacted his wallet
    in some cases probably for the better, in some cases for the worse

I don't claim to know precisely how it's impacted his financial situation, but it's incredibly simpleminded to insist it hasn't impacted you at all

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Work was pretty fucking quiet for the beginning of the year.

Luckily I snagged this random job which managed to tide us over just, but it was pretty slim pickings.

Blake T on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    that's kind of like saying I don't have cancer (yet) so it has in no way impacted me.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    speaking of cancer, I just found out that one of my cousins has a breast tumor and they're likely going to remove both breasts
    :(

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    even if it doesn't seem his job has been affected (though who can say if he may have received an even bigger raise if the economy wasn't in the shitter? but that's pure conjecture)
    the simple fact is that people are out of work, the price of goods have been affected (not necessarily for the worse)
    so yes, the number of people out of work and cutbacks in public spending as well as the impact the recession has had on consumer goods certainly has impacted his wallet

I don't claim to know precisely how it's impacted his financial situation, but it's incredibly simpleminded to insist it hasn't impacted you at all

what if he is a farmer who uh, farms everything he needs to stay alive without buying or selling anything?

what then, tough guy?!

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Both of my grandmothers and my aunt had breast cancer. It's something that I tend to worry about from time to time.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wimble wrote: »

what if he is a farmer who uh, farms everything he needs to stay alive without buying or selling anything?

what then, tough guy?!

jew magic

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    he is on the internet
    meaning not a total hermit

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    speaking of cancer, I just found out that one of my cousins has a breast tumor and they're likely going to remove both breasts
    :(

aw that sucks

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That sucks Dru. :(

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Despite my good fortune so far in terms of moving plans going ahead of schedule, I'm absolutely scared shitless I'm not going to be able to find a job, so I'm very tempted to just save and save and save so I can live for like six months without any sort of positive income

Javen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to sit here and brag about myself to internet folk, but given my age, circumstance, and background, I am doing well. In italics.

Using some weird ass butterfly effect/holistic logic to prove a vague point... doesn't really prove anything or make you right.

It just means you can say something that can't be tangibly refuted or substantiated. Congratulations, you've reached 5th level internet poster.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guys, I'm not dead, so death doesn't have impact on my life.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not pillow so pillow doesn't have an impact on faynor

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to sit here and brag about myself to internet folk, but given my age, circumstance, and background, I am doing well. In italics.

Using some weird ass butterfly effect/holistic logic to prove a vague point... doesn't really prove anything or make you right.

It just means you can say something that can't be tangibly refuted or substantiated. Congratulations, you've reached 5th level internet poster.

Doing well doesn't mean you're not being affected, though. Without knowing what line of work you're in, I can prove this just by saying that there are absolutely certain industries that thrive during recession.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I did refute it, though

stop ignoring farmer logic. It is a valid form of logic, I tell you

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jasconius lives on the moon and hax the internet gibsons from there.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not a lesbian so obviously pillow is a figment of my imagination

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You buy something from somewhere, you've been affected by the economy that you live in.

It's really that simple. Gas, a gallon of milk, condoms, whatever. It doesn't matter.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not a lesbian so obviously pillow is a figment of my imagination

Pillow who?

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pillow is my favourite otter imagination figment

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You buy something from somewhere, you've been affected by the economy that you live in.

It's really that simple. Gas, a gallon of milk, condoms, whatever. It doesn't matter.

Yes, but that's an absolutely ridiculous argument.

That's like saying a butterfly in Tibet flapping its wings is making my oatmeal take 0.00000005 nanoseconds longer to heat up, and then basing life decisions off that.

BUT I GUESS ITS COOL TO BE RIGHT NO MATTER HOW PETTY

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Druhim likes to be technically right (the best kind of right). Why does it infuriate you so much?

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wimble wrote: »
    Druhim likes to be technically right (the best kind of right). Why does it infuriate you so much?

Because it's obnoxious?

Javen on