As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Beat on!]A god hand discussion thread

2»

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Playing through this game again to try to get all the God attacks is annoying.

I thought I could still have all my old moves and such but nooooooooooo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just got this and i'm about to put it in. It better be the tits

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    this game is hard and too damn funny

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    GOD HAND THREAD RESSUREEEEECCCCTTTT!!!!

Alright, this thread needs reviving since we who reside in the UK just got this yesterday. Currenley up to the 'cage match' fights where you fight the trident Demon. holy hell I love the Boss fights, so damn fun, especially thanks to the music, which is extremley catchy and just plain bizzare. Anyone know if they released the game's soundtrack? I need the game's theme tune (the music from level 1) or heads shall roll. I was humming Elvis' theme tune for a good portion of today too.

Anyone care to share any killer combos they have figured out? Try this baby out, in God Hand mode it can absolultye decimate entire groups and keep them juggled indefinetley

-Chin Music
    -Sugar Gene Combo
    -Mach Speed Jab 1 (This move is perfect to see if they are blocking your attacks as it lasts so long and can easily be followed by a guard breaker to restart the combo)
    -Elbow Vortex
    -High Snap Kick
    -Double Snap Kick

Pretty much pummels the enemy with 13 punches, smacks them in the face with 3 kicks and thenkicks them high into the air after a quick kick, ready to be caught again by the Chin Music attack. It's fucking awesome in God Hand Mode.

Suffice to say I was giggling for about an hour straight while playing this game for the first time and love how you just get thrown into the fun with loadsof moves to try and lots of tough enemies to fight. Totally badass game, it just screams 'fun' to me.

Possibly my favorite moment so far was when a demon lunged at me, arms and legs spread out to land on me and I simply turned around and kicked him in the junk while he was in mid-air. Classic, plus catching both the Mardi Gras guys in a God Hand fueled 'pummel' was spectacular.

Have any of the english got around to playing this yet? Do the people who stopped playing it still find it fun?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I got this game for my birthday a few days back, and I absolutely love it. Everything about it is just perfect. At the $30 price-point, I expected it to be decent, but not stand out in anyway, but even at a budget price, Clover delivered an excellent game. Christ, my brother-in-law and I have spent several hours just betting on poison chihuahua races.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Apparently there's a secret if you manage to play through the entire game with the "Kick me" sign on your back. This means that you can't use the God Hand OR the Roulette moves, and even on easy mode it is as hard as hell. Half of my strategies involved running around and taunting until my God meter was full. I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal with Alex, let alone the final boss.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bursar wrote: »
    Apparently there's a secret if you manage to play through the entire game with the "Kick me" sign on your back. This means that you can't use the God Hand OR the Roulette moves, and even on easy mode it is as hard as hell. Half of my strategies involved running around and taunting until my God meter was full. I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal with Alex, let alone the final boss.
    I did this, don't expect something really neat to be unlocked. But it's still loads of fun trying to beat the last boss without using your god hand

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crunchycrunchy Registered User new member
    edited February 2007
    I picked this up last week ($18 at Amazon). Pure beat-em up joy!

crunchy on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thank you Holthead.

I wonder if I should try to play this with the Guitar Hero controller?
    Holthead, your the expert with that. Is it possible?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would think the lack of analog sticks would make this utterly impossible.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I would think the lack of analog sticks would make this utterly impossible.
    The impossible is easy.

*starts crying because HL2 Episode 2 was delayed...and portal with it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!*

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    More impossible cause Clover is gone.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    More impossible cause Clover is gone.
    But seeds, man. Seeds.

And technically clover is dying. They officialy close there doors next month.

[:(]
    *cry*

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    They wont be able to make a Capcom game though.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I very much doubt you could do much with the GH controller since you can't move about, You would not be able to dodge or move around, but you could

-Use the Square button combos
    - Use the Triangle and X button for moves
    -Use Circle to pick up stuff and use context sensitive attacks
    -Taunt to lure people towards you
    -Activate the God Hand
    -Activate the roulette and use it
    -Turn around

When I unlock enough moves, maybe I can find one that makes him lunge forwards, like the step-back kick but with no 'stepping back', then if I could find a move that makes him end up spinning 90 degrees or so, yes, I'm sure it could be done. Right now you could definatley fight, but not be able to use the back + Triangle/Square/X buttons, so I'd set it up like this-

-Square combo would be a combo that involves a guard breaker for about the third move
    -Triangle would be a move that makes him lunge forwards
    -X would be a move that makes him spin 90 degrees

Raising the GH controller would definatley have to activate God Hand mode, just because it relates so much to star power and the guitar jamming during that phase kicks ass. Dodging attacks would have to consist of striking them at the last second with a quick attack to innterupt them, or turning 90 degrees with some form of attack and doing a 'lunge' move, or you could just use the god hand.

I'll get back to you guys about this after I earn some new moves and can try this stuff out.

EDIT: I doubt this is new news, but did anyone else notice the title for the chapter where you fight the cranes is called 'Giant Enemy Crane'? Reference perhaps?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Okay, I'm just posting to say that I think God Hand is one of my favorite games ever. I just got up to
    Shannon in demon form
    . She transforms, and I go 'What the fuck is-NYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!' and something just takes ahold of me. I just go crazy go-nuts punching this huge-assed demon thing without worrying for an instant, I just 'floor it' instantly without worrying about tactics or anything, I didn't even activate any God-hand abilites until about 20 seconds later. I got killed after about two munites solid, but good-god that was an awesome two munites. This game is amazing, simply because it's so damn fun, makes you feel hella-confident and also provides an awesome, balanced challenge based on skill and a little bit of luck.

Man, is anyone enjoying this game as much as I am? I'm pretty sure, if the game keeps up this continious stream of awesome it's going on 'the list'.

1) Streets of Rage 2
    2) Viewtiful Joe
    3) Devil May Cry 3
    4) God Hand

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Okay, I'm just posting to say that I think God Hand is one of my favorite games ever. I just got up to
    Shannon in demon form
    . She transforms, and I go 'What the fuck is-NYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!' and something just takes ahold of me. I just go crazy go-nuts punching this huge-assed demon thing without worrying for an instant, I just 'floor it' instantly without worrying about tactics or anything, I didn't even activate any God-hand abilites until about 20 seconds later. I got killed after about two munites solid, but good-god that was an awesome two munites. This game is amazing, simply because it's so damn fun, makes you feel hella-confident and also provides an awesome, balanced challenge based on skill and a little bit of luck.

Man, is anyone enjoying this game as much as I am? I'm pretty sure, if the game keeps up this continious stream of awesome it's going on 'the list'.

1) Streets of Rage 2
    2) Viewtiful Joe
    3) Devil May Cry 3
    4) God Hand

I love it, but god damnit fuck those arena missions sometimes.

Also: FUCK THEM for not giving me all the money I got to buy the God moves in a new game.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Grief, this game is hard stuff.
    Just bought it today, and the first boss is giving me an odd problem or two.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I love it, but god damnit fuck those arena missions sometimes.

Also: FUCK THEM for not giving me all the money I got to buy the God moves in a new game.

You get twice as much money from all items, arena wins and minigames in a replay.

I think it suffices.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Rust wrote: »
    You get twice as much money from all items, arena wins and minigames in a replay.

I think it suffices.

I had well over several million because I was bad-ass at Blackjack.

Seeing that all go away made me go D:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Resident0Resident0 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just got this through the mail this morning, im up to the two homosexuals, i cant stop laughing this game is NUTS....

One thing though, can you get power ups to eat during battles to regain your health, as it seems impossible to beat some of the bosses with only one health bar!

Resident0 on
    sig.gif