As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have very [CHAT] expectations for this thread. Very [CHAT] indeed.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Me? I got this journal about a week ago and started to record every single thing I eat (and anything I drink if it has a caloric value)

Along with that I have thoughts and reflections on the day and my life in general. So I guess I guess it's like a diary with a dietary footnote. Even so, it's keeping me motivated, and that's what counts.

Also I've been drawing. That takes my mind off food.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just google'd for some looks and one of the first relevant links was to the PA:D&D Fashion thread with the top post from Moss.

He really is that fashionably inclined.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Welp, off to (finally) see Avatar.

Flay on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ive had just about every strange dish you could think about for breakfast. Today it was fried noodles with coffee.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    Welp, off to (finally) see Avatar.

I liked it, it was like dating a supermodel. Kinda stupid, but honestly, you really don't care.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guy I like wants to date my friend. Friend doesn't want to date guy I like.

Awkward.

Hmm... I can top that.

Best friend dating sister. Walking in on them kissing in the living room. Very Awkward.

What's funny is that now that i have moved in to her room, who knows what else went on where i sleep now. The possibilities are endless.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So um. How much thread plugging in chat does it take to make me a thread whore?

This much?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It matters on the contents.

So is the Journal really useful? Like a sort of psychological warfare combatant on bad eating habits?

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let me put it this way. I havent eaten a single piece of junk food in six days.

It helps me to be more self aware

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I see. I should do that.

I'm freaking fat, even though it doesn't look like it since my height and the distribution.

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah.

My fatness crushes every ounce of my self esteem under a ton of flabby despair.

I have such an awkward social history because of it that I'm not even sure whether I'm gay or straight. Probably ought to talk to a shrink about that one eventually.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    One thing at a time man.

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah. Day 6 is approaching a close. I've just got to make and eat dinner and I'll be done.

Maybe I can get some more drawing in.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah.

I have such an awkward social history because of it that I'm not even sure whether I'm gay or straight. Probably ought to talk to a shrink about that one eventually.

lay a mirror on the ground. walk over it and look down. in the mirror, do you see the reflection of a penis or vagina staring back from what would normally be hidden from view by your gut?

which do you think about while masturbating? penis or vagina?

answer key:

penis, penis = gay
    vagina, vagina = gay
    penis, vagina = straight
    vagina, penis = straight

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    manon you have missed the bisexual combination

this punnet square has insufficient dimensions.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hm. I dunno. I kind of think about both.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's all about the sexual duality.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    But it's so ambiguous. Like it's hazy on either side. I don't know how to describe it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How old are you?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Twenty-three. Twenty-four in April.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Yeah.

Kill both your self-esteem and sexual confusion birds with one stone by describing yourself as "graight."

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't know how well that will work. Although for some reason it does make me feel a little better.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    tynic wrote: »

I love Fisti. Dude rules.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I just booked myself in to get my wisdom teeth out. I have been putting this off for, oh, about 6 years.

I AM TERRIFIED.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I just booked myself in to get my wisdom teeth out. I have been putting this off for, oh, about 6 years.

I AM TERRIFIED.

dumbass. At this point they might have to break your jaw to get your wisdom teeth out.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    answer key:

penis, penis = gay
    vagina, vagina = gay
    penis, vagina = straight
    vagina, penis = straight

This also explains why you're so bad trying to figure out what is and isn't a burger.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    They told me I needed to get my wisdom teeth out and I didn't because my father died the day I was scheduled to go. Now, more than four years later I still haven't had them out and you know what has happened? They straightened my teeth.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I AM TERRIFIED.

dumbass. At this point they might have to break your jaw to get your wisdom teeth out.

try poorass. but i have health cover I can use now! woo!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    They told me I needed to get my wisdom teeth out and I didn't because my father died the day I was scheduled to go. Now, more than four years later I still haven't had them out and you know what has happened? They straightened my teeth.

What you're saying is I should cancel the appointment? DONE AND DONE.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What I am saying is that dentists get a little kickback from oral surgeons everytime they get a customer from them.

rts on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I AM TERRIFIED.

Man you are in for a world of hurt.

I got mine out three years prior the day after Christmas.

Worst gift ever.

Godfather on
  • Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    tynic wrote: »
    If only that archived our old avatars and sigs as well.

Sonic on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Man, I got mine out, spat out some orange juice on the way back, slept most of the day, spat out some blood, next day I went to Return of the King half-passed out, next day I felt fine.

It's not the experience of pure torture people make it out to be, provided you don't go to someone who sucks and infects your wounds with shit. It's more just pretty annoying for a few days, then you get over it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've only sprouted one wisdom tooth so far. And it prevents me from closing my mouth the right way.

But I don't have the money to fix it. So...eh.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, I got mine out, spat out some orange juice on the way back, slept most of the day, spat out some blood, next day I went to Return of the King half-passed out, next day I felt fine.

It's not the experience of pure torture people make it out to be, provided you don't go to someone who sucks and infects your wounds with shit. It's more just pretty annoying for a few days, then you get over it.

dude, I had one where the doctor had to drill into it until it shattered, and then pulled out the pieces, and even that wasn't that bad.

Anyone my age or younger being scared of the dentist is just a pansy ass.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    one of my teeth was actually poking into my nasal cavity, so i was sniffing blood and accidentally fucking up my clots every five seconds when i blew my nose

and it still wasn't that bad

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the scary part was that it was a bottom tooth.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    dude, I had one where the doctor had to drill into it until it shattered, and then pulled out the pieces, and even that wasn't that bad.
    They did that to a couple of mine. And they took out all 4 at once, so they put me to sleep for it. Then I woke up mid-drilling, but couldn't move anything but my eyes so I just opened them as wide as they would go until they noticed and knocked me back out. Didn't feel any pain and after it was done I slept a lot, took pain killers and was back at work after like two days.

Those dissolving stitches taste like ass when they come out though.

Sonic on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

The bolded part is what got to me.

The actual process wasn't bad. You're knocked out for the entire procedure, but the following night of sleep was the most aggravating experience ever.

The doctor forgot to tell us that I was supposed to sleep with my back propped so the blood doesn't drain into your stomach. As a result I got extremely nauseous, felt like I had a fever, and I threw up straight blood four times in a row in just one toilet bowl visit.

That was the worst feeling ever.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sonic wrote: »
    Those dissolving stitches taste like ass when they come out though.

Fuck fuck, I absolutely hated those things. I had all 4 out at the same time too. Pretty much the same thing happened to me as you sonic, woke up halfway through, couldn't feel anything but could see, and they just knocked me back out. I actually recovered in about a day in a half, was up and running, literally. Definitely just depends on the situation.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.